By The People, For The People...

By VakeelSahiba

Year : 2045 Place : India. An Army Major who's extremely loyal to Indian Army is assigned with a mission fo... More

Characters
आपत्काल
गिरफ़्तारी
Where The Mind Is Without Fear
मुलाकात
तफ़वीज़
अगवा
खौफ़
अबाई शहर
हथकड़ी
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय
इतिहास
आग़ाज़
पैगाम
तख्‍तापलट
मोजिज़ा
फ़रेब
अटकल
हड़ताल
हुकूमत
आत्मसमर्पण
इल्हाम
तश्हीर
ज़ोर-आवरी
इल्तिजा
लिखाई
फ़ौजी
नाज़ाँ
क़ौल
हुक्मराँ
सदाक़त
त'अश्शुक़
आवाज़
तज़्लील
ख़्वाब
पनाह-गुज़ीन
आशियान
ज़फ़र
क़ल्ब
सियासत-दानी
क़ुर्बानी
शहिद
कर्ब
जदीद
ख़ाइन
अंजुमन
तक़सीम
ज़हर
ला-ज़वाल
ख़ब्ती
सा'अत
इंतिक़ाम
इक़्तिदार
सदमा
मज्ज़ूब
भारत
Epilogue

ना-मा'लूम

152 12 10
By VakeelSahiba

Vihaan was watching war news and his face was serious. Why was it happening? Indian army was amongst the most capable armies. Even though insurgents were powerful this shouldn't have been happening.

Days were passing and Insurgents were defending their territory. Whilst defending they were attacking Indian army. Gurmeet was angry. He was burning in fire of revange. He was successfully turning into a dictator. No one was saying anything to him. No one was denying his authority. No one was going against him. People who could've done that were either dead or in jail.

Vihaan wanted to understand the reason behind army's constant setbacks. He heard a knock on door "Come in" He said.

His father, Brigadier Mahendra Dixit, was standing there. Vihaan stood up and saluted him.

"It's okay Vihaan" Mahendra said "Sit down"

Vihaan sat down on his chair and

Mahendra also took a seat "Vihaan main official meeting pe nahi aaya hoo" He said.

Vihaan looked at him.

"What do you think is happening?" Mahendra asked.

"In war?" Vihaan asked.

Mahendra nodded.

"Papa.. Is it safe to talk?" Vihaan asked.

"Yes. Talk softly. No one's here" Mahendra said.

"I don't know papa. Koi kuch bol nahi sakta.. Kuch kar nahi sakta.. Soldiers mar rahe hai.. Insurgents bhi.. Aur unke sath sath civilians bhi" Vihaan said "Kuch toh galat hai"

"Maine bahot socha hai Vihaan. Maine kai soldiers se baat bhi ki" Mahendra said "Shayad mujhe pata hai yeh sab kyu ho raha hai"

"Why?" Vihaan asked.

"These officers.. Soldiers.. They're trained in a certain way. The hierarchical system of army was disturbed. Navy, army and Air force came under one authority. All regiments were disturbed. They've been in those regiments and under those authorities from starting. Achank jab itna sab kuch naya ho raha hai.. They didn't have time to adjust " Mahendra told.

Vihaan furrowed his brows" Kya yeh itna bada issue hai"

"Sochoge toh hai warna nahi hai" Mahendra said "You know they used to recruit soldiers from certain states in certain regiments.. Like Maharashtrian soldiers in Maratha regiment.. We've always had problems between states and their people. Unity kam ho gayi hai Vihaan. Sunane me chahe kitna bhi bura lage.. Par sach yahi hai"

Vihaan understood what his father was trying to say. This was a valid point. This could be a reason he was trying to search.

"Kya kar sakte hai?" Vihaan asked.

"Shayad kuch nahi. General Gurmeet ka bahot bada sapna tha yeh.. Army ke state based regiments ko band karke sabko mix karna.. Unhone wo sapna pura kiya. Ab agar hum criticise karenge unko accha nahi lagega" Mahendra said.

"Toh aise hi baithe rahe? Iss war ko galat jate hue dekhe? Insurgents me bahot unity hai aur power bhi" Vihaan said.

"Koi chahiye hame jo General ko samjha sake" Mahendra said

"Kaun hoga jo unke views ke against baat karega?" Vihaan asked.

"What about Dhriti?" Mahendra asked "Why don't you talk to her?"

Vihaan dropped his jaw "You want me to tell Dhriti that her father was wrong? His decision was wrong?"

"She likes you Vihaan. She's a sensible girl. She'll listen to you" Mahendra said "Also she's looking forward to work with you"

"Work with me?" Vihaan was confused.

"She's a filmmaker. General has asked her to make a documentary about how happy people in India are after army took over the country" Mahendra told "You're the propaganda minister. You're gonna set all things for her"

"How do I set things for a documentary?" Vihaan asked.

"She needs people who will tell her how happy they are. And she'll need places.. Cities and towns or villages where she can show how they are improving. Get some villages ready for this" Mahendra said.

