MELODRAMA (Ben Solo x F!Reade...

Por kl4us4

[COMPLETED] Three lifelong friends - Poe, Finn, and Ben - encounter a new transfer to the base. You. And it i... Más

SOBER
THE LOUVRE
PERFECT PLACES
SOBER II (MELODRAMA)
LIABILITY
WRITER IN THE DARK
LIABILITY (REPRISE)
HARD FEELINGS / LOVELESS
SUPERCUT

HOMEMADE DYNAMITE

233 4 0
Por kl4us4

Your head is pounding but you pay it no attention. Your eyes are focused on the boy before you, the one with pale skin and big eyes. Ben. His hands are on either side of your face and for once, he isn't smiling when he looks at you. The music beats in time with your heart, making the ground shake viciously.

But then he's pulling back, looking off in the distance. "We should all get going."

"Might get Poe to drive but he can hardly see." You reply, wishing Bens warms hands were still on you.
He smirks slightly, letting out a hum. Then Ben says something and you realise that you've had the best night in your entire existence. It makes you think that life on this base won't be so bad if you stick by him and his group of rebel pilots.

"I guess we're partying."

If you had known that party would be a catalyst for immense change in everybody's life, you're not sure that you would have agreed to go. Living your life on the base has never been something you aspired to do. You actually quite enjoyed being a part of the Resistance but you enjoyed doing your own thing, not having members watching over you 24/7. But since you were transferred to the D'Qar Resistance Base, it's something you're going to have to get used to.

Stepping from the ship, you look around at the base. It's so full of life. There are people everywhere and each of them look like they're on a mission. Every face that passes you is filled with determination.

"This way, Miss Y/L/N." Your pilot states, gesturing to a far off building. You nod at her, giving her a thankful smile but you can't focus on anything except your sight.

There are so many pilots rushing about, cleaning their speeders, all covered in the bright orange uniforms that you're so used to seeing. Holding your luggage in your hand, your eyes are focused on the indistinct chatter coming from one of the many hangar bays.

A boy around your age stands there, his helmet in his hands as he rests against the entrance to the hangar. His hair is nearly shoulder length, shiny and black. Even from far away his eyes are piercing, contrasting to his pale skin.

Beside him sits another boy in the same orange uniform, his hair is also dark and long but unlike the first boy his skin is tan. The two have a conversation that looks as if it's heated. They argue slightly, looking around hurriedly as if they're waiting for someone to arrive. You don't avert your eyes as the first boy turns to look at you, his gaze landing on yours. You can see the corner of his lips inch upwards as he grins. You're about to return it but a voice from in front of you breaks your intense focus on the two boys, who are now accompanied by another friend.

"Y/N," General Organa smiles, her arms placed formally at her sides, "Welcome to D'Qar."

You smile at her, bowing your head as a sign of respect, "Thank you, General. I'm eager to begin my work here."

Nodding, she wonders why she sees so much of herself in you. She once had the same eagerness and determination. Leia decides right then and there that you'll fit right in. "That's lovely, Y/N." She states, giving you a warm smile, "But we generally give our transfer around a week of rest before introductions and information tours begin."

"Oh." You nod. "That's good too."

"Don't worry. You'll be contributing soon, I'm sure. You seem extremely promising." Leia tells you just as her eyes catch onto something in the distance, "Now if you don't mind, I have a deviant son to check up on." She forces a tight smile, raising her eyebrows slightly.

As she walks off, your eyes follow her closely. She marches over to the group you were once observing near the bay. Her son? You had never heard of him, you didn't know General Leia and Han Solo ever had a son.

When the group you were watching realise that she's heading in their way, they stand up straight with wide eyes as the one with pale skin and long hair holds back a laugh.

His eyes seem to pierce into yours, even from the wide distance. You could get lost in them. A conversation ensues between Leia and the group and that's you look away with a shake of your head, a smile of your own etched onto your lips.
Finally following your guide, who seems to be heading in the direction of a large building. A sign reads 'Dormitory', and you walk on, restless to be settled down already.

However before you walk into the building, you look back at your new home and you witness General Organa pulling her son by the arm as his friends taunt him from behind. Shaking your head, you step over the threshold of what will be the best place you've ever lived in.

The night comes quickly and quietly, like a silent murderer creeping up behind you. Your room is small but bigger than you had imagined it. Most of your things are already settled in and as you sit on your cold bed, your mind wanders.

A week of doing nothing. The notion makes you nervous. You're the type of person that goes crazy doing nothing yet you can't start work until you're introduction classes begin.

