Desperation | Light Yagami x...

Da Eri-tantei

You and your family move to Japan one day, and you notice a classmate of yours who is suspiciously named Ligh... Altro

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9

Chapter 8

579 21 13
Da Eri-tantei

It was the seventeenth of January, the first day of the standard university entrance exams. You and Light had promised to go to the venue together.

You sat at the dining table. You were eating breakfast with your parents. Both of them being detectives for the ICPO, they traveled to other countries very often. When they were in the country, they would often leave for work early, and come home very late, so you were often alone.

"Don't worry, dear. We know you'll do great!" exclaimed your mother.

"After all, she's our daughter," your father said to your mother. "The daughter of Interpol's top two investigators," your father said with a wink.

You sighed at your father's blatant lack of humility.

"Dad!" you complained in a humorous tone.

You didn't really want to go to university. You had just graduated from prison. Why subject yourself to even more prison? But you supposed that school would be better than work, after all, you had a best friend named Light Yagami, and you still had a mission to save him from his downfall.

"You've studied for this so much, so it'll definitely be alright," your mother smiled.

Actually, you didn't study very much, but you were pretty confident that you would ace the test.

"Thanks mom," you smiled.

You finished eating, then you got ready to leave. As you were about to head out, your mother stopped you, making sure you hadn't forgotten anything important, and making sure you were dressed warm enough for the cold January weather. Your parents then brought you out, and you said your goodbyes.

As you stepped out of the gate of your house, you noticed Light, who was also stepping out of the gate of his house.

"Good luck Light!" cheered a Sayu who was still in her pajamas.

"I know you'll do well!" cheered Mrs. Yagami.

"These are only the standard tests, it's no big deal," said Light, as he waved goodbye to them.

"Hey, Light!" you called out upon seeing him, as you closed the gate behind you.

"Good morning!" you cheered.

"Good morning, (F/N)," he smiled.

"Have a safe trip dear!" your father cheered from your house's doorstep.

Your parents waved at you, and you waved back.

You and Light then began walking to the station.

"So those are your parents, yes?" said Light.

"Yes, they are," you said. "They're usually out of the country for work."

The two of you road the train, and soon arrived at the station near the exam venue. After walking for a bit more, you eventually arrived at the venue itself.

"Hey you two! The test is starting in ten minutes. Hurry up!" called a guard who was standing at the gate of the testing center.

"Eh? Still ten minutes? Awwww," you pouted.

"We really are alike, aren't we?" Light said with a hearty laugh.

"Excuse us, we hate waiting, so we were planning to arrive three minutes before the test. Looks like we got here a bit early," Light said to the guard.

"Talk about confident..." said Ryuk.

You giggled.

You sat in the room where the test was being held. Light was quite far from you, four columns over to your left, and further back. You knew L was supposed to be in the room too, but with so many people, you couldn't find him.

You answered the test as quickly as you could without compromising your answers. You were the first to finish, beating even Light and L. You chuckled to yourself with pride as you submitted your paper, but then you were humbled at the realization that the two of them were probably aiming for perfect scores.

Four months later, you became a college student. You were seated on a chair at the To-oh University entrance ceremony. To your left sat Light.

"Next, we have the freshman address," said the voice of one of the people in charge through a microphone. "Our freshman representative, Light Yagami."

"Here," said Light as he stood up.

"And our other freshman representative, Ryuga Hideki."

The two of them approached the stage.

'Yup, that's definitely L,' you thought upon seeing him. 'He's in his signature outfit, and he's got the signature slouch and spiky black hair,' you chuckled.

The two boys delivered their speeches, then returned to their seats.

You turned to look at Light who looked extremely unnerved. Actually, he didn't look unnerved at all, he looked perfect as ever, but being his best friend who's been with him for a while, you could tell. You also knew why he was unnerved. He was probably inwardly panicking because Ryuga Hideki told him that he was L.

After the ceremony, you exited the venue with Light.

"Hyuk, Hyuk. That was a very interesting ceremony, Light," said Ryuk, clearly entertained.

