Secretly in Love • Justin Bie...

By SlayrauhlBieber

We had the right love at the wrong time. Have you ever met someone that surprised you? Like, you meet this p... More

2. Club night

1. Welcome to Canada

397 10 0
By SlayrauhlBieber

Flashback

Canada. It sounded so familiar yet so foreign to my ears. For the first time in my whole entire life. I get to get out of the country and travel somewhere else other than our local Market back in Arizona. Apparently, we needed to move because my mom needed to be closer to her new work place now. Which i find convenient but let's face it, that wasn't really the main reason why we moved.

My eyes were closed but my ears and mind were open. I could hear the engine of the car as we drove trough the streets of Canada. The window was slightly open which gave us the right amount of cold air we needed. I shifted in my seat to get into a more comfortable position as my butt was actually starting to get numb, considering the fact that we've been driving for hours now. I'm probably exaggerating things but what do you expect from a 13 year old?

Soon enough the car came into a slow stop. Keeping my eyes closed, i heard my mom get out of the car as i prayed silently to myself that she would carry me into the house cause honestly, i was dead tired. "Hailey wake up" my mom's voice called as she shook me awake "We're here." I groaned as I stretch; silently, thanking the situation that immediately made my eyes cope up with the darkness as soon as i opened them since it wasn't actually the earliest time of the day right now. I got out of the car with my backpack in my hand as i stared at the not so familiar house that was standing in front of me. There was a huge truck blocking the door way as men carried our stuff in. "Do you like it? I mean it's not as big and pretty as the beach hous-"

"Mom, i like it" i said as i cut her off. I didn't wanna hear any apologies from my mom about not giving me the best house in Stratford and stuff right now cause honestly, i couldn't care less. Sure we lived in a much bigger and prettier place back in Arizona considering we lived near the beach but my mom honestly worries too much. My mom was my everything, she was my rock and my star. She was the type of mom that made sure her child will get all the things she desires in life. I was very thankful for that. My dad on the other hand is the complete opposite of her. A complete bastard if i must say. He's probably one of the main reasons why we moved out of the country. Mom said it was due to her work but honestly, the fact that i hear them every night screaming at each other makes it so hard for me to believe her excuses.

I watched the surroundings as i pushed myself to familiarize everything. Trees. Snow. Houses. More snow. Cars. Empty streets. And of course, more snow. But one house stood out the most. It wasn't the biggest but it sure was the prettiest. It had full on christmas lights outside. You know those houses who goes full on Christmas during the holidays.. I'm guessing the owner is probably one of them.

Starring in awe i felt someone's gaze on me, and as soon as i turned my head to the house that was just beside, and now what i call, Santa's Groto, i saw a boy peeping from the window. Although as soon as he saw me he closed the curtains and disappeared in sight. And me being the lunatic and scared 13 year old I am, I sprinted my way back to the house.

As i passed the movers and made my way into the house, my eyes wandered from every corner. It had a high ceiling and a comfy vibe to it. We also had a fire place, which of course, is essential especially when you live in a country who's highest temperature would probably 9 degrees. Again with the exaggeration.

"Thank you so much" i heard my mom say from the other side of the room as i saw her hand money to the old man, who was probably the boss of the movers.

Ignoring them, i made my way upstairs and checked all the rooms until i found the one which had my bed already assembled in it. To conclude the whole afternoon, we practically spent the whole day settling in our new home.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was now 7 in the evening and here was i, struggling in putting up the fairy lights above my bed. I couldn't afford to reach the desired height i wanted the lights to be. Grunting to myself, i suddenly heard a soft knock on my door as it slowly opened revealing my mom "we have visitors, come right down please" she said

"Who?"

"Neighbors hun, they even brought cake. cheesecake" She smirked knowing it was my favorite desert. Of course, my mom's tactics. Buying me to do things through food.

"I'll be down in a minute." when she was gone, i placed the lights on my bedside table and went on my closet. I grabbed a pair of black leggings and my oversized UCLA hoodie. I soon gathered all my hair and placed it on a neat bun before i headed downstairs.

"There she is" i heard my mom said making me snap my head up as i got down the stairs slowly.

There was a lady and a boy sitting in our living room. "Sweetie, these are our neighbors, this is Ms Pattie and his son Justin"

"Oh please no need for the formality. Just call me Pattie. Hi sweetheart." The lady said

"Um hi. I'm Hailey" i mumbled quietly feeling myself sink lower into my hoodie. I wasn't shy, I was uncomfortable. I was bad at meeting new people. Probably because i had a bad past with it. Anyways.

"What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl" the lady said while touching the top of my head. I pulled the sleeves of my hoodie down to my hands to cover them up. "This is my son Justin" I tried my best to not remove her hand on top of my head. I hated it when people do that. I know i'm short, no need to emphasize it. "They are our new neighbors, they live right next door." mom pointed out as a smile was planted on Ms Pattie's lips. "Right, well, we'll leave you guys here for a bit cuz we need to prepare our dinner in a minute." And with that, my mom and the lady went to the kitchen.

Oh great. Leave your daughter in the living room with a complete stranger mom. Sure. Thank you.

