The Royal Explorer (Completed)

By the_aj_04

He is an Indian King and she studied about him in her history class. Jiera is a 22 year old, prolific histor... More

Chap 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Recap 1
Q and A
Bonus chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2

Chapter 5

6.1K 389 30
By the_aj_04

With what I had heard, I was offered the tiniest rooms of all in the palace. Yet somehow this room was the largest that I had seen in my life. I have stayed on rent, in houses that were smaller than this room.

The room smelled nobility and power. silk bedsheets on the giant beds, covered with curtains on either sides, that were hanging down from the ceilings that touched the sky. The room had tinted window glasses in various colors that reduced the glare from the sun. It was decorated with candles and flowers at various corners. Also huge torches at the corners to illuminate the room enough. I had just seen them in books and historical dramas. And so living this royalty made me feel not so bad with the decision I made.

To be honest I was not regretting the decision, I was regretting the time frame. 1 year was no short period. I had not informed my family about anything. Neither my best friend. I sighed sitting on a short stool in front of the mirror.

The room had almost everything, but a clock. I had to know what time it is. I had to start calculating the days. I checked my surroundings, locked my door and once everything felt clear, I removed my Q tab. The screen floating ahead of me.

Battery percentage 672% enough for one month if I use it 24/7 with internet. Without internet, without call I believe it will work longer. I just needed it to be there. 

Something from my time.

I opened the gallery to swiping through the pictures of my family. My mom, my dad, granny, Ela my best friend.

Pictures of myself and then a pic of Aakav. I immediately cursed under my breath as soon as I saw him. I cannot believe I liked a guy like this. All this bullshit that I have fallen into, was because of him. 

He used my soft corner for him, tricked me into being his first human model, without knowing everything about the machine well. He did that despite knowing how dangerous it could be.

I was startled with a loud knock on the door. I went to the door to open it, finding a lady standing there. 

Head down, simple dress with minimal jewelry that would still cost a fortune in my world, she was a servant.

"yes?" I asked.

"it's time for lunch. Your Majesty's guest is requested to clean up and assemble down at the dining room." She spoke meekly.

"okay ma'am" I didn't know how else to address her.

Lunch. That means it is still afternoon.

 I am assuming its somewhere 12 or 2pm.

 I don't know.

But wait. What do I change into?

 I opened the huge wardrobe at side of the mirror. Only to find it empty.

Ofcourse.

I realized, before deciding to be a part of this adventure, I had to do a task of my daily life; visit my best friend and give her, her packages.

Her freshly ordered clothes were still in my bag.

 Ohh thanks Ela. Who would have known, our friendship would save me, even in various time zones.

I removed and unwrapped all the packages. Ela has forever had incomparable sense of dress and trends. So I did not expect anything that wouldn't be popular in the market.

In the 2069 market.

I opened all dresses and soon each one of them were lying on the bed. even though I liked all of them, none were deemed fit for 1441.

I still selected a yellow long one piece, having deep V shaped neck and a sharp wide slit at the side, from the ankle to just above your knee. But this was only 'maximum covered dress'. 

All the other dresses were either transparent, backless, or strip like just covering your breasts. I tied my hair up in a high pony tail since the weather was really humid here and I don't expect fans and air conditioners.

I had found pretty jewelries. I mean 'pretty heavy' jewelries in the box lying on the table in front of the mirror. And although original and beautiful, none went with my attire.

So I scanned through my bag, to find some spare pendant necklace and just selected one with a small crescent moon on it and paired it up with looped artificial earings.

It had been ages since I had seen gold. Gold jewelry were a thing of the past. No one in 2069 would wear original jewels.

I had put on the only black footwear that I had. The dress would definitely look great with the pair of lacy high heels that I had kept in the cabinet of my house. But this combination wasn't appearing so bad either.

I fixed a little of my makeup. I am glad I carry my basic make up kit along. I don't look forward to any sort of comfort for the next one year.

I went down along with that maid, who was here to invite me for the lunch. I am thankful she waited, otherwise I would have lost my way and would eat my lunch 2 days later. 

She was quiet throughout the way, keeping her head bowed down, walking behind me. I really wished to break the ice, but I was still figuring what to talk to humans who are around 600 years elder to me. so I just quietly walked along to where she took me. 

I entered a huge hall, too big to call it a dining room, although it did appear like one.

There were small tables covered with rich fabric. Vessels of copper and brass and food items that could serve a city.

The room was smelling delicious, to say the least. All the royal men, sitting in a circle waiting for food to be served.

I looked at all of them, while all the heads turn to look at me. my eyes met with the King. His, scanning my outfit, looking at me with pure bewilderment. 

I tried to pull the fabric a little up to cover the hint of my cleavage. But I know the dress is not meant for that attempt. I smiled weakly at the emperor who looked forever annoyed with my existence. 

I mean , why not.

"is there some sort of party" I wished I carried English to hindi language translator with me.

"paa-ra-ty" one of his men tried to pronounce.

"celebration I mean." I managed to find the hindi word for it.

"what sort of celebration? This looks like acelebration to you." I heard a female's voice replying. I turned around to find a Goddess standing in front of me. Literally

________________________________________________________________________________

That is all for today.

I am trying my best to be consistent. I hope you guys are liking it so far.

I love you all.

Also please engage with the story, your votes and comments do make me feel nice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 12.8K 37
"Meera"- A decent girl, in final year of her graduation is trying hard to cope up with her insecurities, studies and orthodox family. Though like he...
600K 34.2K 64
Divya Verma 18 year old, she is beautiful and a courageous girl but everytime she tried to be Brave, she ended up getting worst. Same happened on her...
525K 21.1K 39
# 1 in General Fiction as on 11-03-2017 A Gasp escapes my mouth looking at my accidental husband kissing those three girls one after other ...... Tea...
47.2K 1.8K 22
"𝑫𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒉𝒕𝒊 𝒉𝒐, 𝒌𝒊 𝒃𝒊𝒘𝒊 𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊?" ~~ "𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆" "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃...