The Sun, The Moon, The Dragon...

By AbraxosKit48

To be a teen in a small town is easier said than done, especially when you don't have the easiest life. Two g... More

Chapter 1: Skycrest
Chapter 2: Friarridge
Chapter 3: Dragon... not dragon?
Chapter 4: Fooooood
Chapter 5: The kill
Chapter 6: Surprise shooters
Chapter 7: Little Miss Dunce
Chapter 8: Drakon Academy
Chapter 9: Who are you really?
Chapter 10: Ambushes
Chapter 11: 200m sprint
Chapter 12: Flags and Ratatouille
Chapter 13: Testing
Chapter 14: Twinsies!
Chapter 15: Powerhungry shifters
Chapter 16: 4 or 5 stories?
Chapter 17: Meeting the Wolves
Chapter 18: The beginning
Chapter 19: The showdown
Chapter 20: The strangest Symbol
Chapter 21: Mysterious people
Chapter 22: Longlostcousins
Chapter 23: Her name is Juniper
Chapter 24: Barbie Britt
Chapter 25: Schedules
Chapter 26: Infatuation
Chapter 27: Fight! Fight! Fight!
Chapter 28: A crack and a Scream... or three
Chapter 29: The mysterious man... again
Chapter 30: Bye Bye Ej
Chapter 31: Prophecy 1; the last prophecy
Chapter 32: Prophecies, bows and gifts
Chapter 33: The...Delightful Date
Chapter 34: Dungeons
Chapter 35: Spilling the tea
Chapter 36: Ditched for a girl
Chapter 37: Daphne Drama
Chapter 38a: Skylar
Chapter 38b: MINI CHAPTER
Chapter 40: Tatts, Pops and Whops.
Chapter 41: Ranked Eggs
Chapter 42: The Other Halves
Chapter 43: Goodbye darkness. Hello Understanding.

Chapter 39: A day to remember

31 3 0
By AbraxosKit48

Lark POV:

"Hey everyone! I'm Skylar, it's nice to meet you." The girl, who is apparently Skylar introduces herself. "I'm a werewolf not a rider or Isalor."

I look at my friends who all have faces of indifference except Ria, Ria is looking at this girl with slight recognition.

"Do you know her?" I whisper to Ria who just shrugs lightly but keeps looking at Skylar.

"We are going to be learning different fighting moves for your dragons today, we have some of the older students here to help too." The classes attention moves from Skylar to the older students.

As I'm scanning the dragons before me I feel a presence behind me, without hesitation I grab their shoulder and flip them around knocking them to the floor. Looking behind me I find Clay sprawled out on the mats with Kyle standing a few feet away laughing hysterically.

"I warned ya dude." Kyle spits out through his laughter.

"Yep you were... ow... right." Clay wheezes from the floor.

"Sorry!" I bend down and help Clay up, "I didn't know it was you." I grimace and awkwardly pat his shoulder.

"Nah it's cool." He smiles back and together we watch as a Cadre demonstrates a few moves together.

The rest of the lesson went by like that where we watched the two Cadre's performing different fight moves, the two also had a choreographed battle to demonstrate the moves for the rest of us.

Finally break came around and my group was out the door before anyone could stop us, we made our way to the cafeteria and grabbed some food before practically hightailing it to the classroom in the hallway.

Before leaving the cafeteria I grabbed a blood bag as I could feel my Vampire side feeling deprived of blood.

"Oh I didn't know ya'll would be here! Sorry." Skylar walks into the classroom where we are all sitting and just chilling.

"It's cool." Kyle smiles politely before going back to his conversation with Blaze.

"Can I stay? I mean I don't know anyone yet." She asks, her voice quivers with embarrassment.

"Sure." Ria shrugs and continues chatting to Morgen.

"So, I'm Skylar. What's your name?" She walks over to where Zim and I are sat and she sits down beside me squeezing herself between Zim and myself.

"The name's Larkin and that was rude." I scowl at the girl and stand up walking to Clay who is looking out the window.

"I don't like her." I whisper to him and he hums in agreement. "What's wrong?"

"Huh? Oh it's nothing." He mumbles back resting his chin on his hands.

"I'm here if you want to chat ever." I smile convincingly, or what hopefully looks at least genuine.

"I know, it's just family issues." He smiles politely, "Nothing you can do."

We sit in silence just staring out the window until the bell rings signifying the end of break.

