Kingston

salvatoremily

She's the one thing he can't have. And it's killing him, because Kingston men always get what they want, don'... Еще

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty-one.
Twenty-two.
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty.
Thirty-one.
Thirty-two.
Thirty-three.
Thirty-four.
Thirty-five.
Thirty-six.
Thirty-seven.
Thirty-eight.
Thirty-nine.
Forty-one.
Forty-two.
Forty-three.
Forty-four.
Forty-five.
Forty-six.
Forty-seven.
Forty-eight.
Forty-nine.
Fifty.
Fifty-one.
Fifty-two.
Fifty-three
Fifty-four.
Fifty-five.
Epilogue.
Author Note.

Forty.

3.3K 94 20
salvatoremily

I think my heart stopped beating for those 12 and half minutes that Axle Kingston was in my bedroom.

My head felt so spacey as I listened to him tell my father about this girl, but I don't think I heard much of what they said.

My legs felt like jelly. This man knew how to touch me. I felt electrified under his hands. We had a magnetic force, and I adored it. The Redbull I drink paired with Axle Kingston sounds like havoc on my heart rate.

I somehow made my way upstairs and shut the door behind me. I leaned against it, closing my eyes and feeling his hands on my body.

It wasn't very late but I wanted to sleep. I crawled into my bed with my laptop.

'Alita Harolds.'

Her name came up on the covers of a few unheard of, irrelevant magazines. She's blonde, stunning, maybe about 5'8. Deep set blue eyes and a pearly smile. Her hair was a bright yellow and cut into a bob. She's pretty. Merda.

I dug more into her name. She's been on a couple runways. She has modeled for Maybelline. She has no rap sheet, which is good. She's just a regular girl. She wouldn't classify as famous or a star.

I sighed, and admired her beauty. Despite it all she was a beautiful woman, and there was nothing wrong with me admitting that. It's just that the high road isn't always fun sometimes. You have to protect your feelings too. And seeing Axle with another woman, that alone would kill me.

My phone pinged. The screen lit up with a text and Axle's name flashed across the screen.

'http:/howtohidelustfromyourfather/search.'

'you're not funny.' I replied. I grinned at my phone.

'your bra was pink. I liked it. I like red, too.'

'then get yourself a red bra.'

'your lipstick is on my collar.'

'your fingers left marks in my thighs.'

'I have nail marks on my shoulders.'

'stop the foreplay. You're too far away.'

'I'll pick you up. Say the word.'

'I'm not having premarital sex with you, Axle.'

'you'd be so fucking worth the wait.'

'Alita is pretty.'

I regretted sending that, but I never had these experiences as a teenager, texting a boy, that is. So I guess I was making the most of it.

'she's not my type.'

'you don't even know what she looks like.'

'don't need to. I have very specific tastes.'

'oh yeah? What?'

'black hair, a horrible attitude and spoiled.'

I smiled, heat rushed to my cheeks.

'sounds like a handful.'

'I've got big hands.'

'promise you won't get carried away?'

I felt the insecurity in myself. And this is not who I am.

'I promise, neonata. It's you, only you.'

But sometimes all you need is some reassurance.

'whatever profit you make off this deal is going toward saving stray dogs.'

'whatever you want to do with it.'

'I have a charity of my own, it's called my shoe collection.'

'you're ridiculous.'

'be here early tomorrow. Don't let me meet this girl without you.'

'why?'

'because I'll kick her out. And I need you to stop me.'

'deal. By the way, I stabbed the man in the hand.'

'you... WHAT?'

'he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. I got mad'

'you always get mad. But you can't go around stabbing them. Axle, you're insane.'

'nothing bad happened. I don't see the problem.'

'of course you wouldn't. Do you think he'd double cross you?'

'I don't think he even understands who the fuck I am. He's got his head up his ass.'

'well you need to be as calm as possible around him tomorrow. Don't screw this up.'

