Abducted | Book 1 | Vreekar

By ilyaaime

| * I N * P R O G R E S S * | | P R O L O U G E | Overpopulation. Climate change. Nuclear warfare. Despite... More

one |
two |
three |
four |
five |
six |
seven |
eight |
nine |
ten |
eleven |
twelve |
thirteen |
fourteen |
fifteen |
sixteen |
seventeen |
eighteen |
nineteen |
twenty pt one
one | vreekar [sneak peek]
twenty pt two
twenty one |
two | vreekar [sneak peek]

twenty two |

2.7K 82 33
By ilyaaime

I tried to keep my mind off of the craft carved from rock when Vree took us to the sector of the ship that held tonight's festivities. The fireworks showing was in the same sector of ship as the festivities last night, but this night Vree took me through a tubular elevator that took us up several flights, to a whole new sector of the ship that I haven't seen. But, given how large the mothership was, I doubted I'd be able to know every inch of it as much as Vree did.

Tonight we were in another large, dome shaped room. Although room was an understatement, because we were standing on something that was nearly as wide as a football field, the top of the domed-ceiling a perfect view of the galaxy above around us. 

A good portion of the space was dedicated to their on-site gardening systems where they kept seeds from their home planted, as well as from Earth. There were mini eating areas scattered about, and the entire space was filled with booths, games, and carnival rides that were a mixture of from both Earth and the Frivrok people. 

Vree and I were walking through the rows of booths, and he'd bought me a small snack custom to their people. It was triangular shaped, white, and chewy. He said it was a type of rice flour similar to mochiko on our planet, the edges of it were seasoned with sweet flakes, and the inside was a sweet and savory gooey sauce. He explained that it was a popular festivity dish and that kids loved it. I'd nearly eaten it in two gulps, and was now washing my hands at one of the sink and water stations, since Frivrok people took cleanliness very seriously Vree explained to me that on their planet they have many "sink bowls" similar to drinking fountains, scattered around the planet if not natural bodies of waters and hot springs where people can clean themselves. 

"That was so good." I sighed, delighted, "What else you got for me space pirate?" 

Vree looked around, "Perhaps we can try finding pin the tail on the Klavar?" He suggested. 

I snorted, "Hard pass. What else do you got?" I put my hands under a device that hovered by the fountain, it blew cool, drying air to my hands and my hands dried nearly instantly. "Okay, high tech hand driers." I commented, amused, "Woah, did it just moisturize my hands?" My eyes widened as it gently misted a oil like substance that immediately dried and made my hands feel soft.  

"Yes, it did." He responded, then took one of my clean hands without hesitation and tugged me towards him gently. We began walking hand in hand, Vreekar scanning booths and rubbing his chin thoughtfully as I took everything in as well. Alot of the booths were in tent like layouts, with bigger tents holding small carnival games. The tents were adorned with candles and wreathes as well as decorative beads, sweet and savory aromas filled the air, and generally everyone around us was in a good mood. 

For the most part, the festivity grounds were filled with the couples that were matched, but every now and then I caught glimpse of Frivrok men in small groups, playing carnival games, eating, or immersed in conversation. Despite most being unbothered to make an appearance, it was nice seeing people have fun. 

I noticed the couples around us, linked in arms or holding hands, deep in conversation, laughing, eating. I watched as Frivrok men guided the Earth women through the festival grounds, catching snippets of questions from my fellow earthlings about everything that was going on tonight. Every now and then I would see couples dressed in the most extravagant, flowing outfits and beaded adornments. After the third couple, I began noticing some patterns and squeezed Vree's hand, "Are they wearing cultural wear?" 

Vree followed the path of my eyes and nodded to me, "Yes. More traditional. People usually bring out those garments during festivities like such. There is a tent where you can dress in them."

My eyes widened and I gave him a mischievous smile, "We can dress in them!" 

