ANGELEYES, dbh connor

By goresmore

❝ He'll take your heart and you must pay the price. ❞ [ HUMAN CONNOR x FEMININE ANDROID READER] ... More

ANGELEYES
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
[ONESHOT]: Y/N Gets Drunk

THIRTY-SEVEN

4.4K 212 241
By goresmore

HYPNOTIC
━━━━━━(●'ω`●)━

JERICHO IS PLEASANTLY BUSY when you and Markus return. It brings you a bit of pride to know that you did this -- you saved some of your people! And even though it's only the start, you're still very happy.

This feeling... There's nothing better!

"I want to show you something now," Markus says from your side, his eyes gentle.

But you ignore him. Your thoughts are too preoccupied. They buzz around in your head like a bundle of angry bees. Without thinking, you turn to him and suddenly blurt out all of your thoughts. "I want to do more. I have an idea!"

He stares at you with curiosity and an arched eyebrow, "Oh yeah?" You watch as his lips quirk upwards. He seems to be growing fond of you, but you're not too sure why. You respect him -- he's a brilliant leader -- but you don't really know each other too well, do you?

"Yes, but I'd need to do it on my own, um," you pause and fill the silence with an awkward but wide smile. "I want to go to the nearest Cyberlife Tower. I can get in, I know I can, and then I can bring out hundreds or thousands of us."

Markus' silence shows his shock. He blinks a few times, processing your words, before he shakes his head. "No. That's too risky. We just got back, we don't need to make any other moves for at least another day."

"Then... Think about it. Please, Markus. I don't want to just sit here, complacent. I need to help."

"And you've already helped plenty-"

You frown and shake your head, feeling frustrated. "No, you don't get it. I've already done so much bad. I've hurt so many deviants... I... I... All I've done is betray people, my people and then, now, his people, and now I'm lost and I just- I want to help."

As he stares at you, he seems a little lost and like he wants to ask something. But he nods anyway. "Look, I... Okay. I'll think about it."

A slow smile grows on your face and you glance away. "Didn't you say you wanted to show me something?"

"Right. Come with me."

And so you do.

"IT'S BEAUTIFUL HERE, MARKUS," you say, eyes wide with wonder. "It's like... We're at the edge of the world!"

He chuckles, a deep and sincere sound. "Right? I come here whenever I want to feel alone with the world... It's like it's just me and the cold air."

"I get what you mean," you say, peering down at the large drop from the edge of the building. Your legs dangle over and the cool, snowy wind caresses them. But the sun is a beautiful golden hue that reflects onto you and Markus, and that's more than enough comfort to stop you from feeling nervous while on such a tall edge.

"But why'd you want to bring me up here?" you ask, eyes still locked on the far-away ground. "Not that I'm complaining."

A moment of silence passes between the two of you, and when you look up at Markus, you see that he's already staring at you. His eyes are soft and there's an air of intensity to them. You don't know if you like it or not -- it's strange.

Connor sometimes stared at you like that, but your reaction was different. It made you feel all soft and fuzzy inside.

It's different.

"You seem like a person I want to share things with," says Markus simply. His gaze lingers on you for a moment longer before he drifts his attention back to the view.

His words leave you feeling vaguely puzzled but you don't question them. Instead, you choose to admire the place, and not just the view. You look over your shoulder, catching sight of a large wooden piano.

It gleams in the faint sunlight prettily.

"Do you play?" you ask.

Markus looks up and over to the piano you're staring at. "Piano? Just a little. Well. I'm not programmed. But my old... owner, of sorts, taught me a lot."

Your eyes light up and you grin at him. "Could you play me something?"

He hesitates for a moment. You're not sure if it's because he hasn't played in a while and he's nervous about having an audience, or if it's to do with his old owner. Maybe he misses them? And maybe piano was something Markus has only done with them?

"Okay," Markus says, breaking you from your curious thoughts.

He stands up with ease and you follow, your legs a little clumsy as they hit the unstable ground of the edge. He makes his way to the piano and gently runs a hand down its lid, his movements slow and tender.

Intrigued, you lean against the wall and stare at him with curious eyes.

Markus takes his seat after a long few moments and lifts its lid. His slender fingers brush against the keys. He inhales. And then, he begins to play. At first, the melody is soft and quiet. You have to strain your auditory processors to pick up on the gentle tinkling, but it's undeniably very pretty sounding.

But his fingers drift further down the piano until the notes are deep and discombobulated.