This right here feels so cliché to me. Moving in, meeting the neighbors, who
BTW has a cute son, and then your mom leaving you alone with the cute boy.

I fiddled with my phone and tried acting as if i was busy with something when in reality i was literally scrolling through my photos, which, i've already seen a bajillion times. Sighing, i knew to myself that they were gonna take longer to prepare dinner than i thought they would.

"Uhh, Justin right?" i tried smiling. Applause for my awkwardness.

I knew our mothers were watching. I could hear them giggling about how their 13 year old kids are getting along.

"Yeah" he said, flicking his hair to the side then bowing his head down.

He had shaggy hair that covered his whole damn forehead and a small part of his eyes, light skin, pink lips, not that i've been starring, and light brown- ish kinda like hazel eyes. Not sure.

"So uhh, how long have been living here?" I asked as i avoided eye contact. I wasn't the best when it comes to these things. Whenever i feel like someone's looking or starring at me i feel uncomfortable.

"My whole life" he answered. And then boom. Dead silence again. The only thing you can hear right now are the laughs of our mothers and the kitchen utensils.

Looking down at my hands i heard him clear his throat which made me look up to him and then down back to my hands again. "Where are you from?" He asked.

"Tucson Arizona" I said as i waited for his reaction. And just as i thought, his eyes widened in surprise and looked back at me. "Me and my family lived in Cambridge England when i was 2, which explains my poor accent. My mom on the other hand is of Brazilian heritage Hence my skin tone"

"What?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed and his head tilted slightly to the left.

"I know it's kinda confusing but it's actually really simple. My dad is from New York, my mom is of Brazilian heritage, i was born in Tucson Arizona but i lived half of my life in Cambridge England" i smiled

"Isn't that a school?" Justin asked

"University. And yes, it is also a city."

"Oooh. Well i'm Canadian" he blurted out. No shit sherlock.

His response made me laugh nonstop which probably caught his attention considering the fact that i had the most annoying and the loudest laugh ever. "Oh jesus i'm so sorry." I said as i wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Hailey, so you're british?" He asked tilting his head a bit to the side

"Uhh not really.." i snickered. Another thing i was bad at, holding back laughter

"Ha. Ha. , funny aren't ya?" He smirked flicking his hair to the side. I wanted to cut it. Does he even see things? His hair was literally covering his eyes and it was disturbing to look at. I wanted to grab my scissors upstairs and cut his hair til he's bald.

Ok maybe not bald but you get what i mean.

"Sorry bout that." i said as i felt myself calm a bit.

"Mm" he hummed brushing his hair with his fingers and flicking it to the side.. In all fairness it did look quite soft. But it still bugs me.

"Excuse me what?" He asked, his eyebrows raised

"What?" I asked, posh accent slipping.

"You said something about being soft?"

I suddenly felt my cheeks heating up as soon as those words came out of his mouth. "I think you're hearing things.. uhh, would you mind helping me with something?" I asked instantly changing the subjects.

"Sure what is it?" He asked.

"I was putting up lights in my room but i can't seem to reach it, you're taller than me so.." I trailed

"Sure, lead the way" he said standing up.

--------------

It has been at least 30 minutes since we had put up my lights in my room. We were currently playing on the PS3 we had set up a while ago until my mom called us for dinner.

It all went great, dinner was amazing and so was Justin. NOT that i had him for dinner oh my god no. I mean he had an amazing personality.

I found out that he has an interest in music and that he sings. He even invited me over to his house to show me his drum set. I guess you could say he has stepped out of his shy shell. He was also kind of hilarious. And mom adored him.

Pattie on the other hand was such a sweetheart. Literally an angel. She was nice, she kept complimenting me and smiling. She has this comfortable vibe in her.

They left a few minutes after we had cleared the table.

"So, how are you keeping up?" My mom asked as we went upstairs

"Keeping up with the Kardashians" i snickered.

"I do hope you realize that you're not funny right?" My mom said holding back a smile

"Whatever." I smiled

"But seriously how are you guys, you seemed like comfortable with each other now."

"Ehh i don't know, i like the kid but his hair bugs me" i chuckled

"Mhm, i can tell you'll make good friends here. Especially with Justin, i can feel it. I think you'll be good friends with him" mom winked

"What the hell.. We've just met mom"

"I meant bestfriends darling what were you thinking?" She smirked. Smart girl.

"Nothing. Speaking of the kid, he invited me to his house tomorrow afternoon, is it okay if i come?" I asked my mom

"Sure just be home before dinner."

"Kay"

"Goodnight sweetie" my mom kissed my forehead as we went to different directions. I went to my room and stared at my lights a bit longer. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, just thinking about the events tonight. Well that was fun.

Maybe when be decided to trim his hair, just maybe, we'll end up at good friends. Just maybe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

413K 46.5K 28
"𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒔, 𝒊𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖" ...
1.2M 63.8K 59
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
275K 1.6K 3
𝚁𝚞𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚔𝚊 𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚖𝚊 "𝐀 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰...
299K 19.9K 20
"YOU ARE MINE TO KEEP OR TO KILL" ~~~ Kiaan and Izna are like completely two different poles. They both belong to two different RIVAL FAMILIES. It's...