'you're all for it now, huh? You're so full of surprises.'

'i know you like that about me.'

'damn straight.'

'I'm falling asleep. Aren't you? I thought old people were in bed by 7.'

'keep running your fucken mouth, smart-ass.'

'I should be prepping the binder.'

'there's no need for that. This fucker knows less about the deal than your gardener.'

'Tony knows a lot about our business actually.'

'I'll see you tomorrow, Katerina.'

'goodnight Mr Kingston.'

'goodnight Ms Hayes.'

The next morning, the sky was dark and bitterly frigid. I woke up a bit earlier, to prepare for dinner tonight with these people. And also, my papa wanted to discuss his divorce situation with me.

I brushed my teeth with the icy cold water. I put my hair into a ponytail and fastened my robe tightly around my body.

I made my way downstairs. Papa was seated at the kitchen counter, sipping on his coffee and reading the paper.

"you're the only person who reads the newspaper nowadays." I said, and he looked up from the paper at me.

"it's a lost art now. How'd you sleep?"

Restless, horny.

"I slept well. You?"

"same. Listen, important day. Kingston said he'd be here around 5, the Harolds will get here around 6." papa said, rustling the paper.

"okay. I'll have the formal dining room set to my liking."

He stood up, grabbed his coat and walked to where I was standing.

"don't drive the staff insane. I'll see you later." he said, and pressed a kiss on my head.

"wait, papa, where do you stand on the whole meatball situation?" I asked, our new name for it.

"that's a very stupid name, bella. That's where I am going now. To meet a man named Henry. He knows what to do, how to get her out of here without being entitled to a penny."

"you know you're a Don right? If you want her to leave all you have to do is threaten her life and she's gone."

"you're spending too much time with Kingston. I'll see you later."

He's right. I shook my head, made my toast and coffee and walked upstairs.

I wanted to talk with my mama. I hadn't spoken to her in about 3 days.

Their room was on the other end from mine. I walked to their door and knocked.

"come." her voice erupted.

I walked in and saw her in bed. Exactly where I thought she'd be. It's like she thinks she's bedridden when she has a perfectly able body and hood health. I hate that she does this, actual sick people would kill to have the mobility she does now and she acts like this.

"hi mama, are you alright?" I asked, softly. Keeping the room calm.

"I'm fine. Why?" she asked, bitterly.

"no I was just checking. I hadn't spoken to you in a while. Wasn't sure if you left the room at all."

"I did when you went for that Alyssa girls party."

"do you need anything? Your medication perhaps?"

"don't pretend to care for me Katerina. I don't need it."

I grit my teeth.

"I am not pretending mama, I'm asking. That's all. Forget it. Live the rest of your life in these four walls. But don't ever forget that life is moving on outside. And things are changing." I said, and slammed the door on my way out.

I collected myself and sighed heavily. Fighting back my own tears and losing. Can I ever have a normal conversation with my own mother?

I made my way to my room. Time was flying, I needed to set up the formal dining room.

I had a shower and put on a black MK sweater. I put on light blue faded jeans and my bedroom slippers.

I went back downstairs and turned on the fire. I opened the double doors leading to our sixteen-seater dining room set.

There was a long, white and gold rectangular table spreading across the room. There were gold fixtures on the table. The chairs were thrones. White with gold trimmings. This room resembled one you'd find in a palace. My father was a king and all he ever wanted was my mother as his queen. He never had that, but he never fell short of making Lo and I feel like royalty.

I dusted the table off and placed some china on them. I put a vase of lilies in the center and lit some candles. It was already 5.30, Axle and my papa has just pulled up.

The white and gold matched well with the gold and blue china I had set on the table. The chefs had prepared roast chicken, we hardly eat meals that aren't flaming hot and give you indigestion that makes you wish for death. So a normal roast chicken would be a nice change of pace.

There was a bottle of white wine in my papa's hand.