***************

The day moves quickly and before I know it my friends are all walking back to the house, Thalium and Kalan are with us too but Logan and Ryker... they've ditched our group for Julie and Elle.

"Wait up!" I turn and find Morgen sprinting over.

"Oh, Hey Morgen." I wave and the group stops.

"Thanks for stopping, how was everyone's day?" He questions.

Everyone either grunts or politely says good except Ej who never does what others want and he instead says, 'F*cking terrific.' with all the sarcasm in the world.

"Okay..." Morgen side eyes Ej but we all keep moving.

"Hey guys! Fancy seeing you here!" The annoyingly bratty voice of Skylar calls out from beside the lake. Seriously this keeps happening, she keeps finding us 'accidentally.'

"Yes, isn't this a surprise we totally don't live in this house." Ria mutters and walks into the house followed by everyone else.

"Sorry we can't stay families are here." Zim waves and hurries inside.

I feel something pressing against my leg and look down to see Titan, "Hey Titan." I scratch his ears affectionately and he runs off up the stairs to go to Ria's room presumably.

"Hey everyone!" Uncle Blake and Uncle Jer walk into the room, "Why do you all look so annoyed? I was just saying hi." Uncle Jer fakes hurt and sits down on the couch.

"It's not you Uncle Jer, there's this girl and she's seriously stalking us she keeps turning up 'coincidentally'." Ria grumbles and the rest of us nod.

She has invaded all of our lives at least twice each today, it's getting stalkerish.

"Maybe she just wants to be friends with you guys." He shrugs like it's no big deal.

"Maybe..." Zim says shrugging back.

"RIAAAAA!" An excited little voice shrieks running into the room, the little blur leaps at Ria who catches her.

"Hey Petal, how was your day?" Ria asks the little girl... who is Ej's little sister.

"Good, we went shopping! I bought a top just like yours and pants like yours too, but Mummy wouldn't let me buy shoes like yours because they are big girl shoes." The small human rambles on.

"Aww, I'm flattered." Ria pouts playfully at the young girl who grins happily and clings to Ria even more.

"Ouch Rose, my feelings, I've been betrayed!" Ej fanes hurt making Rose giggle uncontrollably.

"Ria is so cool! You're my brother, who's not as cool." Rose sasses.

"Burnedd." Callum hollars.

We all laugh and Rose hides her face embarrassed.

Eventually night comes and we all do our own things with our families before they leave. Ria and I are currently in town with our Uncles, cousins and Aunt Hayley having dinner.

"I take it Daphne never came back?" I whisper to Ria.

"Pfffft, that woman holds grudges longer than me." Ria whispers back. If that's the truth that is a long time to hold a grudge. Once I stole the last ice-cream, it was Ria's favourite too, she wouldn't talk to me for like a week. Okay I may have also danced in front of her with it and like mocked her... but it was an impressive length of time to hold a grudge.

"Well you might not see her for like... a month then." I chuckle and Ria pouts acting wounded by my words.

The night goes without any issues and around 10, Morgen, Ria and I say goodbye to everyone. Uncle Blake is staying with his brother for a little while but we had school so we needed to get home.

That night when I fell asleep I dreamed. I dreamed of a man whose face I couldn't see, two girls, one larger more like a bodyguard and the other smaller and in charge. The guy without a face was older then the two girls but commanded the room.

"Are they under your spell?" The guy speaks, his voice gruff and commanding.

"Yes Master, if the bond is broken they are killed. We can use them against their friends now." The smaller girls voice sounds familiar but I can't place it, the dream is hazy and suddenly I sit bolt upright. The memory lingering and instead of thinking I run over to Ria's room banging on the door.

It swings open revealing a groggy Ria and a growling Titan.

"Sorry!" I grimace and she waves me into her room, entering I close the door and sit on her bed.

"I had a dream..." I begin but she cuts me off.

"Same I was the Queen and everyone was giving me pink flaming hippos." She shrugs and rubs her eyes.

"I'm serious Ria." My voice is stern as I look at my twin.

"Me too, it was a good dream." She grumbles and lays on her bed looking up at me.

"Anyway, I think it was a vision rather than a dream. There was an older dude and two younger girls. The smaller girl said she had put the spell on someone and she could now use them to infiltrate their friends." I describe the dream to Ria, every detail I remember I explain to her.

