Kin And The Killer

By Ja2Anjelica

Creatures Of The Night.... .... Vreemde-Kin is left with no choice when a series of vampire attacks are happe... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven ⭐
Chapter Eight ⭐
Chapter Nine ⭐
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven ✅
Chapter Twelve ✅
Chapter Thirteen ⭐ 💚
Chapter Fourteen ⭐💚
Chapter Fifteen ⭐💚
Chapter Sixteen ✅
Chapter Seventeen ✅
Chapter Eighteen *
Chapter Nineteen ⭐ 💚
Chapter Twenty *
Chapter Twenty-one *
Chapter Twenty-two ⭐ 💚
Chapter Twenty-three *
Chapter Twenty-four ⭐💚
Chapter Twenty-five ⭐💚
Chapter Twenty-six ⭐ 💚
Chapter Twenty-seven *
Chapter Twenty-eight ⭐💚
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty ⭐💚
Chapter Thirty-one ⭐💚
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five 💋
Chapter Thirty-six *
Chapter Thirty-seven ⭐💚
Chapter Thirty-eight ⭐
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight**
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-one
Chapter Sixty-three

Chapter Three

6 1 0
By Ja2Anjelica

Narrated by KIN

I spent that afternoon with Paul and Saskia before I headed home to my once again, 'disappointed', family. That was also the day that I believed Caitlyn.

"You head to your room, young lady!" Mother commanded and I did.

The feel of ice-cold stares on me wanted me to run off and cry but wouldn't that satisfy them? I heard as mom and dad followed me. The door slammed shut behind me. I was yet again in trouble.

"Kin," my mother started. Her voice wasn't as harsh this time. She sounded like a concerned mother. "No my child. Not at school,"

"What are you talking about?"

"No," my dad spoke, "we're not going through this with you again. You know what you did. You killed a student and left her body in the fire at school today,"

A tiny gasp escaped my mouth. I couldn't believe my ears it caused me to frown when I made eye contact with my dad and with my hands on my hips. "And you... You suspect me? Still?"

"Kin you must understand how this looks. You're..."

I raised my hand as I interrupted my mother's sentence, "...No! I don't wanna hear it. This makes me sick, you all turning your backs on me. Discussing my fut..."

"Kin," my dad says.

"No! Let me finish. Discussing my future without me like I'm some character in a game. This is my life," I stopped yelling and looked at both my parents and snickered. "This is my life," I couldn't stop the tears from pouring down my cheeks, "and you're all just trying to ruin my life,"

Dad looked at mom, "honey it's not like that,"

I raised my arms in the air and wiped my tears. "If it's not like that then what is it like? You're out there deciding my future. I wanna go to Stanford university one day, I want a child, I wanna fall in love and you all decided that no," I folded my arms and tilted my head to the side and looked over at them.

"No, Vreemde-Kin won't have any of that. Well, guess what, loving parents... I'll prove you wrong, and not just with the whole vampire killer thing but at everything. I'll show you, all of you what will become of me. You think I can't take care of myself, and that's the real reason why you want me back behind these four walls," I said what I had to. I feel betrayed.

My parents just stood there in my room and watched me but I didn't feel like looking at them. "Just... please get out of my room, I need space,"

My mom nodded her head and took my father's hand and led him out. I walked up to my bedroom window and sat on the windowsill just looking at Crystal Moon, the night breeze was cool. It soothed me instantly. I have no idea who could be so brutal. Who could kill someone and throw their body in that fire? Are they the same ones who started the fire? The school did send a message, we are to attend school tomorrow. No excuses. I bet some students hated that. But I couldn't afford to hate school, I can talk tough but I am scared that they pull me from school. Pull me from my life, so to speak. Leaving me without a normal experience.

The tension in the was still thick the following morning, I looked at my coven and had to digest their sour faces like it doesn't hurt. I walked up to the deep fridge and removed a bottle of blood labelled, Kin.

Mine is mixed, it's animal blood that's why. One bad thing about being a cranter is that once we had a taste of human DNA, we are programmed with the desire finish off the whole bloodline. Mother and father walked into the kitchen, we all just heard as the other vampires whispered nasty things about me. Mother ignored them as she started preparing to make breakfast for Lainey and I. Father always helps.

