Percabeth (completed): Book 1...

By Lozzanator_Percabeth

Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase have become trapped in Tartarus. The evil goddess of Earth, Gaia, is rising... More

Chapter One ~ PERCY
Chapter Two ~ PERCY
Chapter Three ~ PERCY
Chapter Four ~ ANNABETH
Chapter Five ~ ANNABETH
Chapter Six ~ ANNABETH
Chapter Seven ~ PERCY
~ Author's Note ~
Chapter Eight ~ PERCY
Chapter Nine ~ ANNABETH
Chapter Ten ~ ANNABETH
Chapter Eleven ~ PERCY
Chapter Twelve ~ PERCY
End of Book - Read Plz
Decision Time - plz read
Chapter Thirteen ~ ANNABETH
Chapter Fourteen ~ ANNABETH
~ Author's Note ~
Chapter Fifteen ~ PERCY
Chapter Sixteen ~ PERCY
Chapter Eighteen ~ ANNABETH
~ Author's Note ~
Chapter Nineteen ~ ANNABETH
Chapter Twenty ~ PERCY
Chapter Twenty-One ~ PERCY
Chapter Twenty-Two ~ PERCY
Chapter Twenty-Three ~ PERCY
Chapter Twenty-Four ~ ANNABETH
Chapter Twenty-Five ~ PERCY
Chapter Twenty-Six ~ ANNABETH
Chapter Twenty-Seven ~ PERCY
Chapter Twenty-Eight ~ ANNABETH
Chapter Twenty-Nine ~ ANNABETH
Chapter Thirty ~ PERCY
Chapter Thirty-One ~ Wedding Preparation
Chapter Thirty-Two ~ A Percabeth Wedding
Sequels

Chapter Seventeen ~ ANNABETH

3K 37 1
By Lozzanator_Percabeth

• Chapter Seventeen • 

• ANNABETH •

"Hey."

A cold hand cupped Annabeth's cheek. Soft thin fingers stroked her forehead, then another hand eased off her heavy fleece-lined jacket. Annabeth groaned as her body hit the ground, the removal of her jacket exposing her aching back.

"Hello."

Annabeth couldn't reply. She hurt too much.

"Come on. Da least ya could do is say hi!"

The same gentle and delicate hand, that took away her jacket, brushed Annabeth's messy curls from her forehead.

Two voices whispered, then suddenly Annabeth was being lifted into the air. Her eyes were closed as if she was sleeping, and this were a dream.

"She got attacked by a telkhine," one said. It was female, with a quiet angelic voice like sugar. She laughed nervously. "I was watching her from the rocks. She was hopeless!"

"Lay off 'er, Mika." The second voice was gruffer, but with an unexpected warmth to it. Again, it was female, but it lacked that softness of the first, yet it seemed more realistic and kinder.

Mika, the first, giggled again. "Don't be grouchy, Korna. I'm sure you'll get your pay."

Korna grunted. "Like last time, ya mean? I got nothin' good to say, even fer such a 'efty wager. Though, it's business, s'ppose."

Annabeth groaned. "Who are you?"

"I'm Mika!" Mika exclaimed. "This is my twin sister, Korna. Open your eyes, child. Let you see us!"

Pushed into a sitting-up position, Annabeth unscrewed her eyes. She immediately saw blackness. She looked down and saw two heads beneath her - one blonde, one brunette. The blonde had a smooth tanned scalp, whereas the brunette was paler.

The blonde's head snapped backwards. Her face was heart-shaped, with blue eyes and a cute-button nose. Even her mouth was glossed and sparkling in a perfect pout.

As for the brunette, she wouldn't let herself get distracted. She kept looking away.

"Where am I?" Annabeth asked.

"You're close to Guardian's Gate," the blonde said. Annabeth recognised her voice as Mika.

"What's Guardian's Gate?"

"The path through to da most dangerous part o' Tartarus," the other, Korna, said. She kept staring ahead, not looking up. "We 'ave to pass through da Gate, then dat leads to da Doors."

Annabeth blinked. "You what?"

"The Doors," Korna said. "O' Death. Some lad 'as been taken there, Jackson or somethin'. Earth Lady grabbed da Doors months ago, got forces on ev'ry entrance. We gotta get through da Guardian's Gate - quickest way there."

