Just A Girlfriend (BWWM) ✅

By MaironaMhic

"It was always you. I was confused and I made some mistakes-" "And I moved on." - Kit is a college dropout wh... More

one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one

three

716 32 6
By MaironaMhic

"That's what we call a home run." I pointed to the screen as the ball flew out of the field. Teshia took in a deep breath then sighed before getting up off the couch. "You're going to miss him score!"

"I'm getting more guac!" She called back.

I pulled out my phone since without having to explain every play of the game meant I'd be bored. When I unlocked it, it was on the same screen that I stared at for twenty minutes. My mind was blank and I wasn't the best at reconciling with anyone really. Even with Teshia it took a whole semester just for her to get rid of that grudge against me. On top of that, the way I treated Edith was unforgivable and it shocked me that she did such a favor.

"I'm going to make is spicy cause that was really bland." I looked over my shoulder to make sure she wasn't coming up behind me. "Is that okay with you?"

I nodded then caught myself. "I mean, yeah!" Even though I hated spicy foods, Teshia couldn't go a day without burning her mouth off.

"Okay. Can we watch what I want to watch now?" I quickly nodded while sliding my phone between the couch cushions. She turned on some reality tv show that I'm pretty sure she's seen already since all the episodes are the same. Drama. Arguing. Fights. And more drama.

I felt my phone buzz against my hand but I didn't want to pull it out too urgently. "I was thinking about going back to school. Applying for my associate's degree at that community college nearby."

Teshia gasped when one of the girls on tv slapped her best friend. I looked at her just as she turned to look at me. "She was the one who slept with Jason!"

"Who's Jason?" I said with a tad bit of curiosity.

"You know Jason! The one with the blond highlights and owns that bar! That Jason! He's Cheyenne's fiancé and Klara slept with him at his beach party while Cheyenne was passed out."

I rolled my eyes when Jason came on the screen. I instantly remembered that asshole. Couldn't believe these women put up with how blatantly cocky he was. It was so obvious that I'm starting to believe he's putting on that personality for the show.

"Oh... that jerk. I'm going to go do some internet stuff. I'll be back in thirty."

Sliding my phone in my pocket discretely, since she hates seeing me take it, I jogged to our bedroom and closed the door to block out the annoying high-pitched Cali girl voices on the flat screen.

It was expected that she would text back. I remember her texting habits like we've done it all our life. I know I also wanted to keep it on a friendly level so Teshia wouldn't raise any suspicions. I'll just make it clear that I fell in contact with an old friend and there's nothing else going on. She'll have to believe that-

"Who is Edith?" I jumped up from my computer desk when I saw her holding a sheet in her hand with the words pointed towards me. I started to sputter in shock because all it took was that look of distaste to make me wish I would have just stayed in the living room. "What's taking you so long to answer."

I jumped out of my chair and walked over to the paper just to snatch it from her hand. "Why are you raising your voice? It literally is her insurance telling me how much she owes for the dent she put in my mom's car two weeks ago." I pointed to the price at the bottom of the paper. "Chill out, Teshia."

"Don't tell me to chill out." She rolled her eyes and left the room while slamming the door behind her.

There was no way I could keep up the cordial back and forth. The amount of boredom I felt already at just looking at my own text made me want to fall asleep.

"Why are we meeting outside of your mothers house?" I turned on my heels as Nova walked up the driveway with her knee wrapped in swelling depressant bandage, wearing spandex, and a tight athletic crop top. She obviously just finished doing some sort of physical activity and even as tired as she looked, Nova has always looked beautiful. "I looked at the address and I started to wonder why you gave me a pin to an actual house." Her laugh was bright and bubbly.

I was lost for words. "I... Uhm... my girlfriend tracks my phone. I told her I was going to my mom's house to drop these papers off and if I went anywhere then she'd be blowing up my phone. It's highly susceptible to happen."

She smiled widely while tilting her head to the side. She then reached up to adjust her hair that was pinned back and resting on her neck.