"Light, are you alright?" you asked. "You've been a bit off since you gave your speech."

Light was a bit taken aback by your keen senses.

"It's nothing, (F/N). Thanks for worrying though," he said to you with a smile.

"Mr. Yagami," a voice called out.

As you turned to the direction of the voice, you were met with the sight of L.

"It was nice meeting you," said L, as he approached you and Light.

"Yes, nice meeting you too," Light curtly replied.

"Oh, could you be Mr. Yagami's girlfriend?" L asked, turning to you.

"No, but I'm sure you know who I am," you said with a small laugh.

"So you're indeed the daughter of the chairman," said L.

"That's me," you grinned. "I've heard a lot about you from my parents, actually, it's nice to finally meet you."

"Same to you," said L.

L stopped in front of a luxurious-looking black car.

"Well I'll see you both around campus, then," said L as he got into the car.

"Yes, of course. Goodbye," said Light.

You waved goodbye.

You and Light continued to walk to the station together.

"You know that guy?" Light asked you.

"Well sort of, I guess," you said.

You weren't going to give any direct answers. You knew that there were many things that Light kept secret from you, so you wanted him to know that if he wanted to know more about you, you would have to get to know more about him. In other words, he had to understand that the trust in your friendship was supposed to be mutual.

"How do you know him?"

"Oh you know, just heard about him through my parents, and stuff."

Light was displeased by your short and vague answers.

"Well actually, I'm quite curious about him," he said.

'Yes, of course you are,' you inwardly deadpanned.

"You see, he said the strangest thing to me during the ceremony."

'He took the bait!' you mentally celebrated.

"Huh, really? What did he say?"

"He told me that he's L," Light said in a humorous tone.

"L? As in the so called great detective who is investigating Kira?"

"Indeed."

"Hmm, I wonder why he would tell you that. Anyway, that explains how I know him," you said.

"How?" Light questioned.

"Well I've heard some stories from my parents about the the detective L who they often worked with in the past," you explained.

"And why did your parents work with L...?" Light questioned.

"Huh? Didn't I tell you before? My parents both work for Interpol. My father is also the current chairman."

'What?' Light inwardly panicked. His heart almost stopped.

Today had really been awful for him. First some guy came up to him saying that he's L, then he found out that his best friend is the daughter of the current Interpol chairman, then he found out from that very friend that the guy who claimed to be L really is L.

"Light? Something the matter?" you asked him after he had gone silent dor a second.

"You...you didn't tell me that," he narrowed his eyes at you ever so slightly.

'Uh oh...is he mad?' you thought.

"I didn't? Oh, I must've remembered wrong. Sorry!" you said with an apologetic smile.

Light sighed. He couldn't stay mad at you for more than a moment.

'Well (F/N)'s parents working for Interpol shouldn't change a thing. Interpol has pretty much pulled out of the Kira investigation since the FBI agents died. My main problem for the moment is L.'

"But why did that guy, Ryuga Hideki, tell you that he was L out of nowhere? Isn't that a bit careless of him, revealing his identity just like that?" you wondered.

"He said something about wanting my help in solving the Kira case."

"Woah, really?! Wow! As expected of future Detective Yagami!" you cheered.

'Wait...is that guy really L? If what (F/N) is saying is true, how would she have known? L has never revealed his face to anyone, even the top investigators of Interpol...' Light thought to himself. 'Just what is going on here? There is definitely something I'm missing.'

You didn't notice, but Light glared at you suspiciously.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

368K 14.9K 61
Y/n was walking around her house until she got a headache and collapsed onto the ground. When she woke up she found herself in the world of Death Not...
8.9K 348 22
Y/n is a female student at Daikoku Private Academy. However after a while she's noticed Light keeps to himself alot. They are both smart kids with th...
514 27 18
Light Yagami's life takes an unprecedented turn when he stumbles upon the Death Note as he struggles to keep the truth hidden and secrets from being...
647K 20.2K 42
|| COMPLETED || For a reason that you could not figure it out, you really admired Kira--the world-famous killer who kills the unkind people with an...