OMIALBG || yejisu

By jnkbadass

Yeji Hwang is straight even if most people around her are gay. Like her best friend Winter, and Winter's girl... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue
Special Chapter

Chapter 29

1.4K 69 24
By jnkbadass

Two days have passed and I was still at Lia's house.

The lovebirds left the next morning after the day I first stayed over. Winter asked me if I wanted to stay at her house for a day, but Lia didn't want me to and the two ended up fighting over me. Of course, Lia won, and I had no problem with staying here much longer.

It was already night time and I was in the backyard, swaying back and forth on the swing bed as I looked up at the bright stars. Lia was eating out with her friends so I decided to come out here for a while.

Then suddenly, every light turned on, making the place a whole lot brighter. A familiar song started playing in the background. It was magical; fairy lights were on the wall, wrapped around the trees, and across the place. The ripples from the pool combined with the light reflecting off of them made everything feel like a dream.

"There you are. I've been looking all over for you," Lia came out of the house, wearing a long red dress with a slit on her right leg.

I sat up on the swing and didn't reply. I was admiring how pretty she was and how that dress looked so good on her. Her wavy hair was pulled back with a clip. I was lost for words and thought how did I get so lucky to have her?

"Are you staring cause I look pretty or are you looking for the right words to say to me?"

Can I say both? "Your dress... It's red," I said stupidly.

"OMG, you're correct! Now, what's the color of my eyes?" Rolling my eyes as she chuckled and held my hands. "Let's go dance,"

She tugged my hands but I pulled away from her grasp. "I can't dance-"

"Bullshit!"

"I beg your pardon?" I scoffed.

"I've seen you dance in your room,"

"Someone's been watching,"

"Can't help it. Every time I sneak a peek in your room, you always do something interesting,"

"Creep."

"That I am. Please dance with me," She begged.

Shaking my head, I went back to lie down but she pulled me up. My feet were now on the ground again. "Your backyard is beautiful. How come I've never been here?" I asked

"You always go straight into my room, so I don't know," She gave me a shrug.

"Might come here often-"

"Stop avoiding me and let's dance,"

I glared the girl in front of me as she gave me an innocent smile. She put her arms around my neck, locking her hands together so I couldn't escape, my hands found their way to her waist. Once we started swaying along with the music, I turned my attention to the ground and decided to just keep my head low, not planning to look her in the eye.

"Aren't you a shy one?" She teased.

"No..."

"Then how come you won't look at me in the eye?"

"Cause I might forget how to breathe if I looked into your eyes..." I finally glanced at her.

We stared at each other for a bit before bursting into laughter. We both hate cheesy stuff and we sometimes tease each other with it.

"I can't believe you just said that!"

"Was it not the most beautiful thing I've ever said to you?"

"Yes. It will be forever stuck in my head," She joked.

"Please make it your bio on your Instagram,"

"'I might forget how to breathe if I looked into your eyes' dash, Yeji Hwang. Sounds like a good bio to me,"

I let out a snort before my face broke into a smile. "People will know how romantic I am,"

"No. They'll know how pretty I am,"

"Trust me. They already know."

Her cheeks turned red and she avoided eye contact. I still wasn't used to her blushing over something I say. She's the one who usually makes me blush and teases me about it.

"Is Lia Choi blushing right now?" I feigned a gasp. "It's so weird to see you blush,"

"I see what you're doing. Taking revenge on me, huh, Yeji?"

"Revenge is so sweet," laughing like a maniac, my head got slapped by Lia.

"Oww," Wincing while I massaged the spot where she slapped me. She pinched my cheeks hard as well. "You're a bully!"

Lia grinned at me, putting her arms back around me as we continued to dance to the music. "You're just so cute,"

Now it was my turn to blush like crazy. I didn't know what to say so I changed the topic. "How was dinner with your friends?"

She snickered at how embarrassed I was and replied to my question. "Good. The food there was great- I mean Burger King is always great,"

"That's where you guys been to? Judging from your outfit, I thought you guys went to a five-star restaurant,"

"We can be a little extra sometimes," She smiled.

"I can see that. You told me before that you guys went to the cinema wearing gowns as you watched a Disney movie,"

"I loved that memory. The kids were staring at us the whole time. Too bad they're just jealous cause they weren't wearing gowns,"

"What did the kids ever do to you?"

She shrugged. "They annoy me,"

Her coconut scent reached my nose. It became my favorite smell in the entire world.

"I'm sorry but come closer," Spinning her around so her back was now pressed against my front, I hugged her waist while she placed her hands on top of mine. I inhaled her addicting scent before blurting, "You smell amazing,"

"I know. It always makes you come closer to me,"

"Mhmm. You look beautiful,"

"Thank you. You too,"

"Your dress is also beautiful,"

"Thank you."

"Hey, wanna know something? I love you,"

She lets out a chuckle and craned her neck to kiss my cheek, "Well, I don't,"

"Now I'm starting to hate that I love you," I said with a pout.

She grinned, "Hate is a strong word, but love is stronger. You know I'm just kidding. Love you too, Yeji."

"Now that's more like it," I spun her back to face me again and we danced the night away.