We didn't exchange any words. Lexi walked into the kitchen with a bright smile on her face, "morning family," she proclaimed and noticed that we weren't exactly in a cheerful mood. "Lighten up, guys. This is a phase that will blow over,"

I sulked and took a seat by the kitchen table, "you say that, Lexi because you're not in my position. All these vampires treating me cold, but we are family. It hurts,"

Lexi pouted her lower lip as her sympathetic eyes checked me out. Then in a flash I was wrapped in her arms, she planted a kiss on my head. "Baby," she said and I looked at her. I've always loved, Lexi, she's always approached me like I'm her daughter. "Well... I have good news then," she smirked and nodded her head.

"What?" My father asked. This isn't even his conversation.

Lexi turned around to look at my father, "I... Wanted to surprise you for your fifteenth anniversary by having you move into your own home,"

My mother raised an eyebrow and chortled. She used the egg lifter to remove the eggs from the pan and threw more eggs into the pan, with more bacon on the side. "What are you talking about? As in you already bought the place?"

Lexi nodded her head. "It's not furnished yet, I wanted us to move in after the anniversary but... For Kin's mental state, we should move in tomorrow,"

Dad shook his head, "no. That's too soon,"

"Kin is suffering! Liam,"

Father looked at me, I gulped down the last drop of the blood and wiped my mouth. Our eyes met, dad sighed. "Okay. Does that mean you and Claire will look at furniture today?"

My mother giggled, "I've never lived on my own before... I don't know about this,"

Dad walked up to her and kissed her on the cheek, "we'll figure it out as we go by. I've never been on my own either, but I mean... At least we're together? We can mess up as a couple,"

Mother giggled again as she looked into dad's bright red eyes. "Well, I guess we're moving out then?" Then she turned to me, "Kin. I'm going to need you to stop by the house, and check out your room. That way you can form a picture of how you want it to look like. I'm talking paint and deco, then you go ahead and buy it so long. You're painting that room on your own,"

"Liam, you have to get boxes for our move. Lexi and I will figure out what we want our place to look like,"

Lexi clapped her hands. "Yay! I'm so excited. We can do this after breakfast. Kin, you can stay out of school today. So that we can move out of her by tomorrow,"

"Excuse me?" My father asked sternly.

"She needs to start packing, and go buy decorations. It's not going to be enough time,"

My parents looked at each other. My mother caved first, "fine. But just for today, I don't want you getting used to staying off."

I grinned, "of course, mother."

I finished my breakfast and went up to the room I share with other vampires. I cannot believe that soon I'll have my own space. That's incredible. I picked up my phone and face-timed Beverley, she instantly picked up. "What's up, Four-fang?"

I chuckled. "Is Caitlyn with you?" She glared to the side and nodded her head. "Can I see her?" She nodded her head again and handed Cait the phone.

"Hey, Kin," she didn't seem to excited about seeing me.

"Hi," then there was a short lived silence. "I'm sorry. I believe you,"

She gave me a weak smile, "thanks,"

"You don't have to believe me. It's okay, like you said... I'm wanted, so you're going to have to learn to trust me," I sneered, "do you know what that means?"

She shook her head.

"It means the real vampire is out there, we should find them. Together?"

She gleamed, "I'd love that,"

Beverley forced her face back into the view and chuckled. "Does that mean y'alls made up now?" She flipped the phone landscape to fit in both faces.

We both nodded our heads. "Great! Two beautiful young women shouldn't be beefing,"

"I literally called for something else,"

The two looked at each other, "okay," they said together, "lay it on us?"

I couldn't contain my excitement anymore, instantly started giggling again. "My family is moving. Like I can move out tomorrow. I need help buying things for my room, but I don't know other people who would skip school with me,"

Beverley shrieked, "Ah! Four-fang is giving us a reason to skip school. Say no more. Let's meet up!"

"Let's!"

About an hour later and I was standing in my room with my friends. Life seemed to be going smoothly if we minus that other thing.

Caitlyn scoffed, "my god, this is a big room,"

Beverley snickered, "what? My room is bigger. This room is just fine,"

"Whether big or small," I said, "I love it because it's mine. My bed will be right there,"

Cait chuckled, "yes, you can have your dresser right here?"