"Wait... did this guy..." She goes on to describe how the guy looked however I hadn't yet told her.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I look at her suspiciously.

"I had one, a little bit ago now. Actually it was like 4 nights ago... anyway it was similar the man and a girl called him master. They spoke about how she would come to the school and a group would except her but no one would expect her." She scowls at the memory.

"Do you think it's the same guy?" I ask her and she nods.

"Do you think Kyle had one?" She asks me and I shrug. Who knows?

"Should we ask him?" I stare out the window at the waves lapping the shore at the lake.

"Yeah, but not at lets see... 2am." She grumbles and pulls a pillow over her face rolling away from me. "Stay, Go, I don't care just lemme sleep."

Rolling my eyes at little miss grumpy I wriggle down under the covers and fall asleep to the sound of the wind outside and the soft breathing of Ria who is already fast asleep.

********

The next morning, well later this morning compared to when I came into Ria's room, I get up. I rush into my room and shower quickly, coming out I drag a brush through my tangled hair and pull on a black tank and white skinny jeans with a red plaid shirt around my waist. After an hour of getting ready I race downstairs and find eggs and bacon on a plate for me, okay... there is a plate for everyone but still.

Wolfing that down I walk into the lounge and find Blaze, Callum, Kyle and Clay already seated there.

"Sup." I say plonking down on the soft yellow couch across from the burnt orange love seat.

"Not much."

"The roof."

"Chilling."

"To be more specific I am under a hanging light."

Each of the four guys say and Clay said the last one surprisingly.

"It's your birthday in two days!" Blaze bumps my shoulder gleefully.

"Yup, that it is." I grumble, "Birthdays have never been my thing, ever."

"Well that's gonna change this year," Kyle declares, "Wait til you see what I got you guys."

"My gift will be better." Callum boasts.

"You guys are ridiculous." Clay chuckles as Zim walks into the room.

"Save me from this madness Azima!" I shriek playfully and everyone laughs.

"No can do Larkin, I am one of them now. Mwah hah hah haaa." Zim drops her voice menacingly and does a evil laugh at the end.

"Yeaaah, no. Don't ever do that laugh again. Just no." I vigorously shake my head at the memory of her weird evil laugh.

"Fine, only for you." Zim grumbles.

The 5 of us sit on the couches chatting until all the roomies are here except Ej, well technically we were just waiting for Ria and Ej but shhhh.

A pair of footsteps bounces down the staircase and appears in the doorway to the lounge, except this person had breasts and was kinda not Ej, unless he became a girl over night...?

"Ooops!" The girls eyes widen when she sees us all staring at her and she self consciously pulls down the oversized shirt she's wearing, that is definitely not hers.

"Hi?" Blaze waves at the girl awkwardly only adding to the already awkward tension.

"Freya? My roommates will be down... there." Ej calls from down the hall but his voice trails off when he realizes we are all down here already and have seen her. "Yeah, they're my roomates." He awkwardly scratches the back of his neck and smiles sheepishly at us all, and receives no reaction as we are all... well imagine if a half naked girl walked into the room out of nowhere. However you describe that feeling.

At that moment Ria comes bounding down the stairs followed by Titan, the pair walk straight into the lounge and plonk down together on the couch beside Blaze. I believe she got up early and cooked for us all then went and got changed or something.

"Oh! You three must be their girlfriends! I'm Elijah's girlfriend. It's so nice to meet other girlfriends of the popular boys." Freya smiles and gives Ria, Zim and I all hugs.

"Uuuhm." Ria says lacking any intelligent words, she purses her lips and turns to Zim and I unsure what to say.

"We aren't there girlfriends..." Zim claims also unsure.

"Yeah, we live here actually." I nod awkwardly looking at Ria and Zim, then the others.

"It's nice to meet you though..?" Ria darts her eyes between the rest of us who slowly nod.

"Oh! I didn't know Elijah lived with other girls..." She growls and glares at the three of us females before pouting and turning back to Ej. "Babe, why didn't you tell me you lived with females?"

"You never asked. I don't see the issue." Ej shrugs and walks into the kitchen followed by Freya, the rest of us stand up and follow them but stay in the hallway. Seriously I think we all have issues wanting to watch the drama unfold.

"How do I know you aren't cheating on me with any of them!?" Freya raises her voice to an octave I didn't know humans could reach. Actually I think she's a werewolf... so she reached an octave I didn't know werewolves could reach.

