The Betrothal of the 25th

By xoxo_dani_xo

Stephanie Cadmus, a seventeen-year-old, isn't given any other choice than to get married to a CEO because of... More

Characters
Welcome to my life
Daddy Dearest
Crazy Twin
Face Claim
Caught red-handed
Breakfast na national cake
Personal Assistant

Meeting my fiancee

18 7 17
By xoxo_dani_xo

Hey guys. I'm back for now. Sorry for going MIA. I just resumed school and it hasn't been easy at all because I would have to get to school before 6 A.M and I'd leave school around 4 and go for lesson till 6, then I'd get home around 7.30. My phone also has issues and I'm hoping to change it soon. I know all these excuses aren't enough reasons to leave y'all hanging but I'm really sorry. Updates would be on Fridays or Saturdays every week.

N

ew cover in the media above. I made it myself. Its the first successful cover I'm making. Let me know what you think about it in the comments

So, tag your friends and tell a friend to tell a friend to check this book out.

Song for the chapter: Lovely by Billie Eilish (with Khalid)

NOT EDITED

Stephanie's POV

I left his room in a hurry and saw a WhatsApp message almost immediately. I rushed downstairs and grabbed my car keys. My parents might not be the best but they don't exactly deprive me of good things just that they treat Stephen better. There are times I get jealous of him and I cry myself to sleep because I've never gotten the most important thing I need.

Love from my parents.

"Small madam, good morning o", Musa, our gateman for almost 15 years, greeted me showing off his brown teeth. I smiled at his kind gesture and replied him.

"Good morning, Musa. The number one Musa. Any other Musa is a counterfeit", I said playfully and smiled at how his smile had gone wider. I was scared his mouth would be in pains.

"Small Madam, thank you oo. You dey go out? Make I help you open gate?", He asked almost running towards the gate. I smiled again. He always knew how to make everybody laugh, even my parents.

"Yes, I dey go out. Abeg help me open gate. I wan go meet pesin for school and I wan just enjoy myself today sha. Make I relax before I go collapse", I told him truthfully.

"Haaaa. Small Madam, that kain thing dey do me too like 2 weeks ago but I drink one Agbo and e no do me like that again. Shey make I help you buy am? The pesin dey pass here every day. But no worry about money. I go use my money buy am for you because you and Oga Stephen dey always nice to me", he said the last part with tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

"Musa, no cry na. We go talk when I come back in the evening. And no buy the Agbo for me. I go just buy sleeping drug so I go fit relax wella but go open gate for me fast fast. I no wan late", I reminded him, urgency obvious in my tone.

"Sorry, small madam, he apologized and ran to the gate", I just laughed at his behaviour and slid into my Toyota Camry. You might be wondering why I didn't have a posh car like all the rich kids around.

Yup.

My parents decided not to get me a car but I just used my life savings to get something that I could carry around to avoid entering cabs or ordering Uber all the time. Besides, I'm not plucking money from the tree. I can't afford to be spending like ten thousand naira on different Uber drivers everyday. It's not done like that. My father might be as rich as Dangote but his only priority is Stephen. I gently manoeuvred my way out of the gate and stopped right out of the gate before Musa closed the gate and gestured for him to come closer. I dipped my hand into my purse and gave him 10k.

What? Why are you giving me that look?

I might not want to spend 10k on Uber drivers but I can spend it on Musa. He deserves it. His mouth went wide in shock and I just smiled.

"Small madam, it be like say you know say my wife just call me say no food dey for house dat pikin go chop. I just dey think how I go dey beg oga make him give me early salary. Small madam, na angel you be o. God go dey bless you for me. Even the agbo I talk say I go help you buy wit my money, I don dey think where I go find am", he said truthfully.

"Musa, this is very small compared to what you actually deserve. There is no need to thank me na. I would withdraw more money for you on my way back home. But this is already 29th of November.  My dad is meant to have paid you but don't worry, we would talk more when I come back in the evening", I said, checking my wristwatch.

"Okay, small madam. God go bless you for me o", he prayed.

"Amen, Lisa. Bye bye", I waved and drove off. I saw him wave back through the rear view mirror. I connected my phone to the car's Bluetooth and immediately, Baby Riddim by Fave came on and I began to sing along.

Steady your face jorr for me.

I wanna take a picture so this could last longer for me.

Take my secrets guard them like precious money

I never wanna hear you cry so i write songs for you.

I believe

Yes, I believe

I'm falling for you like a thief,

weak in the knees

Cos when I see you

I fit to steal the keys to your heart again.

I believe

Yes, I believe

I'm falling for you like a thief,

weak in the knees

Cos when I see you

I fit to steal the keys to your heart again.

My baby bad

My baby good

My baby all the things I need

My baby buss up the silence o.

Just then, my phone rang and cut my singing off. I checked the screen and saw that it was an unsaved number and just declined the call.

All these MTN people just like disturbing people. They stopped using 3 digit numbers and switched to phone numbers. Nonsense. I hissed as the number called back and I declined again.

Leave me alone na. Is it by force to pick up ni?

Glad that the number didn't call again, I stopped as I sighted the traffic light showing red. I sighed for the hundredth time today. I rested my elbow on the door and put my hand under my chin while trying to think about my family. Why did my parents hate me so much? And to think they hate me to the point of wanting to give me out for marriage at the age of 17. My train of thoughts was interrupted when I heard the horn of different cars behind me. I raised my eyes to the traffic light and saw that it was on green. I immediately stepped on the accelerator and decided to stop at Chicken Republic for breakfast. I turned left and drove for like 2 minutes and my stomach rumbled once I spotted Chicken Republic ahead. I drove to the parking lot and parked almost hitting someone's Porsche. I pressed the brakes immediately.

