Red Hood - Vengeance

By The_Pugg

Y/N Todd was the second Robin, taken under the Bat's wing he was taken off the streets and pushed into a life... More

-- Introduction --
The Beginning
Training Commences
The First Night
-- Villains you'd like? --
Familiar Faces
Clash with the Clown
Tragedy
A New Start
-- Apologies!! --
Anger of a Father
Loyalty to the League?
The Investigation Begins
Deceit and Warnings
A Tense Meeting
A Shocking Revelation
-- A Break --
Threats and Opportunities
The Crafting of an Allegiance
A Battle of Brothers
The Makings of a Monster
League Vs Legion
The Clown's Plan

The Power of Rage

1.1K 29 9
By The_Pugg

Y/n stared into the yellow eyes of the figure before him.

As the blood-red figure took a step forwards, Y/n drew his newly acquired gun and pointed it towards the alien.

"I am here to aid your rage."

"My rage?" Y/n asked.

"It emanates from you like an aura, I can taste it."

"And you are?"

"I am Atrocitus, leader of the Red Lantern Corps, and I am here to give you power."

As the red alien spoke another figure flew out of the portal, a cat with red body armour and his bright light originating on his tail.

The cat flew around before floating just above Atrocitus' shoulder.

"Your mind is sharp enough to control your rage, despite its immense size. Your rage will be able to launch the Red Lantern Corps into a new era."

The ringed alien reached his hand out and Y/n watched as a red meteorite fell from above and crashed into his hand, extending blinding light

Y/n shielded his eyes from the blinding light before watching as the light cleared and in its place floated a red ring.

"You will wear this ring and join the ranks of the Red Lantern Corps."

"There's no way I'm..." y/n trailed off.

He could feel it, the ring calling him, without knowing why he found himself walking towards the ring and before he knew it, he was right in front of the giant Atrocitus.

The flying cat flew around Y/n's head, dragging his tail across his cheek and mewing with joy.

His left hand reached down and grabbed hold of the ring before Y/n slid it onto his right middle finger.

The effect was instant, like molten lava coursed throughout his body.

Y/n dropped his gun and collapsed under the intense feeling.

His hands immediately darted to his heart, the burning was strongest there.

The giant only stood and watched as Y/n writhed about on the floor in agony.

Y/n could see it in his head,

His rage,

It was like he was standing opposite a reflection of himself, only a misshapen red slime version. His mind was struggling to understand what was happening, they seemed to be fighting.

They were equal in speed and technique, constantly dodging and attacking the other, each failing to connect with their opponent.

The difference between them was made clear when both their fists collided and Y/n gave way to his red reflection.

The red slime was using Y/n's own rage to power its blows.

Y/n changed strategies and instead tried to merge with the being, merge with his overwhelming rage.

He was able to grab the wrists of the rage slime and throw it over his shoulder.

As the rage stood, it's back to Y/n, he siezed the opportunity and made to jump onto its back.

Instead he fell through and found he and the rage occupied the same space, they were combining.

With each second he could feel the rage submitting to his mind, the burning fading from his body, he could control his rage.

Y/n pushed himself off the ground and looked into the red giants eyes in front of him.

"Let your rage power you."

Y/n looked down at the glowing ring on his right hand before looking back at Atrocitus.

"My rage is mine to control."

Y/n let his rage flow through his body.

The bare chest of his ninja gear was suddenly emblazoned with the red lantern logo and he allowed the red rage to rise up around his head, forming a helmet.

Y/n reached down and collected his gun, his touch instantly affected the weapon as his rage energy spread onto it and gave it a red trim.

Y/n holstered his gun as he turned and looked across Gotham.

He had power.

Power to get vengeance.

Y/n channeled his rage, envisioning the clown, before taking off and flying into the Gotham skies.

As he flew into the distance, Atrocitus watched silently.

"Such rage."

The cat meowed in agreement before they both turned and retreated back into the portal as it shrunk and vanished into the air.

--

Y/n soared through the air of Gotham, it was late evening as he tore through the skies, his right arm outstretched and red ring glowing.

