The Death Asylum

By Dragon_Kitara

Welcome to the Death Asylum! . . "What is this...game?" ✦✧✦✧✦ If only that seventeen-year-old knew... More

2.
3.
4

1.

90 17 68
By Dragon_Kitara

A/N This is a collaboration between giakfanfiqs and Dragon_Kitara

✨✨✨

"Stop stepping on all the toys!" Bangchan yelled, letting out a sigh in exasperation at Felix and Seungmin who nearly tripped and faceplanted on the cold hard floor, while entering the set.

"Why did they even get so much?" Seungmin grumbled, picking up a teddy bear from the floor and being his usual self, poking the eyes of the poor teddy bear mercilessly. A few minutes later, he finally got bored and pointed at the brown bear. "Do we get to take them home?"

The assistant director shook her head in the negative. "I'm afraid not. We'll be donating it to a children's hospital after the shoot but I believe each of you can keep one thing as a souvenir since there's a lot of toys we have here."

"Sick!" Felix laughed, grabbing the bear from Seungmin's hands before aggressively throwing it at Han Jisung's face who was interrupted from his own little world with his dear Lee Know.

"Yah! Are you six?" Changbin scolded, plucking a toy from the ground and rolling his eyes at them.

"Why would you even get so happy over toy robots- THIS ONE HAS LIGHTS!" Changbin explained mid-sentence but let out a squeal once he realized that the toy had lights.

"Woah!"

"Lemme see!"

The Stray Kids members all surrounded Changbin as the toy robot lit up, expressing their amazement in little gasps and hums and Jisung, being his usual self, responded with a vast range of different expressions within a few moments. The Director of this music video clapped his hands before speaking through a microphone.

"There's just one more shot to film for Christmas EveL! Please prepare and get into positions!"

Everyone voiced their agreement before their makeup artists and stylists came over to do a few touches as the members slowly got serious. Kim Ji Yu had just finished her small cameo scene where she had screamed in dismay that the boys weren't Santa but she didn't intend to leave just yet, wanting to get a few autographs and pictures to keep as a souvenir.

She loitered in the side as the music came on and the boys began shooting in their red Santa outfits. Ji Yu turned around in search of her assistant  the small girl was already a well-known child actress when her foot came into contact with something. Ji Yu's eyes bulged before she squatted down, next to it, observing the thing with her eyes shining with curiosity.

Compared to all the toys that were scattered around the set, this one was definitely the most expensive one she saw so far. She glanced back at the boys, wanting to show them what she discovered. It took around 20 minutes to finish the last scene after NGing around 3 times and the boys began hopping around in excitement since they couldn't wait to know how the music video would turn out to be.

Ji Yu gestured wildly in their direction as she called out for them. Bangchan bumped shoulders with Hyunjin before pointing towards her.

"Little Ji Yu seems excited," he squealed as he told the other members about it.

They all approached her with wide grins and jokes, complimenting the girl's cameo scene. Ji Yu flushed at all the praise she received from her bug brother-like members before pointing to the black box behind her.

"Did Mr. JYP really allow the budget to buy this?" She inquired as her gaze ran around to examine their just as curious faces.

The boys glanced over her shoulder at the ground before exclaiming as they were shaken at the sight of such an expensive game just lying around at the filming set. They crowded the newly released PlayStation box and even released giggles at the sight of having a small screen so they could actually play it while the staff began wrapping things up, them being completely unaware of this occurring.

"Wow, are there any games there?" Hyunjin raised a question as Lee Know moved forward and they all eventually began rummaging around to find something related to this costly game.

"Oh! I only found one disk and it looks like an exclusive one too!" Lee Know held up a disk and read the text as he waved it around in front of the faces of the members

"It's called _Death Asylum_," he slowly spoke, as the members' faces lit up, except for the ones who knew at once that it was a horror game just by the name of it.

Seungmin, I.N, Bangchan, Hyunjin, and Felix were not big fans of such games. Leave that, they weren't fans of such things at all.

Han took the disk from Lee Know and placed it in PlayStation, switching both the screen and box on as he let out a low chuckle. The boys all huddled around the screen even though some of them were scared, and even Ji Yu sat in front of Bangchan as she gazed at the screen with a look of curiosity plastered on her face. A bunch of instructions popped up but before she could read any, her assistant manager's voice called out to her and she let out a groan in annoyance as she stood up and trudged over to the assistant manager.

