Supernova || knj (Soulmate AU)

By Ashe_wing

** This is the current version ** BTS Soulmate AU In this alternate reality, meeting your soulmate activates... More

Extended Details
Characters
Soulbond Guide
1 || I'm Taking A Plane to Korea?
2 || More Surprises
3 || Touristy Things
4 || Day of the Concert
5 || Is This Fate?
6 || ARMY is... Well, an Army
7 || Sorry, I'm What?
8 || Just a Misunderstanding
9 || Not so Touristy Things
10 || Detained
11 || Manhunt
12 || Caught in the Act
14 || Hollow

13 || Don't Show Them Anything

757 35 10
By Ashe_wing

Astra

"That looks painful," I turned around to see him there. I don't know why part of me doubted he would stick around considering the only time we had been apart in the past 2 hours was when we had split to go get showers and get changed.

I for one was glad for the refreshing start. It helped forget the pain I had been in these past few hours and make thing seem a little more normal. Well, at least as normal as it could get with an idol peaking over your shoulder.

He brushed my damp hair from my face, his touch sending shivers down my spine. Shortly after the incident, the doctors had given us repressors fashioned as simple bracelets for our wrists. It made all of the voices go away, instantly relieving my headache, and was a far cry better than the cuffs they had me in earlier. While it noticeably dulled the effects of being so close to my soulmate, his touch was still clear as day.

He fingers lingered, his eyes narrowing as he observed the side of my temple which was now turning various shades of purple, blue, and this sickly colour of green. I winced slightly, the tender touch sending my head pounding.

His lips turned down in a little frown, a shadow of guilt flashing across his eyes.

I grabbed his hand in both of mine. "Don't be upset. You didn't do this to me."

"But it is my fault."

"It's as much my fault as it would be yours."

Namjoon frowned, and I was fully expecting him to argue with me. Instead, his eyes trailed down, fully roaming my body and the clothes I now wore.

"You look good in my clothes." A slight up turn on his lips. I blushed, still not used to receiving compliments from the boy in front of me. What felt even more weird was the fact that yes, I was wearing his clothes.

Bug Hit staff had a bag prepared for when Namjoon would get released from the hospital after he was admitted, and unfortunately I wasn't exactly in the bigger picture when they made that plan.

His clothes were loose on me. The designer t-shirt was simple, just a simple white t-shirt, but the simple shirt no doubt costed hundreds of dollars. It hung loosely on my shoulders, the soft material nearly feeling like silk against my skin.

The sweat pants I was wearing were also clearly too long on me. I had the black pants bunched tightly at my waist, and even then they still dragged under my feet as I walked.

Still, they smelled like him. The scent was reminiscent of almonds, and I couldn't help but breathe it in. Although, being next to the real thing was so much better.

"I look ridiculous," I said with a small giggle. Likely, my parents would bring me my suitcase when they were able to show up at the hospital. They were probably worried sick right now. Of course, they would still have to wake up.

My hand met Namjoon's, almost without thinking and I pulled him along to the window in the small, private hospital room that seemed more like a hotel suite than anything. The city lights seemed to sparkle against the dark sky. It was a shame that there was so much light pollution you couldn't even see the stars.

There was a bouquet with flowers set on a small table beside the window. It was a calm arrangement of lillies, and roses. I brought my nose down the the petals, breathing in the sweet scent of pollen.

"Did someone bring you flowers?" I asked. Plucking a rose from the arrangement and letting the soft velvety touch of the petals glide along my fingers.

"No, I was thinking maybe they were brought for you."

A slip of paper poked through the leaves. I picked it up, the slip only showing a few words.

Don't show them what you can do. -AH

I frowned. Perhaps the bouquet was a mistake and was meant for someone else. After all, who was this them, and what shouldn't I show them. I put the flower back down, meaning to show Namjoon the note too, before I heard his soft sigh.

Warm arms wrapped around me. I smiled softly as he rested his head against my shoulder.

"This all just feels so weird, doesn't it. Yet at the same time, it feels like I've known you my whole life. The only thing is, I barely know anything about you."

I hummed, almost in agreement. It did feel like I had known Namjoon for years, the way his presence felt around me seemed so natural. Too natural, in fact. The only difference between the two of us was that I knew far more about him than about you.

"I'd say the same, except I'm sure I know more about you than you would me."

