Just A Kid

By dukeydoo

Kara is a young girl who recently arrived on Earth after a far too long journey after escaping her planets de... More

Orientation
Nightmares
First Day Of School Pt. 1
First Day Of School Pt.2
The Runaway
The Weekend
Regrets
Alien
Lex
Anti-Lex Squad
New Kid
Lena
Room 204
Winter Break
Dinner
Till Death Do Us Part
Freak
Alex
Court
Streaky
Apology
Callen
Sleepover and Secrets
Graduation Party
Saving Iris
You Saved Me
Grounded
Winn

Interrogation

278 13 1
By dukeydoo

"We're going to get straight to the point, Ms. Danvers." An older man said as he sat down across from her. She didn't dare to look at him.

"Did you kill Mike Matthews?" He asked.

"No! I would never. He was my boyfriend!" Kara said.

"Do you know who did?" He asked.

"Lex Luthor." Kara stated.

"Lex Luthor?"

"Yes. Lex Luthor."

"And where is Mr. Luthor?" He asked.

"I don't know.. It all happened so fast. Me and my friends were eating dinner at the Luthor's house. Lena had invited us over. But Lex came home early from his trip. Some sort of gas knocked us out and we woke up in some old building.. He wanted to test on me, but I refused and he blew the place up.. We all managed to get out in time but then he shot him.." Kara explained, starting to tear up.

"Who are your friends and where are they?" He questioned, writing a few things down on the piece of paper in front of him.

"Nia, Winn, Sam, and Lena.. I got scared and ran away but I don't know where it was.." Kara said.

"Uh huh..." He continued writing. Suddenly, the door swung open and an older woman came walking into the room.

"Sir.. We got a call from a group of young kids. We have Johannsen and Richards heading that way." She said.

"That's great news. Did they say anything about Lex Luthor?" He asked.

"He's unconscious at the scene." She said before making her way out of the room.

"I may have left out the part where I attacked him.." Kara mumbled.

"Apparently so.." He shook his head.

"I didn't kill anyone." Kara said.

"I hope not, Ms. Danvers. However, there is overwhelming evidence against you." He said.

"I want a phone call please." Kara said.

"I can't provide you with one at this time." He replied as he gathered his papers and started to make his way out of the room.

"Are you just going to leave me handcuffed here?" Kara asked, sitting up in her seat a little.

"For now.." Is all he said before the door slammed shut and she was alone again. She huffed and looked around the room.

The walls were dusty and grey, there was a mirror on one side, but for the most part the room was very boring and empty. There were only two chairs and a table, which she was handcuffed to.

Kara could not figure out why they thought she had killed Mon-El. She would never do such a thing. He was the only thing she had left. Now she was alone. She had nobody else that she could talk about her times on Krypton with. Sure, she talked to Kal-El every now and again, but he doesn't remember anything as he was just a baby when he left.

She put her head down on the table and pondered her thoughts, trying to figure out what her next step would be. She hoped that her friends wouldn't have been too mad at her for leaving them behind. She then remembered that they had all seen her use her powers and began to worry. She feared that they would all leave her, and thought about what Lex had said. She shouldn't have lied to them.

Meanwhile...

  "I can't believe Kara just left us!" Winn exclaimed.

  "I can't believe Kara has powers.." Sam said.

  "Damn it guys!" Nia groaned. "That was my dream, my vision."

  "What do we do now?" Sam asked, looking around.

  "Is Mike dead..?" Winn asked.

  "Probably.." Sam replied.

  "Oh god.. Poor Kara.." Nia shook her head.

  "Hey, Lena.. Are you alright..?" Sam asked.

  "Of course not. My brother just killed my best friends boyfriend.. And apparently my best friend has super powers?? I don't.. I don't even know what to think right now.. I.." Lena stumbled over her words, trying to make sense of the situation as she stared at Lex's unconscious body.

  "Listen, I think we need to like call the police or something.." Nia said.

  "Do you think Kara's ok?" Lena asked, anxiously biting her finger nails.

  "I uh.. Probably not. I know how much he means to Kara and if he.. died.. Then I don't know how she's going to react." Nia stammered.

  "We need to find a phone.." Sam started to walk over to Lex before kneeling down and rummaging through his pockets. She then found a phone in his back pocket and pulled it out before presenting it to the group.

"Ugh there's a passcode.. Do you know what it could be, Lena?" Sam asked, handing her the phone.

"I have no clue.. Lex was really secretive about his stuff.." She said. "It's four numbers.."

  "Try 1234."

  "That's definitely not something Lex would do, Winn." Lena said.