Axle was putting his keys in his pocket.

My hair was up halfway with a few strands getting in my eyes.

I brushed them aside and took a look at him.

He looked insanely handsome.

It was a different look. He had a black button up dress shirt on, the first few buttons off showing his silver necklace and the black ink running across his chest. I flashed back to seeing his chest for the first time in his kitchen that day. How much he looked like a sculpture. I would love very much to lick his chest. I pushed my thoughts aside and kept looking at him.

His black shirt was tucked neatly into grey and black checkered pants. His belt was shining in the light of our home entrance. His hair was messy, probably needed a trim. He had light stubble grown overnight. I set my eyes on my ring on his finger.

Oh, Jaxon was here too. He was the one Axle was talking to.

"Katerina oh my word you look magnificent." Jaxon said, very dramatically.

"it's nice to have a personal cheerleader." I smiled and he hugged me. His body was warm.

Axle shot him a look, one that said 'if your hands are on her for one more second I'll castrate you.'

Jaxon cleared his throat and stepped back.

"so what's cooking?" he said and walked off nervously, rubbing his hands together.

I chuckled as he left the room and Axle walked closer to me. Without my heels, I didn't really acknowledge how tall he actually is. His body is massive against mine, tall and firm.

"do you like making your friends so afraid of you?"

He looked at me, stared actually, and lifted his hand to brush the strands on my face.

"I adore it."

"you look pretty. Dressed up for your new girlfriend?" I asked.

He smiled.

"of course. First impressions matter."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"you look pretty too. You should wear jeans more often." he said, slapped my ass and pressed a kiss on the top of my head. He was out the room talking to my papa before I even said anything.

The chefs brought in the food and set it where I instructed them too.

"I apologize, Martin, I was diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder when I was 14." I said and he simply nodded in fear of the 2 men before him. Jaxon was chewing on a carrot. Nothing to be afraid of there.

I heard their car entering the driveway.

My father and Axle both instructed me to wait inside.

I waited in the formal dining room and heard them cock their guns. They have severe trust issues. Drama queens.

They all exchanged greetings.

I saw her. Alita. She was in a nude skin tight dress with black heels. Her bright blonde bob was neatly set and she had diamond studs on her ears. She looked stunning.

She sneered when she saw me.

"you must be Katerina. It's so lovely to meet you." she said. Her voice was so high pitched even a deaf person could hear how insincere she was.

"I can say the same. Welcome to New York." I said, and faked a smile.

"hm. Is that Lorraine Schwartz?" she asked, her voice sounding shocked, in reference to the pink diamond earrings I wear. It was a custom design, one that set papa back quite a bit.

"it is. Good eye." I said, and she nodded, staring deeply at the diamonds on my ears.

My papa called out for me. "Katerina, please come here."

When I walked there, I saw two men I didn't recognize. One was old, the other was handsome.

I looked at Axle, he was uneasy. His jaw was tightly locked and his hands were in his pockets.

"mija, this is Mr Harolds. This is his associate, Theo Howards." papa said. He too looked uneasy, and I am still unsure why.

"it's lovely to meet you both. I'm Katerina Hayes." they both shook my hand.

"she's not my consigliere, just tells me what to do." papa said, they looked confused.

"consi- nevermind. It's splendid to meet you Ms. Hayes." Theo said, with a deep English accent.

"come, let's go and eat." papa said and I waited for them to walk off so I could talk with Axle.

"what's the matter?" I asked him.

He looks down at me. He's so large like this. I will have to live in heels.

"you stay away from Theo. Understand?" he said and I was so confused.

I shook my head and walked to the table.

Papa was at the head of the table. Alita was opposite me, next to her father. Axle sat next to me, Jaxon on his left and Theo sat next to Mr Harolds.

There were vases and centerpieces in the way of seeing each other.

"so, Mr Kingston, Mr Hayes. I'm so thankful to be with you both tonight." Harolds said, with his hand hidden. I saw the bandage though. He must be in so much pain.

