๐…๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž...

By argcntum

NOTICE: This story is on hiatus due to my personal life and obligations. Please refer to my message board for... More

๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ. ๐…๐ฅ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Œ๐จ๐ญ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ค๐ž
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ. ๐€ ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐„๐ง๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘. ๐†๐ซ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐–๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ซ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’. ๐€ ๐๐š๐ ๐Ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ง?
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”. ๐‚๐š๐Ÿ๐žฬ ๐Œ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฌ ๐๐ญ. ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•. ๐‚๐š๐Ÿ๐žฬ ๐Œ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฌ ๐๐ญ. ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–. ๐๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐‡๐ž๐ฅ๐ฉ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ—. ๐†-๐Œ๐š๐ฑ ๐–๐ข๐ฅ๐๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ž
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ. ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ญ๐ก ๐š๐ง๐ ๐๐ฎ๐ฆ๐›๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ. ๐€๐๐ฆ๐ข๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐€๐๐จ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ. ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐†๐ฒ๐ฆ ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ž ๐‚๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ง๐ฒ ๐๐ญ. ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘. ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐†๐ฒ๐ฆ ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ž ๐‚๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ง๐ฒ ๐๐ญ. ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’. ๐€๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž, ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐“๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“. ๐’๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ฒ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”. ๐’๐ก๐จ๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐›๐ฒ ๐๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•. ๐Œ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•ยฝ. ๐Œ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ (๐‡๐ข๐ฌ ๐’๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ & ๐‡๐ž๐ซ ๐ƒ๐ž๐œ๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง)
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–. ๐Œ๐š๐ฒ๐›๐ž, ๐๐ซ๐จ๐›๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ฒ: ๐‘๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐‚๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ก!

๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“. ๐‘๐ž๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐จ๐ง...๐ข๐ง ๐Œ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐–๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐Ž๐ง๐ž

957 22 0
By argcntum

━ ✧ ❀ ✧ ━

"Lilias dear, it's not getting too hot over there, is it? Keep Leon company for me while I go set up your flowers!"

Said person could only nod as Hop and Leon's mother ran back into the house, her eyes following the fleeing form helplessly. The smell of seasoned meat permeated the air as streams of smoke rose to the sky, curling and spinning like translucent candy floss. After a bit, Lilias reluctantly peeled her eyes away from the house, shooting a nervous glance at the person beside her, who was manning the grill.

Just how did things get to this point?

"...So, my mum was one of your customers," Leon suddenly spoke up, his hair—which he had since done up into a ponytail—bouncing as he flipped over a sizzling slab of meat. "What a coincidence, huh?"

"Hahaha..."

He got nothing more than a short laugh as a reply; a blanket of awkward silence quickly fell upon the two.

Lilias looked across the yard, where a middle-aged woman with braided brown hair was talking to (or scolding?) both Victor and Gloria. As Hop and Leon's mother had promised, her other customer did indeed show up—and that woman was her. She had already given her the last bouquet, and thus, technically had no more reasons to stay here.

"Um..."

And yet, despite feeling nervous and flighty, freaking out about bad luck and omens earlier, Lilias...didn't actually want to leave? Such complicated emotions—she didn't get it one bit.

"Hm? Did you say something?"

Leon had somehow heard her quiet call, tilting his head accordingly. He was happy that she was finally talking to him—the person she was right now was completely different from the young woman he'd met in the Galar Mine, and he was wondering if something had happened to her between then and now to elicit such a change.

...Or, maybe I'm the problem? He blinked. But—

"—I...I am sorry!"

Lilias's sudden outburst startled Leon out of his thoughts, and he stilled as she turned to face him, the force behind the movement impressing him despite his confusion. Her hands were firmly clasped in front of her and her face was flushed, her expression uncertain, but her resolve was there, born out of...somewhere.

"You...you are a good person, Champion Leon. Definitely," she uttered softly, her voice like a budding flower amidst the crackling of the grill. These words, though innocent in nature, hit like a shot in the dark, and said person nearly burnt himself as he swiveled to look at her, golden eyes widening.

"Where is this coming from...?" he asked. If she was trying to charm him, then it was working.

Lilias dipped her head; she was going to admit everything. "Truth be told...I am nervous. I don't know why, considering I wasn't really when we first met earlier today, but I am. I just wanted you to know that it is of no fault of your own—that it's all me."

He is going to think I'm strange now...

"Oh." Leon blinked at this. Was she...reassuring him? Being all transparent by explaining her behavior and blaming herself, all in such a formal tone... Who does that?

Regardless, Lilias interpreted the short answer negatively, and winced. However, after a beat of silence, a smile tugged at the Champion's lips.

"...You're an interesting person, Lilias," he chuckled, the warm tones eliciting a blush from said person. "You didn't have to tell me all of that."

