Pandya Store - Shiva Raavi (...

By RitaSkeeterIF

[COMPLETE] Synopsis: "So, Hetal, red chilies fell as two people bumped into each other. To be precise, Raavi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (Penultimate Chapter)
Chapter 42 (Final Chapter)
Chapter 43 (Epilogue Series 1)
Chapter 44 (Epilogue Series 2)
Chapter 45 (Epilogue Series 3)
Chapter 46 (Epilogue Series 4)
Chapter 47 (Epilogue Series 5)
Chapter 48 (Last Epilogue)

Chapter 21

1.4K 60 16
By RitaSkeeterIF

In the morning, a pre-occupied Raavi was still thinking about last night's events as made her way to the aangan. Everyone was drinking Chai, discussing their plans for the day. Everyone except Krish, Shiva, Suman Kaki and herself would be spending the day outside attending meetings or visiting other family members after doing the pooja for Dhanteras. Raavi was thankful for that, it would give her an opportunity to prepare for Chef Vikaas Khanna's Chefs Helping Chefs Program. Surprisingly, they had sent an apologetic email that owing to their busy schedule, they would like to meet tomorrow amid the Diwali holidays. She could have pushed it, but she didn't want to let go of the opportunity that came knocking at her doorstep.

"Raavi Bhabhi, aaj khana sirf humare liye banega, naa... kya idea hai?" asked Krish.

"Tu bata, kya khaega?" said Raavi ruffling his hair, answering question with a question. She couldn't think about food when her mind was busy thinking about last night's steamy kisses. Krish said, "hmm...Aloo Poori, uske saath kuch meetha, such as caramel Phirni, ya rose saffron sheera," practically salivating at 8 AM in the morning.

"Aay Margundi gaay, mujhe bas khichdi chahiye," said Suman refusing to eat the unhealthy food Krish requested.

"Arrey Raavi, Shiva se nahi poochegi, kya khaega?" asked Dhara Bhabhi smiling. Raavi looked at Shiva, raised her eyebrow in question, turning pink remembering the events of last night, images of waking up to his face buried in her chest and his arms wrapped around her, swirled in her head.

Shiva saw Raavi' cheeks turn pink, and he knew exactly what she was thinking. He realized last night he had changed the terms of their relationship permanently, and complicated issues between them a hundred-fold, but truth be told he only could remember his Raavi's kisses. He knew kissing Raavi would be... fiery, but she exceeded his wildest expectations. She was so innocently passionate, fierce, ardently eager, as if she could absorb all of his passions, his adoration and desire for her and give him the purest part of herself: her lov—that's enough Shiva. But his mind and other parts of his body had other plans; all night he had been blessed with images of her under him, begging him to kiss her, letting him love her however he wanted. He shook his head, forcing himself to stop thinking about her gorgeous body. He knew he had broken the invisible barrier between them; things could never go back to the way they used to be, and the inevitable would happen sooner or later.

But when he caught her eye, he mischievously thought to himself, Iss Chipkali ki poonch keechne main bahot maaza aata hai. Setting down his chai, he went up to her, touched her pink stained cheeks, "rehne do, Bhabhi, jo main khana chata hoon, iski bas ki baat nahi hai" he smirked. With that he left to take a shower, leaving the rest of his family shocked.

Shiva had a lazy morning, as he ran errands that Raavi gave him. To keep some semblance of normalcy, she ordered him about saying khane ki shauk hai toh kaam bhi karo. He was lounging with Krish playing video games and surreptitiously watching Raavi prep for her meeting. He knew Raavi was the right choice to set up the dessert bar within the Pandya Store. When she put her mind to something, she was hardworking and enterprising, with a passion for cooking. She studiously worked on her plans and menu, often frowning, or biting her lip. But when she stumbled upon something she had done right, her eyes lit up with joy, and gave herself a self-satisfied smile. It made him want to take her to a secret corner, protect her and keep her all to himself.

Shiva was distracted out of his thoughts, as Raavi beckoned him to show him her presentation and asked, "kaisa laga?" He sat beside her on the swing and looked at her work so far. She had designed her menu such that they would be using items produced locally in Gujarat which would keep the cost lower than having to import from out of state suppliers. It was simple, cozy, familiar and very Gujarati.

