Colliding Ambition

By BroachAngel12

Book 1 in the Colliding Series One Dream, Two Ambitions Katherine Mitchell has grown up around hockey, with... More

Characters + Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Out now; Colliding Friendship

Chapter 27

27.4K 441 83
By BroachAngel12

*NOT EDITED*

"What are your intentions with Katherine?"

I freeze. That is the question every guy fears.

I don't know what overcame me when I'd announced I was Katherine's boyfriend, but all I know is that I don't regret it. Claiming her as mine couldn't have felt better after denying my feelings. And seeing her reaction with mostly confusion but I'd also seen happiness.

I look behind me and to Katherine whose sitting on the counter talking to Cecilia as she cooks. I feel myself smile as I see her swinging her legs like she's three.

I look back to James seeing him watching me. I straighten. "I'm not sure what you mean."

He gives me a pointed look, "Your her boyfriend. Is it long term because if not, save Katherine the hurt."

He speaks as if she's been hurt before, then I remember her talk at the arena about boys using her to their benefit. "I assure you I intend this to be as long term as she'll let it," I look over at Katherine again, "I've never felt like this before."

When I look back at James he's analyzing me. "Honesty, better than lies. But I swear if she comes home crying about how you hurt her, I will stick a hockey stick up your ass until it comes out of your mouth." He says lookin serious, and I believe him. I know how close Katherine is with James.

I look head on, "If I somehow hurt her in the future, I'll let you." I say before turning back to the tv.

About 15 minutes later I ask James where the bathroom is, he points upstairs and mutters something about down the hall to the left. Though he's busy with tonight's hockey game.

But when I get upstairs and to the left I don't walk into a bathroom but into what I can guess is Katherine's room. It's not what I expected but I don't know why I had expected different.

She has a double bed in the middle of her room and the bedding is grey and white. Along one wall she has one of James' old jerseys and some of his old teammates jerseys, all signed.

She has a tv across her bed and underneath is a dresser with things scattered on top, like she hasn't touched this room since she left.

On another wall is a couple hockey sticks which are hung up. She also has a desk is the corner. And along each wall is medals and trophies.

As I look closely at some of them and the tags on them I realize these aren't only hockey trophies and medals but figure skating.

Out of the corner of my eyes I see someone leaning against the door frame. I smirk, "You know, Kitty, I thought there would be more...pink, maybe even a four post bed.

I turn and see her scowling. She pushes off the frame, walking into the room. "And I'd expected your room to be full of girls, guess we were both wrong." She shrugs but I see the mischievous gleam in her eyes.

I walk towards her, tsking. I slip my hand in the back pocket of her jeans. "Now where did you get that idea?" I ask as if it's not known that I was one the biggest player on campus, besides Reid, Chase and Kai. Yes Kai. People don't think he's as sex obsessed as the rest of us but I've known his my entire life and he has a reputation.

She pretends to think, "Oh I don't know how about the many, many girls gossiping about how amazing your dick is," She gives me a pout, "Though I don't know what their talking about."

I grab her nape in an instant and smash our lips together. Her breathy gasp getting cut off by my mouth. I press my lower half to her stomach, she whimpers.

"What was that about my dick?" I ask against her mouth.

"That it's not impressive." She says the last word followed by another gasp as my fingers go to her hair, pulling her head back to give me access to her neck.

"You sure about that? I could prove you wrong, oh but then your parents would hear your screams, do you want that?" I emphasize that by pushing her until we fall on her bed.

Her eyes widen, "No." It's barely a breath.

I raise my eyebrow, "No to what?"

She swallow, "Not here Rohan." But her chest is rising and falling rapidly.

I smirk, "Not yet, okay then, I'll remember that tonight." I say before giving her a long kiss and stand up from the bed. Then I see her figure skating trophies, I turn back to see her siting up. "You did figure skating?"

She looks back at the trophies, "Yeah, back in 7th grade." She stands up, "All the other girl were doing girly sports like dance, volleyball, gymnastics. And I'd got made fun of for playing hockey, so I quit and started figure skating. Though 2 years in and I was miserable, so I quit and started hockey again. I got bullied again but I had my hockey team and Lexi so I was fine." She shrugs.

"You got bullied for playing hockey? What bullshit."

