Red Hood - Vengeance

By The_Pugg

Y/N Todd was the second Robin, taken under the Bat's wing he was taken off the streets and pushed into a life... More

-- Introduction --
The Beginning
Training Commences
The First Night
-- Villains you'd like? --
Familiar Faces
Clash with the Clown
Tragedy
A New Start
-- Apologies!! --
Anger of a Father
The Power of Rage
The Investigation Begins
Deceit and Warnings
A Tense Meeting
A Shocking Revelation
-- A Break --
Threats and Opportunities
The Crafting of an Allegiance
A Battle of Brothers
The Makings of a Monster
League Vs Legion
The Clown's Plan

Loyalty to the League?

1.1K 33 7
By The_Pugg

Deep within the tombs of Gotham, the assassins train in rows, their cries of effort echoing through the empty catacombs.

Within the deepest chambers, the elite guard roam, protecting a new room under order of the Demon's Head.

When Y/n heard of the order that his chambers were to be 'protected' he initially believed that his teacher was simply being thorough, though with each passing day his suspicions grew in strength.

He knew that in their training sessions, the Lord of the assassins, Ra's, was only telling him half-truths, Ra's knew he was from Gotham but not specifically where, Ra's knew he was previously trained before his death, yet conveniently not where. He was not truly trusted.

Why?

As y/n pondered this a knock at his chambers door pulled him back to the world.

"Enter." His voice called.

The door opened slightly as an elite assassin slipped into the room and bowed.

"The Demon's Head requests your presence."

Within the next second the ninja was gone and Y/n was left to prepare.

---

After a short bit of time he entered the training chamber where the cloaked form of Ra's Al Ghul stood waiting.

"Your training is close to completion, you are almost ready." His sultry tones filled the chamber.

"For your final steps you must prove your undying loyalty to me and the League."

The cloaked assassin stood with his back to y/n, stretching his arms wide causing the cloak to show its full pattern.

Y/n stared into the green of the cloak and heard the faint giggling of a distant voice.

"I trust the clown plagues your mind no more?"

"I have overcome my rage for him." Y/n lied.

Ra's was silent for a moment before responding.

"Excellent."

The Demon's Head clapped his hands twice and the chamber doors opened, revealing two assassins pushing in a man with his hands bound behind his back. They pushed him until he was before the Demon's Head and pushed him to his knees.

Ra's gestured for Y/n to stand beside him, directly next to the kneeling man.

Y/n joined him.

"Your final step is to kill this man in the name of the League."

One of the two assassins that brought in the kneeling man drew their blade and presented it to y/n to take.

He grabbed the hilt and lined the blade along the man's neck as he whimpered for forgiveness.

Y/n rose the blade up into the air and breathed deeply.

A second passed.

Two seconds passed.

Three

Then four

On the fifth second the voice of Ra's rung through the chamber.

"Why do you hesitate? Are you struggling with the idea of killing him?"

"I have no quarrel with the death of this man..." y/n replied, still holding the blade in the air, "...I am just deciding if you are worthy of my loyalty."

The sharp intake of breath from the Demon's Head caused the other assassins to shake in fear.

"You are deciding if I, the Demon's Head, am worthy..?"

His voice was bitter, full of venom and anger.

"I do not desire the approval of a liar." He continued.

"Your burning rage is clear as day."

"You dare speak of lies?" Y/n retorted

"You are yet to be truthful to me since my resurrection!"

"I misjudged you, you shall never be worthy of the League of Assassins."

"Kill him." Ra's called walking away.

As hordes of ninja appeared, Y/n spun the sword to a backhanded stance and threw the blade like a javelin, it perfectly flew between the assassins and impaled itself through Ra's cloak and back.

"He strikes the Demon's Head! Kill him!" An assassin calls out as 20 assassins rush Y/n.

Y/n readies himself to fight as the assassins reach him.

He immediately counters the first assassin's overhead slice by sidestepping the blade and grabbing the hilt, controlling the blade and impaling the assassin on her own blade.

Following up with a spin kick, Y/n successfully disarms another assassin before collecting his blade and slicing his way through the group of Assassins.

As Y/n left the chamber he left behind the corpses of the 20 assassins, all sliced apart, some cleanly into several pieces.

As Y/n began making his way towards the exits of the catacombs, he remembered the fine gear that resided within his chambers.

A fine trophy to take with him.

---

As he rounded the corner of the catacombs, Y/n spotted the elite Assassins that 'protected' his room standing within a tomb hall

Luckily, they only stood at 5 assassins.

Y/n used his training to perfectly scale the walls and sneak around above them.

