Follow Your Arrow

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Elliot Barton is one of the best agents Director Fury has. When sent on a mission, he and another, who later... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
March 10, 2007
September 15, 2007
Part I
1: 01
1: 02
1: 03
1: 04
1: 05
1: 06
1: 08
1: 09
1: 10
1: 11
1: 12
1: 13
Reunited
Part II
2: 01
2: 02
2: 03
2: 04
2: 05
2: 06
2: 07
2: 08
2: 09
2: 10
2: 11
2: 12
2: 13
Part III
3: 01
3: 02
3: 03
3: 04
3: 05
3: 06
3: 07
3: 08
3: 09
3: 10
3: 11
3: 12
3: 13
Sealing "Fate"
Book Two

1: 07

1K 27 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

INT. AIRCRAFT CARRIER ­- MORNING

Outside the Helicarrier, a lone carrier slowly hovered over the ship.

A S.H.I.E.L.D. base voice stated, "661 Bravo, please relay your pass code. What is your hull, over?"

"Arms to ammunition, over," Clint said.

Inside, Clint, Elliot and their crew suited up and armed themselves. Clint and Elliot pulled out their hi-tech bow and arrows.

INT. BRUCE'S LAB ­- MORNING

The egos of everyone kept rubbing off each other.

"You speak of control, yet you court chaos," Thor said.

"It's his M.O., isn't it?" Bruce replied. "I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're... we're a time-bomb."

"You need to step away," Fury ordered.

Tony put his arm around Steve and questioned, "Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?"

Steve pushed Tony off and yelled, "You know damn well why! Back off!"

Tony came face-to-face with Steve. "Oh, I'm starting to want you to make me."

"Yeah. Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?"

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist."

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. And I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

"I think I would just cut the wire."

Steve smiled. "Always a way out... You know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero."

"A hero? Like you? You're a lab rat, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle!"

OUTSIDE THE HELICARRIER

The ramp of the carrier opened. The carrier maneuvered next to one of the large turbine engines. Clint and Elliot stood at the base, holding out their bows. Clint pulled out a grenade tipped arrow. He pointed it at the engine. He moved his aim and pointed the arrow about a hundred feet from the engine. He released. The arrow flew out, but then sharply headed for the engine. The arrow was punctured onto the engine. It had a visible timer which was counting down.

INT. BRUCE'S LAB

Steve puffed up his chest at Tony, who just stood there, unmoving. He challenged, "Put on the suit, let's go a few rounds."

Thor laughed at them. "You people are so petty... and tiny."

Tony rubbed his head and moved away from Steve.

"Yeah, this is a team..." Bruce trailed.

"Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr.Banner back to his..." Fury was cut off.

"Where? You rented my room."

"The cell was just in case..."

"In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know! I tried!" He paused a beat. "I got low. I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out! So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good, until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk!" Bruce slowly got upset as he looked at Romanoff, who got unnerved. "You wanna know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?"

Black Widow and Fury had their hands down to grab their guns.

"Doctor Banner... put down the scepter," Steve said.

Bruce looked down and was shocked to see that he was holding Loki's scepter. The computer beeped. They all turned to it.

"Got it," Tony stated.

Bruce put down the scepter and walked over to the computer and said, "Sorry, kids. You don't get to see my little party trick after all."

"Located the Tesseract?" Thor questioned.

"I can get there faster," Tony challenged.

"Look, all of us..." Steve began.

"The Tesseract belongs on Asgard, no human is a match for it," Thor argued.

Tony turned to leave, but Steve stopped him and said, "You're not going alone!"

"You gonna stop me?" Tony shot back.

"Put on the suit, let's find out."

"I'm not afraid to hit an old man."

"Put on the suit."

At that moment, Bruce, who was looking at the monitor, noticed something about the Tesseract. "Oh, my God!"

OUTSIDE THE HELICARRIER

Clint pulled the trigger on his bow. The arrow exploded the engine off the Helicarrier.

INT. BRUCE'S LAB

Everyone was thrown in every direction. Steve, Fury, Thor and Tony were thrown across while Natasha and Banner were down in the lower equipment room.

Steve looked up at Tony and said, "Put on the suit!"

"Yep!" Tony agreed.

Steve helped Tony up and out of the lab. Fury clutched his ribs. He put on his earpiece and called, "Hill?!"

INT. HELICARRIER BRIDGE

Pandemonium erupted. Emergency alarms were set off, fire extinguishers activated near surrounding fires and every agent was in a spinning scramble for their positions and armaments. Agent Hill kept the bridge as calm as possible.

"Turn up that engine!" Hill ordered. "Number 3 engine is: down! Can we get a run in?" She ran over to Galaga player. "Talk to me."

The Galaga player pointed to the monitor and said, "Turbine's loose. Mostly intact, but it's impossible to get out there and make repairs while we're in the air."

"We lose one more engine, we won't be. Somebody's got to get inside and patch that engine."

INT. BRUCE'S LAB

"Stark! You copy that?!" Fury asked.

"I'm on it!" Tony replied.

"Coulson! Initiate official lock down in the detention section then get to the armory! Move out!"

INT. HELICARRIER BRIDGE

Agent Coulson ran out of the bridge.

INT. LOWER EQUIPMENT ROOM, CARRIER

Natasha looked over to Bruce, who was breathing heavy, having landed hard. He was gripping the grated floor to maintain control, but his eyes were green, his face intense.