"Can I come down, please?" Annabeth asked.

Grunting, Korna slipped out from beneath Annabeth. Mika followed suit. Landing on her back, Annabeth groaned inwardly, but pulled herself up.

She looked at the two creatures in front of her. Their faces were exquisitely beautiful; Mika with her perfect features. Korna was more of a natural beauty, her honey-brown locks framing her thin cheekbones. She had the greenest eyes, like glittering emeralds, and her lips were light and slightly plump.

However, they're bodies were monstrous. Mika had a pair of hideous purple wings, a grungy yellow at the tip. Her body was shrivelled and bony, with paper-thin limbs that hung like they were loose. She wore a fluffy pink dress that would be fashionably cute if it wasn't five sizes too big, like an overhung curtain.

Korna looked much worse. She was even thinner, with nothing but a grey jumpsuit that was in tatters and holed. Her skin was deathly pale, her poor body bruised.

They both looked like they'd been through hell - and they couldn't have been more than early twenties.

Mika blushed. "We used to be beautiful women. Sirens, we were. We could entrance anybody. My sister here refused to use her talent, though. That's what got us here."

"It weren't right," Korna said quietly. Her voice struck Annabeth as low and unnerving. "Death is wrong. Ya killed innocent men. I refused dat. A Siren is born with da gift of music. We shouldn't o' abused dat!"

"Why are you heading for the Doors?" Annabeth asked, sensing the subject should be changed.

"We need work," Korna said. "Ain't got no choice. Tartarus ain't lettin' us go. Ever since da forces took over, we gotta prove ourselves to be let free. See ma point?"

Annabeth nodded. "Only Gaia chooses who can leave Tartarus."

"Exactly," Mika said. "At first, anybody could leave. But when Thanatos was set free, Gaia reigned it in a bit. She was taken by surprise. She expected the god to stay chained. Story says the boy who freed him was tied to a stick, a stick that was burning. Cool, right?"

"So you're going through the Gate?" Annabeth said. "But why do you need me?"

"We don't," Mika said.

"We found ya," Korna added. "Ya were fightin' a telkhine, and ya were losin' - like ya were distracted, or somethin', I dunno. Anyways, we found ya. 'alf dead, ya were, and -"

"Korna insisted we bring you with us," Mika interrupted. "But we were on business anyway."

"Who for?"

"Dat's private," Korna growled.

The sisters began walking. Annabeth followed behind. The Doors of Death - Percy was there. Jackson or somethin', Korna had said. That had to be Percy. And Annabeth sensed she only had a couple of days left to get to the Doors. Two days to love.

Tears welled in her eyes.

"Don't cry, love," Mika said softly. "Korna doesn't mean to snap at you. She's a darling at heart, really."

Korna sniffed, but said nothing.

"We're from the Isles of Sirenia," Mika told Annabeth as they walked. "It's in Hawaii, although very few people can find it. It's named after our kind. We have our own little lake." Mika paused. "Well. We had."

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you die? You said it was Korna's fault, because she wouldn't sing?"

"Oh, she would sing," Mika said, a dark edge taking to her voice. "But she did it for beauty. She didn't kill. Sirens are trained from birth to sing out, beautiful music that draws men to us. Like fireflies to a light. We eat them. It's how we survive."

"Monsters," Korna spat.

Annabeth wanted to hear more, about why Korna was different and how they both ended up so ugly, but suddenly they heard a noise. Low rumbling.

"What's that?" she asked.

Korna looked ahead, a faraway look in her eyes. "Carts," she said. "They bring resources to the Doors. They pass through, w'th permission, o' course."

"What kind of resources?"

"Where ya been at, girl?" Korna hissed. "Ya got so many questions. Ya some sort o' traveller?"

"That's me," Annabeth said with a sigh. "Just a traveller."

"What kind of person would travel through Tartarus willingly?" Mika questioned. "No offence, love. You're a very pretty young lass. But you're alone. What are you doing here?"

"It was a mistake," Annabeth said. She shook her head. "Now, come on! What kind of resources?" Her voice rose.

She could feel them staring at her, Mika with surprise and Korna with suspicion.

