True Love Don't Find Me

By SecretLoveMyEscape

Katy was 10 when her 13 year old best guy friend raped her, now 6 years later she still relives that moment e... More

True Love Don't Find Me
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 part 1
Chapter 5 part 2
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 2

524 12 8
By SecretLoveMyEscape

Author's note: Hey sorry for such the long wait but haven't really had time for uploading and now it's spring break so I'm hanging out with family and sleeping in and excuses excuses. Well I hope you enjoy it anyways and i hope I get more reads and votes and comments:)

________________________________________________________________________________

Katy's POV

I woke up the next day in a daze, I kept thinking of the dream. Of course I was right, I couldn't get to sleep if my life depended on it. After about an hour of tossing and turning I just sort of gave up and stared at the ceiling. Ever since I woke up from that dream I've just been having a sort of bad premonition.
Just nerves I guess, I swear I'm going crazy.

When I turned the next corner I saw my mom, she was cooking breakfast. Something's gotta be up she never cooks breakfast unless she has some bad news. "Morning Mom."

"Morning Honey."

Her face broke into a huge smile, but it was too forced to be real. Her voice was highpitched so I could tell she was nervous. Crap this must be some really bad news. I walked over to the stove and said, "It smells great, what are you cooking?"

"Oh thanks and it's blueberry pancakes."

Oh sh*t last time my mom cooked blueberry pancakes was when my grandma died and my mom was too scared to tell me so my dad had to. I cried in my bedroom for hours.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and sat down at the table. I could tell my mom was scared because her hands were shaking, so I decided to wait for her to tell me when she was ready. I sat staring at the table for a few minutes until a plate was set down in front of me.

It was stacked high with pancakes drenched in corn syrup and there was a few pieces of bacon on the side, also covered in syrup. I picked up my fork and took a huge chunk of the pancakes and tried to cram it in my mouth. My dad walked into the room and started laughing. My mom turned around and once she saw me, started cracking up too. "What's fo thunny?" I said around my mouthful of food.

"You look like a chipmunk!" My mom said wiping tears from her eyes.

"You stocking up for winter Katy?" My dad asked, grinning.

I took a huge gulp of orange juice to swallow my food, and smiled. "Nice you guys, pick on the little guy." They both smiled. I could feel the tension in the air easing, and from the looks of my mom's shoulders she was relaxing too.

My mom and dad looked at each other and something like remembrance flashed through their eyes, in an instant everthing went tense again. I almost choked on my orange juice. "You guys what's going on?" Might as well get it over with. They looked at each other before they both sighed at the same time, ok this is getting really creepy.

My dad spoke first, "Katy your mother and I have something very serious to tell you, we didn't want to tell you at first but we think you should know."

I was so nervous I felt like I was going to pee my pants.

My mom spoke this time, "Sam's moving back."

No I couldn't have heard her right he's not coming back.

She kept speaking, "They put him on probation and said he could move back but he has to stay in his house, he's not allowed anywhere else."

This is a dream it's gotta be. I hadn't realized I'd spoken out loud until my dad spoke.

"Katy I wish it was a dream but it's not."

I looked up into his face but looked down quickly, the pity in his eyes disgusted me. My mom started talking again,

"Don't worry he won't be here for a few days, they still have some paperwork to fill out, but we just wanted you prepared."

"No this can't be true he can't come back, he can't." I was shaking my head,

"Katy he's coming you have to accept it."

"No no no no no."

"Katy please." My mom's voice was pained,

"No shutup! He's not coming back!" I shot out of the chair moving backwards, My mom looked like she was about to cry, she tried to reach out to me but I turned around and ran. I grabbed my bag and shot out the front door. He's not coming back, this is just a dream. I just kept repeating that over and over in my head.

****

Once I started thinking rationally again I realised I was 2 hours late for school. Well I might as well go somewhere else I need to think more anyway. I stopped in front of a cafe. I need some caffeine in me, it helps me think.

I kept going over what my mom told me in my head. Sam was really coming back, I shivered and sat down in a booth. I put my head in my hands and rubbed my temples.

I heard someone clear their throat so I looked up. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I hadn't realized I sat at a table that was already occupied. There was a guy sitting here, he looked about my age he had brown hair with natural blonde highlights and it looked messy but in the purposefully styled way, and the most vivid green eyes I've ever seen. "Oh I'm sorry I didn't notice this table was taken." I stuttered. He just kept looking at me expecting me to leave.

Before I could stand up to leave an elderly looking waitress came over to take my order.

"What'll you have Hun?"

"Coffee's fine thanks." I said looking up at her. Once she left I looked at the boy again, he was pretty hot. He wasn't from around here though I knew that much. My town's so small that everybody knows everybody. Once I realized I was staring at him I blushed and looked down.

"It's ok I don't mind people staring adoringly at me."

