Midnight Memories

By CallmeCristine

• An Eremika Vampire Au The moon turns Vermilion The horror and nightmares Keeps her... More

MIDNIGHT Memories
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 [Bittersweet]
Epilogue [Would they be able to have their happy ever after now?]
Final Note

Chapter 3

358 20 8
By CallmeCristine

Chapter 3

         Hasta el fin, I will love you for the rest of this eternity.

Humans are fascinating specimens, the finest one. They were the highest in the lands of Earth, they manage the world because they own it yet they are the only living organism in the world to pay for living. They pay for their studies, they pay for their foods, and every basic thing on Earth.

Some of them are savages, some of them were kind. They were all different with each other, some eat meats from animals and some fed on the flesh of humans just like them. As years pass by the population in the world grow, crimes happen, wars happened, invasion happened, rules happened, the world war happened, deaths happened. It's an evolution.

People began making theories of humans existence, they made a lot of studies to sattisfy their growing curiousity. Everything has it's own explanation, even when it rains fishes or when it rains blood everything has explanation.

So how can they explain this? The bizzare happening around them? The scientist still didn't explain everything and if they released a statement that it was from a specie called vampires, the media would laugh at them.
Vampires are just stories, they are not true but what do they know, we only discover five percent of the ocean maybe it's the same thing as that.

The next day she woke up feeling dejected and sore. She wake up feeling like a mess, sweaty as usual with more nightmares she could count and somehow couldn't remember, some of them were just Vogue things and even when she goes to therapist before , they all ended up saying that she needs to go to the mental hospital because she is sick in the head.  As she take in her surroundings, Mikasa remembered a memory of yesterday night. She shook her head in annoyance, finding it useless to stood here and do nothing. She immediately went outside after she slap herself to know if she's fully awake now. She open the door of her balcony and immediately go outside, the sunlight touched her skin. It's warm sunlight wake her up completely, then she look at where the dead body is yesterday night.

It was not there, there's no traces of blood there and all she could see was people walking around normally as if there is nothing then she look at her side, to see the other apartment with it's windows open too.

"Don't tell me that man in the other room is a freaking dream too?"  She took a deep breath.
" I'm losing my mind. "

And as much as Mikasa want to confirm if the man in the other apartment was real or not , she stop herself from doing so. She might be wrong and she doesn't want that. She went back inside of her house and click her tongue , biting her lower lip she goes to the kitchen to make a tea for herself, she sat on the sofa and put on her food, containing rice with sesame seeds, bacon and a glass of water. She took the remote control to open her television, going for the news T.V again for another confirmation.

     :News Reporting live from Mitras studio, we have Miss Historia Reiss to confirm the incident. miss Historia?

              : Yes, Miss Ymir I'm here at Shiganshina right now at Maria City and this is where the incident happen. The body is collected by the medical team earlier this three a.m when an unknown man contacted them. Based on the observation of the medical team the dead body also died the same method as the others had died. The investigation team is investigating at this very moment.

: Miss Historia, be safe there alright? We don't know what might happen next.

                 : Noted Miss Ymir, I'm with my cameraman right now….and be safe too.

She turned off the news t.v after that, blinking in realization. She sip her tea and look outside.
" I thought I was dreaming, then maybe the guy who reported it is my neighbor. Now that I think about it," she gasp, remembering what he had done yesterday night. " He killed that vampire."

She look outside again, deciding that she will be a good owner to her body today and take herself out for an exercise. She went inside her bathroom and out on a sports bra and a leggings. She's not the most feminine woman you will see out there but she has curves and abs and she's amazing just the way she is. Mikasa is queit proud of her body and was never afraid to show it off.  She look at the table wherein she out her phone when it rang, she immediately go and get it and see the caller I.d to be Sasha, her best friend. She Tap the answer bottom and press the loud speaker for the girl to speak.

"What is it, Sasha?" She ask while she was combing her hair. " Got something to tell me?"

"I saw the news, what the heck bitch someone died in your area?" Sasha's loud voice almost pierced her ears plus the echo of her phone which queit indicate that their connection is not very good. " You better leave that place."

"Where the heck am I supposed to live then?"   She sigh,
" Appartment's are expensive in Sheena and Stohess is even more expensive. "

" Well, don't you have funds?"

"I do, Oh wait." She turned around and look at a certain drawer in her room.
" Well, I guess I could invest."

"By the way, Mr. Smith wants you at the office at ten a.m today. I think he had something to say to you. He doesn't seem like he is in a bad mood when he told me so I guess it's fine but seriously, if you did something then I don't know."

" I didn't, it's probably about the other application that I submitted to him after he tell all of us to submit a new application if we want to work to his new branch."

" Right, that completely escape my mind." Sasha replied from the other line,  Mikasa look up feeling a little dizzy and all of a sudden as she saw a blue butterfly flying around her house. She look at the blue butterfly, it continue to fly around her house. It's wings gently flipping from side to side. The blue butterfly continue to fly around as she observed it, it was just an average size butterfly and could only be seen if your closer to it just like her. Mikasa watch as the small butterfly landed on the ceiling but almost shouted when the lizard devour it infront if her.

_________________________________

" It's just the cycle of life, sometimes when the blood tree couldn't give us what we need. We find another alternative, wether if it's a human blood or an animal blood. It  matter  but almost like it doesn't matter anymore, as long as we have blood to drink then we will be fine."

" Are you implying we could be greedy with blood because it is our nature."

