His Dove

By WYLD_ROSE

Book 5 of the Jackson Series! Marcella is struggling to break free from all she has ever known. Brought up in... More

AN: IMPORTANT!
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31

5

3.3K 181 30
By WYLD_ROSE

Chapter Five - Shellshocked

His eyes darken seductively as they gaze over my body on the bed. He hovers above me with knees planted on either side of me like a prey about to devour his meal. Anticipation courses through me and a shiver dances up my spine as I feel his hands roaming over me, taking their time to tease me while my soft moans spill out. My skin heats and tingles with sweet pleasure from his kisses and his warm breath fanning onto the sensitive shell of my ear makes my back arch slightly.

I bite my lip hard at the feel of his body pressed against mine and his lips form a smile against my skin when I jolt after his teeth scrape against it. His voice is deliciously deep and husky as he murmurs dirty words in my ear that only serve to turn me on further. My heart races a mile a minute, desire courses hot and heavy in my veins, and my pants echo in the otherwise quiet room as his hand slithers down to my center. I'm practically dripping for him and he knows it, a chuckle escaping him when he slides his fingers inside –

I jump out of my skin as my phone vibrates loudly and harshly tugs me back to reality.

I blink, almost dazedly, as I sit at the table in the hotel room I'm in. I glance at the text to see that Cameron has messaged me telling me to stop daydreaming and I fight back the blush creeping onto my cheeks. My hands wring together absentmindedly as I listen to my father's voice filtering from the headphones I'm wearing but my gaze remains fixated on the streets of London city outside the window. I ache for a better life where I have the freedom to wander to my heart's content.

Instead, I'm stuck here.

"Good call on disposing of the stripper too. It'll buy us some time." I tune back in to hear my father say. "I have your next assignment ready."

That makes me frown in confusion. "I thought I was done here?"

"You're done when I tell you Marcella." He scolds gruffly as the anger builds in his eyes. "Or do you need a reminder of who you work for?"

"No sir." I reply firmly yet all I want to do is scream profanities at him.

I smile weakly at Cameron who's sitting right next to my father looking as tense as ever. I can tell by his face that he was blindsided by this and that he's pissed. I shake my head warningly when our father looks down before masking my expression to one of indifference when he looks at me again.

"I've sent you a picture." He states and I look down at my phone when it comes through.

My eyes widen and I stifle my gasp when it's the man from last night. It's a picture of him outside a building as he smiles at the crowd before him. My cheeks feel like they're on fire as I remember my lapse of willpower last night. His touch drove me insane and I haven't been able to stop thinking about him.

"Is he in London? Or will I be travelling?" I ask after clearing my throat.

"He's in London. I want him disposed of but be quiet about it. He's the CEO of a huge tech company. He's well known around the world and is in the media a lot so we cannot, under any circumstances, afford to make mistakes. Is that clear?" He asks and I nod in response while struggling to not roll my eyes. "I've sent you the location of a charity ball he'll be attending tonight. His name is Judah Jackson."

Fuck me! Even his name sounds sinful, I think to myself as I look at his picture again. I remember us rushing down the hallway last night before we were split up in the crowd. His touch and scent seem to have burned themselves into my skin because I can't shake him out of my system.

My father's been suffocatingly strict when it comes to relationships causing me to secretly have meaningless flings because I know no sane man would ever fight for me against him. Judah Jackson is the first man to make me want something a lot more meaningful than casual sex. But then again, that's just my hormones talking.

"After you've disposed of Jackson there will be a jet waiting for you at Heathrow. It'll take you to Russia where you need to kill Sergei Orlov." My father continues and I thank my lucky starts that he didn't notice that I was distracted.

I stiffen at the name before looking at the screen to see Cameron looking at him as if he's grown two heads. "That's the Russian mafia's third in command."

"Correct." He hums before sensing our hesitance. He narrows his eyes at us and I clench my jaw tightly knowing what's to come. "Is there a problem?"

"You're going to get her killed!" Cameron utters quietly with barely contained rage.

My father shrugs indifferently. "If you're not strong and skilled enough to avoid death then you have no place under my reign. Besides Marcella is not my heir...you are. She can easily be replaced."

And the number one prize for best dad goes to none other than Carlos Quintana.

I subtly shake my head at my brother to not react. His fists clench and I notice the whitening of his knuckles as he schools his features. Our dad looks at him with a small smirk knowing how much his dismissal of me gets to Cameron. I sit still yet freak out internally as I watch them both, wishing I could be beside my brother to reassure him that it's fine when it's not.

"Are you going to carry on with the briefing or stare at me all day?" Cameron utters dangerously as he narrows his eyes at dad.

I put myself on mute and groan. "Fucking hell! Shut up Cam!"

"Someone's not in the mood."

