š˜š„š‹š‹šŽš–, jackson avery

By nokaratekid

š˜š„š‹š‹šŽš– | "stop smiling, pretty boy." 怋 in which a girl falls for the pretty boy from the other hospita... More

'š‘–š‘” š‘¤š‘Žš‘  š‘Žš‘™š‘™ š‘¦š‘’š‘™š‘™š‘œš‘¤'
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen

sixteen

5.8K 168 9
By nokaratekid

Season 7, Episode 1

"With you I'm born again"

____

"Maeve!" Lexie shouts rushing up to the blonde. Throwing her arms around her shoulders, she takes the blonde by surpise. Maeve has taken a few weeks off, after she was discharged, staying with her brother Charlie in Florida for a bit, and then with her other brother, Nolan, who is still in Seattle.

"You're back." Lexie smiles pulling away. Maeve smiles lightly. "Yeah. How are you?"

Lexie has been put into psych for a while. The now brunette nods, as the two walk down the hallway. "I'm good, better."

"That's great. Sorry, that I didn't call to make sure you were okay. I had to get away from it all for a while." Maeve apologises.

Lexie shakes her head. "Don't apologise. I understand, and I have to say, I did pretty much the same." They walk for a good minute in silence, before Lexie speaks up again.

"Oh, did they tell you? Theres this psych evaluation, to see if we're fit to operate again." Lexie rambles. "It's stupid if you ask me. I mean I'm fine but he just won't sign that stupid paper. Almost everyone else got cleared."

Maeve chuckles. "Don't worry, you'll get cleared soon. I should talk to the guy probably as well, already missed so long."

"Hey." Jackson runs up behind them, looking straight at Maeve. Smiling at the man, Lexie and Maeve greet him back as he falls in step with the two.

"Hi."

"Hello."

"How are you." He asks, looking more at Maeve than Lexie. Maeve nods. "Better. As good as I can be. How are you doing, with everything, I mean?"

"I'm fine, it's still weird, nothing is really the same anymore. I'm probably gonna look for a new apartment, because, you know." Jackson nods walking by Maeve side. Nodding understanding, Maeve looks at the ground before them. "But I got cleared for surgery, so that's a good thing." Jackson smiles.

Lexie groans from Maeve's other side in annoyance. "Way to rub it in my face."

Maeve and Jackson look at the brunette amused, walking down the stairs, to stand amongst the crowd of doctors, who are waiting by the nurses station on Derek and some kind of speech.

With a loud thud the door opens and Derek followed by April, Cristina and Meredith walks inside. While the crowd applauds, Derek walks straight to the stairs, and up some steps to overlook the room.

"Right. Hey, uh, yes, good morning. Thank you. Thank you very much. Good. Thank you. Thank you very much. It's, uh, it's great to be back. First of all, I'd like to thank Dr. Webber for stepping up in my absence. Thank you." Derek looks at Webber who nods proudly, while the Doctors applause once again. "Uh, I'm grateful for all of you, for all of your support during my recovery. Thank you. Uh, it's just, uh, so great to be back as chief. I'm grateful for the, uh..." Derek inhales deeply.

"I'm sorry. That's a lie. That's what people say, and, uh, the truth is..., I hate being chief. I hate it." Derek adimts. Maeve crosses her arm, looking at Derek with furrowed brows. She shares a small look with Jackson before looking back to Derek. "Chief Webber... Chief Webber is our chief. Um... And I'm sorry, but this giant... Sorry, I gotta go look at this chordoma. I, um, I'm sorry, but... I quit. Let's go, Kepner. Come on."

Maeve purses her lips, looking after Derek and April. "That was unexpectedly, expectantly." Jackson throws her an amused look, on which she just shrugs.

____

Maeve leans against the wall, opposite the conference Room, where Dr. Perkins is currently talking to Lexie. Maeve's head shoots up from the ground when she hears the door open, and Lexie rushes outside leaving Maeve no time to ask her how it went, although the paper and big smile on her face gives pretty much enough answer.

"That went well I assume." Mave mutters to herself.

