Liar

By chloelovesafi

Katherine Maybell has lived a life of lying, bullying, and keeping secrets. What happens when Alison is found... More

1 - Pilot
2 - The Jenna Thing
3 - To Kill A Mocking Girl
4 - Can You Hear Me Now?
5 - Reality Bites Me
6 - There's No Place Like Homecoming
7 - The Homecoming Hangover
8 - Please, Do Talk About Me When I'm Gone
9 - The Perfect Storm
10 - Keep Your Friends Close
11 - Moments Later
12 - Salt Meets Wound
13 - Know Your Frenemies
14 - Careful What U Wish 4
15 - If at First You Don't Succeed, Lie, Lie Again
16 - Je Suis Une Amie
17 - The New Normal
18 - The Badass Seed
19 - A Person of Interest
21 - Monsters in the End
22 - For Whom The Bell Tolls
23 - It's Alive
24 - The Goodbye Look
25 - My Name Is Trouble
26 - Blind Dates
27 - The Devil You Know
28 - Never Letting Go
29 - Surface Tension
30 - Save the Date

20 - Someone to Watch Over Me

1K 15 0
By chloelovesafi

"I feel like whole parts of my brain have shut down." Spencer said, as her, Emily, and Katherine walked into the Hastings home. "I used to love algebra or at least I understood it. And now it's a mess."

"Well, it can get really abstract." Emily said.

"Yeah, but that's what I like about it, you know?" Spencer said.

"No, nobody knows, Spence. God, you are weird." Katherine said, pouring herself a glass of lemonade.

"X's, y's, z's, none of it real. I could deal with that. You just isolate the x factor." Spencer said.

"Like how A is trying to isolate you?" Katherine said.

"Yeah, now I feel like I'm the x factor." Spencer said.

"Honey, where were you?" Veronica asked, walking down the stairs.

"We stopped along the way, at Emily's." Spencer said.

"Now, don't worry, I was expecting this. It's mostly about intimidation so I just, I want you to stay calm." Veronica said.

"Stay calm about what?" Spencer asked.

"They served a search warrant." Veronica said, as men started carrying boxes downstairs.

"A search warrant? For where? For what?" Spencer asked.

"The house, the barn, your room." Veronica said.

"My room?" Spencer said, rushing up the stairs.

"No, Spencer, don't interfere." Veronica said, following after her, Katherine and Emily right behind.

They got up to the room and saw men going through her books, journals, clothes, shoes, everything.

"Make them get out." Spencer said.

"I can't. You're a person of interest in a murder investigation. They're just, they're doing their jobs." Veronica said. "In an especially ham-fisted way."

"Well, what are they looking for?" Spencer asked.

"Things to tie you to Ali's murder." Katherine said.

...

"It's so pretty, Hanna. When did he give it to you?" Aria said, as the girls looked at the picture of the jeweled owl that Hanna was showing them.

"He hasn't given it to me. Not yet. I found it. And I wasn't looking for it but I found it and I took a picture and then I just put it back." Hanna said, a huge smile gracing her face.

"Why an owl?" Emily asked.

"It's symbolic." Hanna said.

"Of what?" Emily asked.

"Of our first night in the tent. We heard owls." Hanna said.

"Swooping down to carry off their pray?" Aria asked.

"How romantic, Han." Katherine said, laughing. "But in all seriousness, I'm really happy for you."

"Have you two had another opportunity?" Emily asked.

"Not since he went in the guest room but we do have plans." Hanna said.

"When did that start to happen?" Aria asked, as the four girls watched Paige and Sean sit down, talking loudly with smiles.

"Oh, Em. Don't worry about it. It's totally cool. I mean, the breakup was way messy but Sean's a good guy. I mean, he should be happy. Everybody should be as happy as I am." Hanna said, watching Emily's look change. "You know, maybe I should practice my surprised face when he gives it to me." She said, starting to make a variety of different surprised faces that made the girls laugh.

"Hey, are you okay?" Emily asked, as Spencer took a seat at the table.

"Yeah, we didn't think that you were coming in today." Aria said.

"Does Veronica even know that you're here?" Katherine asked.

"I had to be someplace other than my house." Spencer said.

"Are the cops still there?" Hanna asked.

"They came and went." Spencer said.

"They actually took things?" Aria asked.