Lilias shuffled her feet, crossing her arms. "W-well, you were looking troubled, and I know I was making things awkward!" she retorted. "Communication is key, is it not?"

She then sighed, looking away. Leon's eyebrows rose.

"I don't know why...I don't know. My thoughts and feelings are all over the place, nagging, yelling, and even being contradictory at times. ...All because of you, if I have to be honest."

Now, it was the Champion's turn to blush. Didn't she just say she was nervous? Was she really, with all of this straightforwardness? He also didn't think what she said was something one would normally say directly to the person in mention...

She's different, alright.

"...Yeah, you're definitely an interesting person," he confirmed, his voice low as he closed his eyes. Lilias looked up at him, though her gaze quickly dropped back down to the grill in concern—it was starting to smoke. Her attention was brought back, however, when he suddenly slapped his cheeks, the sound resounding.

*SLAP!*

"C-Champion Leon?!" she stuttered, shocked.

The sun had completely set on them now; a nightly chill descended upon the hills of Postwick, heightening the curling smoke of the grill. There was a deep silence as the Champion stood there, not speaking, not seeing...nothing.

What is he...?

Suddenly, he opened his eyes. Their yellow hue was illuminating, and Lilias could see them even through the dark veil of night.

"...The circumstances of our meeting weren't...the best." Leon shared, his voice calm. The seriousness of his voice and composure drew Lilias in, both eyes and attention. "Can we start over?"

He then stuck a hand out, tilting his head invitingly.

The offer was tempting for the florist. She had driven herself into an awkward corner with him, and that wasn't where she wanted to be. What was supposed to be a once in a lifetime opportunity to get to know the Champion that she'd already blundered has now presented itself to her once again...

I'm not sure I can completely "start over," but...

"...Alright." Sticking out her own hand, Lilias grasped Leon's, a quick thought about how large it is flashing through her mind before she shook it.

"Great!"

The Champion grinned at this, crossing his arms as his hair fluttered behind him in a manner akin to his champion's cape. The sky was dark, but his aura was shining, brilliantly bright. "Then," he announced energetically, "I'm Leon, Champion of Galar!"

Lilias stifled a giggle at this. Even though their shared agreement for a relationship reset was figurative and not literal, she felt like there was something that had changed between them—something refreshing.

"And I am Lilias, Florist of Motostoke."

"...Ah, wait! Is the meat burning?!"

━ ✧ ❀ ✧ ━

After the pair had put out the grill fire (with the help of Gloria's Sobble, whom Leon had given to her along with Hop's Grookey; Victor got a Scorbunny), Leon and Lilias got called inside, as the plans for an outdoor night party had to be cancelled due to sudden rainfall (and the grill fire). The dining table was too small, so two foldables had to be taken out and pushed together for extra space, but overall, everyone was having a good time. Leon's offer for a relationship reset had done miracles on Lilias, and she was enjoying herself wholeheartedly, no longer nervous.

"Wait, no way! You own the flower shop in Motostoke?!" Gloria exclaimed, her hands shooting up to her mouth in a gasp as she looked at the advertisement document that Lilias was editing on her phone. "I recommended the place to mum 'cause I saw all the awesome pieces on display when I was in Motostoke, but I didn't know...!"

Everyone had just finished playing a few rounds of board games (along with having a terrible sense of direction, it was discovered that Leon's also pretty bad at games), and at current, were off doing their own thing. Lilias had decided to get started on some of next week's work early, when Gloria happened upon her.

"Really?"

Victor rolled his eyes, stabbing his fork into his serving of steak; perhaps this was a means of getting back at his sister for earlier. "Gloria, the name of the store is hers: Lilias's Blooms."

"Oh, b-be quiet! I knew that...!"

"Did you, though?"

Lilias smiled sheepishly as Gloria and Victor began to quarrel and tussle once again, turning off her phone and putting it away. She didn't have any siblings, so she wasn't sure how a relationship with one was supposed to work. However, this amount of fighting was a bit concerning...

*DING DONG!*

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"...I've got it!" Hop stood up, eager to leave the noisy table as he strided over to the door. Leon's gaze briefly followed him before turning to Lilias, and the Champion leaned closer as he tapped the hardwood.

"Lilias," he began, said person nodding to show that she was listening, "about your flowers—"

"—Aw, whaaat? Did the party start without us?"

The sound of clinking glasses and utensils stopped as everyone's attention turned to the source of the sound, a preppy, feminine voice. Stepping through the door that Hop was holding open was someone with ginger hair, adorned with heart clips...

"S-Sonia?!"

To everyone's surprise, Lilias suddenly stood up, her plate rattling at the rapid action. She quickly edged her way around Victor and Gloria, her eyes widening more and more as she got a closer look at the young woman standing at the door. Orange eyes met aqua, and Leon stared too, confused as to how his new acquaintance knew his childhood friend.

"...Wait! Is that you, Lili?!"

