The Demon King's Beloved Daug...

By arandomsecret

Freya Antinea Laphinia woke up from an assassination attempt with memories of her previous life. She reincarn... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
~Christmas Special~
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60

27

10.8K 492 20
By arandomsecret

Arche tilted his head to the door when he heard footsteps approaching. One was Freya's, who did the other two belong to?

"Daddy!" Freya beamed making him nod. His eyes scanned the figures behind her, so it was the twins.

...Why were their ears being pulled by Freya?

Cinder who was lazing around saw that his owner has arrived. He spent no time rushing over, pouncing on her face. After he finished frolicking with Freya, he sat on her head, letting out a comfortable 'gyuu'.

"They're joining us for breakfast." She explained when she saw her father's puzzled face. At the same time, she released them and gestured to the servants to bring two more sets.

Arche simply knocked the table twice to make it expand. The previous size was perfect for two but a little too small for four.

The servants wasted no time bringing the chairs and food. Everything was done in under three minutes. After what happened at the debutante ball, their hearts were always beating faster around Freya.

The table was round, no matter how much Austin and Alistar wanted to avoid each other, it was impossible.

Freya saw their hesitation and knocked their heads with her knuckles, "Sit."

Their eyes met out of habit before quickly averting away. Freya saw this and chuckled briefly, twins will always be twins.

Arche had no time to care about teenagers' quarrels, he only wanted to have a delightful breakfast with his daughter. Was it that hard?

Freya on the other hand only cared about the food. The soufflé pancake on the table looked enticing. It was fluffy and jiggly. Ah, she can't wait to put it in her mouth!

And so she did. The twin's problem ended in the back of her head, she didn't pay them any heed as she ate away.

Austin wasn't shy and inhaled the pancake along with her. Alistar gave her the fruits on his plate seeing how much she loved them.

After finishing breakfast, Freya gave Arche a peck on the cheeks and pulled the twins away to the library.

There was no need for etiquette when being with them. Freya lay on the couch, occupying the whole thing while the two pitifully sat on the armrest.

"So why did the two of you fight?" She asked while playing with Cinder, not even glancing at them.

The two of them stayed silent, thinking about it made them irritated. Alistar murmured, "He's too stupid."

"That's nothing new." Freya raised her brow.

"Hey! I'm right here." Austin stomped his feet. Her tone was lukewarm as she said, "You think I'm blind? I know."

Austin humped and turned his head away. Freya said nothing but her hand automatically went to caress his head.

Austin couldn't stay mad when she did that, he grumbled silently in his heart, 'That's not fair.'

"That's too vague."

Alistar started explaining what happened as she nodded along. She summarized, "So to put it simply, you were tutoring him but he ran out of patience and wanted to quit. That pissed you off because he was the one who begged you to do it?"

"The same happened when I taught him mathematics," Austin added.

Though Alistar was bad at expressing himself, he does surprisingly well for language. While Austin who was easily mistaken as a fool tended to math and science.

"What a lame reason." A hint of disdain was present in her murmur but the corner of her lips quirked up anyway. Unfortunately, her little complaint was missed by the twins.

"Tell him that I won't apologize until he does." Austin turned to Freya.

"Tell him I will not." Alistar turned to her as well.

And so, they started to argue. The words 'tell him' gradually disappeared from their sentences as they got louder and louder. Freya clicked her tongue making them flinch.

"Then if I teach both of you, will this be settled?"

Freya saw their eyes brighten and held back a chuckle. She made sure her voice was stern, "Apologize to each other, then hug."

The twins apologized but they couldn't bring themselves to hug each other. Under Freya's pressuring stare, they gritted their teeth and hugged quickly.

Freya was satisfied and let out a snicker, "If you want me to teach you, you don't need to pretend to fight. I won't laugh."

Both Austin and Alistar paused, their heads stiffly turned to her as they gradually became bright red. They have been seen through from the start!

