Saving You (Kim Dokja x Reade...

By kla_cian

"Waking up in a different world is really annoying!" Y/n L/n our protagonist in this story finds herself in a... More

ATTENTION!
What the fu-?
Kill or be killed
Sponsorship
2nd scenario
Dealing him
Inho Cheon
Mom?
Reach my Hand
Monster Hunting.
Pointless Argument
Slight changes
Coins
First Kill
Teasing moments
Jihye Lee
Landlord.
Leaving
The contract
Third scenario
Burst
Cheering
Should I?
Movies
Cinema Master
Leadership
Dongdaemun Station
Brother?
Cheering (Part 2)
Lover?!
Dongmyo Station
More than that.
My Angel
I want
Where?
Catastrophe
Catastrophe (PT 2)
Reality Check
Revelator

The fee

5.2K 355 65
By kla_cian

After we ate we take a closer look at the box again.

"Mom, there are some words that carved in the box."

I took a closer look.

What was it again? What was the words?

"Ra-random Item Box! Dokja!"

"Yeah, I heard you. Wow. We could decipher the words thanks to you Y/n."

"I know." I look at him smugly. "Use it." I nonchalantly said.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean there's no one here that could use the box."

"If you say so."

The Dokkaebi suddenly appear and started to ramble.

I bright flash right into our eyes. Good thing I cover Gilyeong's eyes.

As I know the Dokja will get a high grade item.

The box is ready.

"Shall we open it?" Dokja ask.

Gilyeong nodded enthusiastically.

Should I be act surprised? Or should I just give it a simple compliment?

Dokja drew the sword out of the box.

"WHOAH!" Gilyeong exclaimed

"Great! It's really a special item! Good for you Dokja!" I said.

"It's okay if I keep this right?" He ask.

"Of course, those items that you put in there is yours from the beginning." I said.

"Let's head back, shall we? There are plenty of ground rats where we came from, so we'll only need to take the mana brazier back with us. With Gilyeong [INTERSPECIES COMMUNICATION] skill--"

"Dokja." I interrupted making him stop.

"There aren't any insects around." Gilyeong said.

"Huh? Not even one?" He ask.

"Well, to tell you the truth, there is one, but--"

"Gilyeong, you don't have to-"

*THUD*

We heard a loud thud from above. Then Gilyeong started to say some incoherent words.

Another loud thud came from above and Gilyeong is losing his control.

"GILYEONG! DOKJA SOMETHING IS WRONG!" I worriedly exclaimed.

I rushed towards Gilyeong and shake him up. Dokja also help me shaking him.

"Gilyeong? Gilyeong! Snap out of it!" Dokja exclaimed

"Gilyeong? Honey?! You can stop now!" I shake him hoping that it'll stop him.

If we don't, we're gonna be burried alive.

"GILYEONG LEE!" Dokja and I yelled the same time.

"H-huh? Dokja? Mom?"

Thank god! He snap out of it.

"Stop using your skill at once! Hurry!" Dokja said.

"I-I did." He said.

The shake stop. Gilyeong deactivated his skills.

*Whoo!*

I breathe out exasperatedly.

I'm glad.

I look at the side to make sure Myeongoh is okay.

I was busy calming my heart that I don't notice that Gilyeong is looking at me.

"M-mom?"

I look at him and gave him a small smile.

"Did I do something bad? If then, I'm sorry." He said while hanging his head low.

I sighed before patting him.

"You did nothing wrong. You just wanted to help us. I was just worried that something bad happened to you, considering that you got a nosebleed." I gave him a handkerchief and ruffle his hair.

I'm still ruffling Gilyeong's hair when Dokja said something.

"We'll get lost if we enter the black tide right now. We should wait a little and move on when a small insect appears in the area."

That's one thing that I'm worried about. Sangah is not here and apparently there's no insects at the moment. How are we supposed to go back?

I continue patting Gilyeong's hair when I heard a screech sound.

I drop on one knee and hold at Gilyeong's shoulder for support.

Personal Skills:
The PATH OF THE PAST IS ACTIVATED.

Black chains that came out of nowhere tied around my wrist.

"C-chains... These are chains." I trailed.

"What chains?" Dokja hold my hand to help me stand up.

"These!" I put up my wrist in front of him.

