SOBER

You spent all day with the people you hope are now your new friends. You got to see and experience Summerfort. It was kinda like the rest of D'Qar; like Ben had said earlier.

But for some reason it felt better. It felt magical. It felt like you were stepping on sacred land but the boys thought absolutely nothing of it. Them, along with Summerfort, gladly welcomed you with open arms.

Summerfort was the name given to the wasteland in which Ben, Poe, and Finn often visited. When they were younger, around 13, they claimed the land as their own and over time, the treehouse grew into an actual small house filled with lanterns for light.
It was overgrown and full of green, except for the sparse land in front of the small, abandoned house. That part looked burned - and with good reason. As a result to the endless years of bonfires, homemade dynamite, and explosives, the grass bent to their will and ceased growing there.

The sun has already started to set on Summerfort and even the shared blanket wrapped around all four of your shoulders wasn't enough to keep the cold away. You want to stay here forever in this moment. Just you and three boys you don't know super well. Just you with Bens arm behind your back as he leans back. Just the four of you watching the endless stars.

After an hour of silent staring, Poe yawns loudly. "The party isn't too far but we should leave now." He nods, looking to his x-wing parked in the distance.

"Why now?" Ben questions him curiously, not wanting to get up as much as you don't.

"Because," Poe states as he slips his helmet on, "I need a drink to keep me awake."

Finn scoffs, standing up and letting the cold air waft into Ben, who quickly wraps the blanket around himself again. Finn looks at him expectantly, elbowing Finns side, "Finally, you may actual date a girl who has longer hair than you."

You let out a laugh, shaking your head at Finn as you feel your cheeks heat up. Ben rolls his eyes, facing the cold as he stands up. Finn and Poe act like children, racing each other to their x-wings, pushing each other as they do so.

Laughing at them as you stay seated, Ben shakes his head and sucks in a breath. Now, the idea of leaving Summerfort and his friends physically pains him. Now that there's only a few months, it all seems too real.

Stretching his hand out, Ben looks to you and helps you stand up. "You're up for a party right?" He wonders as he quickly shoves the blanket into the old house.

You shrug, looking at your feet upon the long, green grass. You want to be honest and tell him you barely party since you've taken on so many responsibilities with the Resistance. "I'm up for it."

Watching Poe and Finn chase each other in the air, you feel excitement for the night you have ahead of you.

Ben claps his hands together, his eyes searching the area and his mind wondering if he's forgotten anything. "Great." He states, chucking you his helmet.

"Don't you need this... to, you know, fly?" You wonder, following him to his tandem x-wing, the same kind Poe has.

Ben pauses, giving you a shrug, "...Nah."

You want to protest but he gets into the starfighter without another word and you follow him. Trying not to stare too much, you watch Bens expressions as he starts up the machine.

His eyebrows are slightly furrowed as he straps himself in, following the rest of the group. Once you're on course, you look at the close land below you.

"We have to fly low," Ben explains, "or the Resistance will find us on their radars."

"You've done this a lot of times, haven't you?" You suggest, your eyes still on the passing world outside.