Euphoria

By Dreamee_m

"Look at me" He caresses my chin "Look into my eyes and see the truth, don't shy away from me, face my feelin... More

Introductions
Cast
Where Do We Go When We Fall Asleep?
Alone
In a Kingdom Far Away
Lily and Lavender
My Word Is The Law
Burn
Beauty and Sin
The Scent of Roses
Tell Me
When We First Met: I
If Only She Knew
Pursuing Fate
When We First Met:II
I Had a Dream, I Almost Got Everything I Wanted
Punishment
The Beauty and the Beast
When We First Met: III
Wrath
The Gamble
You Can't Run From Fate
You Are Mine
When We First Met: IV
The Sun God
Crying Soul
Him and I
Cruel
Die For You
Bloodline
Dynasty

Fighting Destiny

2.8K 125 14
By Dreamee_m

Briar Rose

I remember yesterday, the way he held me. It was like a beautiful burn. Held me like I was a delicate flower, one that he cherished. I can imagine my life with him would be perfect. I could feel our connection. But I had a life to get back to. I couldn't abandon all that for this fantasy dreamland to become a queen. I couldn't throw my future away to become a wife at nineteen! I needed to leave. I simply could not come to terms with this reality. I needed to find the soothsayer.

I lay in my bed groggy-eyed as the sun peeks through the curtains and I see Taurus and Elouise staring at me with wide eyes.

"Oh my god, you look dead," Taurus says in concern.

Eloise cuts a glare her way and I can't help but laugh.

"Can you both give me some privacy jeez, I will get ready?"

Suddenly the door opens and I hear a squeal.

"TIANA?!" I scream.

She rushes over to me and tackles me like a linebacker hugging me tightly.

"I missed you" she sniffled. "I thought you were dead or something."

"Why are you here?" I ask in dead confusion.

She smiles at me her eyes bright.

"I was always there to look after you, you've become very dear to my heart."

I pull away in anger.

"You knew" I accuse. "You knew everything."

She looks down in guilt.

"I was loyal to him before you, but everything I did was for you. You deserve each other, only he can bring you happiness."

I flinch.

"I don't want to see you right now," I say hugging my arms.

Taurus and Eloise look away solemly.

I hear the door close softly.

"Alright we're going to have so much dressing you," Taurus says chirpily trying to cheer up the mood.

Twenty minutes later I'm in front of a mirror my skin glowing, hair in a braided crown around my head, rouge on my cheeks and lips, and a simple high-necked lace white dress that looked somewhat vintage but in a slightly modern way. On my feet were simple iridescent ballerina flats.

Taurus claps happily and Elouise bobs her head in approval.

They escort me down a flight the stairs and I again stare at the paintings.

Passed by many servants as they bow at me while scurrying off with blankets and various things in their hands.

We make it to another corridor.

This place is seriously a maze.

They leave and the door opens to see a circular courtyard with windows around it showing the outside gardens. Its bright light spilled in it as plants and flowers were planted around it.

Sitting at the table was Dorian, Tiana, a strange man I haven't met and IVY?!

I rush inside to Ivy who was sipping her tea smiling.

"Ah, you're here finally, have some scones they're delicious."

She's so cheeky.

I look over to Tiana who's laughing with the strange guy as their having a discussion.

I sit beside Dorian who is staring intently at me with a fist on the table resting on his chin as he stares at me while I have my cup filled.

I get a plate and pile croissants, eggs, cheese, and scones on my plate. I scrunch my brows and I feel my face heat in embarrassment as he doesn't shift his eyes.

I sit down with my plate and begin to eat.

"I presume you had a good sleep," he says his rich voice stating quietly.

I nod my head.

"Were the accommodations to your liking" his white jade teacup raised to his red lips.

"yes they were, your highness thank you."

I see his eyes narrow from over the top of the cup and sets it down.