Since none of them said anything, I spoke. "yes Mr Harolds, I think it's good that we're meeting in person before everything is finalized."

"but everything is finalized." Alita said, looking directly into my eyes.

"papers are signed. That doesn't mean it's finalized."

"maybe in your Italian ways it's not but for everyone else in the world, when papers are signed it means deals are made."

"yes, well in our business, if we want a deal called off we kill you in your sleep."

That shut her up.

I saw a small smirk on Axle's face.

"maybe this isn't the best place for women, am I right?" Harolds said.

"you are not. Shut the fuck up before I remove your tongue and shove it up your a-" Axle said, and Theo cut him off.

"well whether or not the deal is finalized, it's very nice to be in New York. This weather is bad though." he said. I ignored his face. He was handsome, but standing next to Axle I don't think I'd even look twice at his face. Axle, with his chiseled jaw and his dark eyes.

"doesn't it snow like this in Dale end?" I asked.

"I'm from Central London actually. The snow is bad but this is terrible." he said. I would love to engage in conversation about London. But I didn't.

"this is a business dinner, not a social one." Alita said, setting her glass down.

"I'll go fetch some cutlery from the kitchen." I said and stood up.

I closed the door behind me, hoping things don't end badly.

I heard footsteps.

"Katerina." Alita spoke.

Motherfu-

"can I help you with something?" I asked. Politely. Somewhat.

"it's clear as day that you want Axle as well." she spoke, coming closer to me.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Alita. Are you feeling alright? Shall I check you for a fever?"

"don't play games with me. This deal my father made with him is going to lead to something. And you'd better not stand in the way of that." she said, her accent is thick. It made me want to laugh.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but that isn't happening."

"excuse me?"

I shrugged.

"you're not his type." I smiled, thinking of what he said.

"your arse I'm not his type. I only need a few hours with him. He'd forget all about you. I had no idea he was this attractive, I want him." she said, coming even closer to me. When I was in London, I interacted with so many people and they didn't speak this way. With no much entitlement and disrespect.

"I'm speaking in English and you still don't understand. He hasn't even spared you a glance. I'm so sorry to say this Alita but Axle will not be with you. Feel free to want him, doesn't mean you can have him." I say, with a shrug.

"you seem so sure. You know something I don't?"

"two things actually, first being, the man is mine. You can try anything on him but I promise you, it will not work." I said, inching my face closer to hers. Something dark has taken over me.

"and second, you'd be an idiot to piss me off. I can end this deal and your life with the snap of my fingers. You have no idea just how much power I have over both my father, and Axle."

She took a step back. She understands. She was flushed hot pink. She's growing uncomfortable under my stare, her eyes flickering left to right. She's afraid of me, and she isn't hiding it. Maybe she thought I was a witch. Word spreads that you shouldn't know what to expect with Italians. They call us animals, I believe.

"has he fucked you? Is that why you're like this? No, it can't be. I'll let him fuck me first. Then you can have him afterwards."

I swear, I don't know how this happened. But I raised my hand. And I slapped her. Weighing 90 pounds I slapped her and she fell. Feeling like the heavyweight champion. There was a line on her face pouring with blood, too. This is very unlike me. Oh god, did I just hit someone?

Oh no, jealousy.

They all rushed out. Alita's father lifting her up.

"Katerina are you alright?" my papa asked, rushing to me.

"your daughter attacked mine and you're asking her if she's okay?" Harolds yelled out.

Papa looked at me concerned, Axle's eyes met mine. He looks me up and down, his eyebrows etched in worry. He's assessing me for any visible injuries.

"this is ridiculous. She can't behave like a child." Theo said.

"you watch your fucking mouth." Axle said, bitterly. Harshly. It made me wince. I'm still in shock, I can't believe I hit someone. I've never hit anyone before.