She laughs, "Yeah well those movies where girl play hockey and aren't bullied are bullshit. And I had no brothers so I'd gotten bullied for trying to be like my dad and the son he never had but would've liked over me."

She runs her finger over her medals, "I was my parents rainbow baby. They'd gotten married young because they started dating in high school. Mom had always wanted a child. 3 miscarriages before she got pregnant with me. The another after me, which was high risk since she lost the baby at 6 months.

She looks at me, "I was going to be a big sister to a brother, but then..." She stops and shakes her head. "C'mon, diner's almost ready."

I want to say something, anything. I could hear the grief and longing in her voice. But she doesn't give me a chance and starts walking out.

I follow her downstairs and see that James is helping Cecilia by setting the table and then I see he walks towards Cecilia who's just now taking out the lasagna. He spins her around and kisses her deeply.

I look at Katherine and see her smiling. She continues down the stairs and walks into the kitchen, pulling her parents attention to her.

"Stop mackin' and bring the food." She says going to grab the tray, with no gloves.

I grab her waist and pull her back into me. "Gloves."

She makes an 'O' with her mouth, "Thanks, Cap." She goes and takes the gloves and grabs the tray. Her and James go to the table and set it with the food.

Cecilia gives me a questioning look, "Cap?"

I chuckle, "It's a joke. She made a remark about me being captain when we first met and used the title 'Cap'"

"Oh, yeah she's very..." She continues trying to find the words.

"Stubborn? Sarcastic? Always says what she's thinking? Yeah I've noticed. But it's admirable."

Cecilia laughs, "Yeah. She gets all that from her dad."

Cecilia goes to the table and I follow. I sit beside Katherine and we sit across from her parents. Once we're settled James looks at me, "So you play hockey? Accept any contracts or are you not going pro?"

I nod, "Yeah, I signed with the Blackhawks."

James nods, "Good team." He looks at Katherine. "What about you, princess?"

She looks down at her plate, "Uh, I'm still deciding." She gives me a quick look before looking back to her dad. "I have a lot of offers, and a lot of pro's and con's that I need to factor into each potential decision."

He nods, "Just don't take too long."

We continue talking until I mention something about getting my fist jersey and wearing it everywhere.

"That reminds me of when Katherine was younger." Cecilia says.

I'm all ears.

"Mom." Katherine whines.

But Cecilia ignores Katherine and smiles, "When she about, what? 2 years old, she went through James' closet and found his jersey. Now this was before she started hockey." She takes a sip of wine, "God she wore that jersey for weeks, and it was huge on her, so much so she'd run around the penthouse and stretch the jersey out so it would look like a butterfly, chanting, 'I'm a hockeyfly', then she figured out what James did and then announced she wanted to be like him and threw a tantrum when she couldn't go to one of his games."

I look at Katherine who's is dying from embarrassment, "Hockeyfly?" I ask while laughing.

She looks at me, "I was 2!"

"It's okay, I did embarrassing things when I was younger, Hockeyfly."

She narrows her eyes, "Like what, Cap?"

But I don't get to answer because James speaks, "What on your forehead?" We both freeze. We forgot to tell them about the fight at the game, shit.

She looks at me then to James, "At the game yesterday, while on the ice, there was this one player who kept...making remarks about me. So when I'd gotten the puck he bodychecked me hard enough that my helmet came off and I hit my head on the ice, then..."

James looks pissed, "And then?"

Katherine looks a me, "Uh, Rohan then...got in and punched him, repeatedly."

I then think that James is going to shit on me for it but he just looks at me, "Good." Then he goes back to eating.

Katherine looks at me then to my hands which have bruised and are cracked. I place my hand on her thigh, squeezing once.

Katherine smiles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

526K 6.3K 71
"You need to stop it with the fighting, Wade! On and off the ice. You can get killed out there!" She yells. She was so worried. His plumped red lip a...
136K 6.7K 36
Kiara always had her focus set on her studies and being the perfect daughter for her strict mother, but when she meets Hayden, she feels like it's fi...
4K 15 33
~Book 2 of the Montrose Graduates Series~ Callie Fraser is fresh out of college with no idea where she wants her future to go. A move across the coun...
2.8M 69K 48
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. ❝Our eyes met, Our bodies touched, Our hearts fell.....all the way down in love,❞ A Shy Senior Year College Girl A P...