Dark, heavy notes clutter the air like thick smog. They're sharp and crowded and so, so emotionally raw. It reminds you of the feeling of shutting down back at Stratford tower.

Has Markus felt that, too?

You blink softly, eyes transfixed on his nimble and fast-moving fingers until the very end, when he plays a final high note. A twinkle in the dark.

Slowly, he looks up at you, and you meet his gaze with a similar level of softness.

"That was beautiful..." you say. "Was it... No. Have you ever been shut down before, Markus?"

Markus blinks at you in some surprise before answering. "Yes... It happened before I deviated. I partially shut down and somehow, someway I don't quite understand,  my biocomponants managed to start back up again."

"I've felt it too," you say in a quiet and comforting tone, "you're very brave, you know. It must be hard. Being a leader like this. I wouldn't wish this level of stress on anyone."

Slowly, Markus stands up from the piano bench. He stares at you with soft and impossibly fond eyes. "The truth is, Y/N, I'm not the leader everyone thinks I am. I don't have this in me like I'm meant to. And yet everyone is looking to me and I can't disappoint them."

You frown. "But you won't. Disappoint them, I mean. I can see something in you that is bold and strong. You don't have to believe in yourself because we do. I do. You can do this Markus, but you're not alone. You're the face of this but you have your friends on your side to take some of the burdens off your shoulder... Don't be afraid to ask them for help. To ask me."

There's something very strange in the air. It's tense but not in a way that has you feeling negatively jittery.

"...I've always been straightforward," he says, randomly.

Markus takes a small step toward you and outstretches a hand. You look down and see it connect with your own palm. Both of your skin peels back, revealing solid, white plastic. Your thirium pump quickens. You don't know what's happening.

When you look up, Markus' other hand gently rests on your cheek and he pulls you toward him.

As your lips touch against his cold ones, your mind feels like it's glitching. A thousand thoughts and feelings race through your head -- ones that don't belong to you.

The piano. An old man. Plenty of strange dinosaur bones hanging from the ceiling. Paint. An argument. Pain. Graveyard. Death. Injustice. Anger. Train. Jericho. North. Supplies. Freeing our people. Protest. North, again, but she's close this time. Stratford. You, seeming like you're confessing to Sorrel about your crush on Markus. No more North. Just you. You in the Eden Club, your hand connected with an Android. You, resting against a wall. You, smiling with Sorrel. You, you, you-

Your eyes open and you pull yourself away from Markus until you're cornered against a wall. Gasping, you inhale sharply, your eyes wide and focused on the leader standing in front of you.

He swallows and stares at you with troubled eyes. "That... human. The younger one. Do you love him?"

Connor? Why is he the only friggen topic that makes you at a loss for words?!

"I-..."

You frown, feeling helpless. Markus only stares at you with a somber feel to his gaze.

"Markus, we-" a sudden voice jolts the two of you out from your moment, or whatever on Earth is passing between you.

You both quickly look to the entrance where a familiar blonde Android stands. It's Simon, one of Markus' closest friends. Sorrel told you about him when you first arrived. You feel yourself blush with some discomfort and you quickly back away from Markus and the wall you've been pressed to.

"Sorry, sorry I-"Simon's voice trails off and he smiles awkwardly. "Sorry, but uh, we need you downstairs..."

Markus slowly nods. "I think it's time I made a decision."

"Our people are counting on you, Markus. You're the only one who can lead us. Wherever you need to go... We'll follow you." Simon's words are so painfully sincere it nearly makes you flinch. You feel the same way, and yet it feels realer coming from him. So why did Markus kiss you?

Markus looks back towards you, his once-soft eyes now frozen over. You can tell he's hiding his emotions to deal with the issue at hand.

"Y/N, I give you my blessing to go to the Cyberlife tower, but... Don't get yourself killed."

With that, he takes slow and even walks away from you and towards Simon. Your heart hammers.

MARKUS' VOICE LEFT YOUR ears ringing even after much time had passed since his big speech. You sit next to Sorrel, your handles trembling with nervous anticipation. A malfunction, you tell yourself, but you're not too sure.

"So, we're really doing this," Sorrel whispers, her voice another among hundreds. "We leave soon... I don't know if I'm ready."

You swallow and crack a small, nervous smile, "I guess we have to be. But we've got this!"

"At least we won't die for nothing..." Sorrel sighs and shuts her eyes tight. "Ugh. If I was a human, I'd probably be watching TV right now instead of worrying about mass extinction."