He laughed lightly at that. "I guess that's true too. But let's start with the basics. What is your favorite colour?"

I thought for a moment. It truly wasn't hard of a question as I made my answer. "You know that colour when the entire sky turns a mixture of pink and purple before the sun sets? That perfect warm colour is my favorite."

"I don't know how I could top that. I've always been so fond of those colours," Namjoon said. "Though, if I were to choose just one colour, I'd choose black."

"That's technically not a colour. It's a shade," I let out a slight chuckle.

"Perhaps," he said, his lips forming a small smile. "But depending on the way you look at it, it is the colour that represents all colour and no colour at the same time. Perhaps I feel so gravitated towards it because of how it is like my life as an idol. Never quite myself, but so much like myself at the same time."

I smiled at his words before turning away from the window to face him. His slender arms still wrapped around me and I let out a breath at our proximity. His eyes reached mine, burning like the embers of a fire.

"That's deep," I whispered, the feels of his hands as they brushed along my back sending shivers down my spine.

"I-" his eyes flashed down to my lips and I could tell we were thinking the same thing. I leaned head up, an invitation. The attraction between us was something else, and I wasn't entirely ready for it.

I held my breath for a moment as he leaned closer. I could feel the soft whisper of his breath against my lips before I closed my eyes.

The soft touch of his lips never met mine as a cough reached my ears from the door. I stepped back, a little startled at being caught... again. It made me want to take off the simple bracelet that the doctors had given us to suppress the visual cues of our bond. The thin piece of metal was cool against my wrist, but at least I felt comforted that I could take these ones off unlike the cuffs I was wearing earlier. Of course, the doctor strongly encouraged against that at least until the nova quarks settled in our systems.

"Sorry to interrupt," the man said, and I could immediately recognize him as Namjoon's manager for BTS, manager Sejin. He had a soft, round face highlighted by the pair of glasses that rested on the bridge of his nose. His entire persona was warm and comfortable, and I released the tension I didn't know I was holding once I saw him.

"Manager Sejin," Namjoon announced, taking his arms from around me and grabbing onto my hand to bring me over to the comfortable couch in the middle of the room. "Is something the matter?" I was glad he was speaking in English for my sake.

"Nothing is wrong," he said, but his eyes told me of the concern that was within them. I didn't need to read minds to know something bothered the man. "It is just that some people from the government have arrived to discuss the nature of your abilities and register you under the international soulmate protection act."

I squeezed Namjoon's hand lightly as two unfamiliar people entered the room. A man in a pristine suit walked in first, followed by a woman in casual business attire. For being 3 am in the morning, they were looking remarkably put together.

"Mr. Kim, Ms. Hill," the man said, bowing his head in introduction. He and his companion sat down on the couch across from where the two of us were sitting, their presence seeming to fill the entire room. "Pleasure to meet you." They held out their hand, and I paused a moment before leaning forward to shake it, Namjoon leaning out after me to do the same.

I shook the hand of the woman as well before leaning back against the couch. "May I first congratulate you two on finding your soulmate," The woman said with a stiff smile. I forced a smile on my own face as well, a bit uncomfortable being in this woman's presence. Her smile indicated a friendly presence, but her eyes were harsh and demanding.

"Thank you," I replied, nodding slightly.

"You two are very lucky, you know. It is not everyday soulmates meet from opposite sides of the world." I nodded, but didn't feel very comforted by her words. "Do you mind if we ask you some questions while we are here?"

Namjoon spoke up. "No, not at all. We'd be happy to answer any question you have." He was stiff at my side, perhaps just as un-trusting of these strangers as I was.

Yet, from their stiff, formal outfits, and serious expressions, it wasn't hard to guess who these people were. Likely, agents working for the ISA, international soulmate agency. They were responsible for cataloging all soulmates and monitoring the use of their bonds. Specifically to prevent people from misusing them for bonds that could seriously cause damage to others.

The woman smiled stiffly. "I assume that the incident earlier this evening was a result of your soulbond manifesting?"

I nodded. "Yes, it was a bit overwhelming."

"I understand. It isn't uncommon for soulmates with particularly potent nova quarks in their system to react poorly. It also isn't uncommon for the manifested bond to be particularly powerful. You don't mind if we test you do you?"

"Not at all," I said. Namjoon nodded beside me.

The woman pulled a small device from her bag. It looked to be a small metal headband with several blinking lights and small buttons.