  "You never know." He shrugged.

"Fine." She typed in '1234'. "Nope."

They tried a few more and eventually got locked out of the phone for ten minutes.

"Ughhhh! What do we do now?" Lena groaned.

"5362." Nia said.

"What?" Lena asked.

"5. 3. 6. 2." Nia said once again. "That's the password."

"Well, I have to wait 10 minutes before I try it.. What should we do in the meantime?" Lena asked.

"I'm hungry." Winn said.

"That's what you're worried about right now?" Sam said.

"Yea.. Are you guys not hungry?" He asked.

"No."

  "Our friend just died and you're thinking about food? You're kidding me, right?" Sam said.

  "I can see how that looks bad.." He mumbled.

  "Why is Lex's passcode 5362?" Sam asked.

  "I don't know?" Lena said.

  The phone eventually allowed them to try again. Lena typed in 5362 like Nia said to do, her eyes drifting to the letters below each number. The phone unlocked.

  "It's me.." Lena mumbled.

  "What do you mean it's you?" Winn asked.

  "The numbers spell out my name.."

"Weird.." Sam mumbled.

"I'm just going to call 911." Lena said as she dialed the number. It rang twice before someone answered.

"911. What's your emergency?"

"Uh hi. I'm lost somewhere with my friends.. We were kidnapped and uh.. One of our friends ran off with her boyfriend after he got shot.." Lena said.

"Do you have any clue where you are?"

"No.. I don't know. Can you trace the call or something?"

"I'm trying my best to do that right now. Can you tell me your name and your friends names?"

"I'm Lena. Lena Luthor. My friends are Winn Schott, Sam Arias, and Nia Nal."

"And do you know who your kidnapper is?"

"Lex Luthor. He's here but unconscious. Our friend knocked him out before she ran off."

"What friend ran off? And which one was shot?"

"Kara Danvers and Mike Matthews.."

"Give me just a moment, Lena.. I've almost got your location."

"Have you heard anything about Kara..? Or Mike?"

"We have Kara at the police station. She's being interrogated as we speak."

"And Mike?"

"I'm sorry.."

"Oh god.."

"I have two officers heading to your location. Do you need the paramedics?"

"Maybe for Lex. But me and my friends are unharmed.."

"Alright just stay on the line until they get there, alright Lena?"

"Mhm.."

She held the phone away from her head and looked at the others.

"They're on their way.." She said.

"Do they know anything about Kara?" Nia asked.

"She's being interrogated." Lena said.

"And Mike?" Sam asked. Lena shook her head.

"Damn it!" Nia groaned and rubbed her forehead.

"Wait why are they interrogating Kara?" Winn asked.

"I don't know.." Lena brought the phone back to her ear.

"Why are they interrogating Kara?"

"She's the main suspect at the moment, ma'am.."

"What?! She didn't do anything!"

"We can't be sure of that at this time."

"No. She didn't do anything. It was Lex!"

"Calm down, Lena. Just tell that to the policemen when they arrive."

"Ugh." Lena groaned and hung up the phone.

"Lena what the hell!? We needed to stay on the line with them." Sam exclaimed.

"They think Kara killed him!" She yelled.

"What?!" They all said loudly.

"I know.." Lena rubbed her forehead and lowered herself onto the ground.

There was a distant sound of sirens that started to slowly get louder as the police arrived to their location. Everyone stayed silent as they weren't sure what to say. Nia felt the worst for Kara, knowing that she had lost the last piece of her past and was being accused of doing it.

  "Are you all alright?" One of the men said, approaching them quickly while the other ran to Lex.

  "Yes but we need to get to the police station." Lena said.

  "I know. We're heading there now." He said as he guided them to the car. "All of your parents have been worried sick about you."

  "Ms. Luthor." The other policeman called out. He waved her over. She broke off from the group and headed to him. Lex was slowly gaining consciousness, so the man cuffed him to make sure he couldn't get away. He then cuffed Lena.

  "Wait why are you cuffing me?!" Lena exclaimed.

  "We have reason to believe you are a suspect." He said.

  "Oh come on!" Lena groaned. They put her in a different car then everyone else, and got Lex in an ambulance. Once they arrived at the police station, they were all taken into different rooms for interrogation.

Winn's..

  He looked around the room, checking everything out. He was not handcuffed to anything. Instead, he was just sitting on a cold metal chair in the middle of a freezing cold room. He was only wearing a t-shirt, so he kept rubbing his hands together to warm himself up. The silence was broken when an older man walked into the room and sat down in the chair across from him. He sat up in his seat and waited for the man to talk.