"For starters Babe, we aren't dating, this was a one night thing, for seconds they're my friends... shut up Ria!" I hear her snicker from beside me and I shoot her a questioning look, she taps her head and I grin knowingly, mind-linking. "Also I wouldn't be able to date you anyway, I eventually have to find my mate." He rolls his eyes but I don't miss the flicker of his eyes towards out friends. To who in particular I'm not sure however.

"Fine! I'm outta here then!" She shrieks and runs out of the house. How long til she realises she's wearing only a shirt, that was partially see through. I take that back, it was a lot see through.

"Okay, well now that's over lets go to class." Callum nods and we all walk out the door, even Ej follows.

************
Ria POV

The next two days fly by and finally before I know it, it's my birthday. I'm 17 today! Hopping out of bed early I race into Lark's room and jump on her.

"IT'S OUR BIRTHDAY! IT'S OUR BIRTHDAY!" I shout gleefully and lay beside Lark who grumbles and rolls over away from me... and out of bed.

"Ouch." She mutters unhappily but stands up and stretches. "Happy Birthday Ria."

"Happy Birthday my twin!" I shriek and run out of the room and down the stairs into Blaze's room, as soon as I'm through the door I jump onto Blaze and wake him up.

"WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD! I'M 17!"

"Happy birthday Ria. Now get off me." Blaze sputters and I hop off and bounce around the room in excitement.

'It's our birthday today! We finally get a real mate... mateeeee.' Jay raises her eyebrows and cheers joyfully with me.

I race out of Blaze's room and up into my own, I grab my black combat boots and pull on my mesh training top over my workout bra and drag on my favourite black flexible jeans. A chill runs down my spine so I pull my maroon bomber jacket over the top and run a comb through my short pure white hair.

Dancing downstairs I move into the kitchen and make pancakes and a fruit salad for the roomies. I add choc chips to some, blueberries to others and leave some plain too. While I'm chopping up the fruit for the fruit salad Lark comes wandering down and sits at the bench while I cut everything up.

"Why aren't you excited?" I ask curiously.

"I am, but in the past my birthdays have kinda been horrible. When mum was alive we would have a picnic at the park and dance but when she passed away Abe would blame me and lock me in my room all day, from when I went to bed the night before to the time I woke up the next day." She mumbles sadly, "So birthdays aren't good times for me." She shrugs which pulls at my heartstrings.

"Then I declare this the new future, from this point on you will enjoy your birthdays!" I bang my knife on the table like a gavel.

"What is all the banging about down here?" Kyle asks rubbing his eyes.

"Lark doesn't like her birthday, I declared this a new era." I say smiling and finish cutting up all the fruit. "Anywho. BREAKFAST!" I yell, I hear the bedroom doors slam open as my roomates come storming down the stairs.

"Happy Birthday!" All the roomates cheer making both Lark and I grin happily.

"Thanks." I say still grinning.

"Thanks guys." Lark smiles politely at everyone. "Where's Ej?" Lark asks making me look up and notice he is in fact missing.

"I think he's already at school, his father or something wanted him." Callum shrugs.

"Ok well, Lark can get first dibs on the food, then me then the rest of you can have at it." I smirk as everyone looks excited.

"Are you sure?" Lark asks hesitantly.

"Yes, now get your food girl." I pass her a plate and grab the pancakes out the oven where they were being kept warm. "Choc chip, blueberry and plain." I point to each pancake then grab a plate for myself. Once Lark gets her serving I add 2 choc chip pancakes and a blueberry pancake to my plate, then obviously I add a serve of fruit salad to the side. Walking over the squeaky floorboards I walk into the dining room to find two piles of presents in the corner. The room is decorated with streamers and balloons and a sign that says 'Happy Birthday Ria and Lark!'.

I grin happily at the sight before me and Lark stands next to me, her eyes glassy and I know she wants to cry.

"Do you both like it?" Blaze asks and sets his hand on my shoulder.

"Like it? I love it. Thank-you all." I grin at all my friends and sit down at the table.

"Yes... thank-you it's seriously too much." Lark breathes nearly in tears.

"You guys deserve it. You'd do the same for one of us anyway." Kyle pipes up making my smile become even bigger.

"Yeah, you two always look out for us so we wanted to do something nice for you guys." Callum nods and ruffles my hair from beside me and he grins at Lark across the table.