He scratched the back of his neck in response, I could already feel dressing up was his greatest reluctance, "Is this what you would enjoy doing?"

I nodded, "They all look beautiful walking by." 

"Well then." He squeezed my hand back, "Okay. We can go. I think I know where it is." 

Vree carefully weaved us through the throngs of booths and people until finally taking me to a large sized tent, where an Earth woman greeted us at the entrance. Her skin was as dark as midnight, and her hair was cropped short,  she wore a beautiful white gown with multiple layers of skirts that shimmered each time she moved. She had a sash wrapped around her arms that flowed to the ground. Her head was adorned with a beaded headdress that looked like pearls. A sash lightly tinted blue and beads were wrapped around her waist, cinching her figure. 

She looked absolutely stunning as she greeted us, "Hi. Welcome!" 

My jaw almost dropped adoring her outfit, "You look like a goddess!" 

She giggled in response,  "My partner is the seamster and his buddy is the jeweler here. He's created all the beautiful pieces you see. Do come in and see." 

I gave her a smile as I entered the tent, Vree following behind me and ducking his head through the entrance. Upon entering the man whom I assumed to be the seamster, came and greeted us. His skin was tanner than mine, his head cleanly buzzed and adorning the same shimmering white fabrics that his match wore, except in pants and a flowing vest. He smiled and nodded at me, then shared a brief conversation with Vree before calling someone out, "Oi, Vreekar ēsoh hovrii! Damori grzrieltro."

The back flaps of the tent flew open as two Frivrok men stepped out, one with a beaded necklace of blues and golds in progress in his hands, the other looking disheveled with food on his mouth. Upon seeing Vree their eyes lit up and they walked up to him, giving him handshakes and speaking eagerly. 

Vree's mood lifted slightly, he nodded to whatever it was they were saying and gave short responses in return, before finally gesturing to me and saying something in his language that probably translated to, my boo wants a dress. 

"Ahhh" the one with the jewels in his hand said, "Speak less." He hurried back the way he came and the other Frivrok man followed after him.

"Come, Naomi, then?" The seamster turned to me with a good mannered smile, "Let us get your measurements." 

"Okay!" I obliged, and followed him to the center of the room where there was a small platform.

"Okay, please stand there Naomi." He gestured to the platform and I did just as he said. "Wonderful, thank you." 

He pulled out a thin piece of glass from his pocket, another tablet I assumed, and began tapping away at it. Automatically, thumb sized drones hovered around me in response, and began scanning my body.

"Relax, do not move. Good. Yes! They are taking your measurements." He explained.

I smiled, "This is cool." I glanced at Vree through my peripheral, "You'll measure Vree too right? He can't get out of dressing up with me." 

The man chuckled, "Of course he cannot." He began tapping away at his tablet again.

Vree sighed, "Valdo-" but he was interrupted by the tiny drones swarming him and scanning him, to which he simply held his mouth and accepted defeat.

"I am Valdor, by the way. It is wonderful to meet Vree's match." He smiled up at me as the drones finished their scans and flew back to where they came. Valdor held a hand out to me and assisted me off the platform, "Come let me show you some fabrics and dresses and we will create yours right now."

"Okay!" I bobbed my head in excitement, Vree trailed after us quietly as Valdor continued to speak to me. Outlining the tent were racks and shelves with fabrics, clothes, and materials. 

"The patterns you see here and the jewels tonight," Valdor explained, "Are said to replicate one of our late Queens, Mara who was said to be the Goddess of Love. Her consort, Vishar, is the God of war. Their love, as you can guess, was very chaotic."

 He held out a few swatches of shimmering fabric to me, emerald green, pale blue, and a yellow. 

I was dazzled by how the fabrics glinted each time he shifted them, "Oooh. . these are so beautiful." I turned my head to Vree who was standing as far away as he could,  "I'll let Vree pick. Which one do you like?" 