Omo, my father might be rich but I can't afford this o. Make I dey my dey.

I laughed at my crazy thoughts. I got out my car and walked towards the door. I stopped to greet the security man but he just looked at me like I was trash and that action made me look at my self from head to toe.

"Good morning", I greeted him trying to make my presence known to him.

"Read the sign on the glass door", he said rudely. I raised my head and read it out loud.

"No face mask no entry", I said out loud.

"So, either you use one or get your filthy self out of my sight", he dismissed me like he was shooing a goat.

Haaaaa. Emi, Stephanie? Omo Ibadan? I've suffered in this life o. See how he talked to me like that.

I wanted to walk away but I decided to try something.

"Wow. I can't believe you just talked to me like that? Do you know who I am?", I asked, dramatically clapping my hands and shaking my head.

"I don't care who you are. Just walk out of here before you're dragged back to the dump you belong", he responded again.

"Haaaaaah", I exclaimed. I brought out my phone and showed him a picture of my dad. "Do you know this man?", I asked him with a sly smirk playing on my lips.

"Yes, that is the famous Pastor Dele Cadmus and why are you showing me his picture?", he asked, probably annoyed. I swiped to a picture of Stephen.

"You know him too right?", I asked. "Of course, I know him. He's the Pastor's son and he's also a basketball player and a model:, he replied.

I decided to show him our family picture. I watched as his face became pale.

"My God. You're his daughter. Wow. Oh my God. I'm so sorry ma'am" he started apologizing profusely.

"Yes, I'm his daughter. So, who belongs to the dump now?", I asked.

He said nothing but immediately opened the door for me to enter and I almost ran inside but prevented myself from doing so. I walked straight to the counter and placed my order and walked to a table close to the glass window. In 5 minutes, my food was brought and I immediately started eating. I was eating jollof rice, my favourite. I rushed my food and then my phone rang when I was about to pick up my chicken. It was the same number that called when I was driving. I picked the call deciding to pick up the call and waste the person's airtime.

"Hello", I heard the person's thick baritone voice boom from the other side of the phone.

Haa. Na pesin pikin be this?

"Hello", I croaked out. "You should really take it easy on the food, dear", the male voice said and chuckled. My eyes bulged out and I started searching round the room for the person.

"Him, who are you and how did you get my number", I questioned still looking around. "Turn around and I'd answer all your questions. I complied by standing up and turning around. There I was, standing face to face with an extremely handsome specie. My breath hitched and I looked at him with so much admiration in my eyes and I suddenly remembered that I was getting married to Jeff soon do all of this wouldn't matter.

"Take a picture. It'd last longer, sweetheart", he replied cockily while smirking at me. My smiled immediately turned to a frown and I hissed.

" I need answers to my questions and do not call me sweetheart if you ever want to have babies in the future", I threatened him.

Vawulence is the key!

"Take it easy na. Somebody cannot play with fine girl in peace ni", he asked, rolling his eyes. I wasn't someone to take words like that to heart. I rolled my eyes at him too.

"Speak before you become dumb", I threatened again.

"Haaaaah. Boss, dey calm down na. I'm only here to introduce myself to my future wife", he said nervously.

Future wife?

Jeff??

Maybe he's Jeff

Maybe he isn't .

My eyes searched around for cameras, thinking it was a prank.

"Stop looking around like a lost puppy. I believe your father has explained a of this to you", he began, making himself comfortable opposite the chair I was previously occupying. "I am Jeff Adeokun, CEO of Jeff Coven".

My hand flew to my mouth and I was dumbstruck. "So, you're my future husband?", I asked stupidly.

"I was told you were smart but this question just made me know you aren't", Jeff said.

A/N:

Word count: 2077 words

Stephanie finally met Jeff. What do you think about how they met?

And Stephanie hasn't served Seun breakfast yet😂😂. The next chapter would be all about that.

What do you think about how Stpehanie treated Musa?

I think it's really good because not everybody is nice and respectful to their household staff. I mean, they're human and so are we. So why treat them like animals?

I love the way Stephanie treated the Security guy at the restaurant. Vawulence is the key.

See you next week Friday or Saturday.

Vote, comment and share.

Dani💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 337 9
صدفهّ وصرتي اجمل الصدف .. انت عينايّ هديل .. عبدالاله .. اول روايه لي اتمنى تعجبكم 🤍 الكاتبه : الهديل ✍🏻
36.6K 1.2K 49
bongleni short stories! All of the short stories published in "Fated to Love You" will be transferred here.
10.9K 357 3
مدينه مباح فيها كل شي بالاضافه إلى المشي في الشارع عراه او حتى النيك في زقاق الشوارع و أمام العلن
25.1K 1.8K 28
« ហឹក អ្ហឹក ៗ ខ្ញុំមិនចង់បានបែបនិងទេ ខ្ញុំចង់ឲ្យប៉ាស្រឡាញ់ខ្ញុំក្នុងនាមស្នេហាមិនមែនរវាងប៉ាកូន » « រវាងយើងទៅមិនរួចទេជុងគុក ប៉ាមិនបានគិតលើឯងលើសពីចំណងប៉...