A Hero's Shadow (BNHA x Male...

By Wolfinator12

For Y/n Kurokage being in someones shadow is the norm. With a Quirk that makes people not notice him and a gr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 20

1.9K 71 26
By Wolfinator12

All around the arena people were cheering for the three students standing in the middle of the field. Tokoyami held his head high as he was proud of his third place. Y/n, who was given a crutch, was slightly annoyed that he was unable to contest Todoroki from getting the first place due to his injuries. And lastly Todoroki, he looked... conflicted.

Midnight was about to start the celebrations as Todoroki stepped forth.

Todoroki: "Midnight-sensei."

Midnight: "Yes Todoroki?" The hero asked confused.

Todoroki: "May I say something?" Todoroki asked holding out his hand for the microphone.

Midnight: "It seems like we are about to have some words from the first place himself." Midnight announced before handing over the mic.

Todoroki: "I am giving my first place to Kurokage." This caused everyone to stop and start mumbling in confusion. "Unlike him, I did not give my all. He worked hard to be here, trained hard to fight. Me on the other hand did not do that, I leaned on my Quirk like a crutch and what is worse is that I intentionally held back the flame side of my Quirk over a stupid grudge. Kurokage, I would love to fight you once you are able, not to prove that I deserved the first place in this sports festival, but instead to see if I even could win against you."

Kurokage: "I'll hold you to that." The boy promised.

Midnight: "Are you certain Todoroki?"

Todoroki: "Yes. Please give my first place to Kurokage."

Midnight: "Very well. Let's give Todoroki a round of applause for his great show of sportsmanship and respect for his classmates." After a moment the crowd errupted in applause and cheers. Y/n however saw someone else erupt with rage. That person was Endeavor who was stalking down the stairs towards the edge of the seating area. With a bit of difficulty Y/n hopped towards Todoroki and held out his fist.

Y/n: "This is how you correctly spite someone. Be better then them, but be yourself, be true to yourself. I can not begin to tell you how thankful I am for what you are doing, remember if you need someone to talk to, need help with anything, come to me and I swear I will do my best to help you." With a small look of confusion Todoroki held out his fist too. Y/n smiled and bumped it with his.

Midnight: "Let us officially begin the award ceremony. Please line up, Tokoyami to the left, Kurokage in the middle and Todoroki to the right." The boys took their positions and Midnight nodded towards Cementoss, who used his Quirk to raise a podium right below the boys feet. The three stood a little bit straighter as Midnight continued. "These three boys are this years victors among the first years. To present their well earned medals we have gotten our very own number one Hero! All-"

All Might: "I BROUGHT THE MEDALS!"

Midnight: "Might." The moment of silence was interrupted by Y/n facepalming.

All Might: "Sorry I messed up the timing." This time Y/n sighed, both Tokoyami and Todoroki glanced at Y/n questioningly.

Y/n: "He is a great Hero, but... more brawn than brain?"

Tokoyami: "Not wrong." Tokoyami nodded, agreeing with what Y/n said.

Midnight: "OK, let us ignore that misshap and carry on. In the third place we have Fumikage Tokoyami!" All Might walked up to the boy with the bronze medal.

All Might: "You have proven your strength today Young Tokoyami, continue working hard and I am certain you will become a great Hero one day." Putting the medal around the boys head and then pulled him into a hug that pushed Tokoyamis beak right into the Heroes armpit.

Y/n: "Mind the beak All Might." Y/n called out making All Might panic.

All Might: "OH GOD I am so sorry Young Tokoyami, I forgot." The Hero apologized while bowing his head.

Tokoyami: "Do not worry All Might-sensei."

Midnight: "After he gave up his first spot we have Shoto Todoroki on second place!" All Migh quickly went to grab the silver medal and went towards Todoroki.

All Might: "I see you are still conflicted. Whatever might have caused your trouble, feel free to confine in your teachers and friends. But I also must say I respect you for your decision of giving up the gold medal." All Might placed the medal around Todorokis head and hugged him too, this time intentionally pulling the boys head into his gigantic chest.

Todoroki: "There is still a lot to work out."

All Might: "You will go places young man. Do not let anyone hold you back from being the Hero you want to be."

Todoroki: "Thank you All Might."

Midnight: "AND THIS YEARS FIRST PLACE! Y/N KUROKAGE!" All Might walked up to Y/n with the gold medal.

All Might: "Once again you surprised me Young Kurokage. I see a lot of potential in you. You work hard, maybe even harder then everyone else in your class. Even injury does not slow you down." He said glancing down at the missing leg and the bandaged arms. Putting the medal around Y/ns neck All Might carefully pulled him into a hug. "You need to learn to rest when you can. Listen to someone who worked himself into the ground."

Y/n: "I will make sure to recover fully, Recovery Girl has given me a pass to sit out any and all physical classes. And knowing her she will beat me until I have no choice but rest in one of her beds." This got a chuckle from All Might, who nodded.

All Might: "That she would." He then turned towards the crowd. "LETS ALL SAY IT TOGETHER!"

Crowd / All Might: "PLUS ULTRA / THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT WORK!" It echoed through the arena.

Y/n: "You cant just set up a 'Plus Ultra' like that and then not do it." Y/n shook his head.

All Might: "The students all did a great job so why not thank them?" The number one Hero said sheepishly. After a moment of silence Y/n took a look around only to get a face full of confetti that was fired with such force that it nearly made him topple over. Coughing out the inhaled paper Y/n glared towards Midnight who held a remote in her hand looking rather embarrassed.