"Are you two going to stand in my driveway or come in and say hi?" The sound of my mothers voice made my skin jump but the look on her face when she saw Nova made my heart skip within me. "You're not Teshia..." I groaned. "Who is this beautiful young lady?" With a skip in her step, she jumped over to Nova in a way that made her look so youthful. "I'm Mrs. Richardson but you can call me Shannon. I'm Christopher's mother."

"I'm Nova. An old friend from high school." They shook hands gleefully. "My camera on the garage detected movement and notified me and I thought it was him and his girlfriend out here talking. I'm so sorry for being so rude at first."

After many apologies and tons of "its fine", I followed behind the two women who talked each other's ears into disappearance. By the time we made it into the house, I was hot and tired and Nova finally had her injured knee kicked up since my mom couldn't wait to play nurse.

"Volleyball is such a competitive sport. I have a set of twins, Tyler and Maya. Maya has been in volleyball since she started middle school. It's going on two years now and a total of thirteen twisted ankles and swollen knees combined. You be careful out there with all those quick hits and high jumps."

Nova then held up her wrist that was also wrapped in a hand cast. "This was from spiking the ball. Didn't know it was twisted until I got home and couldn't pick up a water bottle without excruciating pain to follow." My mom slapped a hand over her mouth.

"Okay! Nova and I have some catching up to do so if you don't mind, we're going to go to dad's office which was supposed to be my room for whenever I wanted to come home..." She rolled her eyes at me while Nova giggled. "Come, Nova. I'll help you up the stairs."

She allowed me to assist her up a few steps despite telling me she wasn't handicapped yet looked like it. "I thought you would have had something serious to say by now. So far it's been nothing but a joke." I turned around to face her as she took a seat on my dad's office couch. "I have somewhere to be. I just didn't want to say it in front of your mom because she seemed so happy to have guest."

"She's glad to have anyone but Teshia walking in next to me." I rolled my eyes and plopped right next to her on the couch. "I don't really have anything to say. I just... wanted to catch up." She looked at me as I looked at her and I knew I wasn't staring at the same girl. So much can happen in 2 years. Take my life for example.

"I'm fine. I really am." Her smile was forced and it was easy to tell. "We haven't spoken in forever but I feel like I can tell you this in confidence." That sentence made me sit up so I wouldn't be rudely slumped in my seat. "I forgave Edith when I found out we were roommates. At least I've been pretending to forgive her to keep the peace but she's really been acting weird lately. She's terrible but a month ago is when it started getting really bad."

"What happen a month ago?" I said trying not to sound too desperate for information.

Nova just shrugged and fell back into her seat. "I don't know and she won't tell me. We were practicing this morning and she tripped me on the court. Purposely. I saw her do it." I gasped. "Tell me about it. I reported her to couch and she said she'd have the review of the cameras by tomorrow. I'm going to have to cut her off again." I nodded seriously. "I've been needing someone to talk to about this. I have no friends and the friends I do have is all who Edith introduced me to and they're just like her. It's like high school all over again and I can't escape it."

I looked at her look of defeat then to the watch on my wrist. This idea came easier than anything I have ever thought of. "Edith obviously misses the high school high of the popularity she endured." I smirked. "You just have to show her that this isn't high school anymore."

"How?!" She said in excitement. "If there is one thing I know about you is your ability to make very likable decisions."

That only reminded me that I became extremely unlikable after I chose to never return back to college. That also told me that maybe I should give her ideas on how to check a mean girl when I went years of my life letting Harvey push his thumb over my head. "Nova..." Her eyes were wide and attentive. I fucked up. "Where is Edith right now?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.9K 3.1K 25
"I bet you do this to all your potential girlfriends." "Just the ones I actually like." - Nova befriends Kit Richardson who denies that he even likes...
7.4K 149 37
𝗔𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝗦𝘂𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘀 ↬ she's your basic, molded into the background, type girl. She does everything she can to stay unseen. The only people she...
796 101 48
NOTE;;((previously called Never Thought That This Would Happen)) Two young best friends have left their parents nests and are now out in the world by...
37.1K 2.7K 38
[BXB / unedited ] Saying that Max Oran is a disaster would be an understatement: he got himself kicked out of school, his dad has sent him to live wi...