Shiva looked at her appreciatively, and said, "This is amazing", and pointed out some minor tweaks to improve her presentation, joking that she still didn't know how to do percentage multiplication. But Raavi was glad Shiva liked her work. She wasn't sure why, but it mattered to her that he liked it.

"I need to understand the timing of deliveries so I can get a sense of how to order ingredients for the dessert bar." said Raavi. Shiva nodded, and explained the merchandising and inventory process, in detail. Raavi took in all the information, and she was impressed. Looking after shipments, planning inventory wasn't an easy job, but Shiva was smart and capable enough to learn it all on his own thru practice, and trial and error.

They spent some time drilling down on various details of her presentation, and she was surprised how well they still worked together. In high school, when they worked together on projects, they'd been good team, so she was glad that they were still in tune with each other. I can tell nothing has changed by the way he kissed you yesterday, her inner self snickered at her. She chided herself to not be so flippant.

But her curiosity got better of her, she shut her computer, "Shiva, tu itna sab jaanta hai toh hamesha sirf Naresh aur Rupen ke saath hi kyun bori uta hai? Kuch aur bhi toh kar..." asked Raavipuzzled.

Shiva looked uncomfortable, and muttered he forgot something in the terrace and sprinted up, clearly avoiding her question. She instantly followed him, grabbed him by his index finger and said, "bata mujhe?"

In one smooth motion, he pulled her closer and wrapped his arms around her waist, and asked, "Jaan ke kaunsa aachar dalegi..."

Not caring it was the middle of the day, or that neighbours could see them, she automatically looped her arms around his neck and simply stared at him. His hair spilling over his head, his gaze averted, he looked cute. But she knew better...his lips were capable of sin. She slowly brushed his hair to the side, turned his chin so he met her eyes, and quietly said, "Just because I am asking, isn't that enough?"

Shiva looked at her intently, "As to helping Naresh and Rupen lifting boris, that's work too, just like what Dev and Gaumbi do. There is nobody who is going to care about my store more than me. So, if I don't set an example and do the dirty work, they won't respect me."

He paused, briefly hesitated and said, "You will have to do the same, Raavi. You will have to work hard even when things get tough for you and earn respect of your staff by setting the example and standard of work, otherwise, all of this is pointless."

Raavi nodded, and in that moment, she realized that no matter that they had grown up together, life had treated them very differently. She understood how much Maasi and Mausapa had protected her from harsh realities of life, whereas Shiva had intimately gotten to know every curveball life could have thrown at him, and he had come out each time victorious albeit battle hardened. He was hard-working, responsible, and dependable. She knew that no job, no task was above or below Shiva. If a job needed to get done, Shiva would evaluate what action needed to be taken, and walk that path till it was completed.

Suddenly, she felt ashamed that she had ever compared Shiva to a gentleman, or ever unfairly judged him against Dev, made petty, mean remarks about the tel, masala smell and his sloppy clothes after an exhausting hard day at the Store, despite being an owner of the business. Dhara Di's words echoed in her mind, dhundne per bhi Shiva jaisa ladka nahi milega.

Shiva saw Raavi staring at him as if she were discovering something for the first time, eyes shining with unshed tears. He tipped her chin upwards, and said "Kya hua, muh kyun kaddu ki tarah latka hua hai? Bahot bhook lag rahi hai kya?" to which Raavi bit her lip and shook her head. She tightened her arms around him and said, "I am so sorry I ever said mean things about your appearance, or tel masala ki smell...I-I should have known better than to judge a book by its cover. I think you are smart and talented, so you shouldn't let anything stop you from going after what you want..." She paused and awkwardly finished, "And, you, uh, smell great, by the way." And taste even better, she thought to herself. After the kiss, she had a feeling, she'd have a hard time keeping her hands and her mouth to herself. Even when she woke up, she had to physically stop herself from kissing his cheek.

Taken aback, he just nodded to indicate he accepted her apology. She looked at him, and asked, "This doesn't mean you can't try and help Dev and Gaumbi too when they go to bank and client meetings?"