My blush deepened, "I wasn't staring at you."

"Oh so looking at someone for 10 minutes straight doesn't count as staring now? My mistake."

My face was in flames, "S-sorry."

He rolled his eyes, "Stop apologizing, it's no big deal, really."

I started to stand up, realizing I wasn't wanted here, obviously.

"Wait, I don't mind the company. I could use some new friends in this dreadful town."

I sat back down, "The town's not that bad...." I didn't even sound convincing to myself.

He quirked his eyebrow at me.
"Okay okay, I'm not really the best person to be pointing out the 'perks' of our small town."

"And why's that?"

"Long story." I stated. Before he could ask me anymore questions the waitress arrived with my coffee. I smiled warmly at her, "Thank you very much."

"So mystery girl, what brings you to this cafe, on what should be a school day? Oh and my name's Zane by the way." He reached out to shake my hand.

I flinched away. He frowned but didn't say anything. "My name's Katy, I just got some news, and needed to take a walk to think."

"What news would that be?"

I looked down at my coffee, choosing my words carefully, " Um a person from my past has chosen to make a sudden appearance back in my life."

"Well you don't give anything away, I'll give you that....."

My phone started ringing suddenly and I looked at the caller ID. *Unknown* I decided to pickup just incase it was one of my parents worrying about me. "Hello?"

"Katydid?"

The color drained from my face and I started to feel faint. I would recognize that voice anywhere. I slammed my phone down almost cracking the screen in the process.

"Katy? Are you all right?"

I looked up at Zane. He looked surprisingly worried about me, for a guy I'd just met. I stood up and walked away without giving a response. I heard him call my name but I just closed the door behind me.

I started walking back in the vague direction of home. I knew now my life would never be the same again. And my chances of getting over what happened to me were nonexistent. Feeling faint, I stopped instantly and someone slammed into my back. I was about to fall on my face but someone wrapped their arm around my waist and caught me. When I turned around I looked into concerned emerald eyes.

"Sorry I didn't see you there."

"Ya I think I got that seeing as my face came in close contact with the sidewalk! What are you doing out here? Are you following me?"

"No I came out here to check on you. Also I'm on my way home."

"Oh." Now I felt bad for yelling at him. He had a wounded puppy dog look on his face. Realizing he was still holding me around the waist, I pushed his arm away.

He just touched me...and my body didn't have a freak out. How strange.

We started walking again in a comfortable silence. After about 20 minutes of him still by my side I spoke up, "So where exactly do you live?"

"Just around the corner here on Aspen street."

"How strange, I live on Aspen street too." We turned onto our mutual street and I stopped in front of my home.

I looked over and saw him stop in front of the house next door. Chills went down my spine, he lives in Sam's old house. I felt a stabbing bolt of hatred flare through me. Calm down Katy, you can't possibly hold that against him! He had no idea who used to live there for God's sake!

I put on the best fake smile I could conjure up, which wasn't very convincing I could tell. "Well lookey here, I guess we're neighbors."

He smiled back at me, showcasing his perfectly white teeth. "This should be fun. Now we can be besties!" He yelled in a higher pitch 'girly' voice.

Now my smile was real. "Goodnight Zane."

"Goodnight Katy. I hope you feel better." He stated before walking into his front door.

I walked inside my house closing the door. Thinking about Zane I felt maybe this was an omen that something good could happen in my life. 'Katydid?' Sam's unwelcome voice hammered into my skull.

Suddenly I couldn't breathe. I bent over ; inhale, exhale. C'mon Katy do your exercises. That's right long deep breaths, calm down.

As my breathing started to come back to normal I dropped to the ground, feeling hot tears streaming down my face.

He would never leave me alone. His voice would always turn me back into the terrified little girl I was 6 years ago.

Who was I kidding? Zane wasn't a good omen, he was just the new kid in town. A very inhumanly beautiful kid, but nonetheless, I couldn't think like that. No getting attached, as soon as he found out what everyone else in this god damn town knew, he'd treat me like a pariah. It was always the same.

I got up and trudged my way to my bedroom, throwing myself on the bed and dozing off instantly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66 0 33
Alexandra has gone through a lot more than a girl her age is supposed to handle. Will she be able to live past them? Or will she let herself get suck...
125K 1.4K 46
ALEXIA SOLARIA Alexia is a part of the Solaria bloodline and is the next heir of their mafia empire. She grew up knowing the Mortifers, who are ruthl...
15.7K 274 17
❝𝚄𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚎 ****! ❞ ❝𝙷𝚎𝚢 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜❞ ----- 𝗦𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘀, an eleven year old from Seattle, bumps into someone from her past. Will...
744 54 12
Alex is a fifteen year old boy who had the worst luck in life. He'd witnessed his parents deaths, he was bounced from foster home to foster home, but...