His arms were crossed when he raised an eyebrow at me, and walked over behind me, leaning in and examining the fabrics. He felt the yellow one in his hands, "This one." 

I smiled at Valdor and affirmed with a nod. He smiled back once again, "Wonderful choice," he put the other swatches back and began rummaging through some drawers.

"What is the story of Mara and Vishar?" I asked, curious. 

Valdor laughed, "Do you truly want to know?" 

I put a hand on my hip, "Well you can't just mention it and not tell the story." I responded in good humor. 

"Okay, okay." Valdor pulled open a drawer and began picking up more swatches of varying shades of yellow, these fabrics looked a lot more translucent that the previous one he showed me. "Well, Mara let's see. . . she was a peasant."

"She was the daughter of a Lord and then became peasant." Vree interjected. 

I glanced at Vree and raised an amused eyebrow at him, "So how does a daughter of a Lord become a peasant?" 

"She was disowned." Vreekar explained. 

Intrigued, I asked, "Okay. . Go on."

Valdor continued where Vree left off, "Ah yes. That is right, her father was the late Lord of the Northern Sky Temple. Now, they did not know what powers Mara had yet. Or if she had any powers. It was already her age to wed, and they had not witnessed anything miraculous or magical about her. She was useless and brought shame to her father. So, he had kicked her out and she became lowly, a peasant." 

Valdor lifted the swatches up to a drone that was casting light and examined them in the light, "Eventually however, people had began to realize that her beauty was captivating and not that of a commoner. She was attacked many times and had to fend for herself while her father and gifted siblings lived luxuriously. Yes. Her life was truly terrible."

Valdor put the fabrics down after gathering the ones he enjoyed, then began tapping at his tablet and handing the swatches off to drones before the two Frivrok men that left before came back in. The one with the jewels had come back with finished pieces, the gold and blue beaded necklace with a matching dangling headdress. 

"Yes good, thank you." Valdor nodded to the jeweler, while the other Frivrok man presented a sash of a deep blue that faded to a lighter blue at the ends. The three men began working together silently, and I began to wonder if he forgot about the story.

I cleared my throat, "So, is that it?"

Vree chuckled behind me in amusement while Valdor looked up, as if realizing I was there, "Oh!" He laughed, "Where is my mind?" 

The jeweler put his hands on his hips, "What?" 

Valdor responded, "The story of Mara and Vishar!" 

The jewelers eyes beamed and he looked at Valdor to me, "Oh I have heard this story many times tonight and I trust I can speak it better, what have you told her?" 

"Mara was kicked out and became a peasant and had to fend for herself!" I supplied.

The jeweler smirked and nodded, "Right! So listen to this woman," the Jeweler stepped towards me, fastening the necklace around my neck. It was deep in the neckline and layered the blues complimenting the yellow nicely. "Mara became the Goddess of love, but why? She had grown up loveless. And while she was on the streets as a peasant she was used and tricked by many, many men, she had to fight for her life daily. She had retreated to the woods where beings taught her to make salves for skin, for hair, how to make scents that stick for days and smell heavenly. The beings of the forest had adopted her, and taught her their magic. How to charm, glamour, how to make beautiful, how to make one fall in love." 

"Wow." I was intrigued. Valdor and the other Frivrok man made a comment to Vree and disappeared at the back of the tent. 

The jeweler continued, backing away from me and examining his work and nodding in content, "Yes, for many nights and days they trained her. She learned how to sustain her vessel on light, she became very beautiful. She began trading her salves and tonics and perfumes at the village, and women came back speaking about how it had made their husbands fall in love again. Things like this, yes? Now, at the same time, the High Priests have been following the stars," The Jeweler gestured grandly as if to the stars, "And the Kingdom was said to be in time for a war. In order to appease the stars, the Lord of the kingdom, Mara's father, decided they must sacrifice to the God of War, Vishar."