"Us girls need to stick together and you treat me like a sister so thank-you." Zim grins and gives Lark a side hug and blows a kiss at me, which I catch and place over my heart.

"I'm grateful for both of you, you made the transition here easier, Kyle being a Prince usually gave me a lot of unwanted attention but you guys didn't act differently so thank-you." Clay adds and smiles genuinely at the two of us.

"You guys are awesome." I grin happily.

"Yes, now let's eat." Lark declares and we all dig into our plates of food hungrily.

Once we have all finished eating Clay and Blaze clear the table of dishes and Callum declares it present time.

Each of our friends gives us both gifts;

Blaze gave me a small box wrapped in paint splotched wrapping paper, in the box there was a beautiful silver bracelet with a wolf, dragon, sword and the words 'You're seriously awesome' engraved in it. The words are something we always say to each other, both as a joke and in seriousness. I may have shed a tear or two when I saw this... it also could turn into a whip at the flick of the wrist I realised when I slashed a gash into the dining table. Whoops.

Blaze gave Lark a signed vinyl record for her favourite song which was wrapped in a paper with parrots all over it. As soon as Lark's eyes found the record she smiled so wide, and hugged Blaze who just allowed it to happen.

From Clay he gave me a book called 'A Throne of Glass' which I'd heard of but the bookstore in my old town never had it sadly, and Daphne never let me special order books.

He gave Lark a board game which she has spoken about a few times because her and Clay both love board games and talk about it during lunch quiet often.

Zim gifted me a large box and when I opened it I found a bunch of things, there was a fluffy maroon robe, bath bombs in the scents; Jasmine, lemon, grapefruit and peppermint, there was a candle in the scent Jasmine and peppermint and finally a pair of fluffy white slippers. I look forward to my spa day now, I never bought these things but I've always wanted to try and now I have my own private bathroom so I can.

Zim gave her Rider, Lark, a small branch? Not sure about that but Lark laughed so hard she was crying, however that wasn't the only gift. Zim also bought her a pure black leather sheath for the sword her mum left for her. I can't remember the name of the sword however.

Callum gave me a detailed map of the world along with a journal that said on the first page in Callum's writing; 'For when you find your calling, thank-you for helping me out time and time again. The pack and I will be lucky if you're our Luna but you will forever by my Luna. Travel the world to the beat of your drum and don't listen to others, be you boo. Love always Beta-To-Be Callum Xx'

As a present to Lark he gave her a Lark bird statue wrapped in an off-white beanie and a packet of nice watercolour paints.

Kyle however bought us matching rings, he bought me a silver one, Lark a gold one and himself a bronze one. All with the words, 'The Prophet Triplets' engraved inside the ring. The band was engraved with dragon scales too and had a small Moon, Sun and Star pattern on the back of the ring.

"Thank you guys so much, these gifts are seriously amazing." I grin and hug each of them to show my gratitude.

"You guys are the best, and this may be my best birthday so far." Lark smiles at us all and gives everyone a hug. "Ok we need to go, we have Cadre training day one today."

"F*ck, let's go!" I scramble up after slipping the ring and bracelet on and sprint out the door.

'Happy Birthday Riri!' Titan sings in my head as he proudly stands out the front, beside him is Whisp. With a saddle.

'Thanks Titan... what's this?'

'It's your Birthday, so Happy Birthday, but I said I would be able to fly with you by now. I can now fly with you on my back, I can carry two people at the moment, Titan doesn't count as a person either.' Whisp squeals enthusiastically in my head.

'No way. I love you guys soooo much!' I ruffle Titans head and scratch Whisp's side affectionately.

I clamber onto Whisp's back and pull Titan up too and hold him in my lap. Behind me I notice Lark and Kyle doing the same with their dragons.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Darkest Wolf By Aconite

General Fiction

26.2K 1.1K 34
"I need you." "And I need a drink." "I don't think you understand," I put my hand on the middle of his back, letting all the darkest emotions- fear...
96 7 9
Clans, packs and covens, and other groups of supernatural creatures have created a special school for their descendants. Four kids from the Castel C...
3 0 6
Twin Aries females in high school out celebrating their eighteenth birthday. Chapter 1 - party with notes of past. Orphans raised in abusive houses...
48.8K 2.4K 28
There is a secret that hasn't been told to her. There is a part of her that she has no idea existed. Who she is, is not something that she had expect...