Natasha said quietly to herself, "I'm okay. We're okay, right?"

EXT. HELICARRIER DECK

Clint and Elliot led their men into the air ducts of the ship. They rappelled down into a corridor.

"Get that engine down!" Clint ordered. "Detention! Get him through the dark! Come with me and Elliot."

Two of their men followed them. They headed towards the bridge.

EXT. END HALLWAY, CARRIER

Tony and Steve ran through a dim, debris filled hall.

"Find engine three," Tony instructed. "I'll meet you there."

Steve peeled off as Tony approached a tech room. Inside, Tony's Iron Man suit stood waiting, lit above.

INT. LOWER EQUIPMENT ROOM, CARRIER

The dim light shined on Bruce's face as he struggled to suppress the rage, but his face was growing, changing slowly. Natasha was pulling herself painfully free, talking to Bruce.

"Doctor... Bruce, you gotta fight it," Natasha told him. "This is just what Loki wants. We're gonna be okay. Listen to me."

Two approaching S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers arrived to check on her. She furiously waved them away. They bolted away.

"We're gonna be okay," Natasha reassured. "Right? I swear on my life I will get you out of this, you will walk away, and never..."

"Your life?" Bruce retorted.

His voice had the change in it -- the bitter amusement was morphing to a growled threat. Another explosion rocked the carrier -- and he turned to look at her, transforming just as the lights went out.

Natasha pleaded, "Bruce."

Bruce suddenly started transforming into the Hulk and gave Natasha one last knowing look. Natasha struggled free of the rubble. She stopped. Hulk, sensing her, turned his head and put on a face of a disturbing monster. Natasha jolted up the stairs with Hulk chasing after her. Natasha maneuvered herself. She rolled under a turbine and started to crawl within the maze of pipes. Hulk pulled them out from above the catwalk. Natasha fell through under the catwalks and quickly and stealthily escaped. Hulk let out a roar of rage unlike anything.

INT. HELICARRIER DETENTION SECTION - DAY

Loki looked up, smiling mischievously.

INT. HELICARRIER BRIDGE

Fury ran in and saw the chaos had increased even more than before. The helmsman was in complete disarray.

"Bring the carrier inwards and head south," Fury ordered. "Take us to the water."

"Why water?" the helmsman asked. "Navigations recalibrated after the engine failure."

"Is the sun coming up?!"

"Yes, sir."

"Then put it on the left! Get us over water! One more turbine goes down and we drop."

EXT. HELICARRIER PORT SIDE

Captain America, pushing with all his strength the door to port side, saw S.H.I.E.L.D. tech in full oxygen masks shoot fire extinguishers and cover from sparks -- largely unable to do anything. Engine 3 was totally dead. A large chunk of the port side in torn off.

"Stark, I'm here!" Captain America informed.

"Good," Tony replied. "See what we got."

Tony flew in his Iron Man suit and got close to the damaged engine. He observes within his view screen at the damaged engine and its layouts before saying, "I gotta get this super conducting cooling system back online before I can access the rotors and work on dislodging the debris."

EXT. HELICARRIER PORT SIDE

Iron Man began pulling on the stuck rotors and looked over at Steve. "I need you to get to that engine control panel and tell me which relays are in overload position."

Iron Man flew into giant cooling conductors. Captain America jumped over to the other side of the broken railing. Captain America got himself to the control panel and opened it up.

"What's it look like in there?" Iron Man asked.

"It seems to run on some form of electricity," Captain America replied.

"Well, you're not wrong."

INT. LOWER EQUIPMENT ROOM, CARRIER

Natasha continuously crawled under the catwalk and stopped. The room vibrated rhythmically. Natasha pulled out her gun and slowly walked out onto the catwalk and spun before a roar sounded. Natasha fired a shot into a liquid nitrogen pipe that hit Hulk in face. Hulk smashed it. Natasha began running through the maze of corridors. The sound the monster was coming. Finally, she reached and a long corridor. As she ran, behind her, Hulk tore up the hallway, coming at her. Natasha turned to see, but Hulk slapped her into the wall, smashing into the ground. Hulk marked his territory. Natasha looked up fearfully. Hulk raised his hand and was knocked off his feet by Thor who tackled him into the next room.

INT. HELICARRIER AIRCRAFT PORT

Both Thor and Hulk rolled across the floor. Everyone ran out. Thor looked up at Hulk. Hulk stood and moving like a boxer, wanted Thor to make his move. Hulk made his move but missed. Thor swung and almost knocked Hulk off his feet. Hulk kept swinging and missing, pissing him off. Finally, he brought down his arm, but Thor grabbed it and wrapped around it.

"We are not your enemies, Banner!" Thor told him. "Try to think!"

Hulk lifted his arm up, to Thor's surprise, and sent him flying as he punched Thor's face with his fist.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 190 16
Y/n Barton is not just any girl. When she was 10 she know that she wanted to be just like her father so she started to train as a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent...
2K 91 30
An attempt to create an AI to better the world epically fails and now the heroes are forced to deal with a new threat, and experimented upon twins wh...
355K 8.5K 42
When Rachel is called to Time Square, she has no idea what S.H.I.E.L.D. Has gotten themselves into. But when she sees Captain America in the middle o...
4.4K 181 43
After a mishap on a mission, it's decided the Avengers need to be monitored. But not all agree. And on top of all that, one is blamed for something...