"He called for his warriors to find all peasant women with no standing. And while Mara's potions and salves were bringing beauty and love to people's lives, many grew angry because they were being used in the wrong ways. So a mob was created and they came for Mara. No one would protect her, because while they enjoyed what she had given them, they did not care to defend her." 

"So the presented Mara before his Lordship, and the funny part was her father did not recognize her. She had become so beautiful, and he said she would make a good sacrifice. They had summoned the God of War, and he came, and they presented him with the sacrifice. However, he was taken by her beauty. On the night of her death they were alone in the chambers where they had locked her up. He had asked her, 'Maiden, why should I not kill you tonight?' Mara goes, 'God of War', if it is in your will to kill me, there is nothing I can possibly say for it is the will of the Gods, and I am in debt to my people. I have caused great misfortune wherever I go.'"

"Interested with this response, the God of war says to Mara, 'Then you will die without a fight.' And Mara, having learned a sharp tongue from being on the streets, says, 'Why shall I want to die fighting? I will go peacefully as relaxed as I wish.' But she had noticed the God of War had many scars from battle all over his body. It was known that the God of War was fearsome, and one that many did not wish to cross. It was also known he had trouble getting a consort for his bloodthirsty and horrific ways were appalling to the higher Lords who came from light."

"So, Mara tells him, 'But maybe before I die, instead of fighting I can help you.' She had presented the God of War with a gift, 'An offering from the offering,' she tells him. And she gives him the salve with the magic she had learned. She positioned herself in servitude to him and placed the salve all over his body. All his scarring disappeared, and it revealed that the God of War was handsome. Pleased with her work, he tells her he will spare her one more night of her life, and leaves."

"Vishar the God of War returns to his people in the Holy Kingdom, where now the Goddesses are intrigued and captivated by him. They want to know of this magic that he had done, and received many proposals. So then he returns to the peasant Mara in her prison, and thanks her for her work. And then he says, now 'Now can you undo what you have done?' Mara is prideful and insulted, but is curious about her ability, so he listens to her inner guidance and creates a salve to undo it. They try it, and it works. All of Vishars scars return."

"Vishar tells Mara this important thing, 'Your magic should not work on me because I am a God, but it does. It is the mark of a divine being, to be able to create and undo its creation. So Mara, I will not sacrifice you, but I will bestow upon you the mark of the deity.' And he grants Mara her Goddessship, and leaves the Kingdom, promising that he will come back for war in two years, since he has not taken a sacrifice, but that he has given them a Goddess of equal strength to oppose him. And thus she had become the Goddess of Love."

I blinked, "Wow. . that is really amazing." The entirety of the story and the Frivrok lore compelled me, but I still had trouble understanding. . ."So how exactly do they end up together? If he just leaves and promises her he will destroy her Kingdom still?" 

The jeweler laughs, "Yes, it is confusing. but in the years that follows Mara had taken the throne of Lordship and dethrone her father. A plague was cast upon the village for a year, and it had taken everyone that had come into harms way with Mara. But, she had a forgiving nature, and no lives were taken due to their repentance. She fortified the Kingdom and grew strong so that they would be ready to withstand the God of War." 

"Then finally, the time had come. The God of War appeared in the palace. To see Mara in her true form, in her highest beauty, was enough to make him weak. He could think of nothing except courting the woman, as it was all a test to see if the height of her power. He proposed to her, and they wed. War never came. The land is said to be blessed." The jeweler finished.

"Well. . that's a lot." I remarked, "I can't believe he was just testing her!" I rolled my eyes, "Men are the same across the galaxy."

"That is a version of the story." Vree commented amused, I gave him a glance knowing that if I asked he would definitely tell me the more accurate version. 

Valdor came back in hurriedly, with two sets of clothes, one for me, and one for Vree. "Dress then come back for the finishing touches!" I looked down at the garment that was handed to me in awe, excited to put it on. "Let's go!" 

Valdor directed us to a tent where we could change in, it was small and slightly crammed, and Vree had to duck his head in it. 

