prayers to the metal god - a...

By Popdumb

Tails and Cream went to an isolated area where many badniks reside to retrieve the stolen Master Emerald, not... More

young and dumb
excuse me for the restraint
full speed ahead
an exchange of surprises
period of unrest
hero of humanity
invisible link
all i got
u-turn denied, please try again later.
silent
shattered symphony (FINAL)
bro how

the rogue assistant

221 5 3
By Popdumb

Tails woke up in a soft bed in a bright room, way larger than the one they're previously settled in. He felt really comfortable to the point he almost fell back to sleep again, but he managed to take sight of Orbot floating by the wall. 

"H-Hey, where am I?" Tails uttered as he rubbed his eyes.

"Shush. I don't even know how to s—you know, that weird sudden wind noise that you make when you whistle. Kind of. But you need to lower your voice as much as possible." Orbot mutters as he babbled.

"What?" Tails asks as he glowered over Orbot.

"You need to keep your tone as low as you can." Orbot responds.

"W-why?" Tails began to ask him once again.

"Cubot and I just saw you and the rabbit laying on the ground next room. We have no idea why you're both there, and we don't even know that there's a room in there, so I talked it out with Cubot to see what we could do." Orbot replies.

"He's currently distracting Metal Sonic, so you two don't have much time left to stay here until Metal decide to check you two out again." Orbot adds.

"Um, okay, and why would you decide to sneak us out of there?" Tails raises.

"Robotnik would just see both of you as a burden, and even him he's probably not aware that you're here all the time. To sum it up, he was here days ago when we're both brought here to guard something. It's not like we dislike just sitting around here though, but let's not get into that one." Orbot further notes.

"Uh, why guard something? And what is that you're guarding?" Tails raises once more.

"It was named the Chaos Bringer. It's designed especially to harness all of the Master Emerald's energy, and I'm starting to doubt Eggman's ability to keep it from getting out of hand. It currently targets Mobius for unknown reasons, and he's getting more obsessive about destroying every people like you." Orbot replies.

"W-what? I need to get to the-"

"No. Like I've mentioned, Metal Sonic is more than likely to check on the other room, and he might spot me doing this. Please, do me a favor." Orbot swiftly breaks Tails's sentence as he restrain him from getting out of the bed.

"-and that favor is not without something in return. I'll help you and her to escape. Doesn't that sound like something you want?" Orbot remarks.

Tails lets out a sigh and comment, "Fine, okay. And also, where is she?" He questions.

"She's beside you. How'd you not notice?" Orbot responds.

Tails glances on his left and saw Cream, and to his luck, she woke up at the same time. Upon seeing Tails, she instantly gave him a warm, tight hug and smiled. 

"O-Oh, hey, I did not expect that." Tails mentions as he slowly but surely hugged her back and blushed.

"I-I thought we're gone for good. I-I can't really stand losing a friend!" Cream vocalizes as she plant her face on Tails's shoulder and tears up.

"Shh, we need to be quiet. Metal will spot us here." Tails briefly expresses, although faintly.

"To be honest, you two remind me of my relationship with Cubot. We're really close friends, ever since we were built by Eggman. In spite of his general annoying presence, I get pretty torn up whenever I lose him." Orbot proposes.

"Oh. I've heard that you've tried to team up with Sonic trying to save me, and I gotta say: Thank you for doing so." Tails adds.

"-To no avail." Orbot is quick to further reply. 

"W-Who is he?" Cream asks as she gazes at Orbot.

"I'm Orbot, Eggman's assistant. But I see no credible reason to let the Chaos Bringer charge to its fullest and it can be easily exploited, so I'd decide to expose his plans to both of you while he doesn't know." Orbot replies.

"Oh. But what Chaos Bringer are you talking about?" Cream raises.

"Its a large cannon that's located just nearby here. It's currently sucking the Master Emerald dry until it has enough power to tear Mobius apart." Orbot answers.

"W-What? N-No, my mom, sh-she's there! Why aren't you doing something about it?" Cream twittered on.

"Me? You two should do something about this soon. The cannon is almost halfway done and it's absorbing the emerald's energy more faster than ever before." Orbot responds.