"Yes, it did." Maeve jumps at the new Male voice. "Shit, I didn't see you coming. Sorry."

The man, Dr. Perkins, smiles at the blonde. "You must be Dr. Simmons. Dr. Andrew Perkins, it's nice to meet you." He holds out his hand, which Maeve slowly grabs and shakes. "You too."

Perkins points to the conference room. "Shall we?" Maeve nods, before entering.

Inside Maeve sits down at the table, opposite Dr. Perkins who pulls out a pen and paper. "How have you been? I understand you have been taken some time off."

"I'm good, according to the circumstances, I guess." Maeve nods. "And yes, I have been taking time off."

"You were shot right?" Perkins asks. Maeve nods. "Yes."

Perkins nods, clearly wanting to know more about what happened. "You took that bullet for Dr. Shepherd, I heard."

Maeve nods again, not really wanting to talk about what happened. "Why?" Perkins continues, making Maeve groan inwardly.

"I have a hero complex. Luke  Skywalker, Capatin America kinda, you know." Meave explains grinning.

Perkins sighs. "And are you always hiding your feeling behind movie references and sarcasm?"

"How do you know if I hide my feelings behind movies and sarcasm all the time. It's not like you know me more than the past five minutes." Mave replies, feeling almost immediately sorry for the rudeness.

"The way you used it alone, implies that your using it regularly. It comes easy to you, to be a first time kinda thing." Perkins explains. Maeve sighs leaning back. "Damn psychiatrist." She mutters under her breath.

Perkings chuckles. "So, now that we got over this part, can we have the serious talk now, maybe you get cleared, then."

Maeve nods, leaning forward, forearms on the table. "Okay, ask the questions then."

____

Maeve walks into the hallway, where the other residents sit, after having the talk with Dr. Perkins, and him not clearing her, she hung out in the pit, doing sutures and bandaging legs, stuff she normally would try to avoid to get the bigger stuff.

"Pretty girl is back!" Cristina calls out when Maeve sets foot in sight of the others. Lifting her hand, Maeve waves lightly at the other who greet her with small hellos. Jackson moves on the gurney, he, Meredith and Cristina sit, to the side, to let Mave sit next to him. "What are you guys doing."

"Talking about Cristina's wedding." Meredith replies, grinning widely at Maeve.

"You for engaged?" Maeve asks furrowing her brows. "When?"

"A bit ago." Cristina replies looking through the magazine in her hand. "Why didn't you tell me."

"I tried to call you, but you wouldn't answer." Cristima defends herself, looking up, over Jackson's figure, at Maeve. "Oh." Maeve answers pressing her lips together.

"Wait, you're marrying Hunt, right?" Maeve asks, wanting to make sure that Cristina didn't find a new lover to get married to while Maeve was gone. Cristina looks at Maeve with an raised brow. "Yes."

"Good. Good." Maeve nods to herself. "I dig weddings. I do a mean chicken dance." Jackson says out of nowhere, making Maeve smile brightly. "Me too!" Jackson looks at her brightly, their eyes twinkling excited.

Cristina looks up from the magazine looking straight ahead. "Oh, there will be no chicken dance." She moves her head looking at Jackson and Maeve. "And if either of you start a conga line, I will physically throw you out."

Jackson snorts, while Maeve leans over to him. "We're so gonna start one, right."

"Obviously." Jackson whispers back, smiling mischievously, which Maeve returns, before opening her her paper bag with a sandwich inside.

"I just went to the cafeteria," April announces, walking up to the group. "And some nurse called me Reed, and then said, 'I thought you died'."

Maeve shakes her head, muttering under her breath. "Damn."

"Yeah, you don't go to the cafeteria for lunch. They just point and stare." Lexie replies, from her sat next to the gurney.

"Is that why you dyed your hair?" Cristina asks. "They stare because we should've died."

"Pack a lunch. Keep it in your locker." Lexie advises April. Luckely Maeve did pack her won lunch, not because she knew that people would be weird, but because her bread is almost crossing the expiring date.

