Siempre Mío

By m8star

Book 2 Siempre. Always. That's how I thought it would be. That's how I thought we would be. But we weren't... More

author's note
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
epilogue
b o n u s c h a p t e r
Tied to You

t h i r t y f o u r

630 19 7
By m8star

Anastasia POV

"How many of them?"

"Two or three cars. They all look like regular cars but they're definitely following me." Alexei said.

"Good. Just come to the location as planned."

"What if it's an ambush?"

"Let's take our chances and hurry. I need to get back so the girl doesn't die quickly. God knows what those idiots are going to do whilst I'm not there." I rolled my eyes.

I opened my car door and got in, thinking about all the horrific things I would do to the woman who murdered my father.

It felt good to imagine the torture I would bring to her, but I would be even more satisfied if I was there doing it myself.
___________________________

Lorenzo POV

We were driving towards the location and the silence of the drive was slightly
uncomfortable.

"What's the plan Lorenzo? We haven't thought this through."

I scoffed, "I know that Antonio. All I know is that Lucía escaped somehow, and we need to save her."

"And she didn't give you a report on the number of guards there, the exits, nothing?"

"She didn't have the time; it's a miracle
thag she hadn't been caught the second she escaped Javier."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry."

I counted four cars following mine, all of them owned by our men.

The Don had sent them with us to make sure that if a fight was what they were asking for, we would give them a war instead.

"Don't worry about the weapons, I have plenty in the boot of my car." I
told to them, knowing that we were only a few minutes away from the location.

"How much is plenty?" Antonio asked.
___________________________

"Wow. You really meant it when you said you had plenty." Javier stated, letting out a low breath as his eyes widened at the stash of guns and ammunition I had in my car. 

"I like to be prepared." I shrugged.

"Prepared is a few guns and some extra mags, Lorenzo. You have 'prepared' for an entire mafia takedown plus the disarming of six gangs."

"What's your point? I am the second in command for the largest mafia in Europe and you're telling me, what- that it's wrong to be prepared?"

"Lorenzo. You need to relax a little bit. If you're too enraged for this, it could lead to complications that we don't need. Don't let your rage lead your head the wrong way and stop yourself before you do something you regret. We're on your side here, don't forget that. " Javier said to me.

I let out a sigh and closed my eyes as I took a deep breath.

"You're right. Theres no point in me getting all worked up about this. Javier, take your group down this side and scan the perimeter for any guards. This place is hidden with woodlands and we don't want the fight to end up there. Do not engage until they have spotted you. Antonio, take your group down the other side and do the same. I will try to call the number and find Lucía with my group but if you find her first, take her back to the cars and then contact me. Not a second before. We need to ensure her safety before our own."

They both nodded at me and called their groups off quietly, leading them away as my group began to advance towards the building, guns at the ready as we went to the location that Lucía had told me to find her at over the phone.
___________________________

Lucía POV

I stood with my back pressed to the wall, checking around the bend of the building to ensure the guards that would've been stationed there had since left.

With the gun raised near my face, I checked both my left and right side to confirm no one was following me and advanced on.

"там!!"
[translation: there!!]

I turned to see a fist flying towards my face and I ducked quickly as the person let out a cry.

The impact between his hand and the wall behind me had his fist in a bloody mess so I used the time to quickly knock him off his feet and kill him off before any more of his men showed up.

Unfortunately for me, he was already surrounded by many other men and with the limited supplies I had, my supplies being only my legs and my right hand, I was in a bit of trouble.

I looked down and the man's body on the floor and saw the metal of a gun glinting in the moonlight, so I tried to reach for it but was immediately thrown against the wall aggressively.

I felt winded and tried to swing at the man standing in front of me before his large hands pressed themselves against my shoulders, pinning me to the wall behind me.

"держать ее."
[translate: hold her.]

The large man stepped back and took out his phone whilst another man came and kept me pinned to the wall.

I analysed his body language and realised by the look on his face that he was nervous.

The way he stood with his legs slightly apart to ground himself gave me an opportunity that wouldn't happen very often.

I kicked him right in the balls and he dropped me as he groaned in pain. I used it to kick him to the ground then kill him off with the gun I had finally picked up.

Just as I was about to aim and shoot at the large man on his phone, three gunshots from behind me startled me and the gun in my hands almost slipped and fell.

I caught it quickly and ducked, turning in the direction of the shots to see who the shooter was, then realised that none of the shots had been aimed at me.

"Lucía?? Is that you?"

"Don't take another step." I shouted at the person coming towards me, their hood up as they moved closer. "Take the hood off and out your hands in the air."

I aimed the gun directly at their forehead until the hood fell and their hands went up.

"Dios mio, you took your time." I scoffed.

"Yeah well last time we tried looking for you, you didn't want to be found." Lorenzo stated bluntly.

"Fair enough." I shrugged.

"Come on, let's go." He said, turning back the way he came as he pulled out his phone and tapped out a message before pocketing it again.

"Lorenzo, hang back a little. I need to talk to you."

The rest of his group got the message and quickened their pace, stepping a few metres further than us and Lorenzo slowed to match my walking pace.

"I... I know it's been a long time. I have many regrets, and you know that. But I hate the fact that you won't give me a chance."

"I am giving you a chance. You talking to me now is your chance, Lucía."

"You and I both know that this is hardly a chance for me to make things right. There's nothing I can do in this small window of time that could make up for everything that has happened."

"Did you ever think about what would happen if your plan didn't work? If the Russians found you faster than expected and made their move on your entire family?" Lorenzo shook his head.

"That was a risk I was going to have to take. You know that the entire mafia was in more danger with me being there."

"You keep saying the same thing to me Lucía. The mafia would've been in more danger. I know that. But we could've worked it out together."

"I know, amor. I know that, and you're right. I should've spoke to you or my father about it. I could've saved a lot of time. But you have to understand that when I found out that information, I had to make a decision, then and there. I had no time to think about it, I didn't have a few days to sleep on the options I had because there weren't many."

A moment of silence came over us both, and neither of us looked at one another until Lorenzo spoke up.

"I'm sorry."

I turned to him and looked up at him.

"I'm sorry too."
___________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4.5K 46
#3 of the Devilman series. Could be read as a stand alone. He came to our school as a new student from Romania this year and I didn't put much thoug...
VICENZO By Walnut

Short Story

1.4M 37.7K 74
Raised in the Mafia, I have known no other life other than cold calculated violence and discipline. A life where brutality is praised and weakness is...
378K 9.2K 53
𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨: ⸻ 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘴! ❝𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗥 𝗕𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗛...
398K 8K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...