"Yes, that's adorable," Bev said. "And maybe a couch or something, right in that corner. That's for us, your friends,"

Cait nodded her head, "yep. Or when you're too lazy to throw your clothes into a basket,"

Bev chuckled. "Or... Or, for when your clothes are too clean for the basket, but not clean enough for your closet,"

I chuckled. They are such a delight. I looked around again, the en-suite bathroom is large and so is the walk-in closet.

"Maybe grey walls? Dark furniture?" Caitlyn suggested, "that's the vibe I get from you,"

I gleamed, "yes. I'd love that, black curtains?"

Beverley's eyes grew, "oh my God. That will be frickin awesome," she snapped her fingers and walked up to the wall, "you can have your black dresser here. On top if it you can have skulls and a few books? Candles?"

Caitlyn walked up to her friend, "yes. Place a painting above that. You have your space, oh my God. Your room is going to look amazing. I know this place that has the best furniture, let's go place the orders?"

"Yep," I replied. "That's what we're supposed to do. So grey walls you said?"

The two nodded their heads together and placed their hands on their chests, "yes. You'll love it," they said in one voice.

"Help me paint?"

They looked at each other then back at me before bursting into laughter, "your room will look a mess," Caitlyn said.

"Yeah. We can't paint,"

I sighed. "Mother wants me to do it, it's okay. I'll ask someone else. But for now, let's go buy the furniture?"

We got an Uber and it took us to our destination. A large store, it looked like a factory. But when we arrived the owner was about to close. "Excuse me?" Caitlyn said. "What's this?"

"We're closing," he replied and gave her an irritated smile, "permanently,"

We were shook. "What?" Beverley sneered, "you're doing so well?"

Caitlyn shook her head. "Well, we won't be long?"

He looked at her.

"Jesus!" Bev said and rolled her eyes, she passed the man by going underneath the half opened garage type door, "she said we won't be long. Besides, it's an emergency. My new pal is finally moving into her own room,"

"Get out of there!"

Beverley didn't listen, she proceeded to walk deeper into the store, "nice! Guys, they still have their furniture. Come on!"

Caitlyn and I shrugged and went in as well. The owner grunted and closed the door behind us. The lights were still on inside of the store, in fact everything was like normal. There were still costumers inside, still browsing through their collection.

"This is weird... Isn't it?" I whispered. But it's as if Beverley didn't see anything strange, she was already picking out a few of the things she likes. Pushing a trolley with her. "If they were closing up, why are there still customers?"

Caitlyn shrugged, "I don't know. Ooh, look at that!" She said and marched up to a display wall. On it hung various types of wall decorations. She stood before a large dark wooden crucifix. On it was Jesus, he had a key shaped hole on his chest, with a lock chain over the cross. "This will look lovely on your wall,"

An employee walked up to us. She wore a captivating necklace, it was a silver heart shaped necklace with a lock. "Unfortunately, that's not for sale,"

"Then why's it amongst the things that are?" Caitlyn wanted to know.

The employee folded her arms, "do see a price tag on it?"

"Why is there a chain on the cross?" I asked.

"Because, Jesus is the key. Isn't he?"

"Guys!" Beverley called out, she sat inside of the trolley. We excused ourselves and walked up to her.

"Yes?"

"Look at these. Since we're going for a dark theme, don't you think these bats would be great for decor?"

We looked on the shelf. It was paper bat strings in various colours. I took out a pack in black. Black and grey make a cute item. "Can y'all believe that the store doesn't even look like it was about to close?" Bev asked us, "Like why are all these people in here? Are they trying to kidnap all these people?"

She laughed at her own joke and looked at, Caitlyn. "Come now, Cait," she said, "start pushing me!"

Caitlyn grinned and started pushing the trolley down the aisle.

We bumped into another employee, he wore the same necklace. "Do you three need any help?"

"No," we said together. "We'll manage." Caitlyn assured.

Then suddenly a loud crash was heard. All the employees went down on their knees. From the roof came a figure floating down. A large octopus man person.

"My children! I have come to take you with me. Finally the time has come."

"All hail, Master RiseapAd!"

Beverley giggled, "what is going on here?"

Caitlyn looked at her friend in the trolley, "Get out of there. We should be getting out of here."

"But if we leave now," Beverly said, "we'll miss the act,"

I looked at, Bev as well. "Bevie, that isn't special effects or whatever. It is real and we should be leaving before we get involved with whatever it is that's going on."