He shrugged, "I could try, but I don't want to be concerned with those meetings...the fancy talk, its too... bothersome. Dev aur Gaumbi do those things specifically because they are good at it."

"But you can do it too?" she asked "I know it's a risk, but don't you want to try and help the Store? Your brothers?" she asked. Don't you want to take risk on me...us?

He stared at her, and remarked, "Are you asking me to take on risky business...?"

She chuckled but didn't say anything. When neither of them moved, she lost the battle to keep her mouth to herself. She leaned in further kissed his cheek, where sensation spread to every corner of his being, and whispered, "Thank you." They stood together looking into each others' eyes. As their kiss yesterday and her conversation with Hetal echoed in mind, Raavi was trying to decipher the unsaid words, and make sense of the pieces of the puzzle called Shiva.

"Shiva, mere earrings dekho," said Raavi pointing to her north star shaped earrings, "Kuch yaad aaya?" He looked at the earnings, and recognition struck him, but he swiftly looked down.

"Yeh tune kareed ke diye the na jab hum Grad Excursion gaye the? Maine realize kiya jab Hetal ne videos dikhaye," she said. She was still confused that he had bought them for her all those years ago, and just slipped them in her bag, without telling her. "They are my favorite earrings. Why didn't you say something, instead of just dropping them in my bag?" she asked, kissing his other cheek, as she felt him tightening his arms around her without saying anything.

At his continued silence, "Can I show you something else you gave me?" she asked innocently.

She unlocked her arms around his neck, and tossed her dupatta to the ground, and reached back to lower the zip of her modest kurti by a few inches.

"Idhar dekh na," while she tugged the neckline of her kurti lower to show him. Faint bite marks and whisker burns marred the peachy brown skin around her neck.

Shiva steeled himself to stay stoic, as she worked her magic on him. If he thought it was hard to keep his distance from Raavi before he kissed her, this was infinitely harder. But when she showed him the faint bruises from his kisses, he lost all will to resist her. He caressed the mole on her cheek, before dragging his finger down her neckline gently, admiring his artwork. When his calloused fingers rubbed her bruised skin oh-so-softly, she let out the breath she had been holding.

He had to kiss her, feel her, and worship her. He looked into her eyes; he knew she wouldn't stop him. Not now. Not ever.

In one fluid motion, Raavi was twirled and pushed against the glass terrace sun house they had recently built, simultaneously shielding her from anyone else. Shiva tugged her zipper lower and bent his head to kiss his bites from last night. Shivaaa, she purred, her head slightly tipping back, welcoming his touch. He nuzzled the tender skin on her neck, tasting, nipping, biting until she let out a pain hazed pleasured groan. Sinking her fingers into his hair, she tugged his head up.

Shiva's head came up, he wrapped one arm around her, the other hand shaped her skull, his large fingers enveloping her head and claimed her lips. Raavi locked her arms around his neck, getting swept away in a sea of pleasure as she responded with frantic open-mouthed kisses of her own, pulling his tongue into her mouth wanting to taste and feel all of him at once. Shiva let out a pant, as if he were surprised by her response. Without breaking the kiss, he lifted her up by her sides, and she wrapped her legs around him. Resting her forearms on his shoulders, her fingernails scraped his scalp gently, massaging his neck, encouraging him, as his lips feasted over hers, his tongue fighting for dominance, stroking the sensitive spots that made her moan in desire for him.

Locking her securely between his chest and the glass wall, his hands roamed all over her, skimming her thighs, squeezing her hips, kneading her bottom, rubbing her low back, causing her to purr in satisfaction. He pulled her kurti down her shoulder to expose the strap of her bra. He licked and kissed the skin below the strap, following the thin line from her shoulder to the top of her breasts. He stopped there and looked up at Raavi moaning, her lips quivering in anticipation. He shook his head, and her legs tightened around his hips, the balls of her feet digging into his back in anger. "Kiss me properly," she whimpered, not caring where they were. He couldn't stoke fire so high in her and leave her hungering for more. In response, he licked her lips again, tugging, biting the bottom lip until it was bruised, and soothed her by peppering her lips with wet kisses again, and again until she was kissing him back with fervor, running her hands through his face, neck, touching any part of his bare skin that she could get her hands on.

