Trolls world tour Barb x read...

By Potter_Hanna

Once upon a time there were two trolls; Y/N and Poppy. They are sisters. Together with a grumpy troll named B... More

1: introduction
2: Y/N and Poppy's shenanigans
3: the world of music
4: the secret plan
5: flashbacks
6: evil schemes
7: friends?
8: leaving lonesome flats... or not at all
9: Barb-arians
10: trust
11: meeting a new perspective
12: Accepting the facts
13: Perfect for me
14: blood is thicker than water
15: backstage
16: the flop
17: Let me hear you
18: United
19: new era
20: misunderstandings
21: hard work
22: technical issues
23: feelings and color
24: let's party, people!
25: nightmares
26: everybody wants to rule the world
27: missed messages
28: communication problems
29: I'm coming out
30: haters gonna hate
31: That's kinda.... Ya know
32: Meetings meetings
34: Be my Valentine
35: trouble in paradise
Part 36: hopeless romantics
37: girlfirends dad
38: Quick fix
39: Record
40: Chaos and cries
41: Sound of silence
42: in sickness and in health
43: told you so
44: liar liar
45: Pride and other plans

33: Y/N and Barb, sitting in a tree...

849 20 6
By Potter_Hanna

Y/N POV:
I slightly wake up. I don't open my eyes, I keep them closed but I feel the nice comfortable warmth from Barb and snuggle into her side and I let out a content sigh. I then hear a similar sigh and I lean my head up and slightly open my eyes to see Barb smiling down at me and I close my eyes and laugh airily.
-How long have you been awake? I ask.
-Just a few minutes... ten... fifteen, Barb says and then I hear some ruckus from the tv that sits across from the bed. I squint my eyes open and see some reality show of a chef on the tv on a very low volume. I then take a deep breath and stretch before I lazily open my eyes. I then just look up at Barb with admiration. I do that for a minute since she is watching the tv, before she looks back at me. She carefully pets my hair and I just stare at her. I then look at her lips and once again think about what it would be like kissing her. I bet it would feel really weird since her lips can be really chapped and she hates having to use chapstick.
-Like what you see? Barb chuckles.
-Of course, I flirt back.
-What time is it? I interrupt the moment as I feel my face blush.
-Uh it's about 1? Barb says and looks at her phone.
-Alriiight well what do you say we do something for the day? I ask and sit up.
-But we are doing something, Barb whines and points at the tv show the chef is yelling at a contestant. I look at her with an unimpressed look.
-Barb this isn't "doing something". Come on let's go out, look at some shops and restaurants, I try to urge her and she tries to pout her way out.
-Ok let's finish this show and then I want to find you a nice shirt, I walk my fingers up her arm and then boop the side of her nose. She makes a victory gesture as she turns back to the tv. I take one last look at her relaxed face and lips before I look at the tv too and at least try to pay attention and not think about her too much. But it's hard, it's really hard. All I can think about his how soft her arm is against mine. I turn back to her and quickly look away once I realize I looked at her lips again. This vacation is gonna be very long...

We are out on the town and I drag Barb into one of the shops that me and Poppy earlier had scoped out. Barb is trying some shirts she found while I walk around and look for some fun clothes.
-Hey Y/N, Barb calls out for me and I turn to her.
-Does this short look better all buttoned or like two buttons open? Barb asks and unbuttons two buttons and flips the collar of the shirt. I look at her in the mirror and think.
-I like the unbuttoned look, it's nice, I say. Barb grins and nods and flips her hair around and models in the mirror. Barb notices me staring and sends me a look back in the mirror and I smile back at her.
Why is she doing this to me?