"Yeah. They even tried to take some of Kat's stuff but my mom wouldn't let them. But, my mom says that they did it just to shake me up." Spencer said.

"My stuff? What stuff?" Katherine asked.

"What'd they take?" Hanna asked.

"They tried to take some of your clothes and shoes. Things from my jewelry box, stuff from my closet, a couple pairs of shoes." Spencer said.

"Wait, not the Tory Burches." Hanna said.

"Hanna."Aria said.

"No, sneakers. They wanted my laptop but my mom said no, it wasn't in the search warrant and they couldn't have it." Spencer said.

"They should've known that there was no way Veronica Hastings would let them get away with that." Katherine said.

"No kidding." Aria said.

"Look, you guys should know that there's a chance that they might try to pull this on you." Spencer said.

"Search our rooms?" Emily asked.

"My mom says it's a possibility. I'm so sorry." Spencer said.

"This whole situation is nowhere near your fault, Spence." Katherine said.

"Kat's right. It's not your fault." Aria said.

"Yeah. We know who's responsible for this." Hanna said.

"I should've known that that trophy was some kind of trap. It's like I can hear A laughing in my head." Spencer said.

"Does A sound like Jenna?" Hanna asked.

"It's my mom." Spencer said, as her phone beeped. "She wants me to come home. Walk me out, okay?"

"Of course." Katherine said, grabbing her bag and standing up.

"Sure." Emily said.

"Yeah." Aria said.

"Sure." Hanna said. "Aria, come on." She said, as Aria was typing while Hanna, Spencer, and Emily were standing up.

"Just a second." Aria said, finishing her text.

...

"Spence, did I leave my necklace here? The one with the diamonds on it?" Katherine asked, walking into the house.

"Is it a J?" Spencer asked.

"Yeah." Katherine said.

"Yeah, I'll go get it." Spencer said.

"A J? Last time I checked your name starts with a K." Toby said.

"Shut up. An old friend gave it to me." Katherine said.

"Here you go." Spencer said, coming back down the stairs.

"Thank you so much." Katherine said, putting the necklace in her purse. "By the way, you've got cops."

"Yeah, Toby told me. I'm going to bring them coffee." Spencer said.

"Bold move." Katherine said.

"So is that necklace. Secret ex, right?" Spencer said, pouring the coffee into the cops.

"Yeah, he was from Philly." Katherine said.

"I got you something." Jason said, walking into Katherine's room.

"What?" Katherine asked, facing Jason and smiling at him.

"Open it and see." Jason said, handing the box to Katherine.

She opened it and stared in awe. Inside, was a silver necklace with a J on it covered in diamonds. "It's beautiful."

"Just like you." Jason said.

"I love you." Katherine said, pulling the older boy into a kiss.

"I love you too, Kat." Jason said. He put the necklace on her and kissed her again.

"I should go. I told Eric that I'd come over. Bye, Spence. Bye, Toby." Katherine said, walking out of the house.

On her way to her car she stopped and winked at the officers. She noticed one of them adjust his pants and smirked.

...

"You got it wrong." Hanna said.

"We heard what we heard, Hanna." Aria said.

"No, you heard what you heard but you've got it wrong." Hanna said.

"He was talking to another girl and there was a lot of history, you could tell." Emily said.

"Okay, what happened to being all happy for Hanna? Where'd all that go?" Hanna asked.

"Hanna we want you to be happy." Spencer said.

"Well then you shouldn't tell me this because it's not true." Hanna said.

"Look, Han, I've disagreed with a lot of this stuff but it does sound really bad. Talk to Caleb about it. See what he says." Katherine said.

"It's not him, it can't be. They heard wrong, Kat." Hanna said.

"Maybe we are being a little bit paranoid. You know, with all that's going on we're looking at things too closely, we're getting these details but we just can't see the big picture." Spencer said.

"Wow, how hard was saying that, Spence?" Katherine said.

"Guys." Aria said, her eyes widening. They all looked and saw Jenna wearing the owl pendant.

Katherine immediately stood up and walked up to Jenna.

"Hey, Jenna. Its Katherine." She said, before slapping Jenna across the face. Everyone in the cafeteria went silent and watched as Aria picked up Jenna's glasses and put them in the blind girls' hand. "You're a real bitch." She said, before Aria pulled her back to the table.