Breaking apart with a low moan, he hugged her to him, holding her tightly, as if he never wanted to let go. When she looked at him wide eyes, her hair streaming around them, he softly kissed her forehead, her jaw, her cheeks, murmuring this beauty mark on your cheek will...drive me insane. He gently tucked her hair back, reveling in the silkiness of her locks, roughly muttering "You are a goddess..."

He gently let her down, moved back an inch, braced his arms on either side of her, as if she were too dangerous to be touched. Raavi snaked her arms under his t-shirt and pulled him closer towards her so that her breasts were meshed against his chest, and her warm core was tucked snuggly against his hard member. She hated the concept of space between them. He lifted his head up, in an effort to stop himself, but she tugged him back to her by peppering slow kisses along his jaw, his Adam's apple and his neck, biting where his pulse throbbed for her.

Shiva let out a low growl, cupping her face again, pressing quick kisses to her lips, dragging his mouth across her temple, eyes, cheeks, and her nose. He rubbed his nose against hers, and looked deep into her eyes, bright with unsaid emotion, her cheeks flushed, and her lips swollen... "We have to stop now, otherwise, I will end up taking you right here," said Shiva.

Raavi pouted but nodded, hugging herself to him, her hands caressing his bare back and stayed silent. Raavi tightened her arms around him, mentally retracing her steps: she had come up to convince him to take a chance on himself... and them but ended up making out with him. She really was a Chipkali.

Maybe it was the kiss, maybe it was her impulsive nature, but the all-important question that she had been harbouring for a long time just tumbled out of her mouth, "Tu ne mujhe divorce dena ka faisla kyun kiya? Kya tu sach main yeh divorce chahta hai?" searching his eyes for a response. The second she asked that question, Shiva's demeanor changed. Shiva untangled himself, and moved away from her, breaking eye contact. He did not want to answer that question.

In for a penny, in for a pound, she though to herself, as she persisted, "tu sach main mere baigar zindagi guzar lega? Kya tu itna smart hai ki 5 saal experience ko 50 saal keech lega? Kisi aur ladki... khulle aasman ke neeche aise...kiss..."

Her questions were the equivalent of swimming in the North Pole reminding him of all the unresolved issues between them. Getting irritated, he said, "tu bata na tu kya chahti hai?" At her stony silence and mulish expression, he said, "kyun muh main dahi jham gaya? Saare saawal one way traffic nahi hoti, Raavi."

She said, "yeh divorce ka taanta tu ne start kiya, na? Tu hi isko lipta de phir!"

"Sign kya teri judwa behen kiya tha?" he snapped.

Gadedha. Stubborn sarphira bandar. "Toh tujhe samajh nahi aa raha, main kya chahti hoon?" she huffed. I am waiting for you to screw the world and come running to me.

"Nahi, aa raha samajh. Pehle tu apne muh se saaf saaf bata, tu kya chahti hai," said Shiva stubbornly. The truth is I am burning in my love for you, Raavi.

Clucking her tongue in exasperation, "Toh phir, mere ek bhi sawaal ka jawaab nahi hai tere paas?" asked Raavi getting vexed.

Taking a deep breath, "Raavi, chod ye sab, aur chal, apna kaam pura kar," he said trying to distract her, as he straightened her clothes, did up her zipper and wrapped the dupatta back on her neck. Wrong thing to say – her nose turned up anger, and she yelled, "haan, chodna tere liye itna easy jo hai," and stomped away.

Climbing back down to aangan, Suman was waiting for them, "Upar kya kar rahe the?" as Raavi and Shiva looked at each other, thinking of a response. In unison, they said,

"Maa, woh call ke liye network check kar raha tha..."

"Kaki, sukhe kapade nikalane main meri madad..."

Suman nodded in understanding, "toh kapade kahan hai?" she asked Raavi.

At Raavi's blank stare, she turned to Shiva, "bahot important call tha na? Call kiya?" Shiva blinked, nodded, and shook his head uncertainly.

"Koi baat nahi, Internet ke dande jab maarte hain, tab koi kya kar sakta hai. Tu bas, face-to-face, Disha se mil. Lunch ke baad," said Suman pointedly, wheeling herself away.

