The Kick Back

By SimplyBeautiful42

Growing up in the 1980's were the hardest times for the African american and Hispanic communities. The crack... More

The Kick Back: Stephanie's Story
Antonio speaks
Stephanie's Introduction
Night Talk
His bravery
A Bitter Sweet taste..
Alone Together
Waters Edge Breeze
The Edge of Darkness
Home
The night after
Closer
Mind over Matter
Two Become One
Silent spoken words
Falling
Day break
Disappearing Acts
No new friends
Secrets and Lies
Loyalty underneath
A friend of a friend
After Dark
His Queen in Shinning Armor
New Blood
Closed Mouths
White Lies
Dear Summer
Ticker Tape
New Grounds
Adjusting
Passion & Confessions
Ain't Worried Bout Nothing
Heaven Only Knows
Brighter Days...breaking the cycle
The Real Truth
The Run In
Enough Said
They always come back around
My reality
The Ugly Truth
Moving on (The Flash Back)
His Conscience...I dream of Rabbits
Curious Cats
Michigan Bound
Little Black Dress
A Girl Name Karma
Breaking Walls
Knight Cry
Noted
Center Stage
Peace before Michigan
It's Been Real
Questions
?
Family Ties
The Rift
Loose Change
Come Clean
A Change of Heart
The Come Back
Let's Go Back
Obsession
Angel
Bigger Than Me
Knight Fall
Truth Is A Lie
Pomp and other circumstances
One Night
All Good Things
Come to an End
All's Well
Rebirth, Renewel
Grass is Always Greener
Ghost
Breaking Acceptance
A Place Beyond Waters Edge
Simple Moments
The Fly
Eye opener

Blackout

85 5 0
By SimplyBeautiful42

I don't remember much after Vince spoke those words. Pretty soon, I had blacked out...

I saw nothing but white which quickly faded. I looked around and there was nothing. The walls were blank and there was no ground beneath my feet. I was afraid...but then again, I was at peace. There were no sirens, no screaming, just silence, and room to think my loudest thoughts without fear of anyone hearing them. Soon, my peace was interrupted. There was a brief darkness and then I heard a loud scream. Suddenly, I was in my childhood home again.

I ran to my mother's bedroom as quick as I could. She was cowering in the corner, while my father's hand was falling to his side. "Next time, you'll know better!" he shouted. "I can't fuckin take this no more! Me esta volviendo loco!" My Pops stormed past me as if he didn't see me. I watched him walk out of the door, just as I had as a child. A young me and a young Gabby walked right past me and up to my Moms. She started crying uncontrollably and they did their best to comfort her. I couldn't bring myself to say or do anything. All I could feel was pain...

A flash of light interrupted my thoughts. Once again, there was no ground beneath my feet. It felt as if I was going through a physical transition. I turned around in a circle, unsure of where I was or whether or not I would go back to reality. I could see someone approaching me from a distance. Upon closer inspection, it looked like Stephanie. Only she was dressed in all white, like an angel or something. I backed up, afraid of what might happen next. She pressed herself against me and then placed a soft kiss on my lips. She smiled at me which made me smile back.

"Don't be afraid, you can come back now." she said in a soft voice. I noticed myself breathing again, something that frightened me. I hadn't been breathing...I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes to see a guy that I hadn't seen before, standing over me along with a paramedic or two. I was in pain and strangely enough, I was happy to feel it. "He's back!" I heard one of the paramedic's shout. They immediately began to give me oxygen. I was so confused. I didn't know what had just happened, all I knew was, I was alive...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 958 29
Sarah lives a casual life. She does well in school, she has a decent amount of friends, and she lives with her mom but keeps contact with her dad. On...
455 18 10
Freedom is something that Rebecca has never known, but for which she yearns with all her being - so much so that she's willing to risk everything to...
1.3M 17.4K 37
Ariana and Ty were childhood bestfriends, but one fatefull night caused them to be torn apart. Now years later they meet back up. Feelings began to...
342K 11.7K 44
"Daniel please-" He growled cutting me off mid sentence; making it obvious that he's pissed beyond belief. I never knew that telling him my past woul...