"Don't start caring about my feelings now daddy dearest. People might think you actually have a heart." My brother replies with so much sarcasm that it has me on the edge of my seat.

My dad's jaw clenches as he turns back to face me with a grunt. I mentally scoff at how he didn't say anything to my brother about respecting him yet beats the life out of me when I talk back. Then again, I don't want Cameron to be hurt so I bite my tongue like usual. I unmute and listen to the rest of the briefing involving the team who'll be on the site with me, exit routes and much more. I nod along until my dad wraps up the call after telling me someone will drop by with everything I'll need for tonight.

"Be safe Marcie." Cameron smiles weakly and waves.

"I will Cam. I'll talk to you after." I grin and wave before hanging up.

My smile drops and I let out a heavy sigh when my gaze lands on Judah's picture again. And then I drop my head onto the table before me with a loud groan. "Why him?!"

I turn when someone knocks on the door before a guard walks in with a garment bag. Nodding towards the table I watch as he lays it down with another shopping bag before leaving. I step towards it with a sigh and unzip it to reveal my outfit for tonight.

"Lovely." I mutter with a frown when I realize I won't be wearing a bra tonight.

With only an hour to go I get changed into the iridescent navy gown. It has a cowl neck which reveals a hint of my cleavage. I tie up the back before adjusting the slit to expose more of my leg so that I can strap my holster near my hip with my gun and dagger resting safely inside. I leave my hair in its usual pin straight state before working on my makeup. Like always I go for a smoky yet seductive look before putting on the jewelry that came with it.

"Two minutes Marcella." Leo, one of my father's men, pops in to tell me.

"I'll be right there, thanks Leo!" I shout before putting on my heels and the long black gloves. I don't particularly like them with the dress but they won't leave a trace of my fingerprints anywhere.

Spritzing on some perfume I double check my weapons before slipping a smaller knife right underneath the ruched material where I've adjusted the slit in the skirt. The material is tight and sticks to me like a second skin so I know it won't slip.

With a deep breath I steel my nerves before walking out of the hotel room. Leo and Marcus match my stride as I make my way out of the building to get into the car waiting for me. I spend much of the journey staring aimlessly out of the window wishing I could be roaming the streets of London city instead of preparing to kill someone tonight.

"Ready?"

I'm snapped out of my inner turmoil when Marcus' soft voice captures my attention. He smiles gently as he looks at me, almost understandingly. Leo pauses from getting out of the car to look back at me for confirmation. I take in a deep breath before pushing my emotions back as if putting on a mask. With a nod I wait for Leo to round the car before he helps me out. We test our earpieces one last time before they disappear to their locations.

I make my way up the steps and inside the house. The ball is in full swing with people mingling and drinking. Only the affluent are in attendance and the room reflects that. Men and women are dressed to the nines with expensive, luxurious jewelry and accessories. Some hands hold delicate flutes of champagne while others hold onto their dance partners on the lit-up floor.

It doesn't take me long to find Judah though and I hesitate before telling the guys that I have eyes on him. The dark navy suit is clinging to his muscles deliciously and they strain even further when he slips his hands in his pockets. He flashes his charming smile at the older woman talking to him before throwing his head back as he laughs. Women are drooling over him and trying to catch even mere seconds of his attention while men are sizing him up enviously knowing how powerful he is in the tech industry.

He looks like poison hiding behind a pretty face, seducing you to give in before he drags you to hell for sinning. And sin I would...if I wasn't ordered to kill him. It's either him or you Marcella, I think to myself as I slink into the crowd with a fake smile.

I've never regretted a moment more than the time I didn't let him take me that night with the sirens drowning out the sounds of my pleasure.

As soon as I look at him again his eyes meet mine and he winks. There's no flash of surprise or recognition in them meaning he saw me walk in. My eyes widen when he waves with a cheeky smile on his lips and almost everyone around him turns to look at me. I hear Leo's and Marcus' sharp gasps in my earpiece and I know I'm doomed.

"Fuck."

Update schedule is: once a week whenever I find time!

Vote if you are enjoying this story!

Chapter 6 is already up on Inkitt! Click the link in my bio or announcement post to read my book faster!

1. Download the app

2. Follow my profile

3. Put my book in your reading list!

- R.W. ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

627K 14.7K 30
Valentina Devlin, known to be difficult and an insanely hard-to-get. From day one, she's only had two things on her mind. Getting recognition from he...
118K 2.8K 29
"Do you love her?" He seethes, looking for any answer. The question didn't matter to him but it sure as hell mattered to us. One simple question. On...
206K 4.9K 48
{book four of the Gang love series} *"Oh shit hi." "I'm gonna apologize now but i've been wanting to do this all night." he backed me against the wal...
642K 18.5K 46
When Ivy Lancaster, a young and successful publisher, saves a family farm in an old rundown town, her life is flipped on its axis. Her charity puts h...