Shiva followed her to the kitchen and hugged Raavi from the back, resting his chin on her shoulder, and said "ab iska bill mere saar main maat phadna."

Raavi continued to heat up the sabzi and said, "mujhe pata hai, tujhe meri dhum keechne main bahot maaza aata hai, lekin mujhe nahi pasand ki koi aur ladki hamare beech aaye."

"Main uss Disha ko kab ka bol chuka hoon, humare beech kuch nahi ho sakta, lekin woh maanti hi nahi hai," said Shiva.

"Tu apne maa ko kab jaake ye bolega?" asked Raavi seriously. At his stoic silence, she shook her head, bewildered, and said, "Tu decide karle Shiva, tu ye divorce hone dega --

"Tu bhi toh saaf saaf bata tu kya chahti hai?" he asked her, interrupting her.

Switching off the stove, shoving a spoon in annoyance, she turned sideways, and kissed him hard on the lips, "ab samajh main aaya main kya chahti hoon?"

When he shook his head 'no', she pressed another hard kiss to his lips, raking her hands over his, and squeezing them tightly over her waist, "ab samajh main aaya?"

He looked at her silently, ever so slightly shaking his head 'no'. Lightly slapping his cheek in irritation at his bullheadedness, she pressed another hard kiss to his lips, this time biting them until he let out a low hiss, muttering mami ki behen ki beti kaati hai, "ab samajh aaya, Shiva?"

He looked at her silently, without saying a word, she stomped her feet annoyed, "Nahi aa raha samajh? Theek hai, toh phir divorce de hi de. Gadedha. Lekin agar tere bandar wale harkton ke wajah ye divorce hogaya, toh..."

"Toh?" asked Shiva. Oh, so NOW he spoke. Resisting the urge to pull his thick, silky hair in frustration, she continued, "Agar divorce hogaya toh sach main yahan se chali jaaungi aur teri zindagi main kabhi wapas nahi aaungi. Phir pakad ke baithna kisi aur ki poonch ko, zindagi bhar ke liye. Bloody Fool." With that Raavi shrugged him off and went to set the table for lunch.

During lunch, Shiva sneaked glances at Raavi– if glares could burn holes, Shiva would have been punctured hundred times over. Shiva pleaded Krish to help a brother out and help Raavi feel better. Krish made a face at him to say, this is all your fault, but he adopted his cutest voice, and said "Bhabhi, TV serials dekhte hain!"

Raavi's mood slightly improved at that suggestion. She did like TV soaps, and it would be a welcome distraction from being annoyed at Shiva. Krish switched on the TV, and their favorite show, BhabhiMa's opening credits brightened the screen. The insufferable Bhabhi in a joint family was constantly doing some sacrifice for the family causing more trouble than solving any problems. Nonetheless, Krish and his Bhabhi loved watching it together.

To occupy Raavi's mind with something other than her problems, "In yesterday's episode, BhabhiMa participated in a Garba competition, even though she is pregnant, and doctor told her not to. She then fainted mid dance," said Krish much to Raavi's shock.

"WHAT! I feel so sorry for her. This always happens to her," said Raavi woefully turning her attention to the screen as Shiva rolled his eyes.

Krish and Raavi watched the serial enraptured, gasping, clutching hands as the scene unfolded on the TV screen. Shiva seriously couldn't believe they watched this crap. During commercial break, he couldn't help himself, "You don't think they should have called the doctor? And her costume! Ridiculous! So illogical and stupid on so many levels!"

At Shiva's 'I-don't-get-it' expression, "Shiva, you will never understand. This is BhabhiMa we are talking about, you have to understand her decisions from the heart, not your brain," said Krish feelingly turning his attention back to the screen.

"She sounds mad, just like the both of you..." said Shiva.

Raavi immediately turned to him with a warning glare, and sternly said, "Shut up or Leave. I am already very upset with you." But he secretly didn't mind watching his Raavi's reactions to the dumb TV serials she loved watching and took too seriously. She was so engrossed, her face relayed every small emotion she felt, like a live Twitter feed.