After a moment of confirming silence, Sonia gasped, racing forward. She and Lilias clasped hands, and they stared at each other for a moment before the former squealed, pulling the latter into a big hug.

"Goodness! It's been way, way too long, you! Video calls and texting just don't cut it!" Sonia exclaimed happily, giving her longtime friend a squeeze.

"I-I'm sorry I haven't visited you, even though I was in the area," Lilias stuttered, losing air from the embrace. "Things just got r-really busy after my b-business took off..."

"D'awh, it's okay! I get it—Alette told me!"

As the two reunited friends continued to chatter, everyone else watched on in a mix of surprise and amusement, the kids and Leon being the former, while Hop and Leon's mother and Victor and Gloria's mother were the latter.

"Wait a minute. Sonia and Miss Lilias know each other?" Hop and Gloria uttered in unison, the former scratching his head. Their mothers simply shrugged in response, while Victor found himself staring at Lilias again.

Suddenly, Sonia caught sight of Leon. The latter blinked, confused, as the former gasped at him, pouting.

"What?! You got to reunite with her first, Leon?" she complained. "How is that even possible? Aren't you busy with champion stuff?"

Said Champion sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah, well...I'm trying to manage my life better to make more time for personal things." He then frowned. "Also, what do you mean, 'reunite with her first'? We just met today."

Lilias was also confused; she smiled awkwardly, waving her hands. "Y-yes!" she agreed with Leon. "It was through some really...unique circumstances, but today is the first time I've ever spoken with Champion Leon, Sonia."

Leon smiled at the florist. "Just Leon is fine, Lilias."

"Oh! Sorry..."

At this exchange, Sonia frowned, crossing her arms; a look of disbelief crossed her pretty face.

"What's going on...? Do you two seriously not remember?" she uttered, astonished.

For a moment, Lilias had a brief flashback to the boy with the Wooloo from her childhood memories—there was something about Sonia's goading that brought him back to the forefront of her mind. However, as she glanced over at Leon, who looked to be completely confused by the whole thing, she sent the memory back, shaking her head.

I'd like to think he remembers me, like I do with him.

...But, there's this familiar feeling about Leon...

She recalled the thoughts she had after seeing his turned back earlier in the Galar Mine.

The stance...

*CREAK!* "...Sonia!"

Before anyone could reply, however, the door suddenly opened, revealing a disgruntled Professor Magnolia. The esteemed Pokémon researcher stalked up to her granddaughter and tapped her on the shoulder, her face dark.

"You thought you could just rush in ahead like that?" she grumbled, to which Sonia squeaked. "Didn't I say to help me bring in the roast turkey? And all the other entrees, too!"

"Yes, gran..." the ginger sighed in defeat, shuffling out the door. She quickly stopped, however, turning back to point a finger at both Lilias and Leon (the former flinched at this).

"...This isn't over, you two!" she declared. "I'm going to get to the bottom of this!"

What is there to get to the bottom of...?

Silence fell as the two new party guests left just as quickly as they came, the kids in particular completely befuddled by everything that had transpired. The mothers then broke the quiet with a shared chuckle, going right back to a prior conversation about gardening.

"...I should really get going now," Lilias suddenly announced, standing up with her plate and glass. "Thank you, everyone, for welcoming a stranger like me—I had a lot of fun, and am grateful for your hospitality." She then bowed to show her gratitude.

It was true—she did have fun. Her participation in the party was, to be honest, unexpected and out of her control, but it was through this experience that she got to know Leon a little better and establish an acquaintanceship with him, as well as his little brother and his friends: Hop, who was bright and friendly; Gloria, who was fiery, strong-hearted, and seemed to be interested in flowers; and Victor, who... Well, surely, he's a good boy at heart.

Either way, this was a chance opportunity that might never show itself again. Lilias smiled, embracing it.

"Well, you're certainly not a stranger anymore!" Hop and Leon's mother smiled warmly. "I think we've all taken a liking to you—come visit again when you're able!"

Hop, Gloria, and Victor nodded in agreement at this, the lattermost scratching his flushed cheek.

"We three are going to be starting our Gym Challenge soon," Hop added, motioning to both himself and his friends, "but hopefully, we'll run into each other somewhere down the road, Miss Lilias."

"I want to visit your flower shop, too!" Gloria added excitedly.

Leon perked up at this. Up until now, he'd been oddly quiet, just observing everything. People-watching, maybe? Or, was this a part of his plan to manage and improve his personal life, like he had spoken of earlier?

"Right! Speaking of—"

—*RING!* *RING!*

Unfortunately, before he could finish speaking, Lilias's phone rang loudly. Smiling apologetically and nervously, the florist hurriedly made a motion to turn off the mobile device. However, the Champion shook his head, giving her the go-ahead—she didn't need to know that he was steeling his jaw.