"There aren't any chains in your wrist. What are you talking about?" He said.

No way?! He really can't see it?

Wait...

"I think I know a way out of this place." I turned to him.

~~~

"Are you sure about this?" Myeongoh asked once again.

"Yeah... I'm sure of it. Anyway make sure that you guys are holding each other." I reminded them.

We're currently walking hand in hand. I'm following the chains that surrounded my wrist.

I look behind me to see Dokja staring at me.

I raised an eyebrow at him, but he just shook it off with a light chuckle.

With that I whipped my head in front again and tried to focus on the chains.

Gilyeong squeezed my hand a little. I just gave him a small smile and shake my head a little.

We continue to walk until we heard a crackle and see a light.

CHANNEL #BI-7623 HAS REOPENED.

We look side way and heard a familiar laugh.

" Damn it! That bastard messed with my channel! HAHAHA! Everyone! Have you all been we while I was away? "

BIYU!!

~~~

"Wow! This is really delicious!" Huiwon exclaimed. Happily eating the meat that they cooked.

Meanwhile....

"Sangah? Why are you still crying?"

"Because!! You got in danger earlier!" She said while taking a bite.

"But I'm fine! We got back in one piece! I even gave you the bracelet I got earlier." I tried reassuring her.

"Stilll!!!" She sniff.

*Sigh*

Gilyeong and I shared a look before laughing.

I look at Hyeonseong to see him shining. Would you look at that? He's so happy to got a shield.

*Sting*

Aishh! My wrist still stings! I realized what is that skills earlier.

I secretly glance at Gilyeong who looks at Dokja.

The PATH OF THE PAST is not something ordinary. The chains are already give away. I thought that those chains are just a guide, but how wrong I was. Those chains are connected to someone's darkest past.

Flashback.

"Thanks for lifting us up." I said to Hyeonseong.

I thought that I could easily see where the chains are connected, but to my disappointment it still has a long way to go.

Someone grabs my hand. I look at the culprit, only to see Gilyeong looking at me worriedly.

"Mom, is the chains still intact?" He asked me.

He believed me when I said that chains are surrounding my wrist.

I look back at the chains, only to notice that it was glowing darker than before. Instead of a golden light it was black and darker one.

That's when it hit me.

End of Flashback.

*Sigh*

I glance at Gilyeong.

What kind of trauma does this kid have? Is it from his family or something?

Poor child.

We got back in the station only to find it kind of depressing.

Oh! Is it time for the survival fee? Is that why they're agitated?

I feel bad for those who really deserve to live.

[20 Minutes remaining until checkout.]

[Please have your Survival Fee already.]

Notifications have already receive. I'm not worried about it but... I looked around to see some kids here.

Do those kids have to die?

I felt someone hold my hand. I look to see who it is.

It was Gilyeong. I think he have enough coins for this fee so I don't have to be worried, even if he doesn't have enough coins I'm willing to give him some of mine.

I look at the crowd to see people starting to panick. Some of them are willing to pay 10 million won. As if actual money could work here.

"WHERE IS MY SISTER?! SHE VOLUNTEERED TO JOIN THE SEARCH PARTY! SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO GIVE ME SOME OF HER COINS!" A woman yelled getting my attention.

So the story hasn't really change, huh? I don't know if it's a good thing or not.

"Hmmm... Where could she be? Why don't you go look for her?" A man who is with the major group said.

What the fuck? Those bastards are really cruel!

"Are you sure she volunteered for the search party? Can you prove it?"

"Why don't you volunteer yourself and go look for her?" The maniacs grinned and laugh.

How satisfying it would be if I were ro slash their throats?!

"Dokja! I'm so glad to see you!" An annoying voice rang loudly. Myeongoh didn't waste any time ti dash at Inho. He's still going with him despite of Dokja did earlier?

"If I remember correctly, you have the most coins, didn't you?" He said smiling. Then his attention shift to me. His smiled widely that makes me shiver in disgust.

"And of course! Lady Y/n also have some coins to spare since she make us pay whenever she help us in medicine.... So how many was it?" He said loudly while using his skills INCITE

Can't he shut up?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 5.7K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
750K 29.4K 41
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
852K 39.8K 170
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
940K 16.1K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...