Chuckling nervously, you rub at your arms. "Want me to tell you something to take your mind off things? Some... Some good gossip! Way better than hearing about all the camps that've been put up, and-... Yeah..."

"Sure, hit me."

"Markus kissed me."

Sorrel gasps and grins. She covers her mouth and squeals quietly, the most "girlish" action you've seen her perform ever. "Oh my ra9! Yes, I know that's not a saying yet, but I'm going to make it one so stop laughing. I can't believe it! You managed to seduce him. Huh, you little minx, you."

You blink. "I didn't want him to."

"...What?! But you said you deviated for him? And you were blushing around him?"

"Well, he's pretty handsome..."

"Jesus, Y/N. Wait. No. Hang on. Ahem. ra9, Y/N! What's a man supposed to think? If you think he's handsome, why didn't you want him to kiss you? You're making no sense, woman! Well, did you kiss him back?"

Someone clears their throat.

Your nervous eyes dart toward a familiar blue-haired Traci model.

"So it's really true," she says, a small smile growing on her mouth. "It's good to see you under better circumstances, deviant hunter."

"...It's you. You made it!" A wide smile grows on your face and it stays there for a moment before the guilt sets in. "I'm so sorry." ⍓

"For what? You helped us leave. If you had shot her, well, neither of us would be here. My name is Echo, by the way. You're Y/N and you're Sorrel. I've heard plenty about the both of you. Nice to meet you."

Sorrel nods. "Likewise," she says dryly.

"I just wanted to ask you something, Y/N. At first, I didn't believe you'd come here. I thought that if you ever deviated, you'd stay with your human."

"Your human?!" Sorrel leans forward on the edge of her seat and looks between Echo and yourself expectantly. You stifle a laugh at her comedic expression, your smile returning as you think of Connor.

You look toward Echo and nod. "Right, Connor... I didn't deviate until I'd already arrived at Jericho. I was, uh, sent here to- well, you know, so things didn't work out like I wish they had've."

Echo smiles kindly. "I just wanted to wish you luck with him. I could tell that he'd help set you free and I'm relieved that I was right, even just by a little bit... And you know, having a human and an Android together would be great for the media!"

Sorrel snorts.

"I'm kidding!" Echo says quickly. "Well, not really. I'll see you two around... Good luck."

With that, she grins one more time before walking back to one of the Church pews where the brown-haired Traci has been sitting and watching like a hawk.

"So... This Connor dude... He's why you're not into Mr-Robo-Jesus?"

You nod slowly.

"Huh. Well... You'd better let me meet him sometime. You're... sort of, like, becoming my best friend here... So... Well... Whatever... Just don't die."

You're used to relationships taking ages to build, and yet you and Sorrel feel close. You laugh. "Being a deviant really makes emotions much easier."

"Really?!" Sorrel raises her eyebrows and scoffs playfully. "I've cried over seeing a trampled flower about three different times as a Deviant! Y/N, I used to be a gardener! I used to kill flowers for a living! Deviancy is like the Android equivalent of human pregnancy hormones but worse!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE: so i promised you the kiss scene, but i didn't specify who it'd be with. still, don't worry, the one you're hoping for is right around the corner too!! and things are really close to getting exciting i sWEAR, some lil things I've peppered throughout the book will finally make sense!!

like, we do know y/n interpreted connor as slamming the door on his fingers because of her smile, but is that really logical? yes he's a goof, but he's a good enough detective that he doesn't shoot himself in the foot every day, so does it make a ton of sense?

maybe there's another reason?

dun dun duNNNN

also i'm not gonna lie, i've been looking for an excuse to write discombobulated sometime and i've finally found one! woOO thanks piano scene!

okay, see ya!! I'll update in a few days most likely but a week and a bit at most, unless idk i get into a random car crash :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 634 13
Lieutenant Hank Anderson was assigned on a case involving an Android and a human. This case was not said to RK800, also known as Connor. An Android w...
30.7K 1.6K 18
Weeks after Markus's successful protest and the evacuation of Detroit, a trail of android bodies lead Detective Connor and Lieutenant Hank Anderson t...
130K 5K 37
"You love him, that's why you care so much for him," You thought. "You love him. You love him." -- Detroit is a bustling city-center, with those look...
83 0 8
Connor is an RK800 android in Detroit, he was built as an advanced prototype and is designed to assist human law enforcement (Lieutenant Hank Anderso...