Vihaan sighed "Fine"

*****

Aarushi saw Ranveer standing in balcony and lost in his thoughts. He had serious expressions on his face which was a rare occurrence.

Ranveer and Aarushi were successful in their mission to safely reach on the address given by Sumedh. It was a very small village with limited population. Everyone knew everyone and as Sumedh had warned they were expecting Ranveer and Aarushi to be married. They of course lied about their marital status with false ids that Vihaan had made for him and Aarushi. Naina and Neil Tiwari.

The house in which they were staying was an old, typical maharashtrian house known as 'Waada'. It was the biggest house in whole village. A big entrance made with wooden door and after going in there was a big open space and house in square shape around this space with A tulsi vrindavan in middle. It was huge with two floors, many bedrooms, many beautiful wooden windows, a front garden and also a well in backyard.

Ranveer was standing in balcony of that house looking out at fields and other houses.

Aarushi went there and stood beside him.

"Kya hua?" She asked.

"I lied to Sameeksha. In that letter I wrote that our family is fine" Ranveer told.

Aarushi felt bad. She patted on his back "It was right thing to do Ranveer. Wo waha akeli hai. God knows kis type ka pressure hoga unpe. Kis type ka behaviour hoga baki sabka. Kya situation hogi. Aise me agar aisi news tum bataoge aur wo bhi letter likh ke.. Bahot bekar hoga"

"I know. But still.. Mujhe bura lag raha hai" He sighed.

"It's okay" Aarushi smiled.

Ranveer didn't smile back. Aarushi decided to change the topic.

"This house is huge don't you think?" She said "Huge and old. Do you think it's haunted?"

Ranveer made a face and looked at her "Not a big fan of horror movies. Thank you"

"Haw. Are you scared of horror movies? Do you know there is a TV in my room? We can watch a horror movie there. We should explore this house we may find something mysterious. Some secret. Something that will make our life a little interesting" Aarushi was continuously talking while walking towards wooden stairs. She looked back and found that Ranveer was still standing in balcony and was again lost in his thoughts.

******

Sameeksha was waiting in queue for food. As her turn came she saw same food which they've been eating since last four days. It was stale and was smelling weird. But all the jail inmates were used to it now.

Sameeksha took her food and went to sit. She smelled the dal but it was not in condition to eat. She started eating her roti which was dry and brittle. With every bite she started drinking a little water so it goes down her throat easily.

After her fourth morsel she understood that there is a paper folded with the roti. She gasped a little and looked everywhere. No one was looking at her except the lady who was serving those rotis. She slowly signalled her to go out and read it.

Sameeksha didn't react. She slowly took out the paper and hid it inside her saree's pallu. She finished her meal and went out.

Sameeksha entered in her cell. She opened the paper and without even reading she recognised the handwriting. She felt her heart beating faster. She tried to hold the paper firmly with her shaking hands and read.

My darling wife Sameeksha

I hope you remember me. My name is Ranveer Deshpande. I am your husband. We got married in front of holy fire and family members. What a dreamy day it was! Chilly afternoon of January with a pleasant winter sunlight. I always wanted to get married in winter because of course I knew my wife would be hot and eventually it will be a enjoyable time.

Sameeksha chuckled and wiped away tears from her eyes.

I am okay. Healthy. Our families are fine too. I am sure you are too. I am with Aarushi right now. She's okay too. You gave me this mission to find Aarushi and I finished it. I know I am late but still. We are both alive and that's a big accomplishment for us.

I want to tell you so many things that had happened with me. Par jab milenge tab bataunga. For now.. Just know that we are dead for people who kidnapped Aarushi. Me and Aarushi both. So no one should know that I wrote to you and that I am alive. Do not let anyone else see this letter. Destroy it after reading.

Also Are you going on war? Meri shernii!
If you're not then I am happy. If you are then when you'll go to army hospital find Himani Dixit. She's a friend.

I love you Sameeksha. I can't live without you. I don't want to live without you. We are gonna be together again. We are supposed to be together for seven incarnations. So this is a glitch in God's system which will soon be rectified. Then we'll meet. Also I have promised myself that I won't die without an heir so you'll have to meet me anyway.

Sameeksha laughed after reading this line.

Bye. Love you. Take care. I am waiting.

She read the last line and sat down. Tears were oozing from her eyes and yet she was laughing. She was laughing after many months.

She kept reading the letter again and again. Thanking universe for keeping her family safe. Unknown to the reality that her family almost didn't exist anymore!

****

What do you think is gonna happen next?

***

ना-मा'लूम : Unknown : not known or familiar.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 1K 29
#Book-1 in BONDS OF LOVE AND DESTINY 𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒏, 𝑼𝑲 After clearing the allegations made on her, she threw the divorce papers at his face and to...
762K 43.4K 34
❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something that she has always dreamt of, where she'd...
1.9K 137 8
This story is about two strong head people with their own beliefs and perspectives towards life, love and people. One ambivert self-made girl who bel...
132K 8.5K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...