Thus, he stayed back, rather than going about his day watching his Raavi because her vulnerability earlier in the kitchen stuck with him. He sat beside her, whether to comfort her or himself, he didn't know, but he sat with her all afternoon, bickering with her, teasing her, and when he thought Krish wasn't paying attention, holding her hand, playing with her fingers. The truth was he knew what she wanted from him, yet when all his reasons and excuses faded, only one thing remained---he was scared. He'd love nothing more than keep her with him for forever, but he was scared of ruining her life. He didn't want her to wake up ten years from now and blame him or worse herself for sticking with him.

"Raavi, this is amazing work!" said Gaumbi after she finished her mock presentation. Raavi beamed and gave a self-satisfied smile. She had shown her design layout for her dessert café, laid out the menu with couple of sample dishes. Calling a temporary stalemate, she asked him to help her to finish up the mock presentation so she could briefly touch upon projected revenues, and logistics of supplies.

"Raavi, do you think if we took out these Mango Elaichi energy bars, we could reduce the costs even further? I mean that's the only product for which the supplies are from another vendor, and they seem to be charging a premium," asked Dev.

Good Question, Mr. Dev. Raavi bit her lip as she flicked thru her notes for a response. Shiva watched as Raavi thought of a response. After few minutes, he looked at her silently confirming he could speak on this topic and he said, "Dev, that's only for couple of months, I know another family-owned business that specialises on sun-drying sugar rich fruits like mangoes, and their production facility is closer to Mansukh bhai's delivery route, which cuts costs considerably," explained Shiva much to everybody else's surprise. At Dev's silence, Shiva said, "Look at this," as Raavi proved his projections by adjusting few data points on her Excel file. After hashing out every detail with Raavi to their satisfaction, Dev and Rishita gave their stamp of approval to present to Chef Vikaas Khanna's team tomorrow.

"I think its time for Shiva to step up and start helping us with meetings too, its not fair only Raavi gets this privilege. Your hands-on experiences can translate to some interesting ideas which can help us and the Store." said Gaumbi, smiling and everyone else nodded. Raavi looked at Shiva curiously. It was same thing she said earlier in the morning.

"Main kahan, Gaumbi. Main jo kar raha hoon wahin theek hoon," mumbled Shiva and walked off.

Later into the night, after changing into her night suit, Raavi came into their room to be greeted by Shiva, who was waiting for her.

"Abhi bhi naraaz hai, kya?" he asked cautiously. She had acted like an irate fairy all dinner, her invisible wings fluttered haughtily, and communicated in mono-syllables and glares.

"Tujhe aisa kyun laga?"

"Woh mujhe bas ek Gulab Jamun mila, baaki sabko teen chaar mila, aur mere night shirts bhi gayaab hai," he said, watching her curiously.

"Jaa, meri judwa behen se pooch ke aa," she said, as she sat on the bed, rubbing lotion on her arms.

"Toh, ye bhi main ussi ko doon?" asked Shiva, holding out bubble tea in front of her, trying not to get distracted at the sight of her rubbing lotion on her arms.

Snatching the drink from him, she turned her face away, muttering, nahi chahiye mujhe bubble tea. He shook his head at her, glad she took the small peace offering.

"Raavi, mujhe sach main pata nahi tha, Disha tujhe call karegi aur divorce ke baare main poochegi," said Shiva, mentally cursing that woman, who hurt his wife and ruined the temporary truce they had struck before her mock presentation. He hadn't bothered talking to Disha like his mother asked him earlier in the day, and she had directly called Raavi, instead. This on top of their fight earlier in the day; safe to say, Raavi was upset.

"Koi aira gaira abhi mere shaadi ke baare pooch raha hai. Pann...tu ne apna mooh ko silence mode pe kiya hua hai. Tu nahi bata sakta ki tu ne kya decide kiya?" asked Raavi irately, sipping her bubble tea. When Disha had called her, she hung up on that woman, just muttering, network issues, dissipating all the warm fuzzy feelings she had for Shiva when he helped her on the mock presentation listening to her after their talk on the terrace.

"Tu bhi saaf saaf bata, tu kya chahti hai?" he countered.