"He. . . couldn't give us separate changing rooms?" I asked, slightly embarrassed as I watched the tent close in front of me. As I turned around Vree was already undressing.

I brought my hands to my face and turned around quickly, "Oh God! A warning could've helped!" 

Vree said nothing in response, I simply heard him shuffle behind me until finally saying, "I am done anyways." 

I turned around and felt my heart flutter upon the sight. Vree was given flowing blue trousers, and embraided slippers to match. The vest he wore atop his bare, sculpted chest was the same yellow as my dress, the vest itself was long and flowing with intricate stitching. 

I blinked at the sight, feeling my face warm but I couldn't help smile at him, "You look good! You look like a prince!" 

He averted his eyes, a blush rising to his face, "I will wait outside." 

"Wait-" I began to say without thinking. I blinked again, taking him in. Part of me wanted him to stay in the tent. But what would I say? Oh Vree, can you help me I am just a silly clumsy girl who does not know how to dress by herself you simply must help me. I internally cringed at myself. I did want a few extra moments with him, but I was awkward in how I could go about it. 

And he technically blue-balled me before anyways! 

"Just kidding. I got it!" I gave him a nudge out the tent and he dutifully went to stand guard outside. I began slipping on the intricate layers of clothing, the first layer with a very thin, translucent under dress. I then layered on top the longer, yellow dress with layers of skirt that sashayed each time I spun. I fixed the necklace and stepped out, smiling at Vree. 

His eyes took me in for a moment, "You-" he began, but was ultimately cut off by Valdor and the jeweler who came rushing at our sides, tying us up with beaded sashes at the waist, adorning Vree with beads around his torso, and dressing my head with the beaded headdress. I was given another sash to wrap around my shoulders for warmth. Vree spoke to the two in his language, and thanked them. 

The jeweler looked to me, "You look stunning. It was good to meet you." 

Valdor affirmed, "Yes Naomi! Lovely meeting you! Come back more, okay? We can use more friends."

I thanked them both, once they left I beamed up at Vree. "So?" I asked, giving him a little twirl side to side, "What do you think?" 

The corner of his mouth tilted upward in a smile, his eyes softened, "You are beautiful Naomi, as always. You look like royalty as well." 

I straightened my back a bit at hearing that, my face getting warm. The sincerity in his voice was so touching, it almost took me off guard. "Thank you." I smiled sweetly at him. "I appreciate that." 

He took my hand and led me back into the throng of people, and we simply walked hand in hand, making small conversation here and there. It felt nice. It felt. . . normal almost. 

And as we were walking through the rows and rows of booths, we passed other couples who were hand in hand, smiling, talking. I looked at them and wondered if that's what we looked like. Happy. I looked up at Vree, he does look good. I admired the chisel of his face, how strong and sculpted he was, the way he walked with assurance. 

I squeezed his hand in mine, and put my other hand on his arm, pressing closer to him, "Tell me more about you."

"What do you wish to know?" He asked in response, guiding me over to a set of pillow seats under a flower tree not from Earth. Others were seated around on pillows, and two Frivrok men were playing instruments where others watched. We sat slightly away, so that the sound of the music wouldn't overpower our conversation. 

"Whatever you're allowed to tell me." I said playfully, commenting back to the whole rock situation and hoping it wasn't too soon to joke. 

He rose an eyebrow at me and then looked away, rubbing at his chin and thinking. 

"Hmm. . " I began, "Like, okay. Family. Solhelk is your uncle, what about everyone else?" I asked carefully, remembering how hard it was to get him to open up before. I was hoping the question wasn't invasive. 

Vree began gesturing with his hands as he spoke, "I have three sisters-"

"Three?!" I cut him off in shock, "You have three sisters?!" How? You were so terrible to me in the beginning! I wanted to counter, but didn't. At least he's putting more effort now and finally accepted our situation. 