Y/n drew the blade he previously used, now caked in blood and lined up his shot before throwing it like a javelin once more.

The blade flew down and pierced the neck of one of the assassins from behind, causing him to fall dead, his body thudding against the stone floor.

Y/n then silently dropped behind one of the other assassins as he stood, distracted by his killed colleague.

Within the next second, Y/n's arms wrapped around his neck and with a sickening crunch, his body slumped.

The remaining three elites were now alerted  to Y/n's presence and each drew their swords.

Y/n took the initiative and launched forwards, quickly striking at the frontmost elite.

His punch connected, his knuckle driving into the elite's eye socket and pushing the eyeball completely out.

As he screamed and dropped to the floor, Y/n shoulder barged the second closest, causing him to roll backwards.

Using the momentum, Y/n ducked the blade of the third elite before planting his foot into the side of the elite's knee, causing it to fold in sideways.

Y/n pursued the shoulder-barged assassin, swiping his feet from under him and grabbing his throat with one hand.

His other hand grasped one of the elite's ankles and he was lifted high into the air.

Y/n dropped him downwards, his knee outstretched.

Y/n felt the break of the Elite's spine on his knee, before rolling him off his leg.

The only sound left was the elite, groaning at his broken leg.

Y/n slowly walked forwards and retrieved a blade off the floor, lining it up with the elite's neck.

He rose the blade and in the next second...

Brought it back down.

As the head rolled along the floor, Y/n stepped through the door of his chambers and was met with the sight of his trophy.

His suit.

---

It was clearly influenced by something more modern then the ancient ninja outfits. The suit was closer to a League inspired bat suit (not that Y/n knows what that is.)

He picked up the headpiece that was designed to be a smooth headed helmet that left the bottom half of the face exposed. He shook his head before throwing it across the room.

Y/n then tore the League logo fabric off the chest, leaving a blank grey on the armour before leaving the chambers and making his way through the rest of the catacombs.

Eventually he made it above ground and clambered up into the city, Gotham City.

The city was loud and bright, the sounds of engines, cars, other people. It all flooded his senses and Y/n ran into the back alleys. It was incredibly different there.

It was dark and quiet, it was almost like a completely different city but was in reality, like the other side of the coin.

Y/n began sprinting through the alleys, they all were completely new to him, yet he knew exactly where to go.

Eventually, he heard a womans screams.

"No! Let me go!"

Y/n ran towards the screams, scaling a building to get a good viewpoint. He climbed up onto a fire escape and looked down into the Alley below.

There, two men had a young woman cornered at a dead end.

"Give us ya purse, Lady." One of them said.

"Someone help!" She screamed

"No-one's coming, now hand it over!" The other shouted, grabbing her wrist.

He heard nothing. No sound.

He only saw.

The crouched form of Y/n below him.

The criminal rose his hand off the woman, before a thin red line appeared along his lower arm and it slid off his body.

All three people, both assailants and victim, screamed.

"So noisy." Y/n muttered, bringing the blade along both of the criminals necks.

They both collapsed, the one with both arms dropping his gun in the process.

Y/n seized it off the ground as the woman covered her face in terror.

When she immediately heard sirens and looked in front of her, the sworded man had vanished.

Up on the roof above, Y/n stood.

The sword was sheathed on his back as he inspected the gun in his hands (for reference its like a desert eagle).

He pointed it in the air and pulled the trigger, the gunshot sounding into the city.

The sound echoed in Y/n's mind, it reminded him of something...someone...that laughed.

The laughter echoed in his head and he felt his blood boil.

As he slid the gun into his belt Y/n heard an odd squelch noise behind him, like pouring blood and organs.

He spun around and watched as a deep, blood-red portal opened and a near 7-foot red alien emerged, a ring on his right hand glowing brightly.

"Y/n...your rage has summoned me here."

"You will become a Red Lantern."

A/n: Hey! Apologies for the time between this part and the last! I kinda hit a roadblock with this story with plans for AFTER y/n escaped the League but not actually HOW he escaped so I had to take time to think about it.

I hopefully should be back to semi-regular updates now provided I don't hit another mental block.

Thanks for reading!

- Pugg

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 168 57
What happens when a girl off the streets of Gotham is saved by a Robin with a promise to keep? Lyla has been alone most of life. She's never had fam...
238K 6.4K 52
"Where's the other one?" the man wearing a black ninja-like outfit stated as he pointed to Damian. "The other what?" Both Damian and his father said...
86.8K 1.8K 18
122K 3.2K 33
"Jason! Please, this isn't you! Come home, let me help you! I love you!" I cried for him "I'm sorry, Y/n. This is my time to show Gotham what I'm mad...