Running out of time

By UniteTogether

Everything has to meet its end one day, and humanity is not an exception. SCP Foundation is fully aware of th... More

Prologue
Part 1 - Beginning
Part 2 - On the way
Part 3 - Finding our destination
Part 4 - Investigation
Part 5 - Preparations
Part 6 - Operation Mushroom and Abel's confession
Part 7 - What should we do now?
Part 9 - April Fool's in SCP Foundation
Part 10 - Once upon a time... Myung-Ok's backstory
Part 11 - A secondary character, or the main one?
Part 12 - Something's wrong
Part 13 - A dilemma
Part 14 - Do it or not?
Part 15 - Broken Masquerade
Part 16 - Final attempt
Part 17 - Days before the disaster
Part 18 - That's how passes away glory of this world
Part 19 - Explanation
Part 20 - Secure, Contain, and Protect the world
Part 21 - Changing the world
Epilogue

Part 8 - Olivia's story

148 7 0
By UniteTogether

Location: Olivia's dimension

Time: 28th March 2022

Olivia's POV:
Everything began before I was born. Foundation wanted to prevent my birth, and because of that they created a procedure 110-Montauk, which ultimately failed and allowed me to enter this world. I wasn't aware of that, but I had powers with which I could destroy the entire world if I wanted to. After my birth, Foundation tried everything they could to contain me and prevent a possible apocalypse. They tried to keep me on their side with a false statement, that I could only use spells which Foundation had written in a book. This worked for some time until I realised, I could do more than that.

I started experimenting with reality around me, which forced them to put a sleeping gas in my containment chamber. After that they used medicine in order to put me in a coma, and agreed to terminate me. While I was sleeping, my father was slowly taking control over me, and despite the fact, that at the beginning I was easily able to fight it, I knew that it would be impossible to keep him away from me.

He threatened, that he would kill me, and when Alto Clef made an attempt on my life, I believed that it was my father's fault. Together with dr Kondraki I tried to save him, until Foundation backstabbed and put me back into coma. I felt betrayed, angry and devastated at the same time, and when they woke me up again, I couldn't fight it anymore. I lost control over my body for the first time, and I was not myself anymore. Scarlet King wouldn't waste this opportunity, but he did not expect that Clef would ask 343 to help him defeat me.

He tried to destroy the entire reality, while 343 was fixing it. Scientists were running away from us as fast as they could, but despite that, many of them did not make it. It was a maze of death, a place, where a regular mortal couldn't survive, and Clef knew that. He threw my body into another dimension, where he defeated my father and put a bullet in my body's head. He thought that it was over, he thought that I was dead, but little did he know, that it allowed me to take control over my body again.

His bullet somehow missed the most important parts of my brain, and that was the only reason why I survived. I tried to move after he left, but my body was too weak, and I was slowly bleeding out, while deep in my head my father was laughing at me. He had called me weak and useless, before abandoning me and leaving alone in a completly empty dimension. Because the bullet destroyed part of my brain, I couldn't remember how to use my powers anymore, and I knew, that without any help I would be dead within two minutes.

I tried to call for help, and surprisingly somebody heard my voice. Despite being in a completly empty universe, I was not alone. SCP-343, the same one who fought with my father few minutes earlier, approached me and healed my wounds, which allowed me to recover my lost memory. I remembered how to use my powers, why Foundation tried to kill me and what my father wanted to do with all of them. I fell on my knees and started crying, before 343 hugged me and said, that he understands me.

For the first time in many years somebody was not afraid of me, and I did not want this feeling to go away. I did not know what to do nor how to behave. In my universe nobody wanted me, I was an outcast and everyone was afraid of me, but 343 was not going to give up on me. He spent over a month with me, listening to my problems and comforting me whenether I felt terrible.

After one month, he took me to his containment cell, where I would help him with different projects, while learning how to control my powers. Whenether I wanted to try something, I went to the same dimension where I was supposed to die and used my powers in there. At the same time it was a place where I would release my anger, and it did not take long before I changed it into a wasteland. I was mad at everything, at Foundation, at my father, at my fate and my powers. I started to hate myself for who I was, and 343 realised that. He wanted to help me break with the past, so I received a new name, which I chose for myself - Olivia.

Usually I would get warned whenether somebody was about to enter the cell, and I would hide in that universe, but this time 343 did not warn me, and a scientist, who entered the cell spotted me immidiately. With fear in eyes he ran away, while 343 grabbed my shoulder and said, that it is time for me to face my fears. I wanted to run away to my dimension, because I knew that they would do everything in their power to kill me, but at the same time I knew 343 would not let them do that.

I hid in a corner when Mobile Task Forces jumped through the door with Scranton's Reality Anchors. I was told by 343, that it was their weapon againts reality benders, which limits or disables their reality bending abilities and allows them to be contained, but somewhere in my mind I knew, that these would not work on me, and I was not wrong. When they aimed at me, 343 immidiately made a shield around me, but I focused on making their guns disappear. It was successful and before they were able to pull out a backup plan, I hid behind 343.

The look on their faces when they saw 343 protecting me was indescribable, but it did not stop Alto Clef from pulling out a shotgun and aiming at us.

- Why are you protecting this monster 343?! - He asked with anger in eyes. - She was supposed to die there!

343 did not respond to him, instead, he came closer, looked into his eyes and said without hesitation:

- Go ahead. Shoot me.

- I will, and then I am going to finish the job with terminating SCP-239 once and for all!

