Our Secrets

By Skyalent

Batfam x Batsis Reader Harry Potter AU "You've got your secrets, I've got mine. The only difference is that... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Change
Chapter 2 - Gala
Chapter 3 - Fire in the Dark
Chapter 4 - Grief and Recovery
Chapter 5 - Slipping in Some Magic
Chapter 6 - The Days Before School
Chapter 7 - Different
Chapter 8 - Dragons
Chapter 9 - Filler Chapter
Chapter 10 - Let's Hang Out!
Chapter 11 - Y/n's Date
Chapter 12 - The Gala
Chapter 13 - December the 26th
Chapter 14 - Hidden Secrets
Special Chapter YAYYYYYYYYYY
Chapter 15 - Summer Flashbacks
Chapter 16 - Back at School
Chapter 17 - Inner Feelings
Chapter 18 - A Day in Hogwarts
Chapter 19 - Words Left Unsaid
Chapter 20 - Back In Time (Part 1)
Chapter 21 - The Third Task
Chapter 22 - Back in Time (Part 2)
Chapter 23 - Forever Asleep
Original Chapter 23 - Forever Asleep
Chapter 24 - Brooms
New Years Special!
Chapter 25 - Muggle Ice Slippers
Chapter 27 -The Bucket List (Part 1)
Chapter 28 -The Bucket List (Part 2)
Chapter 29 -The Bucket List (Part 3)
Chapter 30 -The Bucket List (Part 4)
Chapter 31 - The Justice League
Chapter 32 - Without Her
Chapter 33 - Magic Mayhem
Chapter 34 - Defending and Training
Chapter 35 - Newt's Surprise
The Second Special Chapter!
Chapter 36 - Catching Up
Chapter 37 - Mischief Never Managed
Chapter 38 - Deadpool
Teenfic... Please Stop
I Know...
Chapter 39 - Princess in a Tower
Chapter 40 - Back in Time... Again??
Chapter 41 - Safe and Sound
Chapter 42 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 43 - 'Twas The Night Before Heart Attack
Chapter 44 - Stupid. Loveable. Idiot
Chapter 45 - The Chaotic Holidays
Chapter 46 - Cold
Chapter 47 - Undertale
Chapter 48 - A Frizzy Day
Chapter 49 - The Dursley Investigation
Chapter 50 - Patronuses
Chapter 51 - Bacon and Meowson
Chapter 52 - When There's Trouble You Know Who To Call...
Chapter 53 - Alone

Chapter 26 - A List of Questions

881 37 3
By Skyalent

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 26 — A List of Questions

Author Note: I'm giving other people more time to send their input on what Y/n should do in the previous chapter, so those will be written later. Enjoy the chapter! This is a bit long because I might not have time to update next week and I am a bit late. I've got some big tests coming up, so wish me luck!

════════════════════════════════

There were a number of things the batfamily wanted to know about Y/n, as she didn't usually share what happened in her magical world unless they asked, but how could they ask about things they didn't even know.

The only thing Y/n would willingly speak about was magical creatures and the reserve, otherwise, you had to ask a question and see if it would be answered. Or Y/n would have to explain something magical that they didn't know.

So, with the limited knowledge that they knew, they made another list. A list of things to ask about. More so the batboys than Bruce and Alfred because Y/n tended to share anything with them without being asked. Damian often wondered when Y/n even had the time to bond with the two adults seeing as she was his friend first.

First things first,

- The Gala Date

"Hey Alfred? About Y/n's gala-"

"No master Tim, if Miss Y/n will not tell you her gala date, I will not do so either. Please do not bother master Bruce or Miss Y/n for an answer."

Tim sighed as he left Alfred and turned the corner to see his other brothers, shaking his head sadly.

"Okay, so we can't go to Alfred anymore, and he said not to go to Bruce or Y/n-"

"What about me?"

The boys turned around at the new voice, seeing their sister standing across from them, looking at them confused. "Did something happen?"

"Ah, no, don't worry about it Y/n." Dick tried to act natural but was slightly sweating after unexpectedly being caught off guard by her entrance. Y/n didn't buy it and looked at Damian who tensed.

"Damian."

"Ukht."

Damian's brothers inwardly cheered for him, not giving in to Y/n at the moment. They didn't know that Damian was already breaking, just as they would have if they were put in his position.

"... you know my name is Y/n-"

"Okay fine! We were trying to figure out your date to the gala!" Damian broke, unwilling to lose his bond with Y/n and having to call her by her name instead of his sister. His brothers sighed, though they knew they would have broken as well.

"Pbft- is it really that important?" Y/n laughed. Jason nodded in a serious manner.

"If we have to intimidate and give the talk you know, brother things."

Y/n shook her head, "Well, if you really want to, I'll get them to come over for dinner." and with that Y/n walked away, leaving the boys in chaos, forgetting with the sudden news that Y/n was pronounced dead to everyone in the wizarding world.

════════════

"What's with the extra plate Alfred?" Bruce asked after returning home and sitting at the dinner table.

"Miss Y/n is bringing over her gala date for dinner." Alfred responded with a smile. Bruce returned the smile and noticed the boys who were watching the interaction in silence. He decided to tease them a bit.

"That's good. Do you have (favourite food) prepared? You know that's their favourite."

Alfred nodded, "I do, all is prepared."

"Father." Damian stated, causing Bruce to look at him. Tim finished what Damian was going to ask.

"You already met Y/n's date!?"

"Yes, I have, and I want you boys to be respectful, alright?"

Damian hesitantly nodded as Dick and Tim reluctantly gave their word. Jason shrugged.

