Mr. CEO's Fiery Nanny

Par ankitawrites_Xx

I beg to differ that.", I sassed and got out of his grip ready to move out of the room when he pulled me by m... Plus

0. Character Aesthetics and Author's Note.
1. Nicolas. Nicolas Arnold.
2. And It started!
3. Kia's nanny?
4. The News Article!
5. A Deal!
6. Nicky uncle's friends.
7. A Day with a little Girl.
8. Coconut
9. It's been four years!
10. Shopping and Gardening!
11. Why does he care?
12. It's gonna be alright
13. Go with the Flow
14. Arielle+Rapunzel!
15. A perfect husband Material?
16. Mr Arnold's weird looks!
17. I fell in love with her the very moment I saw her.
18. My smiles and His blush
19. He's so bloody confusing!
20. Happy New Year, my Love.
21. A Condition to Hug.
22. Keeping the Promise.
23. Wake up Amore: Nick's POV
24. I had to make sure you were fine!
26. It was home!
27. The Enigma of the Nightmares
28. Not my wife, YET.
29. The Birthday of Tears
30. I'm scared.
31. He was a Blessing!
32. Only you, mi amore. Only YOU.
33. Drunk Confessions!
34. Tell me, Amore!
35. His Father.
36. What we call FAMILY.
37. Confess You're Jealous.
38. A Perfect Evening!
39. A New Storm Brewing!
40. The Question of Trust.
41. A Promise to Trust!
42. Their Guardian Angel.
43. Present And Future: Nick's POV
44. "I do."
45. The First Night.
46. His Birthday.
47. My Tulip

25. A Game of Kiss!

34.7K 1.4K 105
Par ankitawrites_Xx

Remember when we were kids and used to fall ill. It felt like our mom's whole day revolved around us, looking after us, asking if we wanted anything or going out of their way to do something for us special. Our Mumma used to make us feel extraordinary during all those times.

I felt the same love, yes love.

I felt the same love as when I was a kid and I was with my Mumma. It felt like my Mumma was there with me and she was waiting to make sure I was ok in disguise of Nicolas' Mama.

Mama, as she made me call her, didn't let me get bored for even a second. She kept on conversing with me as if I was her daughter, her real daughter.

It's been three days since I've been in this hellhole i.e. Hospital. And even for a minute didn't she let me feel alone. 

The whole night and evening Nicolas stays in the hospital and in the morning it's Mama who needs to kick him out of my room. Kia, Tara, Evans and Aiden also come to entertain me during the daytime. They were so sweet.

Similarly today too, Nicolas stayed till morning and then got kicked out when Mama came. 

He had an important meeting but was so reluctant to go that I had to request Mama to convince him and well, she didn't request.

She ordered."Nico, go to the office or I'll kick your a*s out of here." And here I thought he cursed a lot.

All in all, she was a mood.

Right now she was narrating some embarrassing and funny incidents of his childhood and I don't know why but I was getting too interested in knowing him.

More than I should.

But who cares! I'll get more ways to embarrass him. A thing I enjoy a lot.

"You know child.", Mama said beaming."Nico was really great at basketball when he was a kid but one day, he got really bored and he went to play cricket instead, but he could not play it. He was so clumsy that he hurt himself and ended up going back to basketball."

And he calls me clumsy.

"I'm not clumsy Mama.", Nicolas said entering the room. I looked up at him, he was dressed in a white shirt and formal black pants. His shirt sleeves were at his elbows. 

Why was he so good looking? This is pure injustice to us normal-looking people, God!

"You came so early?", Mama said raising an eyebrow at him. Her voice had a hint of amusement and teasing.

"I knew you'd start telling her my all embarrassing childhood stories.", he sulked and sat on a couch kept closely.

"You look very tired. You should have taken some rest. If you're worried for me then Mama is here.", I said looking at him. I didn't want him to join me in the hospital anytime soon.

"Who?", he snapped his gaze at me making me rethink my words.

"Mama?"

"You called my mother Mama?", he asked. Why the hell did he get so worked up on such a little thing.

"Yes, Nico and that too since three days.", Mama beamed and did I see her discreetly winking. What's up with these Arnolds and winking?

"How the hell didn't I notice it?", Why was he getting so happy on such a little thing?

"You'll notice things when you stop staring at my daughter.", Mama countered and my eyes widened when I saw Nicolas' ears turning pink." Mama.", he mumbled.

She diverted her all attention at me dismissing her son, "Ignore him, you tell me. You're so pretty, Do you have a boyfriend?"

I laughed at how curious she looked. She really was like my Mumma. Too hyper and real.

My eyes caught a glance at him who was reading the newspaper lying on the side table. Thank God! It'd be too embarrassing to say in front of him that in twenty-four years of life I've never dated anyone.

 Quit thinking about what he'll think woman!

I stopped and centred my all concentration on the curious hyper woman in front of me."No mama. I'm not and I've never."

I heard a sigh but when I looked at him, his face was still in the newspaper.

"Never?"

"Never.", I shook my head.

"My instincts say, soon you are going to.", behind her I heard the newspapers flutter." I mean- soon you'll find your soulmate.", she laughed nervously confusing the heck out of me.

All of a sudden pain surged through my abdomen making me hiss.

In an instant, Nicolas was on his toes."Should I call the doctor, amore?" It was not the first time he reacted like this. In the span of all these three days, he had been extra careful with me and this was making me feel afraid.