...

"Caleb's not picking up." Aria said, walking away from Hanna and to where the other girls were in the hall.

"I can't believe him." Katherine said. "Also, ask your boyfriend to cancel my detention."

"No can do. If you get detention with an actual teacher instead of the main detention room, you're screwed. Maybe if you weren't so violent you wouldn't be having detention with Ezra." Aria said.

"Anyways, is she going to text him?" Katherine asked.

"Yeah, she's sending one right now." Aria said.

"What the hell is going on?" Emily asked.

"Either it's exactly what it looks like, which is bad enough, or it's something worse." Spencer said.

"Couldn't it just be two pendants that look alike?" Emily asked.

"Em, there is no way in hell that Caleb and Jenna happened to get the exact same owl pendant." Katherine said.

"Dream on." Spencer said.

"If Caleb hurts Hanna, he's a dead man." Emily said.

"He already did." Katherine said.

"I gotta go." Emily said.

...

"Passing her information? What kind of information?" Emily asked.

"What was on the flash drive?" Aria asked.

"I couldn't see but it could've been anything." Spencer said.

"But I bet it wasn't just anything. Hanna, you said that you told Caleb everything about yourself. He probably gave all that info to Jenna." Katherine said.

"Caleb the hacker." Aria said.

"Is that who Toby heard Jenna talking to when she wrote down the number?" Emily asked.

"I wouldn't be surprised." Katherine said.

"Okay, Katherine, you have zero room to talk. Ian killed Alison and you're still parading around town with him at your side!" Hanna said.

"Ian did not kill Alison." Katherine said.

"Guys, let's just focus on Caleb right now." Emily said.

"2-1-4 has to do with Caleb?" Aria asked.

"You know what you're saying, right?" Emily asked.

"That Jenna plus Caleb equals A." Spencer said. 

"No! He can't be doing this. Whatever it is, it can't be this. And it can't be her." Hanna said. 

"Hanna, no one wants this to be true." Spencer said. 

"But all signs point to A being Caleb and Jenna." Katherine said. 

"Has he called you back?" Aria asked. 

"Not yet." Hanna said. 

"And nobody's seen him in school since this morning." Spencer said. 

"You don't know what this would mean if it's true." Hanna said. 

"Hanna, we do know." Emily said. 

"Wait, Hanna." Spencer said, as Hanna walked away. 

"Wait, Spence, don't. Aria said. 

"She just needs time." Katherine said. 

...

"Where were you all morning?" Aria asked. 

"Walking. Just walking." Hanna said. 

"So it's true?" Emily asked. 

"Yeah. It's all true." Hanna said. 

"That lying son of a bitch. I'm going to kill him." Katherine said, making a move to leave the bathroom and find Caleb but Hanna grabbed her arm. 

"Please don't, Kat." Hanna said. 

"Okay." Katherine said quietly, nodding. 

"Where's Spencer?" Hanna asked. 

"Home." Katherine said. 

The bathroom door opened and Jenna walked inside. The girls stayed quiet went they saw her and Aria and Katherine exchanged glances. Jenna was still sporting a bruise on her cheek from Katherine's slap. 

"Come on." Aria said, grabbing Katherine's hand and leading the girls out of the bathroom. 

"Hanna." Emily whispered, as Hanna stood still and watched Jenna. 

"I just wanna talk to her." Hanna whispered. 

"Hello?" Jenna said, as Hanna approached her. Hanna stayed quiet, not knowing what to say. "Yes?" Without thinking, Hanna slapped Jenna, knocking the glasses off of the blind girl. 

Hanna picked up Jenna's glasses and put them in Jenna's hand. "This is Hanna. Incase you couldn't guess." Jenna stayed silent as a tear ran down her cheek. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 36 19
This story takes place in the town of Rosewood. We see the liars after they've graduated. Alison disappeared a week before Graduation and Emily, Han...
22.5K 440 23
We all keep secrets. Big Secrets, Little Secrets. Sometimes we share the burden and sometimes we don't. Either you do expect some crazy person to mak...
250K 7.8K 75
Alison Dilaurentis, the new one in here. Shy, unconfident, betrayed. Emily Fields, mysterious, does whatever she wants, doesn't care about anything. ...
10.1K 352 35
"𝘔𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘮 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥...