The Martian Invasion at Azur...

By ACrusadingCrusader

Mars, a barren land filled with species that are far more intelligent than humans. Humanity with such rich re... More

Introduction on the Martians
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Calm before the Storm
Chapter 2 - The Arrival
Chapter 3 - The Beginning of the Revelation.
Chapter 5 - Come on Thunder Child!
Chapter 6 - Red Weed.
Chapter 7 - Mutiny and Insurgents.
HIATUS

Chapter 4 - The Clash for London

145 5 0
By ACrusadingCrusader

After the retreating of the Army, they were forced to hold London and delay the Martian forces from taking more lives.

Tons of companies of soldiers strengthened the defenses of London. They were stocked with distress.

They were defending the Heart of the British Empire. If they die here now all hope is lost for their beloved nation.

All citizens are to leave London via ships through the River Blackwater, Essex.

____________________________________________________________

-Naval Dockyard of Harwich-

In the north sea, there were 4 ships in Harwich, Navyard Quay.

It is composed of an aircraft carrier, a light cruiser, a battleship, and a torpedo ram ship.

They were escorting the young torpedo ram ship to the Naval Dockyard to be inspected.

The silence was only to be brought out during the whole trip.

That was until they reached the place, it was heavily fortified.

The docks emptied, no ships on sight at all.

Only a wide lane of pillared grey sheets.

Marines on the dockyard were on guard and when the ships got closer radioed them to halt.

A Marine officer relayed to them.

"Halt! You're trespassing Har-" his words were cut short after failing to notice the Royal Navy flag on all 4 ships.

The girls put their knots onto 1. They all slowed down from the signal.

"My apologies! for windin' you lasses up." said the Marine Officer.

"May your dock for a short amount of time."

HMS Hood: "Why is that?"

"You see... Come on the dock we'll explain the news. It appears you lasses still haven't heard huh?" replied the officer.

HMS Neptune: "Heard what?"

"Just come on over, please. We probably won't have any time left." the officer requested.

They've finally docked, anchors dropped, and the girls dropped down their ships.

HMS Hood: "May you identify yourself to us?"

"Avillion Twoh Rontheesay, lieutenant of the British Royal Marines! 1st Division!" He spoke with vigor.

HMS Hood: "Nice to meet you Sir Avillion. But, what is going on?"

Officer Avillion: "You see Miss Hood, we were attac-"

HMS Hood: "How do you know my name?" She aggressively asked him.

Officer Avillion: "T-that's because I saw you in the headline of our newspaper?" nervously responded back.

HMS Hood: "Oh, carry on then."

Officer Avillion: "Right... We were attacked by somethin-"

HMS Hood: "Sirens!"

Officer Avillion: "What? Where!"

HMS Hood: "We weren't being attacked by Sirens?"

Officer Avillion: "Oh blimey no. You surprised me there. Anyways, we were attacked by creatures!"

HMS Hood: "Creatures? As in animals?"

Officer Avillion: "No, no. they came from... Space!"

HMS Hood: "Hold on, What?"

Officer Avillion: "You heard me. We got attacked by aliens! or somethin'

HMS Hood: "You're kidding right?"

Officer Avillion: "No ma'am."

HMS Neptune: "Wow... I really don't believe it at all."

Officer Avillion: "You should."

Three of the girls trembled of the chilling disclosure.

HMS Neptune: "And we thought we were right for not believing her."

HMS Illustrious: "This was really unexpected."

HMS Hood: "Pardon us, officer, I suppose we'll have to go apologize to our friend real quick."

They turned their back, eyes closed.

HMS Hood: "We are really sorry that we didn't believe you."

HMS Neptune: "It was just unbelievable."

That was until they just noticed that Thunder child and her ship no longer docked!

HMS Illustrious: "How could that be! We didn't even hear the ship moving!"

HMS Neptune: "This is disastrous as it can be."

HMS Hood: "We'll have to move and rendezvous with her... Actually, officer Avillion, do you know where the creatures are?"

Officer Avillion: "Well... I've heard they were headin' for London. Our prized capital." Sadly said.

"LONDON!?!" screamed all 3 girls.

Officer Avillion: "Yes... We were preparing an evacuation on River Blackwater, Essex.

HMS Hood: "Christ almighty..."

HMS Neptune: "We'll have to get there fast!"

HMS Illustrious: "Thunderchild already has a headstart."

HMS Hood: "Doesn't matter we'll have to save her and the people of Britain."

They swiftly left and get on their ships. All the officer could do was salute them. They saluted back at them.

____________________________________________________________

The soldiers that were left behind gave them time to prepare. The men at London thought they might have won! but most think unlikely. 

The Battalions never returned.  

Sandbags, quickly crafted walls, artilleries, and trenches were deployed in the directions where the Martians are.

HMG Emplacements were on the walls and windows of buildings.

Loads of men have already deserted. Shameful display!

But, a ton of them at the Evacuation was denied as they were still wearing their uniforms.

They were here to stay and fight.

Though, a few managed to get in by disguising and removing their equipment to get out.

Cowards they are. Anyways, the men braced for battle. Hoping for fortune to get on their side.

Powerful stomps were heard beyond the defenses. Huge tripods that trampled over the battlefield filled with mines but the outcome on the rising behemoths were undamaged. 

As they get closer, they were in the range of artilleries and they bombarded it with all of their might.

They're to reload once their artillery is fired. No questions asked. An order is an order.

And the guns began to sing at the Martians. Cromwells firing scorching shells.

Volley after volley. Officers shouting orders, there was still no passings. Yet.

The Martians feared one of their fellows would be destroyed and to combat this.

They returned fire.

The barricades were dismissed by its burning hot beams. Artilleries no longer had their cover.

Soldiers in trenches perished from the Heatrays and the many Cromwell tanks ceased to exist.

Fires were spreading in buildings. It was a lost cause, 

they were to retreat in the cities of London!

There weren't any defenses this time and all they could do was garrison the structures of London.

Gunfires erupted from building to building onto their foe with everything they got.

The battle took on to the streets of London! Panic in the streets!

Soldiers were being consumed by the Black Smoke and the gas masks wouldn't save them.

Skins scorched, weapons left on the ground, corpses slowly decaying, and vehicles left to be empty. 

Rubbles were everywhere and there were still villagers left to rot in buildings caught in the crossfire not knowing it was gonna be this bad.

Flying Machines took out artilleries from above the skies and the Flak cannons fired.

Gusts of smoke were in the air, skies lightened, 

They took out a Flying Machine! It was unbelievable but there was no time to celebrate!

The battle continued on for hours and most of the villagers made it safely to the Evacuation point. 

The soldiers' every encounter with the Martians was losses.

Tripods striding over buildings and cutting through bridges like paper! 

Waterloo Bridge, 

Westminster Bridge. 

One appeared above Big Ben!

"UUUUULLLLAAAAAAAAHH!"

(5:08 -5:16)

After the passing of Big Ben, the 2 Fighting Machines kept on walking in the river of Thames and beside them were buildings being crushed and soldiers flattened by machines. The left and right of the Thames river.

Tanks like Churchills, Crusaders, etc. Other armoured vehicles began helping them fire back as a payback for the destruction of Big Ben. But, it was all in vain.

A 20-meter building was packed to the brim with explosives. There were no beings inside no longer.

As the Fighting Machine trampled over the streets the building exploded and fell on its legs.

It tripped over to the right onto another building and it fell on it! The machine's eyes slowly fade to grey.

Another machine was done for! celebrated the men but it was cut short by the Martian's Heatray that was on the river.

Another cry was made for their fallen fellow and in retaliation.

Randomly shot Heatrays on buildings, structures be ablaze, streets shattered, and statues vanquished.

More bridges ahead of them were being destroyed by the 2 Martian Machines.

Their right side was exposed but nothing shot at them...

The soldiers were demoralized and fled. Loyal people of the British Empire were overwhelmed.

But, they did give enough time for the civilians to escape. It was a success.

"There were 3 Martian Casualties so far. Will it change the outcome of the war?" questioned a soldier that outlived his comrades.

"No." uttered the Officer. 

"What?" 

"No, it won't for it is just the beginning." 

The officer was right... It's just the beginning. Soon Earth will be a graveyard for nations.

____________________________________________________________

Radios blared, the newspaper declared.

LONDON HAS FALLEN

The disheartened of the people grew and grew.

Militias rose.

The British Empire fell.

and the spirits of the people.

Nations would pop out of the Isle.

But, it was useless.

Colonies became independent.

They were soon to be obliviated.

Numerous people have taken refuge in the undergrounds.

A desperate and genius plan.

The expressions of the Royal Navy shifted daunt after hearing the news.

Gloom among them.

There were still loyalists outside and inside of the Isle.

"A new revolution perhaps?"

____________________________________________________________

The upcoming chapter will be about a ship that will be seen as a hero. Valiant and Gallant.

Cheers would ring out. "Come on Thunder child!" but, it wasn't all for free.

In exchange for a sacrifice for their brave recent hero.

A/N: Crusader here! Won't be posting for a day. For I have homework on me! Anyways, chapter 6 would likely come out on 21 or 22. See ya later lads - Crusader

Another A/N: Delayed it another day. I will be posting the chapter on 23, I hope. - Crusader

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 87 115
(Azur Lane X Girls frontline X The Division X World of Warships) "I'll only say it once and once only, I am the only one who can stop this madness bu...
6.7K 324 35
"I found the portal to the roots the Tree." "Where?" "But it's on the dark side." "How long do we have left if we don't intervene? "3 to 6 months bef...
19.7K 477 76
Hello there, Wattpad community My name is LaResistance and this is my very first story. Since this is the first story I am making, don't expect it to...
12.7K 437 26
The Hiigaran Navy from the Homeworld Franchise will be called upon to free another world from oppression. A world where Humanity has not achieved spa...