"I've been with you guys since I was five, you guys don't talk to each other if you're really fighting." Freya grinned like a Cheshire cat, "Is asking me to teach you so embarrassing that such a roundabout way is needed?"

"Well, y-you are younger." Austin stuttered. "But we're not as good as you."

"That's true." Freya wasn't humble. "Let's get started next week. Sort out the theories you don't understand by then."

Alistar nodded obediently making Freya ruffle his hair, he really is like a puppy.

Freya patted the wiggling Cinder in her arms, "Baby, behave. Oh, it's lunchtime. Go find your grandpa, dad will feed you." 

She gave the creature a few kisses before releasing it. She was sure he could find his way, but she still summoned a butterfly to lead the way. Freya got up lazily and stretched her arms and waist like a cat waking up from its nap.

"...aren't you way too perfect?" Austin sulked and stretched his arms across the table. "Being a genius is nice."

Freya wasn't a fan of being labeled a 'genius'. It made it seem like she didn't work hard. As Albert Einstein said, genius is 1% talent and 99% hard work.

But there was no point arguing with them, they didn't know about her past life. So it indeed seemed like she's a prodigy. She'll just take it as a compliment.

She glanced at him, " You're exalting me. I have many things I'm not good at. I just have a better memory than others."

Alistar frowned after recalling the things she could do, "You're being humble."

"No, not really." Freya took out a paper and pen.

She started tracing the pen on the paper, the twins peeked like curious kittens. What was she drawing?

"...what is this?" They asked in sync. This...a donkey? No, that would be an insult to donkeys.

Freya was quite thick-skinned, she replied without batting an eyelash, "A dog."

Both of them turned to the drawing again, "???"

Austin laughed aloud, "This...even kindergarteners do better than this!"

Alistar was more restrained, "...Are you trying to make us feel better?"

"No. This is how it is. You can't ask a fish to fly, can you?"

Although Freya's expression was calm, her ears that were covered by her hair were turning flushed. She licked her lips subconsciously and crumpled the paper before throwing it into the bin.

Austin rolled on the ground, clutching his stomach as he laughed. He didn't stop until she kicked his abdomen.

"I'm going to exercise." Freya turned away, her face emitting the words, 'I don't want to deal with this shit'.

"You still exercise every day?" Austin asked as he wiped away his tears. "Such self-discipline."

"Of course, with how much sweets I eat, I'll get fat if I don't. Do you think these abs maintain themselves?" She pointed to her abdomen. "Plus, it feels weird not to."

"Can't relate." Alistar knitted his brows.

Freya wanted to remind him that he was very active when they were kids. Though now, this dude started liking literature and philosophy. So he only trained an hour per day. That was already enough to make him better than his peers. 

She fell into a reverie, the word genius probably fitted the twins and Luca more than her. Oh, there was also Caiden...that...purely was a miracle. Her miracle. He had already exceeded the word genius. Her eyes became a shade darker, she better make him hers soon... 

"I'll go to the gym too, I want to run!" Austin became enthusiastic. "Last one to the gym is an idiot!"

His bright and loud voice snapped Freya out of her daze. She frowned as she kneaded her ears. 

"...how old are you?" Alistar didn't care to hide his revulsion. Before he could finish his sentence, his twin had already left behind a trail of smoke.

Freya giggled silently while she walked beside Alistar. Both of them ambled to the gym. She hummed a tune as she warmed up. Her slender figure was very flexible. Albeit she was stretching, she made it look like she was dancing.

As she was running she suddenly snapped her fingers.

She had forgotten to discuss what to do with Dylan with her dad. 

...Well, there's always later. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 6.3K 55
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
17.9K 470 29
Mitsuki Takahash is a young 19-year=old girl. She moved out from her abusive home and came to America. She finally free and living her live.....but s...
1.1M 42.9K 32
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. *** Viola is the youngest ch...
473 214 27
*1st in sacrificial (18/1/2024)* *1st in egoistical* *4th in demom* *3rd in coldfemalelead* *1st in salariana* *1st in cantdecipher* *1st in unknownl...