When the storm comes

By Bad4Lov

Last updated on (September 6, 2022). Find out what happens when one of the most famous gospel singers of the... More

Author's Note (Introduction)
Discernment
Get thee behind me Satan
A Knowing Spirit
The Sisters know
Kill. Steal and destroy.
To love and protect
Leave it all behind
The Sessions
Quintella
Thy hath Holy Hands
Introducing Quintella
Crossing Over P1.
Crossing Over P2.
Snakes in the Church
Plant the seed
Who's at the door?
My wife
She's Back
The Surprise
She hates me.
The hard truth P1
The Hard Truth P2.
Karen and Kierra P1
Saving Karen
Karen and Kierra P2
Karen and Kierra P3
Mama K: The authority P1.
Mama K: The authority P2
Karen and Kierra P4.
Why?
Talk it out
Demon Time
The sisters
A hard pill to swallow
For the love of her
The Sessions P2.
I slipped
Threatening
Cast List
Telling the sisters P1.
Telling the sisters P2
Telling the Sisters P3
The Sisters tells All
Demon Time P2: Drew's Revenge 😈
Forgiveness in question
The Sisters P.O.V
Visions of Raptures
The Full truth
The Sisters P2
Who's Child Is This?
In the case of Faith
And the results are...
Tamela vs. Tammy
A woman scorned P1.
A Woman Scorned P2.
Big Mouth Tammy
Letting Go
Aunt Jacky's
The Birthday Girl
Detroit vs. the Sheards
The Last session
Faith's Mother
Welcome Home
Vacation Time P1.
Vacation Time P2
A mini retreat
Vacation Time P3
Demon Time: Broke Pussy
The after show
Back home
Happy Family
Blessed & Highly Favored P2.

Blessed & Highly Favored P1

508 22 45
By Bad4Lov

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes: Something happens to Karen while in church and it nearly, scares everyone half to death.

TW: Seizures, fainting.

It was a lovely, Sunday afternoon when everyone was in church. It was nearing the end of service when the Bishop was almost done giving his sermon. All was well with Karen as she had a handle on her disorder. She was still taking medication as needed and was done with drinking after the trip. She had been back now for three weeks without the mention of a baby to Drew or anyone else in the family other than her sisters and her therapist who she had to call to make sure that she could continue taking the medication that she's still on. She hadn't been back to therapy but she just needed to triple check that the medication wasn't going to harm her and Drew's baby after speaking with her doctor.

When was she going to tell Drew that she was pregnant? She didn't know and it weighed on her. But not to much too the point where it made her disorder worse. Now, don't get her wrong she was excited to be pregnant again after all these years and having Faith come back into the picture after she healed from her trauma. But she was still afraid that something was going to go wrong during her pregnancy because it always seemed like it was something every time she got pregnant. She didn't even want to think back to when she was pregnant with Faith not to mention when she was even pregnant with Kierra and J.Drew. She just wished she would have at least one easy pregnancy like her sisters had. Why was life so unfair to her? She didn't know. But she wasn't going to stress about it especially not in church while she sat next to her husband on the pulpit who was just about to give the benediction to dismiss them.

But before he did that Karen felt that something was off with her body. She didn't know what it was but she said a quick prayer to God to let it not be anything too serious. However, that wouldn't be the case. Soon her vision started to get blurry as she began to rub on her eyes to try to help them but it was no use. Then, it felt like she was having an outer-body experience. When the Bishop sat down that's when people started staring at Karen as her body started to twitch and Drew looked over to her concerned about what was going on with his wife as he started to get up. "Baby." Drew whispered to her looking over at her. His heart started to beat fast when he noticed that her body was stiffening and she wasn't hearing him as she usually would. At first, he thought she was about to have a stroke which scared him even more as he was getting up to go too his wife calling for help.

But then within a blank of an eye she started to have a seizure nearly falling out of the chair. Drew sprang into action to catch her to stop her from hitting her head on the chair. But her body still fell from the chair and onto the floor into her husband's arms. "It's alright I got you." Drew affectionately said even though he knew she probably going to be able to remember or hear this.

"Oh my goodness!" Some of the congregation members said for the ones who were still left in the sanctuary going up to help after he called for it. "Is she alright?" Another one asked as a few of the ushers and her sisters rushed up there to her. "Mommy?" Faith said as Kierra picked her up to keep from looking at their mother. "What's wrong with mama?" J.Drew asked until he realized that she was having a seizure just like how the adults realized that a few seconds ago. "Call an ambulance!" Somebody yelled and immediately one of the board members were on it. While she was seizing she had started to foam from the mouth. But Drew just held her not pushing her away like most men or people would've done. That woman was his wife and he was gonna love her through it all.

Once the ambulance got there, Drew let the paramedics do their job putting her on the stretcher as he quickly changed to go follow the ambulance to the hospital where they was taking his wife too.

It was about an hour later when everything finally calmed down and they had Karen stabilized.

"The family of Karen Clark Sheard?" The doctor said as Drew and her sisters walked up to them. "Yes." They said in unison worried about Karen. "Hi, I'm Dr.Wright, Mrs.Sheard's doctor." He said extending his hand to shake it. He already knew who these people were so, there was no introduction needed on their end. "Can you just get to it?" Dorinda said not being able to take the suspense of hearing Good news or bad news first and Dr.Wright just shook his head in understanding. "So, Karen has had a seizure." He started to say and her sisters gasped while Drew was still kind of in shock even though they already figured that was what had happened to her. "Is she okay?" Drew finally asked him. "Yes, she's fine. But she has had a Grand Mal Seizure which is the worst kind of seizure." The doctor said calmly and Jacky just turned her head. "This is already about to be some hell. Just hell back and fourth." Jacky mumbled to herself but her sisters and Drew heard her.