We decide to eat out at a local restaurant to try something. Well I wanted to try something, Barb just ordered the most similar thing to what exists in rock city. We enjoy the music, the vibes and the scenery from the restaurant. As Barb nods along to whatever's playing on stage, I look at her again. Her hair bouncing as she's nodding and her fingers tapping on the table. But once again I am drawn to her lips. They're a little bit more chapped than usual because it has been hot today and we haven't really drink enough water to stay hydrated. They curl into a smile and other expressive vowels as she's digging to the music. I take her hand in mine and she looks confused at me since I disturbed her tapping. I just give har a smile and a small shrug and she she grins back before she looks back on the stage.

(Cue cool for the summer by Demi Lovato)*meant as a mental singing*
I run my thumb over her hand carefully and sigh.
"Tell me what you want, what you like, it's okay
I'm a little curious too. Tell me if it's wrong, if it's right, I don't care"
Barb looks at me impressed as everyone applauds.
"I can keep a secret, can you? Got my mind on your body and your body on my mind, got a taste for the cherry, I just need to take a bite"
I look her lips once again.
"Don't tell your father" I lean closer to her.
"Kiss one another" I lean onto her as we are sitting in a booth.
"Die for each other" Barb puts her arm around my shoulders and I smile, happy I'm in her presence.
"We're cool for the summer"

"Take me down into your paradise" we checked into a nightly swim at the hotels' spa and I take a few steps in.
"Don't be scared, 'cause I'm your body type" Barb carefully joins me and walks close by but doesn't lead me into the pool like she usually does.
"Just something that we wanna try"
I look back at her worried face.
"'Cause you and I," I grab her hand.
"we're cool for the summer", Barb holds on as she worriedly checks for looks by other trolls in the spa.

The next day we decide to visit vibe city's own amusement park.
"Tell me if I won, if I did, what's my prize?"
I take Barbs hand and immediately run to the nearest game.
"I just wanna play with you too"
I pay the troll standing there as I start playing the game and Barb once again looks worried around.
"Even if they judge, fuck it, I'll do the time" I frown as I know that nobody is caring and I touch her arm lightly.
"I just wanna have some fun with you"
We go on many rides but right now we're just enjoying the Ferris wheel.
"Got my mind on your body and your body on my mind"
I once again look at Barbs lips as the light shifts onto her face.
"Got a taste for the cherry, I just need to take a bite"
She looks at me.
"Don't tell your father"
I look into her eyes.
"Kiss one another"
She points down at a rock troll that cries as she receives a stuffed toy from the vendor.
"Die for each other"
I roll my eyes.
"We're cool for the summer"

We decide to share a cotton candy before playing some more games.
"Take me down into your paradise"
I cheer for Barb as she hits a tower of cans down and beat the other players.
"Don't be scared, 'cause I'm your body type"
Barb points at a huge plush animal that she receives as a price.
"Just something that we wanna try"
Barb gets it and she chose a huge bear like thing.
"Cause you and I,"
She hands me the stuffed bear.
"we're cool for the summer"
I start tearing up and she chuckles but I hit her arm as I dry my tears with the plushie.
"We're cool for the summer. We're cool for the summer"

Once again we're in our hotel room, showered and buried in big plushies that we won at the park today.
"Shh, don't tell your father"
Barb puts on her usual tank shirt and lazily plops onto the bed next to me.
"Got my mind on your body and your body on my mind"
She is newly showered and we both smell of the hotels shampoo and conditioner and stuff.
"Got a taste for the cherry, I just need to take a bite"

I have leaned in close... maybe this will be it.
"Take me down!"
I quickly lean back when Barb leans towards me.
"Take me down into your paradise"
Barb looks confused at me as she reaches out for a hug.
"Don't be scared, 'cause I'm your body type"
I take a relieved sigh and lean into her hug as she puts on the tv with the chef show again.
"Just something that we wanna try"
I look up at her content face.
"Cause you and I" I then put a hand on her arm and sigh contently.
"We're cool for the summer. We're cool for the summer"

Barb squeezes my midriff and puts her nose on my head lovingly.
"Cause I'm your body type"
I smile and blush and I feel hear face warm up too and when I look it is completely red like mine.
"Just something that we wanna try"
Barb smiles lopsidedly at me.
"Cause you and I"
I smile back.
"We're cool for the summer"
I put our warm cheeks together.
"We're cool for the summer".