"Mostly weaponry," Korna explained. "Guns, knives, dat kinda t'ing. There's also money - lots o' gold. We get paid it fer workin'."

"Earlier, Mika said that she was sure you'd get your pay. But you said you were going for work. What's that about?"

Mika shook her sister's arm. "Korna -"

"Ya got too many questions, kid," Korna snapped. "Some t'ings are just better not knowin'. Fer yer own safety."

Annabeth looked round. She noticed something silver underneath Mika's curtain-like dress. A blade. A small one, but a blade nonetheless.

Mika was the smaller of the two. She'd be easy to overpower.

But just when?

"Tell me," Annabeth ordered through gritted teeth.

Nobody replied. Mika led the way, Korna close behind. The latter kept throwing a glance over her shoulder, watching Annabeth wearily.

"Ya really wanna know?" she snarled. "We're bein' paid. By da Earth Lady 'erself. She wants ya at da Doors. It was pure coincidence dat we found ya w'th dat telkhine."

"How long was I out?"

"About twelve miles," Mika said quietly. "Roughly a day."

"A day?"

That gave Annabeth just twenty-four hours to find Percy. She wouldn't die alone. She had to die, she knew that. But Percy had to be with her for her last moments. That much she knew was necessary.

"Come on," Korna said. "We're close. 'nother 'alf-'our or so. Ya know."

Annabeth decided the accent was Scottish. Or possibly Scouse. Accents weren't her strong point.

She looked at the blade. If she could stick another half-hour, she could get to the Guardian's Gate, which would get her to the Doors as fast as possible. Surely that was worth it?

"Okay," she said. "I'll go to the Doors with you."

"You haven't much choice, sweetheart," Mika whispered. "Korna won't let you live."

"But I thought she hated killing people!" Annabeth whisper-yelled.

"No, sweetie." Mika looked away sadly. "She loved men too much to kill them. But with you? She'll do anything. Men are rubbish, hon. The ones I killed deserved it. But not little ones like you. It's cruel."

Korna had taken the lead. Watching her sister anxiously, Mika fell into step with Annabeth.

"This happened to us because Korna killed the princess of Sirenia," Mika said softly. "She was such a beautiful Siren. I saluted her. But Korna grew jealous. Ever since, she's been twisted."

"You called her a darling at her!" Annabeth protested.

"And I lied," Mika said. "I'm sorry, love. But you don't stand a chance."

********

Oh my gods, it's so late and very short!!! I'm sorry! And maybe this is a little confusing, but the next chapter is also Annabeth and I think it will be interesting!

Please don't hate me. Give me a chance to explain!

I last updated on Saturday, the second of February, I think. Let me explain my business.

On Sunday, I was out car-hunting with the family. No chance to update.

On Monday, I had a load of homework due in for the next day that I had to do after school, plus my mum took away my iPod overnight so that I didn't stop doing homework.

On Tuesday, I went to see my cousins who I haven't seen for five weeks. I could get wifi there, but it would be really rude if I sat on my iPod all night. See where I'm coming from?

On Wednesday, I had a play rehearsal. I'm in my school production of Peter Pan. No, I'm not Peter - don't wanna be! - but I'm Tootles. He's one of the Lost Boys. I love playing him, even if I am a girl. One of my best friends plays Tootles' best friend, Nibs, so it's really cool! (sorry, running on!)

On Thursday, my friend Jess came round after school to work on a project we have due in this Tuesday (haven't really started it, we spent ages messing around!)

On Friday (yesterday), I forgot - sorry - and then I went to bed quite early cuz I was gonna be up early.

On Saturday (today), I had another play rehearsal from ten until three so I was really busy. And I gotta admit... man, great rehearsal. And not actually because of the play. Can't say why, not yet, might be able to this week... :)

^^^^^^^^^^^

Confused about that? So am I.

And since I got back, I've been working on this chapter.

Hopefully I'll be able to update on Monday. Tuesdays are non-updating days, as our Wednesdays. Other days should be fine.

Sorry about the shortness of the chapter and the running on of the author's note!

Bye!

~ Lauren Susan xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412K 19.6K 81
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
68.6K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
567K 8.7K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
475K 14.5K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...