He was so caring, so sweet, and what may I say so gentle with me. But the thing that touched me was he never crossed his line.

Every night just to make me feel comfortable, he'd leave the room and sit in the corridor and that made me so f*cking guilty. I even asked him to sleep on the couch if he was so reluctant to leave me alone but he says, he doesn't want to make me awkward and without a single word he would kiss my forehead and leave the room.

I hate it, not the fact that he kisses me on the forehead. But the fact he's having sleepless nights for me. Why does he care so much for me? It's not like I'm his family.

And his all sweet gestures were making me afraid. Afraid of- f*ck I don't want to even think about what I think I'd catch.

"Amore, do you want a doctor?", I looked at him and Mama who had their eyes fixed on me.

"N-no. I'm-ah!"-I hissed."I'm fine."

"You're not lying, are you?"

"No. I promise. I'm not.", he sighed."You really love to scare me." My heart tugged. He was scared for me?

Damn you Nicolas for always getting my heart go haywire. 

"Mama. You should go home now. It's already evening.", he said to his mother.

"Alright.", she bent to my face and kissed my temple lovingly. Then she leaned towards my ear and whispered, "Tomorrow I'll tell you how I dressed Nico as a princess in third grade for fancy dress." I chuckled.

Nicolas Arnold in a princess dress. I'd pay a thousand bucks to see that sh*t.

He looked at me who was grinning like a complete madwoman. "What did she say?", he asked leaning towards me.

I shrugged and smiled innocently." That's a secret of Mama and me. You-", I pointed"-are not allowed to know."

"Oh." He raised his eyebrow leaning closer to me."I'm keeping the count of all your mischiefs, Arielle, you recover and I'm getting back at you for all these times."

"I don't care.", I smiled at him, his face was so close to me and for once I was not uncomfortable being this close to a man."Mama is there and she told me whenever you trouble me, she's gonna kick your arse." He laughed throwing his head back. His laugh had always been contagious and melodic.

I smiled seeing him laughing, a thing I love to do nowadays.

These signs of me are making me afraid.

"Alright, shall we start?", I braced myself.

Okay, this has been a daily ritual for the past three days. He would bring a new game that could be played without any stretch of my limb. Yesterday I played ludo and I was winning but he f*cking cheated and won.

Cheater!

"Let's start but don't you dare cheat today.", I threatened him.

He smiled showing his perfect dimples and flicked my nose."Rule no. 1 for every game, amore. Do not get distracted." My heart jumped when his steel-grey eyes looked directly at me.

"So..." He pulled out his bag of gaming paraphernalia. I was always amused at how interestingly he'd play with me."Alright, so today we have cards."

"Arielle." he tsked." You have already lost the game."

"Oh, we'll see.", I gave him a challenging look.

Thirty-five minutes and losing four games in a row later.

"Bloody hell! How are you wining every dang time?"I literally was going mad with anger. Every time I lose a game, he'd say: "Ouch, amore! Try again.", making me angrier than last time.

"Come on Amore, don't let me win this game.", he chuckled showing his pearly set of white teeth.

I gritted my teeth, my fist tempted to punch him.

Now, Ari, you have to win at every damn cost.

I looked at him who held his cards close to his chest as if afraid someone might steal his devious secret. He placed three in front of me. His lips curled in a beautiful smile."You are going to lose again, amore."

Oh no, you didn't.

"Uh! Nicolas." I rubbed my eye. His grin wavered and he got alerted in a second."I think I got something in my eye."

He leaned toward me and holding my eye, looked into my left eye. Catching him off guard, without thinking I kissed his cheek. He froze at his place and that made me glance at his cards. I pulled the Ace out of his hand which was the highest card. He blinked and my heart skipped.

I smiled showing my cards to him." I win. You lose."

"That was pure cheating.", he said, his hands on either side of my face. Eyes, fixing me on my place.

I gave him a sly grin and flicked his nose."Rule no. 1 for every game, Nicolas. Do not get distracted."

His face flushed and I found it so f*cking hard to stop the laugh that was threatening to break free. "You kissed me. This is wrong, Arielle. How dare you kiss me?" His face turned serious and my grin wavered. The last time you touched his hair and he didn't say anything doesn't mean he'd forgive you again, Ari!

Gone! He definitely is putting you behind bars for harassment this time.

"Mr Arnold I mean Nicolas..sh*t! I'm so sorry."My heart pulsated fast as I anticipated his next words.

He didn't say anything. He just looked at me seriously. Tears filled my eyes. Sh*t! What did I do?

"I'm so sorry. I didn't... I just." I was legit three seconds away from crying. He was the only one who made me feel good and due to my spontaneous action, I hurt him."I'm-" I tried to get up and that made me scream in pain.

Instantly he pushed me back and wiped the tears that actually had trickled down my eyes." Hey.", he chuckled."Jesus Christ! Woman, I was just kidding." I looked into his eyes finding any lie but they just hinted amusement.

"Really?"

"You're so f*cking precious, My God!" He leaned closer and rubbed his nose with mine."If only I knew it would take a game to lose for you to kiss me, I'd have done that far back."

*** 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

62.5M 2.7K 6
Brielle Newman A 21-year-old girl who was struggling to make life comfortable for herself and her niece, Delilah. Her sister left the baby the minute...
966K 28.3K 39
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...
10M 468K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
14.1K 188 7
"I want to be completely yours." I whispered and his lips parted slightly. "You sure-" he cleared his throat. " I mean, are you aware that I'm-" "Wou...