"listen Harolds. I appreciate you trying, but I think we should call this deal off." Axle said. He knew something was wrong. I would never have done something like this.

Papa was nodding.

"he's right. I don't think this partnership is going to work out. Frankly you're too inexperienced to be working with us. And it seems my daughter doesn't like yours." papa said.

"well that's it then? We just head back to Dale end and pretend this didn't happen? Just over one misunderstanding?" Harolds asked.

"we can kill you if you want." Axle said and Jax hit his hand lightly. "But if Katerina isn't happy, then none of us are." He says plainly. I'm speechless.

"I'll send the police for you people."

We held back a laugh.

"no problem. I'll give you some direct cell numbers so you don't have to wait on hold. They're overdue for lunch here anyway." papa said.

Papa and Axle kept cops in their pocket. NYPD, FBI, HS, you name it. It wasn't surprising how many cops could be bought.

"fuck the lot of you." Theo said, and brushed past my shoulder, knocking it.

Rest in peace Theo.

Axle had his forearm pinned against Theo's throat before I could blink.

He gave him a hard punch across his face when I told him to let him go.

The Harolds had made a hasty exit, and our guards were ensuring their removal off our property.

Jaxon and papa went outside to oversee them leaving and probably to flip them off.

Axle stood beside me and I leaned against the counter.

"I forgot how short you are." he said.

I looked up at him. I can't believe all this just happened, I actually hit someone and I ended a deal in the process. My papa and Axle have every right to be angry at me.

"Axle I'm so sorry I ruined the deal."

He smiled.

"don't be. It was either I killed Theo or the other guy. But I'm glad this time it wasn't my fault." he said with a smile.

"you're such a douche. I'm being serious. I ruined the deal." I held my face in my hands.

"no cara mia it's okay. We didn't really need them anyway." he said, his breath warm against my face and smelling of whisky.

"I don't know what came over me. I've never hit anyone."

"you did hit me once. But what did she say?"

"something about you."

"ah, green is a lovely shade on you Katerina."

I shoved him, but he didn't even move.

"shut up. What will I tell my papa?"

"I'll handle that, baby. Don't worry at all"

"I shouldn't have done that, I feel terrible"

"you shocked the hell out of me."

"I'm so sorry."

"You have nothing to apologise for. You're becoming a Kingston. I'm proud." I smiled. "Are you alright, though? Did you get hurt?" He asks, assessing me again, head to toe. I shake my head. "I'm okay," I say, looking up at him. He runs a hand over my hair.

Papa and Jax walked in.

"well done mija. You got rid of them."

"why are you both so calm about me losing a 3 million dollar deal?"

"because we didn't need it. We'll be fine bella." papa said and pulled out some wine for me from the top shelf.

"are you sure?" I asked. Looking at both of them.

"that's a hell of a swing Katerina." Jaxon said and imitated me slapping her.

They all laughed and smiled. The night went on, we ate the dry roast chicken.

I knew I'd always be jealous when it came to him. Axle Kingston was mine. All mine.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

His Mini Bear RR27

Любовные романы

514K 9.7K 94
Ace Salvatore As on the deck of cards, the ace is highest than the king, and so is Ace Salvatore. The ruthless, psychotic, coldest mafia leader. Nobo...
Is This Family? xyz

Подростковая литература

2.4M 64.4K 60
Katherine Jane, a simple and sweet loving girl. Everybody loves her....No. Nobody loves her. She always thought that if she gives love to everyone, e...
A Dangerous Gift CJ Hudson

Любовные романы

5.2M 102K 53
Jada Morales, reeling from a public and humiliating breakup, seeks refuge at a club where she encounters Ryder Young, a notorious New York lawyer. A...
Hidden Gem Real people<<<

Любовные романы

296K 4.9K 37
"You don't know that. I could have been waiting here for you this whole time for you to come in" "Like a serial killer" "Exactly," he said with a smi...