  "Mr. Schott.. Could you tell me everything that happened leading up to the death of Mike Matthews?"

  "Uh sure.. I went over to Lena's house for dinner. It was delicious by the way. Steak and potatoes and then cake and ice cream."

  "Please stay focused.."

 "Sorry I'm just really hungry.. Do you have anything to eat here?" 

  "I can get you some food once you finish explaining."

  "Fine.. Anyways, after we ate, Lex came bursting in and said some really creepy things. When we tried to run, 2 people blocked us and then the room filled with some sort of smoke? When we woke up we were in the dark room.. It was so cold and smelled really badly. Then Lex threatened Kara and took her into a different room. Then one of their guards knocked me out. When I woke up, the building was like, collapsing and Kara brought us to safety. Lex then said that he wanted to 'mentally scar' Kara and turned the gun to Mike and shot him.. Kara was devastated and beat the shit out of Lex. It was really cool! The way she beat him up.. not anything before that."

  "And do you believe that Lena had worked with Lex on this?"

  "No of course not, one of the guards knocked out Lena at one point too.. Lena tried to help us get out when he ambushed us at dinner."

Sam's..

  "Alright, Ms. Arias. I'm just going to ask you to explain everything that happened before the death of Mike Matthews."

  Sam looked around the empty room, seeing nothing but a one sided mirror. This wasn't the first time Sam had been in one of these rooms, talking about someone that Lena's brother had did. But something about this time felt different.

  "Ms. Arias?"

  "Yeah sorry.. I'm still a bit disoriented.." She mumbled.

  "Take your time, I know this must be hard." Sam nodded and took a deep breath.

  "It was all a blur, really.. One minute we were eating dinner and the next, Lex had popped up and started saying some crazy things.. Then we all woke up in some dark building? I don't really know.. Kara got taken somewhere by Lex and then we got surrounded by these 5 armed men who were each pointing their guns at us.. Lena and Winn tried to fight back but they were knocked out instantly.. Kara came running out the room and Lex followed and said 'see you on the other side' or something like that before dropping some sort of switch.. The building started to shake and Kara got us all out. Lex pointed a gun at Mike and shot him."

  "And what did Ms. Danvers do after he was shot?"

  "She ran over to him and shook him.. I uh.. It was really heartbreaking.. They loved each other a lot.. She was filled with anger and ran over to Lex and started to attack him. Lena pulled her off, and then she picked Mike up and.. ran... away.."

  "Do you think that Lena worked with Lex? I understand that you and the Luthor's have a bit of a rocky past."

  Sam thought back to when she was asked the same question years ago. That time, she said that she did think so. Sam was so sure that Lena had turned into him. But this time, she knew that Lena was genuinely as scared as she was.

  "No.. Lena is not like him."

  "That'll be all. Thank you for your time, Sam. Your mother is waiting outside for you."

  Nia's..

 "Ms. Nal. Could you tell me everything that happened prior to Mike's death?"

  Nia stayed silent, she didn't know what to say. It kept replaying in her head, over and over again. She couldn't get it to stop. Nia started to tear up, as she felt that she could've prevented what had happened if she just knew how to understand the dreams she were having.

  "Ms. Nal?"

  "I don't think I can do this.."

  "Just take your time.."

  "I.."

  "I can't do it."

  "How about you just tell me who did it?"

  "Lex.."

  "And do you believe that Kara or Lena had anything to do with it?"

  "No.."

  "Did Kara physically harm Lex?"

  "Yes.."

  "Would you cover for your friends if you had to?"

  "Y.. No!" 

  "Alright, that'll be all. Thank you, Ms. Nal."

 Lena's..

 Lena looked down at her arms and scoffed. The metal cuffs locked her to the cold metal table in front of her. This wasn't the first time she had been in one of these rooms, and probably wont be the last seeing as her family definitely aren't saints.

  "Ms. Luthor." Someone said as they entered the room. Lena tilted her head slightly down.

  "I'm just going to ask you a few questions, alright?"

  "Mhm.."

  "Did Kara murder Mike Matthews?"

  "No. He was her boyfriend. She loved him very much."

  "Did you murder Mike Matthews?"

  "No, he was my friend. It was Lex. My brother."

  "And were you working with Lex?"

  "Lex is a bad man. I'm not like him."

  "Answer the question, Ms. Luthor."

  "He tried to get me to help of some sort of 'killing superman' project. But I refused."

  "Did Kara hurt Lex?"

  "Yes. I said that over the phone. She knocked him out but she had every right."

