The Sun, The Moon, The Dragon...

By AbraxosKit48

To be a teen in a small town is easier said than done, especially when you don't have the easiest life. Two g... More

Chapter 1: Skycrest
Chapter 2: Friarridge
Chapter 3: Dragon... not dragon?
Chapter 4: Fooooood
Chapter 5: The kill
Chapter 6: Surprise shooters
Chapter 7: Little Miss Dunce
Chapter 8: Drakon Academy
Chapter 9: Who are you really?
Chapter 10: Ambushes
Chapter 11: 200m sprint
Chapter 12: Flags and Ratatouille
Chapter 13: Testing
Chapter 14: Twinsies!
Chapter 15: Powerhungry shifters
Chapter 16: 4 or 5 stories?
Chapter 17: Meeting the Wolves
Chapter 18: The beginning
Chapter 19: The showdown
Chapter 20: The strangest Symbol
Chapter 21: Mysterious people
Chapter 22: Longlostcousins
Chapter 23: Her name is Juniper
Chapter 24: Barbie Britt
Chapter 25: Schedules
Chapter 26: Infatuation
Chapter 27: Fight! Fight! Fight!
Chapter 28: A crack and a Scream... or three
Chapter 29: The mysterious man... again
Chapter 30: Bye Bye Ej
Chapter 31: Prophecy 1; the last prophecy
Chapter 32: Prophecies, bows and gifts
Chapter 33: The...Delightful Date
Chapter 34: Dungeons
Chapter 35: Spilling the tea
Chapter 36: Ditched for a girl
Chapter 37: Daphne Drama
Chapter 38a: Skylar
Chapter 38b: MINI CHAPTER
Chapter 39: A day to remember
Chapter 40: Tatts, Pops and Whops.
Chapter 41: Ranked Eggs
Chapter 43: Goodbye darkness. Hello Understanding.

Chapter 42: The Other Halves

33 2 2
By AbraxosKit48

Ria POV:

The day's fights had finally ended, Lark told me what had been bothering her, and I accepted King Alexander may be my father, it's my birthday and I get to spend it with my twin, I flew on Whisp for the first time and I placed first in the rankings.

I'm meant to be getting ready but I just needed to think.

After 10 minutes I finally resolved that he may be my father and I'm fine with it, it wasn't his fault but I need time to adjust, I won't start calling him dad nor will I expect things from him but I will try.

Quickly I shave and shower, the warm water trickles down my skin, and with the fall of the water my tense muscles loosen and my worries drain away.

Knowing I'm running behind I grab my favourite bikini and chuck it on, the bikini is halter neck and is navy blue with white zigzags. The bottoms are plain navy and high waisted. Unlike most females who would grab a cover up I grab my denim shorts and brown plaited belt. Over the top I grab my white long sleeved shirt and tie it up at the front, for my feet I grab a pair of strappy sandals and walk out my door and make my way downstairs.

Descending the 3 flights of stairs to the bottom floor used to be so exhausting but now, now it's easy I don't struggle in the slightest.

A whistle comes from the lounge room and I walk in to find Callum grinning at me, I smirk in response and sit down on the couch opposite. Slowly everyone trickles in for us to leave, the guys are all in board shorts and either an unbuttoned button up short sleeved shirt or a singlet exposing their arms.

"Let's go." I stand up and stretch noticing everyone else sat down and all refusing to take charge.

"Fine." Zim grumbles and stands up pulling Lark with her.

The others refuse to move so I send my glare their way making them all stand up and walk out the door in surrender. Grabbing my sunglasses I pop them on top of my head before following them out the door. As I go to close it I spot Titan streaking towards me from down the stairs, I wait as he bolts past me and runs straight into the lake. Finally getting to close the door I spin around to find all my friends, they're all gathered in a group chatting at the edge of the water. I smile and make my way over to them, I spot everyone except Ej.

I even notice Lyle standing there, he's smiling and chatting with my friends. Beside me I feel Lark tense, her body turns rigid and she sniffs the air delicately.

Lark POV:

I stand beside Ria as she closes the door to our house, I smile as I watch my friends talk all of them laughing and chatting. Missing from the picture is Ej, Logan and Ryker, even Ethan turned up and is talking to my friends.

Wait. I sniff the air and tense, I feel Ria look at me with confusion clear in her eyes but I ignore it and sniff again. The delicious smell of apple cider and maple fills my nose, my mouth waters as I follow the scent. Closing my eyes I walk, it appears to be leading me to my friends which is odd. As I get closer I open my eyes and find I'm staring at two pale green eyes. The dream of the eyes all those nights ago has turned into reality as I stare shocked into those exact eyes. Silently I stare and he stares back, before my eyes a layer on him fades away revealing a built guy with a somewhat nerdy appearance, the scent of apple cider and maple surrounds me, enfolding me in the feeling of protection. My mate.

"Mate." I whisper, my voice barely audible but he smiles at me. His teeth straight and his eyes bright.