"Can't wait to play something horror! I and Lee Know haven't seen or played any horror game for so long now!" Han let out a groan as he moved and sat right in front of the game as Changbin grabbed his shoulder and began dragging him a little away.

"Don't get into the screen! We wanna see too!" he exclaimed and the members began calming him down as his lips curled up in a sulky pout.

"Whatever. Does this game work?" I.N began speaking as he took notice of the fact that the screen had suddenly gotten blank out of nowhere. It was just a black screen with nothing over it.

"Let me fix this," Lee Know, who was sitting behind watching the members bicker for no reason, grew impatient since the game crashed out of nowhere and offered to fix it.

Just as he came near the box, it suddenly began working on its own, but the screen lit up only for a jumpscare to appear out of nowhere. Since the fearless ones were sitting in the front, they didn't even flinch a bit. But the ones who were far from the screen and standing behind let out a scream as they got startled by the jumpscare.

"I don't wanna be here," Seungmin began acting tough out of nowhere, he rolled his eyes at the members.

"I think we should turn it off. I don't have a good feeling..." Chan suddenly spoke and Felix, who was sitting beside him and hiding his face in Chan's shoulder nodded his head in agreement to the leader's words.

"Why are you so scared? It's nothing," Changbin responded monotonously to his words and turned his head back to face the screen.

Suddenly some letters popped up on the screen.

"Welcome to the Death Asylum!"

"It's working!" Han exclaimed as he took the controller in his hands but Lee Know snatched it from his hands and stuck his tongue out at the poor guy.

Lee Know clicked on a button as the screen loaded and proceeded further. A new set of letters popped up on the screen as they all squinted their eyes to read it.

"This is a Mixed Reality game and contains very graphic instances of gore and violence. Only play if you're courageous enough or stay away!"

"This seems like a warning," Hyunjin trailed off and Lee Know hummed in response.

"I think we should turn it off, you guys see the warning right?" Felix piped up but the members sitting in the front just let out a dry chuckle at his words.

"I and Lee Know have watched plenty of gore stuff in horror movies to be scared of this petty warning. Let's proceed and see what else is to see," Han spoke teasingly as Lee Know took his cue and clicked on ' ENTER '.

The screen got redirected to an introductory video as all of the members' eyes got fixated on the screen, even the ones who were scared initially gained some courage from within to see what was popping up on the screen.

It was a gruesome video. There was a mental asylum where the doctors and nurses were very relentless towards the mental patients and were careless towards their serious health. Then suddenly a scene popped up where a doctor was seen laughing hysterically as he gave shock therapy to a patient, except he increased the shock levels and was literally electrocuting the poor patient.

The patients were being tortured to the extent that Felix could no longer even raise his eyes to the screen and hid his face in Chan's shoulder again. The members gasped at more gruesome scenes that slowly unfolded in front of their eyes when suddenly the screen went blank again.

"Is this thing broken?" Changbin asked as he reached his hand out to fix the box when suddenly some more letters popped up on the screen.

"Oh! Select if Single or Multiplayer! I'm going for Multiplayer!" Lee Know exclaimed in pure amusement as he clicked on Multiplayer even though Chan's voice could be clearly heard as he disagreed with Lee Know. But no one paid attention to his voice. Especially not the ones sitting in the front.

Suddenly the screen went blank again and the ones who were excited to play the game let out a groan in annoyance.

"Don't worry, the game's not broken. It's just a little slow you know-" just as Han began speaking, the screen lit up again and suddenly there was no one found sitting in front of the PlayStation.

"Kim Ji Yu?! I got the pen and paper you wanted. Now go take their signature," The assistant stated, looking around for the little actress and flashing a smile just as she came into the staff's peripheral vision.

"Oh yes!" Ji Yu exclaimed, getting to her feet and running over as she took the items from the assistant's hands.

"When do we have to leave?" She implored out of nowhere as she tilted her head in curiosity.

"You don't have anything scheduled for the rest of the day so we can leave anytime you wish." The assistant said before getting back to engaging in a conversation with one of the staff.

Ji Yu neatly held the pages and pen, ready to ask the eight boys for their signature as a smile crept up her face and she made her way back to them.

But after arriving in the same spot with the PlayStation, the screen was blank and she didn't see any of the red-clothed Santas. They couldn't have left already? Ji Yu ran her gaze around in confusion, looking for the members as the smile on her face slowly dropped.

Don't be a silent reader
Show some love
vote and comment
ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 97.2K 74
Swallow is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon purchase. When Mildr...