a teachers devotion

By pnkintrlude

"often times i wonder if the risk is worth it.. but as soon as i look into those eyes all of my worries go aw... More

new beginnings
mixed signals
sincere
agreement
value life
death of me
do we have a problem?
scars
unwanted emotions
yes, we have a problem.
accountability
speechless
crazy
weirdo's reunite
watch me
reality has to be a dream.
we've gotta find peace of mind.
failure, is in fact fatal.
epilogue

no room for excuses

2.5K 144 176
By pnkintrlude

Onika T. Maraj
Times Square, Manhattan, New York

"You bet not fall asleep in Ms.Knowles class, she look like she'll beat your ass without hesitation" Lo said as we walked in the school on time today.

"Lo don't even go there, I'm already half awake from staying up with Ming all night so mama could be okay for work."

"Why didn't you just stay home? You ain't gon' do nun but go to sleep" she pointed out and I knew she was right. I'll just have to deal with the consequences.

Push come to shove I'll just leave after first period. Seeing Ms.K upset gave me a thrill and it gave me something to think about the rest of the day.

I waved bye to Lauren before opening the door to Ms.Knowles classroom.

"Good morning maraj" a deep southern voice rang out.

"Good morning Ms.K" I responded without giving her a chance to read my facial expression as i traveled to my seat.

I sat and took in her tall figure, the pantsuit she had on really complemented her skin tone. Her hair was pulled back in a low ponytail allowing me to really take in her facial features more than I did yesterday with her hair down.

"Okay class, for the next couple of weeks we'll be working on a group project and no you cannot pick your own groups. I've grown to learn most of you are very immature." She stated, looking towards the back where daquan and lance sat.

"It's okay bae, I'm a grown man in more ways than one" Lance said with Daquan's snickering to follow.

"Y'all lame as fuck foh" I muttered rolling my eyes.

"Very." Ms.K agreed before traveling to the back of the classroom.

"Since y'all wanna make sick jokes and shit, how bout' y'all go down to the principles office and let me know what she says" she said smartly.

"I'll fuck the attitude right outta her" I thought to myself watching her close the door after they shuffled out.

"Okay like i was saying before we decided to act like a bunch of third graders... we'll be working on a project that's often called elevator pitch"

"This project focuses on commercial communication and will require a lot of research which is why there will be groups of five." She instructed, handing out the syllabus for the project and the names of the people in our groups.

"Normani , Jhené , Robyn & Zendaya." The names read at the top of the paper.

I looked over and the light skin girl from the other day was waving at me, smiling to myself I went over to the group.

"Hey pretty, I'm normani but my friends call me mani." One girl said, introducing herself and everyone else followed suit.

Except Robyn..

"I'm onika but you all can call me nika. Im about to write my number down and y'all make a group chat. I won't be any good considering I barely slept last night so imma just call the group chat tonight. That's cool with y'all?" I asked everyone. The lack of sleep was fuckin' with my head.

"Yeah that's fine, go to sleep boo. We got you" zendaya replied and i nodded laying my head down on the desk.

Beyoncé G. Knowles
Times Square, Manhattan, New York

I scrolled through my work emails, feeling my phone ding in my lap.

Solo🤎: bitch why you send these badass bastards to my office?

bb🐝: girl did they tell you what they said to me? lmao

Solo🤎: yeah, I sent them home and tomorrow they'll have your files drawer organized cause I know it's already fucked up.

bb🐝: leave me and my file drawer alone lmao! But let me go I just know this girl isn't catching up on sleep in my class...

Sighing to myself, I stood up and went over to Onika. I myself knew that she'd be a hard one to crack down on and I knew it'd probably take more time away from class to figure her out.

She was my only 19 year old in the class, everyone else sat at either 17 or 18.

When Onika first walked in the classroom yesterday she was definitely jaw dropping and she knew that she was by the way she walked.

But sometimes being attractive wasn't enough because by the time she said her first word to me I knew she had an attitude problem.

She just needed someone to fix that shit for her.

"Onika" my voice rang out as I tapped her on her arm. The girls around her gave me a warning look but I ignored them, still tapping on her soft arm.

"If you tap me again I know something, get your hands off me" onika rasped out making my core throb.

"Ms. Maraj make sure to come by my classroom after school. I have a few words for you" I instructed, she didn't respond but I knew she heard me well enough.