"What is that?" I asked.

The woman held out the device. "This will monitor the electrical currents from your brain and help us determine the level of intensity of your abilities. It is an excellent way to categorize those with mental abilities. You can take off your repressor now."

I nodded and slipped the metal bracelet off my wrist. Atleast this time, I was prepared for the voices. I nearly lost it again before Namjoon grabbed my hand. I could feel his own mind down our mental bond, and I focused on it. The voices grew into the background, and I found I could actually concentrate. Still, something was off. I realized it with a start. The two agents were silent. Not a single whisper or whim of thought traced itself into my mind. Odd.

I let the woman position the device over my head. The metal felt cool, and only slightly tender on the bruise from earlier. Her fingers brushed my skin and her thoughts seemed to come to me.

'I sincerely hope these two are better than the last couple we examined. If they're too powerful, the governments won't be able to control them. That would make them dangerous. I would dread staging another accident, especially when the boy is so famous. Yet, telekenetic abilities aren't too hard to control, as long as they don't have any other manifestations.'

I nearly pulled back from her, shock at her thoughts I'm sure was visible on my face. I schooled them into a neutral expression. As soon as she had the device placed and her fingers away from my head, her thoughts dissapeared again. Fear trembled through my veins, and I'm sure Najoon could tell something was wrong as he squeezed my hand tighter.

Clearly, these agents didn't know we had telepathy. Yet, now I'm glad they didn't. If they knew...

I squeezed my eyes shut. All of my senses were screaming at me to run. Danger! They seemed to scream at me. My eyes slipped over the the arrangement of flowers by the window, and it finally made sense.

Don't show them what you can do. Them. As in the government. Don't show the government what I can do. Whoever this A.H. who signed the note somehow knew. It was a warning.

"I just want you to take a deep breath," the woman said. She said it with a smile on her face, the facade of a kind woman. But the thin slip of teeth against her perfectly pink lips made her look like a goblin. I did what she said, but more to calm my own racing heart than prepare to show her anything. I wasn't even sure what I could do myself, which made this whole situation all the worse.

My parents would know what to do, I thought with sudden clarity. They were soul bond researchers. Would they know about this?

She pulled a small pin from her bag. "This is just going to be a small prick that won't hurt much. Your body, should react and give us a good reading of your soul bond ability."

The sight of the pin sent a jolt through my system and I could already feel the energy in my body building up. Don't show them what you can do. The words came unbidden to me again. I didn't know how I could stop this. The metal band of the repressor was warm in my fingers.

"Relax and hold out your hand."

I nodded, glancing at Namjoon who was beside me. I wasn't sure what I wanted by meeting his eyes. Perhaps it was the last glance we would get before I inadvertently doomed us both. My arm felt incredibly exposed holding it out like that. Just as she was about to prick my finger, I slipped the repressor onto my other hand which was conveniently hidden behind my back.

The prick itself didn't hurt, but the sudden rush of energy came as a shock. There was a spark and a hiss before the device at my wrist snapped. I covered it with a small cough, but the broken repressor did little to stop the push of energy on the chairs and tables around the room. They only moved a few inches, but it was enough to make the two government agents raise an eyebrow. The sudden influx was enough the hear the thoughts of the two agents. But I got a good enough grasp on their thoughts I could relax a little.

Thank goodness, the lady thought. She isn't nearly as powerful as I worried. Quite safely in the average bracket for telekenetic abilities. Probably couldn't lift anything heavier than herself for more than a few seconds. The boy probably isn't any more so.

The headache was pulsing at my temples and I could feel my vision going dark. Before I could say anything, I passed out.

⚜⚜⚜

Has been a while since I last updated this story, but I wanted to get some more action in. Just a step in the right direction for what I want this story to be about. Not your ordinary bts fanfic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 62K 63
When soulmates turn fifteen, whatever your soulmate writes on their body, will also appear on yours. They can also feel each other's pain and heart b...
795K 33.2K 88
Min Yoongi never wanted a soulmate. As far as he was concerned, he only had time in his life for his music and his members. He didn't like the idea o...
267K 7K 44
BTS Soulmate AU where your wedding ring hangs around your neck on a chain from from your 10th birthday. Upon your 18th birthday, or when you meet you...
421 37 12
Soulmate Tattoos. The only reason Namjoon and Julie had not confessed so many things. Whether they were the same, complementary, or half of it, the...