The next day:
As me and Barb are out and about again, and I decide that I should bring up what's been keeping me kind of distracted... her.
-Hey Barb? I ask as she's carefully inspecting a dinosaur fossil.
-Yep, what's up poprock? Barb asks and looks at me and I immediately begin cold sweating.
-Uh-eh you-you're l-lips they uh... they are Uhm... I stammer nervously.
-What's wrong with my lips? She asks.
-They Uh... they're a bit chapped, here, I say and hold up my chapstick. She looks at me with an unimpressed look. I only raise my eyebrows to cover up.
-Alrighty, give it, she sighs and only dots it on her lips and then spreads it with her finger and gives me my chapstick back.
-So, there we go. This dinosaur was boring, I wanna see some real animals, come on, Barb says and drags me out of the exhibition.

We're now in the gift shop and both Barb and I wanted to get something cool. She would like a shark tooth necklace and I was just looking at cool fossil keychains and stuff like that.
-Oohhh baby look at this one! Barb says and shows me the necklace she picked out.
-That one's cool! I say I'm awe and lean in closer.
-Really cool, wow! I compliment.
-It was the biggest tooth I could find, she says proudly.
-I can see that, I laugh and lean back.
-So did you find any fossil-y stuff yet? She asks.
-Mmmno... I'm thinking of just buying a badge, I shrug.
-Oh come on, you were so excited for the fossils, come on, Barb grabs my hand and we look for fossils together. She picks out quite a few and hold them up.
-Ok so this one's cool because you can see like a crack in this bone and that's just cool because it's so small, and this one- she continues to rabble about the fossil stones and I just watch her lips blabber. I just let her blabber. Then she snaps her fingers at me.
-Hey, I chose three for you, which one is it gonna be poprock? Barb holds up the three finalists.
-Oh Uhm... the one with the crack in the bone, I say.
-Good choice my lady. Now let's go, Barb says and we head for the cash register.
Why do I chicken out all the time? God I suck at this whole relationship thing...

Later that evening:
Barb headed for a quick shower, because we're heading to a local grill restaurant for dinner. So I'm sitting alone on the bed, surfing on my phone. Suddenly Poppy calls me and I answer, in hopes that she would make me feel better.
-Y/N! Y/N oh my god you can't believe what just happened! Poppy says.
-What? I ask worried.
-Me and Branch just kissed! Like kissed kissed! Poppy says and then screams excitedly.
-I.... Wow Poppy that's... that's great, I fake a smile.
-Yes! And Branch took the first step and it really just helped a lot and then I kissed him goodbye on the cheek. His CHEEK! Poppy yells.
-That's awesome sis! I cheer. Then I hear the bathroom door open.
-Ehm I gotta go Pops, but congrats, bye! I say and Poppy says goodbye and hangs up.
-Congrats? Is it Poppy's birthday? Barb asks as she scrubs her hair with her towel.
-No, she and Branch just had their first kiss, I once again fake a smile.
-Oh, nice! By the way you'd have to color my hair again soon, it's slowly turning orange, Barb says and looks into the mirror in the hallway.
-Will put that on my to do list once we get back home, I say before we head out to put on a light jacket and head to the restaurant.

Barb POV:
As we eat, I notice how Y/N is more quiet than usual. We talk, but not nearly like we use to. It's like she's put up a wall, there's something she's hiding from me. Now I can't say I'm not so I don't blame her. I want to kiss her, that's my secret, ok? It's not that deep... except it is. And I was planning on taking her to an ice cream place after this and kiss her. Because then our two favorite ice creams would melt together and it would be the best memory to have while eating ice cream. That way I can think about it every time I eat my favorite ice cream. But... something was off with Y/N, and she's stubborn so she won't say anything. So I'll have to.
-Hey Uh- let's skip the ice cream place tonight, I'm really tired, let's just eat chips in bed and watch tv, I suggest. She looks up at me.
-Yeah sounds good. I'm actually really tired so that would be nice, she says.
-Alright, I say and we continue to eat.

