paper bag // little nightmares

By vestiree

(name) found themselves in a strange forest, alone, at the beginning of it all. with no memories to recollect... More

- a/n
- lost and found
- chase
- pale city's school
- adventures alone
- together again
- the doctor
- the thin man
- we'll meet again
small ch. 13 !?

- the boy

738 19 3
By vestiree

    i woke up. i can't tell if it's already been a day, or..

sighing, i looked around the room.

it's already been a three weeks since i came in this house. i figured out how to get up into the attic, i've figured out how not to starve or dehydrate to death.

looking around the room, i had gotten used to it. although i drew some on the walls, counting my days down in this hole. 

it originally had 19 days written on the wall, but i added more to it.

i had almost forgotten; in those days i had met a child. another boy seemingly my age.

we had been.. friends, was it? right.

although, a tall, skinny, dark man reappeared then disappeared, taking my friend along with him.

eventually the hunter found out i had been living here, and kept me locked up in a basement losing my own mind.

fortunately, he gave me a music box. i'm at least thankful for that.

of course, it wasn't long before i started staring at the music box.

i felt drawn to it, like a mother opening her arms for a hug.

sitting down, i grabbed the lever, turning it.

the tune was the same as yesterday.

i kept turning it, distracted. i barely even heard the thud from the other room as i continued to turn the lever.

the tune kept playing. all of a sudden, a memory popped up into my head. it was-

BANG

my eyes darted towards the sound.

BANG

i saw a human, the same height as me.

but this human was destroying the door with an axe.

BANG

i accidentally threw the music box away when i hurried to hide under the table.

CRASH

with that last strike, the door - well, not entirely - was destroyed. the human the same height as me dropped their axe.

gulping, i crawled back as the human reaches out to me.

i swear i heard "it's okay. i won't hurt you." from them as they motioned for me to come closer.

i stared at the holes through the paper bag they wore over their head.

after a few seconds, i realized that they might have had their act on, and they might harm me.

i slowly crawled towards the human. they appeared to be a boy.

he had his palm open, practically saying that he wants to be friends.

i reached out to his hand; his head seemed to perk up at my sign.

i prepared to sprint upstairs.

grabbing his hand, i moved the boy aside and sprinted.

stopping at the middle of the stairs, the boy was rushing to follow me. "hey!" he called, but i went upstairs.

i reached the corner, and i stopped for a second, panting. it felt like i hadn't had exercise since forever.

the boy was approaching me, so i set off again once he had gotten close.

the door was open, and i sprinted through it and the decaying corpses. climbing the drawer to reach the other room, i fell.

the vent was pretty from the ground, so that was a rough impact.

looking up, i saw the rope again. i jumped up, reaching for the rope.

the boy had already followed me.

when i fell, i had to be ready to run from him if he does mean danger.

the boy approached slowly and calmly, with his hands gesturing me to calm down.

i gulped. maybe i was wrong.

i could use his help, though.

i looked up, the rope wasn't too high up for two children.

i motioned him to come closer. the boy seemed to have an idea of what i was planning on when i put my hands together as a gesture that i was ready to boost him up.

my pov!!

the boy slowly approached the (h/c) haired child, careful not to trigger their fight or flight instinct.

putting his hands on her shoulders, the boy - or, mono - carefully stepped on the child's hand.

(name) had lifted him up, and mono jumped, grabbing the rope. (name) jumped, grabbing his legs, pulling him back to the ground with a thud.

the rope had been pulled, and the hatch finally opened.

(name) heard loud footsteps coming from behind. they urged the other child to climb up, and the child did, with (name) following behind.

they were inside the attic now.

there were mannequins with their heads taken apart, mirrors, closets, boxes.

mostly boxes, though.

"hey." mono called for (name). they were slowly trusting him, and he wouldn't want to ruin that.

(name) walked up to him, tilting their head as to what he would say to them.

mono pointed at the box in front of the two of them, and he started pushing it.

(name) obviously got the message and helped him push the box until it hit the cabinet.

mono pulled himself up on the cabinet with (name) following after.

the room was big, compared to the room they had been in for the last few minutes. there were still mannequins.

(name) wondered why they kept the mannequins here for. as the boy with a paper bag on his head was trying to figure out what to do, (name) went towards a cabinet.

(name) had planned to do the same, lifting mono up to see what was on the other side of it.

"..hey." (name) whispered quietly, their hands ready to lift someone up.

mono looked at them for a while, confused, before getting the gist of their plan.

holding onto their shoulders, mono stepped onto their hands and jumped. his hands caught the edge of the cabinet, lifting himself up.

mono kneeled on the ground, looking at (name). he didn't want to leave her behind.

the child nodded at him, trusting him not to abandon them. not like there was any way out there other than a 10ft drop out the glass window.

the boy with a paper bag over his head disappeared, going down the other side. (name) sat on the wooden floor, waiting.

hearing a thud, they figured that he had found something. standing up, (name) witnessed the fall of their newfound friend.

the child groaned, the pain of falling first-face was something (name) could understand.

after grabbing mono's arm and helping him get up, (name) walked away and grabbed the lever he had found.

inserting the lever on its correct position, (name) pointed at the yellow object who was hanging on the ground.

there was a key above, to which mono had figured out that he has to get it himself.

mono climbed the large yellow object hanging on the rope as (name) continued turning the lever.

mono jumped, grabbing the key. it wasn't long for the boy to fall. (name) quickly went to his aid, considering that was a large jump for their size.

the key dangled in the air for a bit before falling onto the ground before them. mono stood up, grabbing the key on the floor.

"lock." (name) said quietly, pointing at the key he had and down at the floor. mono nodded, and put the key in his pocket.

mono spent no time as he pulled open the drawer, using as a support getting back downstairs without leaving any of them behind.

mono jumped off the drawer, rushing to get downstairs. (name) followed after, climbing down the ladder to see their friend already unlocking the door.

mono pushed open the door, turning around.

"hey." mono called out, his hand motioning (name) to come with him. (name) had a small smile, walking up to him.

mono grabbed their hand, stepping foot outside. (name) looked around. this place was unfamiliar to them, since they usually go out using the windows.

the children entered another place, full of bear traps, boxes..

this was certainly the person that was setting up the traps. mono was pushing - well, trying to - the box while (name) was looking around.

(name) came and helped him, it was a large one anyway.

the box stopped midway, but enough for a jump. mono lifted himself up on the edge of the box and jumped onto the vent. (name) followed after.

they dropped onto a bunch of sacks, softening their fall. there was someone chopping, probably meat on the other side.

(name) kneeled down to the ground, tugging on mono's sleeve while he was standing, looking at the human.

mono glancer at (name), and they were telling him to be quiet, putting a finger over their mouth.

mono glanced at the child, and crawled towards the other side, with (name) following of course.

mono started pushing a small entrance door just beside the large one, which he struggled to due to the disgusting meat around it, making it stuck.

(name) caught up and started pushing as well. they had successfully pushed the door, but unfortunately made a noise that attracted the human.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 163 24
This is a story about my three favourite racers phayu ###Rain prapai ###Sky Babe ###charlie And the parents 🌹🌹Vegaspete ###phayu❤️❤️❤️❤️Venice �...
65.3K 1.7K 20
I've had this idea for awhile and I finally decided to write it <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> "This story is about a person named y/n just...
7.4K 169 23
Feeling unsatisfied with what happens, you imagine yourself going in and changing it yourself like a child's imagination, when you suddenly seem to f...
874 45 9
Mono is doomed to a time loop after being betrayed by Six, and everyone thought that was where his story ends. But after encountering his younger sel...