Having said that he pulled the trigger, while a loud sound from his weapon filled the entire room. After one second, 343 looked at him dissapointed, while Clef made a step back.

- How... How are you still alive? - He asked surprised. - You are just a reality bender, you should be dead!

- You do not know everything about me, just like you do not know her real story. - 343 responded while indicating with his finger at me. - Would you like to enlighten him Olivia?

- In neither of our reports we called her Olivia. She is known as SCP-239, or if you truely want to use her real name, Sigurrós Stefánsdóttir.

- I am aware of that, but she chose a new name for herself while we were here. So I am asking you, do not call her SCP-239 anymore.

Clef was quiet for few seconds, until he said:

- Fine. Olivia can tell us her point of view for this story.

343 moved away, allowing me to look into eyes of a person, who tried and will try to kill me, no matter what I do. I told him and MTFs everything - my feelings, my pain, my father's control over me, and explained how I survived getting shot in a head in that dimension. The more I talked about it, the more painful it was, but at the same time I realised, MTFs were not looking at me with a will to kill me anymore, but they looked like they were trying to understand me.

After I finished the entire story, my eyes were covered in tears, while 343 was hugging me like he was my real father. Few soldiers turned around and left the cell, leaving only three of them standing in there with dr Clef, who was looking at 343 with a confused look, before saying:

- I want you to be honest with me. Is all of that true? Was she seriously controlled by Scarlet King during our fight?

- She was indeed. - 343 responded with a quiet voice. - And it is all your fault Clef. If not your termination attempts and putting her in coma, she wouldn't have to struggle with all of that.

- Let me remind you that you were the one who agreed to help me with terminating her.

- I said that I will help you, that's true, but I never specified that I will let you kill her. I only wanted to get rid of the Scarlet King.

- You should have told me then!

- If I told you that we will be fighting not with Olivia, but with her father, then even you, my friend, would refuse to keep going with this plan.

Clef turned around and started walking around the room, while analysing everything he heard from us, and after some time he approached me with his hand extended toward me, before saying three words, which I wanted to hear:

- I am sorry.

- Why are you sorry Clef? - 343 said while looking at him with a smile.

- I am sorry for not trying to understand you. Maybe there was a better solution than that, but together with the entire Foundation we wanted to keep everyone safe. We didn't know what to do, and it looked like the best option.

- I... I will try to forgive you, but I cannot promise anything.

- I understand... I am going to talk with O5 council about all of this, and then I will tell you what is our decision.

Having said that, he left the room while soldiers followed him, leaving only me and 343 without anyone else. At this point I thought that it was all over, that I won't have to struggle with the curse given to me by my father, but few hours before Clef came back, I had had a nightmare. My so called "father" returned and didn't want to stop tormenting me in my dreams. He pushed me to my limits in order to destroy my life again, but like before, 343 managed to save me. Together with him, I managed to get rid of Scarlet King from my mind once and for all, while taking away a small fraction of his powers.

Having woken up I immidiately tested them in a wasteland dimension, but I quickly realised that I wasn't able to control them. Everything turned into an apocalyptic scenario and I wasn't able to fix it. When I finally met up with Clef, I received an information that O5 council agreed to release me from my cell as long as I would help them with their problems.

I agreed to this offer and started working for the same people, who tried to terminate me few weeks earlier, but I was aware, that they made this offer because there was no way for them to contain me. However, despite helping them, all of their personel was afraid of me and the only people who were able to understand my problems, were other SCPs.

I didn't have any problems with sneaking into their cells, and I knew that they wouldn't kill me, because I was one of them. When the 001 scenario began, I wanted to go to 343's cell, but something was telling me not to abandon my friends. I went with people I trusted the most, and they immidiately asked me if I could save the world from this fate.

However I was scared. I couldn't control my full potential and I didn't want to destroy the entire universe earlier than it was supposed to end, until we started our mission. That's why I didn't want to take the risk of using my powers to destroy that machine. We earned enough time to find another way, and I didn't want to annihilate the entire universe by accident. I just... I just didn't want to hurt others again... I didn't want to be a failure...

Your POV:
I listened to the entire story because I knew, that Olivia needed it. The entire world around us was destroyed, because like she said, if she used too much power, she wasn't able to control it. Now I completely understood why she was afraid of destroying the machine herself, and I was relieved that the same scenario didn't happen in our universe. I approached her and without hesitation said:

- Do not worry Olivia. Even if something went wrong, we wouldn't be mad at you. But now lets leave this dimension, we have to go back to the facility.

- Thanks Y/N... You are the best...

She raised her hand and the entire reality around us started glitching again, allowing us to return back to our real world. However this time, we landed back in Site-17, where Abel immidiately asked:

- Did you destroy it?

- No, we need a different approach to this thing, and while I believe it is possible, it is going to be extremely hard.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.2K 1.4K 23
You have been working for enourmous IT corporation. You didn't believe anymore in paranormal things like SCP foundation, because you were too old for...
59.7K 1.8K 16
Note: This is NOT a love story between a mask and a child. That is pedophilea, which is NOT what's happening here. This is a Father/daughter relation...
28K 402 7
The SCP Foundation is an organization of number doctors researchers and agents, aiming to understand and catalog anomalous objects, creature and keep...
3.8K 274 30
Looking for a Y/n story that isn't about falling in love with the SCP cast? How about one with action and plot? Boy do I have a story for you! Y/n be...