"Mate." He leans forward and hugs me tightly, I hug him back before pulling away. My mate is Ethan but why does he appear different now?

"Who are you?" I whisper to him and his eyes widen.

"Wha? What? I'm Ethan." he nods his head trying to convince me.

"Why do you look so... different?" I ask softly, my voice barely above a whisper.

"I don't," At that moment realisation dawns on him as his eyes widen and he sighs in exasperation. "My name's Lyle Warnimar..." His voice is soft and raspy sending goosebumps down my spine. Although he's my mate he's not getting me that easily.

"Larkin Sharlin." I smile at my mate and run my fingers through his tousled hair.

Ria POV:

I watch in delight alongside my friends as Lark finds her mate, and it just so happens to be Lyle Warnimar otherwise known as Ethan Macaroy to everyone else.

They break their stare and turn to the rest of us, their faces flushed. I wink at Lark and she giggles like a schoolgirl.

Instead of standing there I march over to Lark and pull her into a tight hug, we stand like that for a moment before I pull away and turn to Lyle.

"If you even think about hurting my sister, you will be in for a world of pain. You got that Lyle." I growl at him while glaring. "Anyway Congrats." I pat him on the back and walk so I'm standing beside my twin but I don't miss his gulp of fear from my threat. Zim also follows suit and hugs Lark tightly and whispers in her ear.

"I'm so happy for you." Zim whispers before glaring at Lyle and stands beside me. The rest of the group hug Lark and clap Lyle on the back and congratulate him, but to the name Ethan not Lyle.

"Why are people calling you Ethan, only Ria and Blaze didn't." I notice Lark ask Lyle, her gaze quizzicle as she holds his hand.

I hear him sigh and watch as his gaze connects with mine, I nod and he huffs and drags her closer to me.

"Look, you can't tell anyone who I am ok? Only Blaze and Ria know because they saved my life, oh and Ria can see through my glamour." He scowls at me when he says this but turns back to Lark with soft eyes.

"You can also see through my glamour but because we're mates not for whatever creepy reason your sister can." Lyle continues.

"I'm not creepy excuse you." I grumble but keep quiet after a pointed look from Lyle.

"The reason you and everyone else knew me as Ethan was because I'm meant to be dead. My father tried to murder me his name is Henry Warnimor. I learnt about his plans to side with the dark side when it came time for the war and tried to tell people. So he tried to drown me, however it turned out I was a water elemental Rider so it didn't exactly work out for him. So here I am. Oh, I'm also a Vampire." Lyle's voice is calm but an undertone of pleading to be believed is evident.

"I'm sorry, you have me now and all my friends. Also you will just love being the new Vampire leader." Lark grins and I smile softly at the cute couple. Slowly I back away and make my way to where I can see Kyle standing all on his lonesome skimming rocks into the lake.

"Hey, are you okay?" I walk up and stand beside him, he jumps slightly when he hears me but turns to me anyway.

"Yeah, I'm ok." He nods and goes back to skimming rocks, we stand in companionable silence for a few minutes until he looks at me, studying my face.

"I can see dad in your face." Kyle says quietly.

"You think?" I ask and he smiles back.

"I'm happy we may be siblings, although only half-siblings anyway." He grins at me, his short messy hair bouncing with the breeze.

"Me too, it's odd though, in the past few months I've found out my adoptive parents are my aunt and uncle and not even my real parents, I have a twin sister, my mum died, and now I possibly have a dad and brother. It may take getting used to but I'm glad too." I smile genuinely at Kyle. For a few minutes we skim more rocks, cheering when they go 6 or 7 bounces.

To my right I feel a presence and just know it's Lark.

The three of us stand there just soaking in everything, slowly around us the party gets into full swing and the moon rises. Above the Lake dragons of all shapes and sizes fly around, some sending bursts of their element out into the air others performing tricks but none have riders on their backs.

"Kyle, Ria and Lark?" A deep masculine voice calls out from a few metres away. The voice has become so familiar over the last few months I recognise it straight away.

"Hey Dad." Kyle smiles at his... our? father.

"I just, it's just..." King Alexander stutters trying to find the right words. "When you cut yourself to find out if your a rider or not the bowl takes a sample of your blood and names it, if you make it to the academy it gets stored but never used unless for emergency reasons." His voice quiets down as all three of us look at him curiously.

"I got DNA tests done on your samples Ria and Lark, I-I wanted you to open them." He hands an envelope with our names on them to us. I notice the presence of our friends as they gather around behind us. If they don't know why we spoke to King Alexander earlier they will now if what we believe is true.

"On three?" I whisper to Lark who nods.

"3..." I start and position my hands on the envelope.

"2..." Lark copies me.

"1!" We say together and tear open the envelopes. Inside is two things, the first a folded piece of paper and the other an ID card of some sort.

Quietly I unfold the scroll of paper and inhale before reading it.