Victor noticed, though, and smirked; he viewed Leon as a rival of sorts.

"I-I'm sorry. Thank you..." Lilias uttered gratefully, accepting the call and quickly leaving the house afterwards. Leon followed her with his eyes, and when the door clicked shut behind her, he sighed, dropping his chin into the palm of his hand.

.
.
.
.
.

"...What's wrong, Leon?" Victor and Gloria's mother asked amusedly, pausing her knitting. She, like most people, were used to seeing him with a loud and confident countenance, so this disappointed display was new—and funny—to her. Everyone else took notice shortly after, and they stared at him, awaiting his answer.

"Huh?" The Champion looked over at her, body heavy. "Oh. Well, I've been trying to ask Lilias about her flower shop. Like, where it is, and stuff..."

For a moment, there was nothing but silence—this was really surprising for Leon, and everyone couldn't believe it. Usually, he was all in on the battle game and his Champion duties, not thinking much about anything else. Besides, what did he want with Lilias's flower shop, anyway?

After a bit, however, Hop deadpanned, "Can't you just search up the address?"

Gloria and Victor exchanged a look, nodding in agreement. Was the Champion technologically inept, or something? That would be surprising.

"Urgh." Leon slumped, suddenly feeling silly amongst these kids. He crossed his arms, tapping his fingers against his bicep as he mumbled, "Well, yes, but I had other things I wanted to say..."

This time, it was Gloria who struck. "You didn't get her number, Champion Leon?"

"No."

Awkward silence fell.

"...Hey, it's not all bad!"

Suddenly, Victor spoke up for what seemed like the first time in a while. Judging by his smirk, he was about to play the role of spoilsport, and as he began to elaborate, he shrugged in feigned sympathy.

"I mean, this is actually a good thing!" he pointed out, to everyone's surprise. "Wouldn't it be weird if you just showed up to Miss Lilias's place like that, Champ? She wouldn't like that at all for sure." He then tilted his head. "Plus, you're the Champion—it wouldn't look good if you get caught. Best to stick to what you've been doin'."

Leon winced. Everything Victor said was technically valid, but the way he said it... It made him feel guilty, and he didn't even do anything!

...Wait. It's been a while since she left for that call...

Suddenly and wordlessly, he stood up. Everyone's eyes followed him as he made his way over to the door, outstretching a hand to open it. The door handle, a polished brass, was mere finger lengths away, and—

—*SLAM!*

"...Hey, did any of you say or do something?!"

Leon flinched back as Sonia beat him to the chase and flung the door open from the other side, popping into view. She had on a worried expression, her ginger hair bouncing to and fro as she repeatedly glanced behind her.

"No...?" he replied, confused by her behavior. "Anyways, did you see Lilias out there?"

His childhood friend frowned at this.

"...Did I see her?" she repeated, voice low; it was intimidating. "Yeah, I did! She left—and that's why I'm asking if anybody here said or did something!"

Lilias left?

...I mean, she did say she had to go, but I thought she'd just gone out to answer the phone call.

"Well, she did say she had to go home," he relayed part of his thoughts. Sonia relaxed at this.

"Oh, really?" she breathed out; a sheepish smile came afterwards. "Yeah, okay. S-sorry, I'm being overprotective of her since it's been so long. She's not like how she used to be, though, so I shouldn't..."

How she used to be? Leon was curious, but didn't press for more information.

"...Anyways!" Sonia moved on, shaking to rid herself of the previous conversation. "I asked her if she wanted to join us for our coffee outing tomorrow, but she said she already has plans." She then sighed, pouting. "A big shame, really."

Leon didn't vocalize it, but he was disappointed as well. Lilias was the first person he's met outside of his established circle of friends (most of which were really co-workers, if anything) that treated him normally (well, she was nervous initially, but it wasn't that bad, and they patched things up by the end). He was curious about her, and felt like as a newcomer to his life, she was the perfect person for him to practice his socialization skills on.

...Yup, all as part of his goal to reclaim his personal life. Definitely not because of anything else.

"Hey, you guys've been taking a while with the food. You need a hand?"

"Ugh, please. I told gran not to make so much..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 2.8K 34
Credit to the artist who drew that Bede art. "Shut up, be glad I went easy on you instead." -Bede You are Y/N L/N, you took on the gym challenge in t...
6.9K 116 14
Y/n L/n has became Galar's Fire Type Gym Leader after taking Kabu's place. Motostoke Gym is quite a great place although Y/n and their Pokรฉmon can us...
402K 8.9K 96
Champion Leon Will Be Ready, The People All Around The World Will Bear Witness, When Champion Of Alola And Alolan Queen Will Fight Side By Side...
11.9K 216 31
Sequel to Champion's Sword, Galar's Shield Reunited once more, Cassandra and Leon embark on their next journey together--taking on the Kalos Gym Chal...