"It is fetal if someone has had a Grand Mal Seizure." The doctor said and her sisters and Drew gasped again while, Kierra distracted her siblings from the conversation. "But death is rare." He said. "Just one..." Dorinda whispered to herself upset for her sister thinking back to what Karen told them when she found out that she was pregnant that she just wanted to have at least one pregnancy that ran smoothly. But yet she still couldn't have that. "Can she get a break?" Jacky asked upset with it all. Jacky thought to herself how if it ain't one thing it's another and they just took this damn trip in celebration and self-love for overcoming the major trials and tribulations that they went through as a family and Twinkie just shook her head in frustration.

"How is she physically, emotionally just is she okay?" Dorinda asked since, Jacky was reeling from this news as Twinkie had to go hold, Jacky's hand. "Well, it caused her to have a sudden loss of consciousness so, she probably won't remember what happened before coming here or after being stabilized from being at the hospital." Dr.Wright said taking a pause and the sisters looked at the doctor wanting to ask him a question something that Drew didn't know about as they were worried about their niece or nephew that was growing inside of her. But they were to nervous too do it during this time unsure if Karen had told, Drew or not. So, they just let the doctor continue talking.

"Emotionally she's still a little shaken up from having her first seizure but physically she may or may not be able to move as well as before until she's fully recovered from the seizure." The doctor said. "She also has another condition I believe?" The doctor said looking back through his charts to make sure he was right before saying it. "Brought on by-" Before he could finish, Drew answered him. "IED. Intermediate Explosive disorder does this have anything to do with the fact that Karen had a seizure?" Drew asked needing to know since they hand a handle of it he just wanted to make sure that his wife was okay and if she needed medical attention for it again he was willing to put her back through the process to get it back under control because she had been doing so well and he didn't want any flare ups to arise.

Especially since there were talks of Faith staying with them more often and he didn't want her to be afraid of her mother like Kierra and J.Drew was for a while when she came back home. And he didn't want Karen to go back to being triggered like she had been every time she had seen Faith. But that was before she was able to get under control. Because even after she was finally diagnosed it was still hard on them especially after the falling out she had with Kierra nearly, ruining their mother and daughter relationship. But Kierra thankfully understood even after, Drew had to coax her into coming back home.

And the sisters just turned their heads wanting to know why, Karen didn't just tell this man? And her doctor looked at Drew in shock. "Oh, oh no, no. We know all about her disorder that didn't bring on her seizure." Dr.Wright said. "Now, what brought on her seizure was having high blood pressure and stress." The doctor said. He looked at the family as if they had more questions to ask before he went on. "We talked to her former therapist just to confirm and checked all her medication that she is currently taking for it that wasn't the cause of it." He said. "Then what was it?" Drew asked.

"Pregnancy."

The doctor said giving a bright smile at Drew and Drew's mouth dropped.

"SHE'S WHAT?!"

Drew hollered scaring his kids who were all huddled together looking at Kierra's ipod nano.

"Well. Your wife is pregnant sir." Dr.Wright said and Kierra looked up at her dad and never saw him so red in his life. She couldn't tell if he was mad or what. But then something else happened that had never really happened before except for when Kierra was born.

He fainted.

"Mr.Sheard?!" Dr.Wright asked him and the sisters surrounded him waking him back up. It was about 4 minutes later when they finally got Drew back up as Twinkie handed him a cup of water thanking her. "So..my wife is pregnant?" Drew asked him and the sisters just turned their heads like they've been caught and he knew that they knew.

"Well, can we go see her?" Drew asked still trying to gather himself and process the news.

And Dr.Wright shook his head yes leaving the kids in the back until, the sisters and Drew visited their mother.

"Karen you have visitors." The nurse said as she opened up the door after, Dr.Wright knocked on it Karen saw the look on Drew's face.

To be continued...

Notes:

What y'all think gonna happen next?

How y'all liking the news?

Poor, Drew almost got scared again thinking his wife's episodes from IED was gonna be worse again. But nah. It wasn't that it was something much more life changing.

Drew out here faintin' like he ain't know he was gonna knock, Karen up. 💀

Next chapter, we'll see what's up with Karen.

And tomorrow, I just might finish this story. 🌚

~ Y'all I was about to give y'all another chapter full of her having an episode with IED while pregnant because I was missing those chapters. But I was like let me not and just gave y'all sumthin' else especially since this story is sooo close to being done now. She don't need to be whoopin' nobody's ass she's been calm for months now. She's made progress let me not retract that when we're near the end.🥴

Thoughts or comments?

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 2.7K 20
what happens when someone targets on shehnaaz. family. what will she do to protect her family and from enemy and how eventually that enemy becomes he...
607K 24.9K 18
"𝖨𝖿 𝖨 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝖾𝗏𝖾, π—’π—ˆπ—Ž'𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 π–Ώπ—ˆπ—‹π–»π—‚π–½π–½π–Ύπ—‡ π–Ώπ—‹π—Žπ—‚π— - 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗂𝗍 π—Œπ–Ύπ–Ύπ—†π—Œ 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝖨'𝗏𝖾 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾𝗇 𝖺 𝖻𝗂𝗍𝖾." Jayd...
151 1 9
About a week after Gary was rescued, Martin woke up with a terrible headache and a lump on his head. While on the way to class, he had a bad seizure...
3.6K 167 23
Kia worked so hard to get to where she was, her final skate before the big competition, she was ready, she was prepared. She had her family, her frie...