As if reading my mind, Vree sighed, "Yes. They would be ashamed if they've seen the way I acted on this ship. Surely Treah would have fought me by now." 

Hmm. Maybe I like his sisters. I scooted closer to him, "I like the way she sounds." 

Vree gave me a sideways look before the corner of his lip lifted into a small smile again, he looked up at the dome above us and sighed, "Ah. . yes. Treah. She is the second oldest. She is very loud. Emotional. All over the place. And she likes fighting." He glanced at me, "Almost like you."

I laughed, "Oh please! I think I have every right to be emotional and loud and all over the place-"

Vree patted my knee, "I joke."

I gasped, "You're telling jokes now?" 

He ignored my question, lifting his hand off my knee and playing with the grass beneath us, "You would like Treah. Sohfri too. She is the youngest. She is wild but she-"

We were interrupted by two figures walking up to us. I half expected to see Julie and Grivak since we didn't see them all evening, but standing in front of us was Solhelk and Stival.

"Kiproevri." Solhelk greeted Vree. He turned to face me, and  gave me a smile, "Naomi. Thank you for taking care of my kiproevri here. I must steal him away from you if that is alright?"

"Oh!" I looked from Solhelk to Vree, trying to read the situation. Vree was straight-faced as usual, however Solhelk wasn't as bubbly as per usual. "Sure. No problem."

We proceeded to get up, Solhelk gesturing to Vree to speak somewhere else. Vree took my hand and gave it a squeeze, "We will continue later."

That made me smile, "Good, I want to hear more about your family." 

Solhelk raised a knowing eyebrow at Vree before the two of them began walking aside.

I watched them as Stival made no moment's pause to step in front of me and greet me. She was long and elegant, and despite being older her beauty was unmatched to anything on Earth. 

"Naomi." She greeted, her voice low, and even.

"Hi." I said awkwardly. 

"I need to speak with you as well, shall we?" She offered me her arm.

My heart sped up, talking to Stival made me nervous because of the fact that she was such an imposing and assertive figure here. I did not want to get on her bad side, and she seemed to have less humor and warmth than Solhelk. I linked my arm in hers, "Of course."

Relax Naomi, maybe she's just going to stick with you a bit and make small conversation that you have to answer precisely and carefully as not to upset her until Vree is done speaking with Solhelk. 

"They call you the Mouth of The People." Stival commented. 

I nodded, we kept a slow pace. "Yep, I guess so." 

Stival sighed, "I have no use for small conversation, so I will get to the point, as your people say, Naomi." She quickly began leading me out of the festival grounds, I looked behind me as Vree and Solhelk went further and further away.

"What's going on?" I asked, anxiety growing in the pit of my stomach. 

Stival simply quickened her pace, "I will tell you, but we must be away from everyone's ears. And there is something I must show you. Solhelk is already telling Vreekar." 

My heart fluttered in my chest, "Why does this sound like it is not good news?"

Stival met my eyes directly, no amusement or jokes, "It may not be." 

. : * : .

Hi loves! Thank you for reading this chapter.

and. . . SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO MY PATREON 🚀 CO-PILOTS! 🚀

🔥 jellbell0220 you are super appreciated!! 🔥

Thank YOU and to all my patrons for helping in making this happen!

Thanks for reading!

:* 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 11.4K 21
When Mandy loses her job, she thinks she’s hit rock bottom – until her plane is swallowed by a strange storm that sends her and everyone else on boar...
26 0 9
After the earth became inhabitable for more than two thousand years. Due to overpopulation, pollution, and global warming. No trace of human kind was...
1.7K 131 13
First, the meteor shower and then the alien invasion. Earth is slowly becoming a ghost land, but you with your family and friends find quite a safe p...
57.8K 2.5K 35
*Book #1 In The Crashing Series* A long time ago, people used to think that Earth would be taken over by aliens. That we would all be destroyed from...