As he flew he could feel the power of his rage flowing through him, the light burning sensation that grew in strength as it came closer to his heart.

Eventually he touched down onto a building and surveyed the surrounding alleyways.

Immediately, he spotted a group of men who seemed as if they were trying to go unnoticed through the city, though doing a very poor job of it.

Y/n thought about ignoring them until he saw a sight that made his blood boil.

The men all pulled out clown masks and placed them on their faces.

Y/n's mind flashed with images of the green-haired clown who had beaten him-his one memory-and his anger built.

As he slowly flew off the building and descended to the alley, his mind made a connection.

All criminals are clowns.

He touched down before they had noticed him and he simply walked towards them.

Hearing his footsteps, the criminals spotted Y/n, his red mask with white eyes piercing their souls and extracting their fear.

One of the men grew brave enough to speak.

"W-who the hell are-?!"

He was silenced as the bang of a gun was heard, a bullet flying through his neck.

"Who am I?" Y/n said, holding his smoking gun.

"I am vengeance."

Y/n let his rage flow freely as the men all charged him.

He fired twice more, killing another criminal before holstering the gun and charging the remaining 2 criminals.

The first he swiftly dodged the punch of and retaliated with a punch of his own, as he swung however, his fist was enveloped with a bigger, red fist that collided with the man's jaw and flung him towards the alley wall.

The second criminal halted after seeing the glowing fist and looked towards his punched companion.

He rested against the alley wall, his mouth ajar, the left side of his jaw completely destroyed with his flesh gone and blood pouring out.

The criminal looked at his adversary to see him surveying the ring that rested on his right hand before looking up at him.

His heart full of fear he turned and ran for his life.

Y/n reached his hand out and like before a big red hand-much bigger this time-flew out in front of him and grabbed hold of the Criminal, lifting him clean off the ground and pulling him backwards.

Y/n imagined turning the criminal to face him and it happened.

"So it follows my imagination." Y/n thought.

The red ring glowed as Y/n held his fist up.

"Reality can be whatever I want." He said aloud.

Y/n was pulled out of his thoughts when the criminal he had suspended in the air whimpered.

"Please...don't do this.."

"You are a clown."

His voice was distorted, the work of the ring, he sounded more angry, more intimidating.

"You must know the one with the green hair."

"G-green hair? You mean the-the Joker?"

The criminal was terrified.

"The Joker?" Y/n repeated, floating upwards to look down upon the suspended criminal.

"Where is this, Joker?"

"I-i-i don't know man-he just hired us for a job that's all!"

"A job?" Y/n asked, looking at the corpses of the others.

"Y-yeah! We were to hit the casino and take the money to the dropoff-a place called Lacey Towers!"

"Lacey Towers?" Y/n repeated, inching closer to the criminal.

"APARTMENT 301-I PROMISE!" The criminal screamed in fear.

"Most helpful of you." Y/n quietly said, inches from his face.

"Now-now please let me go."

A line appeared across the red face that Y/n had, it opened to reveal jagged teeth and a sharp tongue.

Y/n opened the mouth wide and a burning, blood-red liquid shot out of his mouth onto the criminals face.

The criminal screamed as the vomit began to burn at his skin and Y/n flung him forwards, he impacted against the back wall of the alley and went silent, his head resting against the wall and his melting eyes looking upwards.

Y/n heard sirens in the distance before taking off and flying through the sky.

His next destination...

Lacey Towers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 3.2K 16
Jason Todd was the fearless Red Hood, fighting criminals and villains with lethal force up until the day he went on a mission with his brother Tim Dr...
121K 3.2K 33
"Jason! Please, this isn't you! Come home, let me help you! I love you!" I cried for him "I'm sorry, Y/n. This is my time to show Gotham what I'm mad...
236K 6.4K 52
"Where's the other one?" the man wearing a black ninja-like outfit stated as he pointed to Damian. "The other what?" Both Damian and his father said...
3.6K 86 20
(Currently working on finishing this story in the very near future) Redhood, Jason Todd, has been missing for a period of 6 months. Barbra Gordon re...