Throwing a pillow at him, "Tera maut mere hi haat likhi hai," said Raavi, angry with the 'first you, no, first you' game, and flopped backwards, wiping her tears.

"Wahan kahan so rahi hai?" asked Shiva, as she looked at him, "main yahin theek hoon" said Raavi, as she made her bed on the opposite side, at the foot of the bed. He nodded. If that's what she wanted, so be it. They fell silent on their respective sides of the bed, both miserable, afraid of being hurt, and each wanting the other to speak up, first.

Fed up with tossing and turning, she got up to open the windows, and sat on the edge of the sill. Stubborn, sweet, infuriating, caring man. Would he ever have the courage to fight for them? She took a deep breath mentally chanting to be patient, but now that she had verbalised her questions and her feelings were progressing much faster than she could keep up with, she was quickly finding patience wasn't a virtue she was blessed with. She just wanted him to tell her, his true thoughts and stop with the mixed signals. If he ever left her again...bol de Shiva, main ye divorce nahi chahta.

Shiva turned to his side, and took in Raavi's silhouette, sipping her bubble tea, looking up at the stars and the moon. Without a doubt, she was crying. You know Shiva, you may not have gone to university, but you seem to have a PhD in making her cry. He couldn't answer her question...this was his fear, confessing his feelings to her, making her stay in this marriage out of some weird obligation to his family or to him, only to wake up one day regretting her choices and blaming herself. How could she want to stay with him and forgive him for the way he treated her, when he couldn't?

Suddenly, this room, this house felt suffocating. He got up, put on a t-shirt, and jumped out the window, much to Raavi's surprise. He came back moments later on his bike and said, "Chal, mere saath," looking at her intently.

She searched his eyes, and found the similar apprehensions and fears, and something else. Something just for her that gave her hope. Nodding, she sat on the bike. He turned around, wiped her tears, looped her dupatta around her neck couple of times so it didn't threaten to fall off mid-ride and then drove off. Neither he told her, nor she asked where they were going.

Shiva liked to drive fast, and Raavi loved speed. Lifting her hands in the air, she breathed in the crisp night air. Feeling wind whipping through her face, her hair flying, improved her mood dramatically and felt herself come alive. "Aur fast chala, Shiva!" yelled Raavi. Smiling at her enthusiasm, he didn't need to be told twice. He yelled back, "kaske pakad, chipkali"; she held him tight, her face resting on his back as he increased the accelerator, and they could've sworn they were flying.

He had a specific place in mind to take Raavi, so he kept driving until they reached the Somnath Beach, knowing she loved being near the water. Her eyes lit up when she saw the shoreline. Raavi squealed in excitement, challenged him, "race you there," and ran as fast as she could.

"Oh, you are on!!" and ran behind her, hot at her heels, as she kicked off her slippers, shrugging off her dupatta, she ran into the waves, her laughter echoing into the night. She jumped in joy, sinking her feet into the wet sand, feeling the waves play with her, tease her into include them in her fun.

Hearing her laughter, he came to a stop beside her unable to take his eyes his off her. He was mesmerised by the image of her chasing, playing with the waves, splashing the water around, sometimes at him, smiling in pure joy thoroughly enjoying the moment. If happiness could take a human form, it would have been his Raavi.

A few minutes later, she gave him a questioning glance, and beckoned him to join her. He shook his head, paused a couple of seconds, before extending his hand. Smiling and nodding Raavi ran and jumped into his arms. He wrapped his arms around her tightly and her momentum made him spin her half-circle.

"Did you get tired running after me? Because I am fast?" she asked, teasing him.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, who am I to break your delusions?" said Shiva, letting her down, draping her dupatta around her like a shawl, wrapping one arm around her neck, and holding their slippers in the other hand.

Raavi snaked her arm around his back, and rubbed her nose on his shoulder, "I am so pleased you brought me here."

They walked the shoreline together, occasionally Shiva pointing out the stars in the night sky. He pointed out the Pleiades an open star cluster, visible in the night sky during this time of the year. She nodded, staring at him sideways as he continued narrating the Indian mythological significance behind Pleiades or Krittika. This isnt quickly progressing feelings, Raavi. You are lost in him, she thought to herself, unwilling to name this feeling that had taken over every part of her.