The results for Alexander Preston Shafrone and Alaria Neoma Sharlin:
It has been confirmed an exact match. Alaria is the biological child of a) Alexander Preston Shafrone and b) Sophia Angel Sharlin.
The blood sample provided was analysed thoroughly and it was discovered to be confirmed that the requested blood samples match. 50% bands match the father the other 50% to the mother.

I stand quietly, shellshocked. My gaze turns to Lark to find a matching expression on her face. Without so much as a word we swap papers and read the results.

The results for Alexander Preston Shafrone and Larkin Sol Sharlin:
It has been confirmed an exact match. Alaria is the biological child of a) Alexander Preston Shafrone and b) Sophia Angel Sharlin.
The blood sample provided was analysed thoroughly and it was discovered to be confirmed that the requested blood samples match. 50% bands match the father the other 50% to the mother.

"We're-we..." Lark splutters and looks between me, Kyle and... Dad?

"It's confirmed we are, you're our..." I trail off, my voice cracking.

"Dad." Both Lark and I whisper together, King Alexander's face morphs into one of pure happiness and excitement.

"My three kids together..." He covers his mouth as tears slowly fall, his eyes crinkle showing he's smiling and me and my two siblings grin at each other all with tears in our eyes.

"You're our brother." I hug Kyle and Lark tightly and the three of us shed tears of happiness.

"You're both my sisters." Kyle smiles back.

Pulling away from the group hug I look at King Alexander, "I'm grateful you got this information but I need time to like... process. I will eventually call you dad but for now can I call you Alex or Xander?" I ask wiping my tears away.

"Yes, I get it, call me Alex or Dad." He smiles and Kyle hugs our father tightly.

"Can-can I have a hug?" Lark asks shyly looking at our father.

Without words he opens his arms for Lark and she joins the hug.

"Me too." I mutter and pile into the hug with my family.

"Lark... Ria..." Alex's voice is soft as he gently releases the hug. "Can I see those necklaces?" He points to the wolf around my neck and the bat around Lark's.

Self consciously I nod and hold the pendent up. As I watch my new father study the pendent his eyes brim with tears.

"That's the royal stone, I gave it to Sophia when I found out she was my mate. Sh-she split it for you two." Alex grins at us, "I just can't believe it. You both look so much like her."

My friends realising the conversation had slowed come over, I notice they all saw congrats and hug us, out the corner of my eye I notice the new girl watching us. But what has my attention is not them, it's the enchanting smell of embers and pine needles that flows around me, lulling me into a sense of safety. I spin around, my hair flying everywhere as I search for the source of the delectable scent. My silver eyes meet the blindingly turquoise ocean coloured eyes that have become all too familiar. This is my real mate.

'MATE!' Jay shrieks in my head, grabbing my head I move towards my mate. I notice him eye me warily before walking to meet me halfway also clutching his own head.

"So, you're my mate. Roomie." His voice is husky as he looks at me, we stand there silently just staring into each others eyes.

"Hi Elijah, or should I say Mate?" I reach forward at the same time as him and hug him, as he hugs me. I'm still mad though, he ditched me for a girl in our class.

My mate. The Werewolf Prince.

Lark's Mate. The Surviving Vampire.

Unknown POV:

"F*ck!" I shout, "They figured it out. The twins found their mates and now you f*cking losers are going to pay! You had one f*cking job you f*cking imbeciles." I storm across the room to where all my servants stand.

I'm seething with rage because now, now my plan is behind and it'll be longer until the destruction of all Sophia cared for. Those f*cking twins.

"In 3 months is when we strike and they're doomed, all of them, especially that f*cking family she chose over me!" I scream, my voice full of hatred and rage, the servants shy away from me as I grab the closest items and throw them against the walls and window. The sound of smashing glass fills the quiet room.

"I hope you're ready Ria and Lark." I laugh, my laugh turns into a chuckles which turns into manicle laughter.

The end, just joking! I've decided to add another chapter to hopefully sun up the book better then this one! Enjoy!

*****************

Prophecy #1:
The dragon of the bestowed,
To lay the three eggs,
Each of the three will travel a road.
One will fall while the other heads
Onto become the bearer of many but mainly three.
One for each. G, G, B.

Prophecy #2:
Twins to never know
Born from royalty and below
True mates they're bestowed.
A sibling to discover
When they meet one another.
Three for three
Wolf, Vampire, Human;
Moon, sun, star.
Pendants unite
Forge in the light.
A war to be cursed,
It all comes back to the bloodline of the first.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

356K 15.9K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
3.6K 171 7
The is now a SAMPLE ONLY. The story will continue EXCLUSIVELY on AnyStories. "Hello little one" came a booming voice, deep and sultry that made my s...
35 5 9
#450 in general fiction 01.12.2024 #63 in paranomal romance 01.12.2024 #10 in supernatural romance 01.12.2024 #6 in new fiction 01.12.2024 ...
49.8K 852 38
**If you see or read this book on any other platform, it's been stolen and plagiarized. This is the ONLY forum that has my permission to publish my...