She could tell that I was being serious. She nodded her head. "Yeah... Of course, let's go."

She started climbing out and together we made it to the exit. She lifted up the door and everyone heard. Including Master RiseapAd.

"Ah... We have guest!" He exclaimed

"We should've just listened when the owner tried to tell us the store is closed." Whispered Caitlyn.

Three employees shoved us to the center of the room where the other customers were already bounded. They seemed so scared. We should help them, but first we need to know what's happening.

They slapped cuffs on our wrists as well and threw us on the ground.

"Prepare the ship!" Master RiseapAd ordered. The store owner nodded his head and ran to the back. "Today, humans, is your lucky day. I'm taking you to my planet."

"Aliens?" Caitlyn whispered, "I've never dealt with one,"

"Relax," I assured, "how hard can it be for vampires?"

"Pssst," Beverley inserted herself, "what are you two talking about? What vampires? And what's happening here?"

"Silence!" Master RiseapAd comandanded.

The owner returned, and bowed low. "It is starting sir."

Sir laughed and went into the back door. All the employees followed him, giving Caitlyn and I the chance to break our shackles and Beverley's as well.

Caitlyn looked at Beverley and whispered, "give Kin and I a second to talk? Okay?"

She replied with a thumbs up. Caitlyn pulled me aside. "What about all these other people? Should we send them home?"

"I don't think there's enough time. We would have to compel them to forget, we'll get caught in the process,"

She nodded her head.

"Besides," I said, "I don't think the employees are aliens. I think they wear those necklaces because he has bounded them or something,"

A big bright blue light disrupted our conversation. Beverley stood by the door and watched what was happening on other side. Caitlyn and I ran up to her in the speed of lightening. All the employees fainted and so did she.

"Beverley!" Caitlyn expressed. She held her friend's head up, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Please wake up!"

I held Beverley's hand and gave it a squeeze. "Beverley, you cannot be affected by this. You're not an employee,"

She didn't stir for a few seconds, she opened her eyes and looked at me. "You're right. I'm fine. Sorry, my bad,"

Caitlyn helped her up. "What was that light?"

"Maybe it's the means he's using to hypnotize them?" Beverley asked.

My eyes lit up. "You're right. If we destroy the necklaces on their necks, it will set them free. He's feeding the locks they're wearing,"

Caitlyn nodded her head, "okay. What's the plan? Take the things off one person at a time? I don't think, Master RiseapAd, is going to stand and watch us ruin his plans,"

Beverley bit her lower lip. We hit a brick wall.

"Wait..." Caitlyn said loudly.

"...sshh!" Bev and I chimmed in.

"Sorry," she apologized. "Kin, Jesus is the key. I think we remove him and destroy that instead?"

We looked at each other, she picked up Beverley and we ran to the crucifix. She removed the Jesus part, and the necklace. Then she crushed it with her hands. Causing Beverley to stammer.

"W-w-what... Y-y-you r-ran... You... You ran s-s-so fast,"

I placed my hand on her shoulder. "Beverley, calm down for now. We will deal with this later on."

"NO! NO!" We heard Master RiseapAd call out.

Caitlyn looked at me, "let's kill him,"

I shook my head. "No... No we can't,"

"Kin, we must. How else will we completely free everyone? Besides, you know he's not going to stop,"

I shook my head. "I can't,"

"We're running out of time. You compel the humans to forget, I'll kill him."

"I-I'll help," Beverley said.

Caitlyn grinned, "you can't. I have to do this on my own,"

She nodded her head and Caitlyn ran off. I ran to the humans and individually compelled them. Told them to go home and forget about this place and everything they've seen.

When I finished, Caitlyn joined us. She was covered in blue goo. "I need a shower,"

"Thank you so much."

"Don't mention it."

The owner came out with his employees. "Thank you young ladies so much. We have no idea how to thank you, he traumatized us. For months, now we'll finally have a good nights rest,"

"We still have to wipe your memories. You can not live through this," Caitlyn said.

"Of course. We would love that. Please, as a thank you, take everything you came for. But it's on me,"

"Can I get the crucifix?"

He nodded his head. "It's yours."

We listened to him and took the things. Caitlyn went home and showered, leaving me to wipe Beverley's mind at home. We had one hell of a day, and she will never know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...