The day ended and the students were send back home. It took a bit until Y/n reached his dorm where he quickly grabbed his phone. Looking at it he saw a few missed calls by a couple of people.

The first person he called back was Tsukauchi. It did not take long till the detective answered the call.

Tsukauchi: "You do know that I do not expect you to call back right away, right?" The man joked.

Y/n: "I have two more calls to make and then I wish to go to bed early."

Tsukauchi: "Ok, let me skip to the chase then. I was able to catch some of the sports festival and I am proud of you."

Y/n: "Thank you Tsukauchi-san." It was true gratitude, even if it did not fully sound like that. "Though I have to ask you something."

Tsukauchi: "What do you need?"

Y/n: "That obvious?" The man chuckled.

Tsukauchi: "You are not one to ask for something if it is not serious." He explained.

Y/n: "Endeavor. His son Shoto Todoroki has revealed a quiet severe case of domestic abuse and child abuse. I do not have the full picture, but from what I can glance is that it seems like Endeavor has forcefully arranged the marriage with his current wife in hope to produce the perfect Quirk. Shoto seems to be the final product and is still suffering from trauma. Would it be possible to investigate?" There was a moment of silence before Tsukauchi spoke, his voice now completely serious.

Tsukauchi: "This is a strong accusation Y/n."

Y/n: "I would not bring it up if it wasn't needed. If Shoto is the final product there will most likely have been a few 'prototypes'."

Tsukauchi: "I will see what I can do, no promises."

Y/n: "Thank you."

Tsukauchi: "Get some rest." The call ended there and Y/n dialed the next number.

Momoi: "KUROKO!" The girl shouted into her phone. "You did awesome!"

Y/n: "Thank you Momoi, are the others with you?"

Momoi: "Yeah let me put you on speaker. Guys its Kuroko."

Kise: "Kurokagecchi you stole my style!" Y/n chuckled.

Y/n: "Yeah I took a page out of your book."

Aomine: "How did you lose your leg?" There was a small gasp from Momoi followed by the sound of something being hit and Aomine saying oww.

Y/n: "No, it is a reasonable question to ask, no shame in that." Y/n began to retell the story of how he lost his leg and even went into the time of recovery. "But how are you guys doing? I saw your last game and it looked like Murasakibara took a nasty hit by that horned guy."

Murasakibara: "It was not that bad, a bit of bruising is still left, but nothing serious." The giant sounded bored, but Y/n could swear there was a small smile on his face.

The group continued to chat for a while, just talking about every day things, how the classes are, what they are doing for training, what they are thinking will happen in the next weeks and so on.

After an hour they said their goodbyes and Y/n dialed the last number for the day.

Nejire: "HI KURO-KUN!"

Y/n: "Hello to you too. Mind if I add the others to the call?" The answer came by Nejire adding Mirio and Tamaki to the call. "Hey guys, how did it go for you?"

Mirio: "First place for me, Nejire got second place and Tamaki got third." Mirio quickly explained.

Nejire: "It was only because I can't get a hit on you. Next year I will win."

Tamaki: "You said that last year too."

Nejire: "Tamaki~" The girl whined. The chat between the four was filled with jokes. Once finished Y/n got changed and went to bed. Before he could fall asleep however he received a message.

It was Mei.

Mei: 'Your new leg will be done by tomorrow evening.' It said. Y/n instantly dialed her number. "Yes?"

Y/n: "No tinkering today." Y/n said sternly.

Mei: "But-"

Y/n: "No tinkering. My leg can wait get some rest or I will speak to Power Loader, because I am pretty sure you broke in into the workshops." There was a moment of silence.

Mei: "You wouldn't." She sounded scared.

Y/n: "I threw a flashbang granade at a group of civilians. Try me." The girl let out a sigh as Y/n heard her put down whatever she was working on.

Mei: "Meanie." She quickly ended the call right after. Y/n send a message to Power Loader, telling him about what happened. It was mean, yes, but the Hero gave Y/n his number exactly for that reason. Come to think of it Y/n had the number of almost every teacher at UA. Not just for his job as the Class Representative, but it has become obvious that Y/n had to become something akin to the teachers last ditch effort when it comes to keeping some order. With Y/ns ability to see the students in situations when they think they are unseen, it was normal that the teachers think of him as the perfect snitch.

It was rare that Y/n actually snitched though. He would first talk to the student, let them explain themselves, hoping to see the reasoning. Often it would end there. The student admitted to their faults, they would apologize and it's done. Some would even go to the teachers themselves. The few times Y/n did tell on someone, it was in cases of repeated offenses or very serious things. Like that one student from Class 1-B who used his Quirk to creep on the girls from his class while they were getting changed.

The boy was able to sink into shadows and move around inside them. It was exactly the kind of thing people expected of Y/n to do with his Quirk.

From what he has heard the boy had been suspended for a couple of weeks and as such had missed out on the Sports Festival. His information ended there.

Y/n just layed there until sleep finally took over.

That is it for this chapter I hope you liked it.

Let me know in the comments below.

Stay safe.

Wolfy out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 44 9
Ever since quirks had been discovered people were split into three groups Heroes, Villains and civilians like most people Y/n wanted to be a hero but...
275K 8.5K 20
What if All Might didn't lose the sludge villain the second time? What if Izuku Midoriya was not knocked out of his thoughts on that rooftop by the e...
99.7K 4.6K 30
A shadow is a hero that works in the shadows of a limelight hero, doing everything they can to ensure that their hero wouldn't die. However what happ...
57.2K 2.2K 20
Limited control. Limitless power. And the potential to become one of the greatest heroes of all time. All (F/N) (L/N) has to do is learn how to maste...