Onika T. Maraj
Times Square, Manhattan, New York
Lunch

"Nika baby, I'd watch out for that Robyn girl. She acting funny. Just watch your back around her is all I'm saying" Lo said as we walked back into the school from chic fil a.

"So i wasn't trippin'.. We too damn grown to be having secret animosity man it's the second day of school" I replied opening the door to the cafeteria, almost immediately being waved over by zen.

"The rest of them are cool, it's just Robyn. Imma add you to this group chat they made." I told her before we got to the table.

                                  ꨄ

"fuck" I mumbled to myself as I literally drug myself to Knowles class.

"Nice of you to join me Maraj" Ms.Knowles said with a smile on her face. But I was reminded of how she woke me up out of my sleep.

"Cant say the same, what'd you wanna see me about Ms.Knowles?" I asked sitting down in the desk in front of her.

"You can call me bey when it's just us two" she started and I rolled my eyes.

"We aren't friends, but continue" I replied before she could fix her mouth to continue talking.

Chuckling to herself she walked closer to me until she was directly in front of me she leaned down with both hands placed on either side of the desk.

"Look I don't know who has allowed you to talk to them like they're some hoe off the street but when you're talking to me you will have some decorum. Now we started off on a bad foot and Im giving you a chance to give yourself a clean slate before I take things into my own hands. Now do we have some type of understanding here?" She asked, Her accent very present which only would cause me to have to change underwear as soon as I got home.

"Yes, Beyoncé I understand." I replied watching a smirk grow on her face.

"I know you only act like this to get a rise out of me. Why is that Onika?" She asked walking around, making me nervous.

"I- I don't know" I told her. I knew I wouldn't ever be able to tell her that it turned me on. That'd be unprofessional.

"You know why, you don't have to tell me right now though. Come on I'll walk you out." She said and I stood up. Following behind her out the school.

She stood off to the side watching me start up the car.

But the car wouldn't start.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me" I raised my voice hitting the steering wheel.

"Language Maraj, what's wrong?" She asked walking up to the passenger side leaning her head in.

"Knowles I'm grown as fuck. My car won't stop but its fine. I'll have my dad handle it." I quickly told her.

"Yeah we'll see who's grown as fuck soon. If he's gonna send a team out here there's no telling how long that'll take. Wait out here for a minute while I run in and grab my things." She said and before I could argue any further she went inside.

I called my dad to let him know happened while I waited for Bey to come back outside.

Five minutes later she walked back up to car with her backpack in tow.

"Come on lil girl" she said tapping the hood of my car.

"Don't little girl me, you're 3 years older than me let's not get all crazy" i told her following her to her car.

Plopping in the passengers seat, I waited for her to start up the car.

"Seatbelt" she said before we could even pull out the parking lot. Rolling my eyes, i buckled in the seatbelt.

"You should stop rolling your eyes, i hope they get stuck back there" she smarted which only made me roll my eyes twice as harder.

"You're supposed to be a teacher. You should know that's not physically possible genius." I told her looking over at her.

"Give me your address and turn on some music. I hate riding without it" she told me and I nodded.

We settled on listening to Toni Braxton for the 20 mins to my house... She pulled into my driveway and unlocked the door before unbuckling her seatbelt.

"Thank you for driving me home, you didn't have to do that" I told her, placing my backpack on my shoulder.

"It's nothing, it's actually funny. I only live five minutes away from here. Walking distance" she said and I felt my mouth grow dry.

"Oh okay" I replied before turning to walk to the door just to hear footsteps behind me.

"What're you doing?" I asked her as she stood behind me.

"Telling your mom i wasn't trying to kidnap you" she said before ringing the doorbell.

"My mom isn't here, she's working day shifts at the hospital. Which is why I was asleep in your class. I had to stay up with my little sister all night so ma could sleep." I told her, watching her face soften.

"Why didn't you just tell me that?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I didn't think you wanted to hear my excuses" I told her before grabbing my key out of my pocket.

"I do when it has something to do with your well-being. I'll see you next week onika. Take care" she said before leaning down, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"See you later, Beyoncé" I told her before stepping into the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 401 15
"๐“๐ก๐ž ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฆ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐ˆ๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ซ-๐œ๐จ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ก ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐...
4.5K 322 10
Everything isn't always what it seems... ยฉ2023 by fiftyshadesofbey
244K 4.7K 37
Imagines / Oneshots Beyoncรฉ Rihanna Nicki Minaj + More Y/N (Gip) Male Y/N