"Your highness?" he whispers in my ear and I shiver looking at the others to see ivy had gotten up to look at the artwork and Tiana was too busy engrossed with the man.

"They're not paying attention love" he chuckles his mint breath cooling my ear.

"Who's going to save you now." he coos in my ear.

He snaps my head to his eyes which were inches from mine and his blue eyes swirl with life as he stares at my parted lips.

"I would much prefer you call me a pet name"

I feel my face heat. Crazy man.

"Call me darling won't you? say it." he breathed sensually.

I almost say it, entranced by his aura then come to my senses.

His fingers slide along my arm when he realizes my hesitation.

"Say it and I'll leave you alone for the rest of the day" he chuckles his pink lips quirked in a challenging smile.

"Darling" I mutter staring him in the eyes in irritation.

But my skin.

my skin comes to life in the most amazing way at his gaze.

His eyes brighten from hearing the name.

I look to Tiana. "Who is Tiana, and why does she keep talking to that man."

"He's her mate, like your mine" he shrugs simply.

Ivy walks over.

"Well, that was a great breakfast, but it's time I head back, much is to be done. Lavender, Lily, and I will visit" she reassures.

I get up hugging her and she disappears in the blink of an eye.

Tiana finally turns to me with a smile on her face.

"Go on a walk with me we have much to talk about." She says her eyes bright. I see the man peck her cheek as she gets up.

I suppose that's what I could have with Dorian if I allowed myself.

I look at the king who has an unreadable expression as he reads a book whilst drinking.

                                                                                          ∞

We leave the courtyard to walk in the magnificent garden. All kinds of exotic flowers grow with fevor. I see a few maids watering the flowers and even a short man with a large mustache with scissors shaping the hedges on a stool. They all pause to bow to me.

I honestly feel shocks from time to time, I can't believe I am marrying a vampire and a king. This feels like a dream and I often find myself drifting off wondering if I'll suddenly wake from my bed in a cold sweat.

As much as Dorian is kind and beautiful and gives me pleasureful shocks I can't live this life. I don't want to become a beast and give in to the sadistic act of drinking, the sin of devouring someone's life source.

It's weird really. The man in my head has not visited my dreams since I met Dorian.

Dorian.

Dorian is a temptation, my body aches for him when he gets close. This is not the life I want for myself and if he doesn't let me go, I'll have to seek freedom myself.

I gaze at the girl I thought I knew. She practically floats walking with an air of elation her yellow dress glowing in the sun. A bow at the back. Her black braids twirl as she spins

She has a lot to explain to me.

"You are to be queen."

I look at her blankly a scowl on my face.

She points a finger "Why would you want to go back to live a sad miserable life and dedicate your whole life marry, having kids, and dying in a miserable job."

I roll my eyes. Just unbelievable.

"So I should stay here and become his bird in a cage, stay in this palace and die in this palace, forced to become his slave. Bend to his every desire and will, have his children, and then what.?"

"Is that all I am destined to be?!"

"No, you are to help rule a kingdom, you are to save the people." She grasps my face.

"You belong here, you are not here to serve him, but to serve the people, and he will never treat you that way. I promise."

I roll my eyes. I have nothing more with her to discuss on this topic.

I turn to see a grand fountain and peer into it. No coins. I close my eyes and make a wish, kiss my hand and throw my imaginary coin in.

I will be free.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 61.1K 33
[COMPLETED] "We both agreed, Apollo! We said no feelings, no attachments! You promised you wouldn't get attached." I look down at my lap in worry and...
2K 106 27
"You need to know that you are beautiful even now, and I don't care what your background is I just care about the moments we had shared together". Sh...
45.7K 1.9K 17
[𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃] 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑. ━ ❝Satoria King never expected to see her ex-boyfriend after five years of their break-up, and she refuses to a...
69.1K 2.3K 20
𝓞𝓷𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰... ❝I want you baby,❞ the deep whisper slipped past my lips, and she closed her eyes when my nose traced the faint pulse against her n...