_

I tightened my grip on the door handle, taking deep breathes inside the car. When I got a text from my mom last night telling me to go home cause she needed to talk to me, I got all nervous and anxious. Lia insisted to drive me home and if I wanted her to be there for me, she would come with me inside.

"Are you okay?" Lia asked in a little voice,

"Just need to take a minute. Your driving skills suck,"

She slapped my thigh, sighing. "I'll take that a yes"

I nodded slowly, "Just nervous,"

"Want me to wait out here?" I can hear in her voice how much she's worried about me. And as much as I wanted her to be there for me, I wanted to face mom alone. I can't stay at her house forever. I had to accept how things would be starting from now on.

"Go home, Lia. I'll be okay. I'll update you,"

She pursed her lips, "Kiss?"

I rolled my eyes, "Why are you so clingy?" I gave her a kiss, enjoying the warmth of her lips. The kiss told me that everything's gonna be okay. I believed it.

"I'm not. You're just irresistible," She rested her forehead on mine when she pulled away from the kiss.

"Okay, that's enough! I have to get inside. I'm scared that my mom might be watching us,"

"We wouldn't want that now, would we?"

"Yup!"

"Call me when you need anything, okay?"

Taking a deep breath one more time, I pushed the door and got out of the car. I flashed Lia a comforting smile before I watch the car drive away.

I took the spare key from my bag and unlocked the door. The house was awfully quiet. Whenever my parents are home, they're always listening to music. Dad's cooking while mom's cleaning the house, while I do my assignments. But this time, there was no music, no signs of my parents anywhere.

Slowly closing the door, a voice spoke from the living room. "Yeji."

"Motherf- mother! Mom, hi, you scared me," I clutched my hands against my chest as I let out a shaky sigh.

"Come sit beside me," Her voice was plain.

Without hurrying, I made my way to the sofa. Every step that I take, the more my heart was pumping out of my chest. I sat two feet away from mom, dropping my hands on my thighs and sitting straight.

"Honey, you look so tensed. Relax,"

I did what I was told. Releasing the breath I was holding, I slouched and crossed my legs as I relaxed more. I stared at my mom and saw her eyes were filled with guilt and regret. It was totally the opposite of how she looked at me the last time we saw each other. That time, I was so scared to even come up to her with that angry look on her face. Now, her look was something I wasn't expecting when I got here. This look made me want to give her a tight hug.

Mom reached for my hands, caressing it with her thumbs as her eyes began to water. "Yeji, I am so sorry. I am so sorry for raising my voice, for kicking you out, for being mad, for hurting your feelings, for acting badly last time, for fighting with your dad, for... for- ugh! For being a bad mom. I'm so sorry, honey."

Like her, tears were falling down my cheeks as soon she said those things. I hate it whenever I see my parents like this. I hate to see them cry. I also knew that one day, mom would able to forgive me and to accept me. I know that she loves me to death and that she'll do anything for me.

"Mom, it's okay. You don't have to be sorry, I understand," I sniffed,

"No. I will never stop saying sorry for hurting you. I never wanted to hurt you. I was just so tired and a lot had happened at work, I didn't know what to do. All my stress and anger, I took it out on you. It wasn't fair to you, and for that, I truly am sorry,"

"Mom, as I've said, it's okay. It was a huge shock to you and I completely understand."

"As you grow, I've always thought about your future. I wanted you to have a college degree, have your dream job, achieving your goals, getting married to a wonderful guy, and having kids. But now, I understand. I've always known that you liked girls. I just kept lying to myself, hoping that I was wrong. Your dad made me understand you more. I don't mind anymore if you want to get married to a woman and adopt kids or have none at all. I will support you in everything you want to do,"

A grin broke out on my face, tears were still rolling down. My mom's mascara was ruined, making her look like a panda. "Mom, I love you so much. You don't know how happy I am right now,"

She gave me a smile although her lips were quivering and she squeezed my hands. "I am happy too. I am happy for you and for coming out and for being the way you are right now. Will you forgive me?"

"Of course! You're my mom and I will always forgive you... Unless you stop making me banana bread every month then I won't forgive you,"

"I've been making you banana bread since you were little. I'll always make it for you until my last breath," She said, chuckling.

"That's good to know," I grinned,

"So... This girl, Liaa... is she your girlfriend?"

I laughed. "No. Not yet,"

"Yet. I'll tell you what, I'd like to meet her and have a conversation with her. Bring her here tomorrow at dinner and I'll cook for her,"

"She'll be thrilled to hear that," My eyes sparked at what my mom said. I was really happy today and I'm really glad I got to make up with my mom.

"You two will be doing the groceries, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am."

Her mouth perked up, enveloping me into a hug. A mother's hug is the most powerful hug, "I love you very much, Yeji."

"I love you too, mom."

My dad showed up from the kitchen with a towel on his shoulder, giving us a warm smile. "You guys made up?"

Mom and I both nodded as my dad went up to us, spreading his arms wide open. We accepted the hug and I rested my head on his shoulder, inhaling his scent that I've known since I was a baby.

"I love you both," I said,

"We love you more."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

686K 33.9K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
13.8K 763 46
"And I meant every word I said When I said that I love you, I meant that I love you forever..." GP! Momo, Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, Dahyun I wanted to le...
35.9K 2.2K 35
Ryujin falls for Yeji but it's not as simple as it seems.
900K 41.3K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...