Right after April took a seat, Alex approaches. Laughing loudly he holds out a yellow paper. "You are kidding me." Meredith says annoyed. "You got cleared?"

"It's down to you, Yang and Maeve." Alex announces. Jackson looks to his left at Maeve. "You didn't get cleared?"

"He said whe wants to talk to me tomorrow again, then he will clear me." Maeve replies taking a bite. Alex smiles widely. "And then it is down to Grey and Yang."

"This is not funny." Meredith says while Alex sits down. Cristina shrugs. "Well, Perkins is no dummy. He can sense the crazy right under the Meredith Grey surface."

"Again, Cristina, it's not funny because you're not gonna get cleared either, and the two," She looks over to Maeve. "Or three, if Maeve doesn't get cleared, are gonna be serving slushies at the multiplex."

Maeve looks up from her sandwich, when Meredith said her name, watching the conversation.

"Really? I'd choose dermatology over multiplex." Cristina answers. Jackson leans over a bit. "No, I'd go gynecology over dermatology."

"Oh, od course you would. Perv." Cristina replies.

"I think I'd go with psych." Lexie says, eating her bread without looking up, as everyone starts to look at her weirdly. Lexie shakes her head. "That was a joke."

Titling her head, Maeve joins into the fake laughs of the others, not sure what to do.

"Anyway. I don't know what Perkins' problem is with me." Meredith says.

"Maybe he saw your file."

"Maybe he knew your mother."

"Maybe he heard how you told the shooter to shoot you." Jackson says. Maeve looks at Meredith in shock. "What?"

"Not funny." Meredith replies, clearly not wanting to talk about it.

"Not a joke." Jackson answer, continuing eating his salad.

Following his example, Maeve concentrates back on her food, until Dr. Bailey enters the hallway, walking up to the group of residents.

"Dr. Bailey."

"Welcome back."

Bailey stares at them, not replying to any of their greetings. Looking awkwardly back to the ground Maeve purses her lips hearing Alex ask if Bailey was okay.

"I'm happy to see you all." Bailey announces, making Maeve look back up. "Karev, there's a patient in 23-04 that needs an endoscopy. Grey and Yand, surely your paycheck covers more than stuffing your face in the basement. Get to the clinic now." The three move away, and Bailey looks between Jackson and April. "And you two. I'm awful sorry about the loss of your friends."

"Thank you." April answers.

"So are we." Jackson nods.

Bailey looks down at the chart in her hand. "22-13 has a bowel impaction, and I'm sure as hell not about to stick my hands in there." Jackson and April sigh before getting up, the man throwing a last smile at Maeve, before leaving with April.

"Simmons." Bailey says, looking at the blonde. "Hunt wants you down in the pit, so pack that sandwich away and move your tiny butt down there."

Maeve nods smiling, getting up. "Yes ma'am."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 2.5K 75
āš™”š™¤š™Ŗ'š™§š™š š˜¼š™™š™™š™žš™Øš™¤š™£ š™ˆš™¤š™£š™©š™œš™¤š™¢š™šš™§š™®'š™Ø š™™š™–š™Ŗš™œš™š™©š™šš™§. š™”š™¤š™Ŗ š™–š™§š™š š™›š™¤š™§š™—š™žš™™š™™š™šš™£ š™›š™§š™Ŗš™žš™©. š™”š™¤š™Ŗ š™–š™§š™š š™©š™¬š™šš™£š™©š™®-š™›š™¤š™Ŗļæ½...
23.1K 559 28
-šˆš š–š‡šˆš‚š‡ š’š”šž š¢š¬ šžšÆš¢š„ š¬š©ššš°š§š¬ š¬š¢š¬š­šžš« šŽš‘ š€š§š§šš šŠššš«šžšÆ ššš«š«š¢šÆšžš¬ š¢š§ š’šžššš­ļæ½...
6.7K 267 35
*EDITED* sequel to "always enough" when news comes that novella grace develops leukemia, cristina and owen must find a way to care for their child wi...
1.4M 36.1K 98
āI'm not going anywhere, because you're the one.āž She was the fall he had always desired. He was the warmth she never knew she needed. They were love...