Y/n entered the dining room with a smile and the boys turned to face her right away.

"Wait, Y/n, where's your date?" Dick asked and Y/n paused where she was and went to look behind her.

"Oh! I guess they must be shy. Wait, I'll get them."

Y/n turned around to the door, seemed to grab a hand, smiled and entered the room...

.

.

.

...with a floating mirror.

"OH COME ON!"

════════════

Second, and easiest to ask about on the list,

- The Creature Reserve

"Really? You want to know more? Wait! I'll be right back." Y/n rushed to her room as her family waited in the living room. She came back with a few different notebooks and scrapbooks.

"You know, my Lola's company, Bowtrufful, is a combination of a magical creature, the Bowtruckle and the word beautiful. See here, this is a Bowtrukle in Harry's hair, his name is Frizz."

The boys eyed the moving pictures and flipped through the books as Y/n acted like moving pictures were normal. They didn't question it and just answered their own question, 'it's just magic.'

"Who is taking care of the reserve now?" Bruce asked.

"Oh, well, the reserve is mostly self-sustaining, but occasionally, I have my house elf Zooky give a check up on all the creatures."

Dick looked up from the scrapbook on his lap "A house elf? Like Santa's elves?"

"I guess. They're like servants, Hermione says their working as slaves and I can see where she's coming from, but they like serving. Besides, I've tried to free Zooky many times, but he starts crying and asking what he did wrong begging to stay, so I stopped doing that."

"Can we meet him?"

"Sure! Zooky!"

Suddenly, in front of them came a 'pop!' and Zooky appeared. "Miss Y/n called for Zooky?"

"Zooky, let me properly introduce you to my new family." Y/n smiled. She knew her family was going to love and get along with Zooky too.

════════════

This point on the list wasn't expected to be answered, but the batfamily got lucky to get an answer to,

- That Time When Y/n Disappeared

It was another night with another nightmare, and Damian silently slipped into his sister's room and carefully climbed on her bed. It seemed Y/n was still not fully asleep or in a coma at the moment since she sensed his movement and opened her eyes.

"Nightmare?" Y/n whispered as she made eye contact with Damian, reaching out to hold his hand. He took it as he pulled her blankets over the both of them. Y/n didn't need a response, she already knew it was a nightmare. Damian came over every time he did.

They both lied down in silence, awkwardly looking each other in the eye before Damian broke eye contact and whispered, "Where did you go that day?"

"That day?"

"That day you disappeared. December the 28th. You came home for Christmas on the 26th."

Y/n let a short breath escape her nose before turning around, "Goodni-"

"You brushed it off last time, but I want to know." Damian insisted, gently holding his sister's arm. "Please Ukht. You won't have to tell the others, I'll tell them for you if you want."

Damian watched as her shoulders raised then fell as she let out another breath. He could make out her slow nod in that dark and Damian silently waited for an explanation.

"My magic... I've learned... it is much more... different from the others. I can do things without my wand that a wizard or witch couldn't do, even if they tried to learn it. When I learn something new about my powers, it happens unexpectedly that sometimes, I don't even know that it was me." Y/n hesitantly explained as she turned around to face Damian again.

"So when you disappeared, it was part of your magic awakening?"

Y/n nodded, "Something like that, yeah."

"So then... where did you go?"

"Another universe."

"Huh? But... but why? Why would-"

Y/n patted Damian's head, making him stop. "Maybe it's universe needed me, I don't know. When I was there, everything felt... the place... no, the universe felt weird. But when I finished... doing something, it felt right again. And a few hours later I was sent home."

Damian took both of Y/n's hands and gripped them. "I don't want you to go."

"I told you already, I'm not going anywhere soon. And you have the compass I gave you."

"How can that even help?" Damian rebutted, but paused when Y/n removed herself from his hands and left one out, silently asking for the compass. He sighed, reached into his shirt, removing the compass that now had a chain acting as a necklace, hidden under his clothes the whole time. He removed it and gave it to Y/n's open palm.

Y/n grabbed her wand and Damian's eyes widened, about to stop her but was too late as Y/n already muttered a spell and placed the wand away. "Y/n-"

"Look."

And he did look. Along with the normal compass arrow pointing north like Damian was used to, were other arrows that had small letters on them. DIC, pointing across from Y/n's room to Dick's room. JAS, pointing towards where Damian knew was the direction of the front door to Gotham City, Jason wasn't in the manor at the moment. TIM for Tim, BRU for Bruce, ALF for Alfred, but one arrow stood out to Damian the most.

This arrow pointed straight ahead, directly at Y/n who smiled as they made eye contact once more. Damian sat up straight. He moved the compass and looked at the arrows, constantly pointing at the respective people, wherever they might be.

"Only our family can see those other arrows, so don't worry if you lose it during patrol."

.

.

.

"Thank you Ukht." 

Family goals, am I right? 

Signed, 
Skyalent

PS. Zooky says hi! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 92 32
Gwenevere Everill's Hogwarts letter finally arrived, and she knew she had to go. If anything, to get away from her family. She needed it. She didn't...
9.4K 388 30
Various Harry Potter (girls) x Modern! fem reader *Warning⚠️ • Grammatical error • Foul language • All I published with pictures came from Pinterest...
16.2K 800 18
Going through her Puberty, Y/n faces more problems than a normal teenager and Her being in The Universe of Harry Potter didn't make it better. She ke...
9.5K 197 27
IMPORTANT: I have a major writers block since August 2020, and I haven't updated this story properly ever since. And honestly, I'm not sure if I want...