Cream started to panic and stepped out of the bed, but was held by Tails.

"W-Why are you trying to stop me? D-Don't we want to get the Master Emerald BACK?" Cream stammers as she tries to shake Tails's hand off.

"L-Listen, Cream. I know you're upset and you don't want to see Vanilla die: either I'm worried. But we need to keep our heads down and follow Orbot because he's offering us help!" Tails mutters.

It took Tails a while to calm Cream down, but she eventually budged and decided to cooperate with Orbot at last.

"Okay, Robotnik is currently going on toe to toe with Sonic in order to distract him and the rest of the world. Not to mention that Metal Sonic is watching everybody here like a hawk, but as far as I know, he easily get distracted. So that should give both of you a chance to sneak to a plane and get out of here." Orbot notes.

"Hm, I guess it's my Tornado. Is the plane alright?" Tails questions Orbot.

"Good as new. In fact, it hasn't been touched by Metal or anybody else in that matter." Orbot promptly replies.

"Um, how about you?" Cream puts forward.

"I need to stay here. Robotnik won't be happy that I'd disappear without notice and Metal hasn't been on my side lately, so it would be right to leave me here with Cubot." Orbot responds.

"Alright, thanks in advance." Tails remarks.

Suddenly, an ear-piercing thud on the door crashed throughout the room and frightened everyone inside. 

"Go, go, go, GO, under the bed!" Orbot babbles as Tails and Cream did what he told.

Orbot rushed to the door and opened it. To his shock, Metal Sonic ran inside and grabbed his neck. Orbot tried escaping, but to no avail.

"Do you think I'm dumb enough to know that you're both trying to draw my attention away?" Metal Sonic voices as he gripped on Orbot harder.

"Metal, I don't have lungs, but restricting me of movement sure is uncomfortable!" Orbot replies.

"-And where is the two people that I locked next room, huh?" Metal Sonic quickly raises.

"Uh, I have no idea what you're talking about. This is the only room that I know-"

"-Then WHY DID THEY VANISH? RESPOND IMMEDIATELY!" Metal Sonic is swift to interrupt Orbot, shouting at him.

"U-Uh, I-I don't know! What room are you talking about and wh-whom people are you trying to mention?" Orbot stutters.

Metal Sonic lets go of Orbot and answered promptly, "Perhaps I didn't tell you that it's hidden, follow me.".

"C-Copy that." Orbot responds as they both headed out of the room.

Upon going outside, Orbot notices a large opening in the other room where Tails and Cream were previously held capture. 

"Admit it already, WHO TOOK THEM AWAY?" Metal Sonic yells, much to his attempt to solicit Orbot.

"Nobody knows for sure. Somebody might've gotten there." Orbot shortly replies.

"-And I'm pretty sure the perpetrator is present in this place. I'll investigate for further illumination of the scandal." Metal Sonic adds as he walks away.

"Close call." Orbot mumbles as he briefly glanced at Cubot. He ran back to Tails and told him to stay under the bed.

"Why?" Tails asks.

"Metal is looking for you now, and there's a great probability that he'll kill us if he ever figured out that it was I and Cubot that sneaked you out. Considering how much he broke the other room, I assume he's really furious right now." Orbot responds in a worried tone.

"Dude, please be careful!" Tails promptly mentions.

Cream began sweating and her heart ran. Tails briskly noticed this and gave her a hug. 

"We will get out of here, m-kay?" Tails comments as he brings her head to his chest.

"Y-yes!" Cream responds as she close her eyes and hug Tails back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 32 14
While Tom and Maddie are gone to Rachel's wedding, Sonic and Eve have to face Dr. Robotnik who has returned with his new ally, Knuckles the Echdina...
54.8K 1.4K 42
Cream's mother Vanilla has passed away due to cancer She doesn't have any other family, so, Shadow decides to take her in as his own. Cream is more t...
3.3K 23 14
Something odd is happening to both Sonic and Blaze's worlds... They appear to be coming together. They must solve the mystery of the Chaos and Sol Em...
3.6K 160 34
(From the Sonic X series but also a mix of an AU) =====The characters of Sonic X series aren't mine, only my oc===== Dr. Eggman had been battling Son...