Sighing, you lay down onto your back and wonder how you'll spend your first week here in your new planet. Just as quickly as the night had come, you had fallen asleep and now the morning is knocking at your door. Or is that someone else? The insistent noise makes you furrow your eyebrows and eventually you get up.

Marching to your door, you glare as you press the button to open it, revealing a tan and slightly familiar man.

His eyes look you up and down and you wonder why. "You just woke up, didn't you?"

"Obviously." You reply, raising your eyebrows, "It's early. Who are you?"

Leaning against your door frame, the man hides a grin, "Obviously not too early for the kitchen to close."

Furrowing your eyebrows, you tilt your head slightly, "What?"

"Breakfast in the main hall finished like twenty minutes ago." He states nonchalantly. You rush to look at the clock as he continues talking, "The General noticed you weren't there so she sent me to make sure you hadn't died. Poe Dameron, by the way." He ends with a smile, holding his hand out for a shake.

9:23am. You slept in. "Y/N Y/L/N."

Letting out a sigh, you shake your head at yourself. This is not a good start to your 'settling in'. When Poe realises you aren't going to shake his hand, he just shrugs. "I know a place we could go, it isn't the end of the world."

"Are we even allowed off base?" You wonder skeptically, knowing fully well that unsanctioned trips to anywhere outside of the base are prohibited.

Poe shrugs, taking a step back as he gives you a closed mouth grin, "It's allowed if you're a pilot. Which I am."

You scoff, returning his smile. "Fine, give me five minutes to change."

"I'll be out here waiting."

Poe is actually a great pilot. Stepping down from the passenger side, Poe helps you down by your hand and you gaze at the small building that hopefully has something good you can eat.

Taking the helmet off, he takes it from your hands and sets it on the seat. On the way there, you built up an appetite and you're no longer as tired as you are hungry.

"This place better be good if we're breaking rules to be here." You muse, walking beside him.

Poe says nothing, just shakes his head slightly. He barely knows you but he can tell you need to let loose and stop obsessing over what you can and can't do.

The sound of low music and loud chatter fills your ears as you enter the diner. For a sunday morning it seems to be pretty packed. As you look around, you don't even notice the pair of eyes on Poe until you hear him shout from beside you.

"My boys!" He rushes towards them, making people turn around as you glow bright red. The people in the booth also look familiar and you begin to wonder if you've met them before or if it's just deja vu.

You're left at the entrance of the place, deciding on whether you should sit with Poe and his friends or sit at the abandoned front counter. You decide to walk to the booth where Poe's bright orange uniform contrasts against the dark haired boy he sits next to.

As you walk to the booth, the chatter increases and you realise it's all coming from the three friends. It's only then that you remember who they are.
The three boys from yesterday. The ones who were afraid of General Organa. They look at you, each one differently.

Poe disregards you, gesturing for you to sit down, "Boys, this is Y/N."

"Really, Poe?" The one with dark skin and eyes frowns at his friend from across the booth, "Another girl?"

Raising an eyebrow, you hold back a laugh as you shake your head and stand there idly. You don't notice the way Ben's looking at you, examining every aspect of you how look. A feature that stands out is your long hair, it falls down below your hips in small, mostly frizzy curls. You seem to fascinate him and he lowkey hopes that you aren't with Dameron.

"No." Poe glares slightly, narrowing his eyes at his friend just as a waitress walks up to the table, "Do you just assume every girl I see is-"

"Y/N! What would you like as your first meal on this hellhole?" Ben interrupts just as Poe is about to ignore the waitress and your need for a meal.

You shrug, keeping eye contact with the stranger. "I don't know. What's good here?"

He lets out a laugh, "Very little. No offence, Lavern." He shakes his head as he turns to the restaurant's employee who just shakes her head.

"None taken, Benjamin." Lavern smiles, as if she had just received a compliment, "Who's the cute girl?" She gestures to you, making an awkward smile grow on your face.

"I'm babysitting her." Poe continues, as he looks to Ben, "It was your moms way of keeping me on the base."

This must be Leia's son, the 'deviant' one as the General had called him yesterday. "Hm." Ben replies, his dark eyes relentless against yours, "Much good that did."

Finn shifts over, moving his plate down the table with him. "I'm against you being here solely for the reason that we'll get you into shit but since you're already out of the base, take a seat, I'm Finn."

"I know I just transferred here but I knew the rules when I agreed to leave." You reply, sitting down beside him.

"A transfer? How unfortunate." Ben sighs, crossing his arms as he watches you before looking up at Lavern, "She'll have the number three with a blue milkshake."