She stopped and looked at him. He stood in front of her, and gave her a quizzical look, as if to ask if she wanted to go back home. When she shook her head no, he felt the air change between them, as he tucked her hair behind her ear, taking in her quivering lips, her searching eyes and vulnerable, soft breathing.

She brushed his hair away, and softly rubbing his nose, and the high points of his cheek, murmuring, "make yourself useful, and kiss me."

He nodded and pulled her to him by grabbing her waist. Automatically, her arms went around his neck, and he pressed his lips to hers. She responded eagerly, clinging to him, as he opened her mouth with his. He pulled her closer, as his tongue stroked hers, slowly at first, but when she didn't offer any resistance, he deepened the kiss, until she was drowning in taste and feel of him. She whimpered helplessly, as he cupped her cheeks, and pressed a string of kisses across her lips, her jaw, the mole on her check, before locking his lips on to hers, and sweetly searched her mouth until she was moaning his name in delight. Shaking at the warmth he stroked inside her, she rested her chin on his shoulder, and said, "I am tired, I want to lie down, here."

"Chipkali... yahan? Sone se pehle tu sau cheezien karti haitera lotion, lip balm, lavender pillow spray. Pillow aur blanket nahi hai...aur tujhe raat ko aasani se thand bhi lagti hai," he said, "hum ghar chalte hain," as she shook her head.

"Shiva, tujhe lagta hai, mujhe woh sab chahiye" she said pointedly, "mera pillow" she pointed to his chest, and "mera blanket" she pointed to his arms. "Aur kuch?" He looked away, not missing the point she was trying to make, but didn't want to acknowledge.

Raavi wrapped her dupatta around him, and she said, "chal, aaja. Black and white ki heroine ki tarah sharma mat, main tere izzat ke saath koi khilwad bhi nahi karoongi," to which he rolled his eyes at her, muttering tera koi bharosa nahi hai.

Settling down on the sand, he used his left palm as a makeshift pillow for himself, and Raavi stretched out her limbs to sleep beside him. She rested her head on his chest as he wrapped his arm and dupatta around her. Despite the unresolved issues between them, the small changes in their relationship, their growing intimacy gave her hope for their future. She would hold on this if that's all she could get...for now.

She looked at him and cautiously asked "Wont you consider what Gaumbi requested earlier in the evening? I know you loved helping me today..."

At his silence, "Tu apne aap main khamiyan dhundna band kar. You are more than fine! You should help the family business with your knowledge and skills, but for that, you have to take a risk in life, right? Even its on yourself, you may even be surprised at the outcome," said Raavi. She prayed Shiva would take the risk on himself and them, break the last few barriers between them and stay with her forever.

He turned sideways, facing her, "Hamesha mujhe gyaan deti rehti hai. Khud ke liye kuch bacha ke rakh. Tu ready hai, life main risk lene ke liye?" looking intently at her. She met his gaze confidently but cryptically. She wanted him to run to her. To lighten the mood between them, she clutched his pendant and dramatically said, "jab zindagi ek baar milti hai, toh do baar kyun soche?"

Shiva gave a short bark of laughter, "Teri filmi bakwaas khatam hi nahi hoti. Chup chaap so ja. Nautanki."

A few minutes later, "What am I going to do with you?" he asked out loud rhetorically. No response. He looked down, and she was sleeping peacefully clutching his pendant. Chipkali. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.8K 3.2K 22
After Dev and Rishita got married, leaving Raavi heartbroken and crushed, her maami decided to send her off to her hometown. And Raavi agreed, havin...
Tanhaiyaan... By

Fanfiction

23.4K 1.4K 22
A story on #shivi of pandya store. This starts from the scene where Shiva throws Raavi out of their house after hospital kaand... A completely differ...
35.9K 3.3K 72
Life is a challenge... In many phases of life we need to complete some challenges... True love is a unique and passionate bond that connects you as a...
44.9K 2K 22
MAIN CHARACTERS-- Kanwar Dhillon as Shiva Pandya- Top Businessman of Delhi, 28 year old A widower, soft hearted, mature , fun loving but misses his...