" No, my child. Anything too much can cause our death. That's why we have the blood tree, so we wouldn't eradicate the existence of other living things that has blood.  The blood trees are our strength."

________________________________

A strong sensation of pain began to enter her brain, it almost felt like she's banging her head on a nearby wall, it felt like it was cracking open.

" Shit!" She said as she hissed in pain, massaging her head to ease the pain.

What was that? What was those voices? What the heck is happening to me?  She was almost tearful as she sat on her sofa to calm hersekf and to ease the pain she was feeling in her head.

_________________________________

He had a lot of responsibility at his shoulders, some were almost imposible to accomplish and some that are just easy that he could do the on one sitting. Being a king wasn tthe best thing at all, sure he lives in a big palace and he ruled over the lands but he was not as good as his father. As a ruler, he had a lot of failure that angered a lot of people especially that he was the cost if his own father's death.

The death brought a toll of responsibilities on his back, at the you get age of One hundred he became the king of Vampires. Being one hundred as a vampire is considered very young, they were view as naive young children who doesn't know thing about life even when they live older than some old humans. When his father passed away, he became a king and people began rebelling because they don't like children to command over them.

It was stressful but he had the young Lady of the Ackerman Manor to help him out and thus he promised to marry her.  The Mother Queen and the Ackerman's were happy about it except for one, the Oldest son of the Ackerman Manor.

'My king, Lord Ackerman wants to see you.'   His right hand man, Floch Forester talk to him through telephaty. He sigh in annoyance,  He knows him.

He just want to annoy him and to make him come back and forth to the human world and to their world. He doesn't even know if he wants to continue their little feud for another set of millennium.  CTell him that I'm busy. '

He replied, he found come back and forth in the palace but he won't show up to him.
'Done sir. He left.

' Eren is pretty sure that he had a big scowl on his face when he left the palace. He look at his surroundings, his new apartment is pretty clean and affordable. He had money but a lower price is better if it's only an apartment he will only stay for a month. He sat on his single sofa and cross his legs while sipping a black bitter coffee.

The woman on his neighboring appartment -- to his horror look awfully alike his dead wife. Talk about ghosts of the past. Eren could only shake his head, it was like a horror with a refreshing touch which doesn't seem to make any sense at all but that's what he felt when he first saw her. Imagine seeing the ghost of your wife on somebody else, a nightmare. He tilt his head to the side when he felt his neck stiffen.

" Ah shit, I think I need another type of tea. An Earl grey with blood to boost me maybe?"

He went to his kitchen and began preparing tea for himself when he heard someone scream on the other side of the wall.  He look at the wall confusingly, as if he was digging a hole in it to see the other room.

" It's too early for someone to scream at the top of their lungs."

He said as he sip on the tea that he.made.

" I'm pretty sure some vampires is not dumb enough to attack early in the morning."

Although, he may not approve of those rebel vampires, he knew they won't attack a human early because the whole city is awake at this time and they would be discovered. The young man decided to leave his room and knock on the other appartment.
Although, he know he would see the same face he always See's in his dreams and the thought of it somehow makes his cold heart feel warm. He hesitated, he wants to knock but at the same time he doesn't. When he was about to knock, the door opened to reveal a woman with brown hair and blue eyes looking at him with a puzzled look.

" Yes, you need something young man?" The woman ask him with a raised eyebrow and base on what she's wearing, she must be an attorney or an office worker.

He gaped like a fish infront of the older woman and shakes his head.
" I thought I heard someone screaming." 

The older lady raised an eyebrow.  " Ah, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I just saw a big mouse and I screamed in shock. Sorry, it must've been awful to hear that."

The older lady smiled at him, he shakes his head.

"It's alright." He smiled but before she officially left the older lady speak again.

"Be careful when you go outside, they said the killer is just lurking around and finding it's victim."
The young man nodded and made his way back to his room.  He sat in his study table and think for a while. The rebel vampires must've chosen this place to be their nest, He must cought them immediately and give them punishment, A vampire is only allowed to drink from animals, the blood tree or either their significant other. They can't drink blood from a human who isn't destinied for them. A human partner happen so rarely that it was deemed as One in One million which is extremely rare for them to have. They said the human blood is west and even sweeter when the human is your significant other.

Eren look at the other door right beside his apartment, the woman living there had the same face as his dead wife. He raised an eyebrow, he heard the screaming
double than normal so he figured, they must've screamed at the same time.          

                       ⊙﹏⊙

Screenshots from the Episode
" Two Brothers "

     [ My beautiful Baby 🥺 ]

[ Ok, but I found this scene Hilarious for some weird reason. ]

[ I really can't take Aot seriously Can I? Even when the episode is really gruesome, I can't stop myself from laughing. 😭😭 It's so annoying ]

[ I need serious help for laughing ]

[So the founder, doesn't have an eye? When I saw it, I had to post the video because of this!!!!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 1.4K 26
This is a sequel to my first book, The Vampire King's Mate, as many have asked for one. --------- This story takes place a few years after the weddi...
48.8K 1.4K 39
An Undertale fan gets reincarnated into the Alphatale Multiverse. Will they use the knowledge gathered from their first life to their advantage? Or w...
355K 13.2K 40
PLEASE READ BEFORE GETTING INTO THE STORY Description: Your name is (Y/n) and you are originally from an au called Dreamtale! Your life hadn't been...
175K 6K 22
《Confirmed. Reconstructing the spirit...『Gamers mind』 has been acquired. Report. 『Gamers mind』 and 『Gamers body』 evolved into one skill category: 『G...