"I'll get one too!" Finn smiles politely.

Nodding, Lavern leaves with a smile and you look at Ben, "Thank you." You say quietly.

"You're welcome." He replies kindly and you wonder why his mother seemed so upset with him when he seems to be a very genuine boy.

You keep your gaze on him longer, wondering what this strange connection is between the two of you. You can feel it and it's unknown to you, he can feel it too. His skin is sorta pale, slightly dark purple under his big eyes which are a piercing brown colour. His black eyelashes frame them perfectly. Bens skin has dots of beauty marks scattered around his large nose. His hair is black and slightly curled outwards, framing his jaw.

Poe speaks up and you rip your eyes away from the stranger, "How much money on Y/N being Ben's replacement?" He wagers, raising an eyebrow cheekily as Finn chuckles.

Ben shrugs, giving Poe a grin as you watch the boy with intrigue. "Wouldn't be surprised." He states with a light laugh, "I'm sure she can't wait for me to turn 18 so she can get rid of me."

18. You just turned 18 - he's nearly your age. And you thought you were odd being a young recruit on the base but it seems everyone you're seated around is quite young still.

"Aren't you her son?" You narrow your eyes at him, "Why would she get rid of you?"

Ben looks down with a smile, going over everything in his head. "Next time I see her and my dad, I'll ask. But don't count on a valid reason."

Poe stretches his arms, letting out a yawn, "What's the plan for today?" He leans against the table curiously as the two friends look to Ben for an answer.

"I was thinking we'd go to Summerfort." Ben suggests, smiling when Poe gives a loud, verbal agree. Finn, however, does not look convinced.

Poe claps excitedly and you watch him go wild, "Yes! We haven't been there in so long, I've forgotten what it looks like."

"It's D'Qar." Ben retorts, "It all looks the same."

Now it's Finns turn to speak up, "Don't you have a curfew? Don't we all have a curfew? Aren't we all under extra watch since General Solo caught us yesterday?"

Ben furrows his eyebrows, averting his eyes, "Ugh, don't call her General Solo."

"Wow, you guys really have nothing to do at the base, huh?" You muse, looking at the boys who nod in agreement. It seems like today you'll spend all your time with the three strangers - but there's nothing you'd want more. You don't know them; that's a fact. But you begin to think that once you do, there'll be no going back. They'll soon start to feel like the adventurous friends you've never had. "What did you get caught with?" You wonder, looking around at the group yet none of them seem keen to speak up except Ben.

"Can you keep a secret?" He speaks quietly now, leaning forward over the table to speak to you, "You have to promise us that you're not one of those strict Resistance Members whose forgotten what the Resistance is about; running away from rules."

Narrowing your eyes, "What am I going to do, tell your mom?" You tease, making Finn and Poe laugh at Ben, who raises an eyebrow.

Crossing his arms, he makes a decision then and there. You're a part of the group. You're someone he believes is somewhat like him.

"Hm." He hums once again, "You're just going to have to wait and see." Bens smile is wide and his eyes are full of excitement when he looks back at the group, the lighter in his hand. When he looks at you, you feel as though you're entranced.

You've never met someone like him. You've only spoken to him a handful of times since you met the group and yet you can already tell what type of person he is. Poe notices your smile as you watch Ben.

"You might wanna step back." Poe grins, gently pulling you back by your arm as Ben crouches down to light the fuse.

You stand beside your new friends, shaking your head in amusement as Ben rushes back to everyone.

"This is crazy." You shout to Ben, who admires the smile on your face as he rushes towards you.

"You haven't witnessed the best part yet." The rebel replies, comfortably wrapping an arm around your shoulders just as the explosive goes off.

The sound of the explosion doesn't make you jump, it makes you smile wildly. Bens laugh is the next thing you hear after the slight buzzing that fills your ears. When you look up at him, you realise one thing; he's different. The way he behaves reminds you of how you used to be when you were younger; abnormal.

Ben looks down at you and for the first time in his entire life, he cares about the limited time he has left on this base.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

92.5K 3.2K 27
A month has passed since the death of Han Solo. A month since Star Killer Base was destroyed. A month since Finn nearly died battling Kylo Ren. A mon...
114K 3.1K 39
A girl searching for her place in the galaxy. A boy fighting to take control of his destiny. And the bond that runs deeper than either of them could'...
61.8K 1.1K 41
𝐀 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐮𝐩 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞�...
59.8K 1.2K 42
Set after Kylo reveals to Rey the reality of her identity and addresses what could have happened if Rey would have actually taken Kylo's hand. I pla...