When we get back to the hotel, Y/N immediately hops into bed and just looks at the wall. I slowly hang up my jacket and take out two drinks from the mini fridge and some of our own snacks. I carefully put them on the foot of the bed before I lean back and look worriedly at Y/N. She tilts slightly away from me.
-Ok Y/N, come on this can't go on, what's up? I say and she reacts when I use her real name. She sighs.
-Nothing, she covers.
-Oh come on. You barely talked at dinner and you've been spacing out a lot this vacation. I know something is wrong, I say. She turns to me and sits up.
-I've just been thinking a lot about us, she starts.
-Wait before you say anything; is this a breakup? I ask hurriedly.
-No absolutely not! She ensures.
-No, quite the opposite. I want... I want to... to kiss you, she forces out and immediately closes her eyes. I blink.

Y/N POV:
-wow... I hear and open my eyes again.
-I Uh, I understand if you don't want to but I haven't been able to not think about it this whole vacation, I apologize.
-Y/N, babe there's nothing to apologize for. I have been thinking the exact same thing, Barb confesses.
-You HAVE? Why didn't you say anything? I ask.
-Well frankly because I got a little offended when you gave me chapstick because I have chapped lips, she says and I laugh.
-I'm sorry, that wasn't what I wanted to say at all. I've been trying to kiss you all week, I laugh at myself.
-Y-you have? Barb blushes I shock.
-Yeah, I breathe.
-Well... waddya say we give it a try then, huh? She asks and I notice that her breath is hitting me in the face. Our noses are close to touching and I place a gentle hand on her knee.
-Can I kiss you? I ask.
-yes, she nods and she softly and slowly places her pointer finger under my chin.
-Can I kiss you? she asks in return.
-hell yes, I answer back. And finally we both lean in and our lips meet. And I was right. Her lips were chapped but it was nice somehow. She was a little rough, she wasn't really forceful but not exactly soft either. It was a nice in between. I put a hand on her cheek and she softly leans her head into my hand which adds to the kiss. When we lean back, I subconsciously let out a small breath.
-Oh... wow, Barb let's out. My mind is racing and I finally open my eyes. Barb is already looking at me with an non identifiable look.
-That was awesome, I say.
-It's just how I imagined it, we say at the same time.
-Can you kiss me again? I ask.
-Anything for my pop queen, Barb grins and immediately kisses me again. This time she puts her hands on the back of my head and I let my hands loosely hold her neck.

We spend the rest of the night cuddling in the bed and watching weird tv shows.
-Does this mean I can kiss you on the cheek now? Barb asks me.
-Of course, I look at her.
-Finally, I've been too scared to ask, she says. I then give her a sweet kiss on the cheek.
-It's ok baby. I was too, I say and she blushes.
-You're so awesome, she whispers and squeezes me into her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 1.9K 22
"๐™‹๐™๐™š๐™ฌ, ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ ๐™›๐™ช๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™๐™š ๐™™๐™ž๐™™๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ข๐™š." "๐™’๐™๐™ค ๐™™๐™ž๐™™๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช?" โ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พโ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พโ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พโ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“ [๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ณ...
78.1K 1.3K 27
Poppy, Branch, and Val discover that there are six different troll tribes scattered over six different lands. Each tribe is also devoted to six diffe...
72.4K 1.5K 11
"Hello. My name is (Y/n) and I am a troll who's very different from the rest. I'm a gray troll, yes, but that's not the big secret here, I'm way diff...
35.8K 646 19
Honestly, I just need a place to shove all my creativity at. Is you haven't seen Trolls World Tour, then I must warn you that this story has Major Sp...