  "What happened before Mike was shot?"

  "Lex blew up the building we were in.. Once we ran out, he said something about hurting Kara mentally? Then he turned his gun away from her and shot at him."

  "That'll be all Ms. Luthor. I'll bring you to your cell for the night."

  "Cell?! Overnight??"

  "Yes. Your family has not paid any sort of bail for you."

  "Of course." Lena scoffed. "Did they pay for Lex?"

  "They did."

  Lena shook her head and allowed the man to guide her to a cell. As she walked, she looked around at the many stalls around her, some of them had people, others were empty. She was pushed into a stall and they locked it quickly. She sighed and turned around, met with familiar eyes.

  "Kara!" Lena wrapped her arms around her friend. "Thank god you're ok.."

  "Yeah.." Kara didn't return the hug, instead she pushed Lena backwards gently and made her way over to the beds.

  "Oh uhm.. Are you mad at me?" Lena asked, unknowingly fiddling with her fingers.

  "Hm? Oh.. No.. Not mad." Kara said.

  "Alright.. Do you want to talk about it?"

  "Nothing to talk about.." Kara mumbled and crawled into the bed, pulling the sheet over her body and turning away from Lena.

  Lena slowly nodded and made her way into the other bed and laid down. She stared at the wall, letting her thoughts take over. She couldn't stop thinking about Kara's coldness towards her, and hoped that she wasn't mad at her for some odd reason.

  A few hours passed and someone approached their cell. Kara was fast asleep, but Lena heard the footsteps and rolled over to see who it was. It was the same police officer that had interrogated them.

  "Ms. Luthor, Ms. Danvers. You are both free to go for now." He said, opening the door.

  "How?" Lena asked.

  "Both of your bails have been paid." He said. Lena walked over to Kara and gently shook her to wake her up.

  "Hm?" Kara groaned.

  "We're free to leave. Get up." Lena said in a soft tone.

  "Mhm.." Kara pulled the covers off of herself and hopped out of bed. She rubbed her eyes to wake herself up before following the older man out of the cell. Lena followed close behind.

  "We will go over all of the evidence over the next few days and figure out whether either of you were involved. Stay out of trouble. You both have ankle bracelets on. You're allowed to be at home and school, if you go anywhere else, you will be immediately arrested." He said before opening the door and allowing them to leave.

  "Thank you." Lena said. As they walked outside, Eliza, Jeremiah, and Alex were all standing near the door.

  "Kara.." Jeremiah said as he walked up to hug her.

  "I wanna go home." Kara said, walking over to the car and hopping inside. Eliza and Jeremiah followed after her.

  "Lena." Alex mumbled.

  "Yeah..?" 

  "What happened? My parents won't tell me anything."

   "It's.. A very long story.." Lena mumbled. "They told you nothing?"

   "Nothing. I had heard that Kara didn't come home from dinner so I left Maggie's house early. All I saw was Kara getting brought out of our house in handcuffs." Alex said.

   "Well, I should probably tell you that I know about Kara's.. abilities.." Lena said.

  "Oh.. Since when?"

  "Like.. A few hours ago? I don't even know what day it is anymore.." Lena paused. "Lex ambushed us at dinner. We all passed out and woke up in a dark building.. The rest was a blur.. But I remember Kara saving my life. A piece of building was going to fall on me and he blocked it with her arms.."

  "Oh wow.. That's awful.." Alex frowned. "Wait.. What does that have to do with you and Kara being arrested?"

  "Well.. Lex.. Killed Mike.. And they think me and Kara had a part in it.." Lena mumbled.

  "He's dead?! Oh my god poor Kara.." Alex said.

   "I'll see you at school.. You should go." Lena said.

  "You're allowed to go tomorrow?" Alex asked.

  "Apparently.. Neither me or Kara's prints were found on the murder weapon, but they still want to make sure neither of us played a part in the planning.. They think I planned for everyone to come over, and Kara's job was going to be to hide the body.. It's weird." Lena explained.

  "Could I have your phone number? Just in case.." Alex asked.

  "Sure.." Lena shrugged and Alex handed her the phone. Lena put her number in and handed it back to her.

  "See you tomorrow." Alex slightly smiled before walking off.

  "Wait. Alex. Could you tell me if Kara's coming tomorrow?"

  "I'll ask her later tonight."

  "Thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

963K 40.4K 81
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
2.1M 108K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
269K 6.3K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
174K 4.8K 31
I do not own this story, but it's on another website m.fanfiction.net. It's by btvscharmedgirl I just wanted others to be able to read this amazing s...