Trolls world tour Barb x read...

By Potter_Hanna

Once upon a time there were two trolls; Y/N and Poppy. They are sisters. Together with a grumpy troll named B... More

1: introduction
2: Y/N and Poppy's shenanigans
3: the world of music
4: the secret plan
5: flashbacks
6: evil schemes
7: friends?
8: leaving lonesome flats... or not at all
9: Barb-arians
10: trust
11: meeting a new perspective
12: Accepting the facts
13: Perfect for me
14: blood is thicker than water
15: backstage
16: the flop
17: Let me hear you
18: United
19: new era
20: misunderstandings
21: hard work
22: technical issues
23: feelings and color
24: let's party, people!
25: nightmares
26: everybody wants to rule the world
27: missed messages
28: communication problems
29: I'm coming out
31: That's kinda.... Ya know
32: Meetings meetings
33: Y/N and Barb, sitting in a tree...
34: Be my Valentine
35: trouble in paradise
Part 36: hopeless romantics
37: girlfirends dad
38: Quick fix
39: Record
40: Chaos and cries
41: Sound of silence
42: in sickness and in health
43: told you so
44: liar liar
45: Pride and other plans

30: haters gonna hate

614 24 6
By Potter_Hanna

Y/N POV:
Barb and I land at lonesome flats and we brought our friends, Carol and Riff, along.
-Hi Delta! Thanks for inviting us, I say and give her a hug.
-Oh well, when I finally figured out how to write a mail to ya, I had to find the send button, Delta jokes.
-And Barb, are you gonna settle in real good orrrr...? Delta jokes with Barb, who snickers nervously.
-Oh don't worry about her, she'll just tag along. Me and Riff, however, want to get some new clothes, get some hats, that kind of stuff, I say and Riff excitedly claps his hands.
-Well we can get that sorted for ya, right growly Pete? Delta says.
-Growly growl, Pete tips his hat and smiles at us.
-And Uh, Carol would like to keep her sunglasses on. She's trying to keep herself from loosing eye sight before her next concert, Barb says.
-Huh... alright, Delta says.
-Barb if you take out bags and head to the renting house, me and Riff will get some clothes, I say.
-Sure thing, Barb smiles and takes our bags before her and Carol head after Delta.
-Now let's get y'all trolls some respectable and preferably whole clothes, growly pete says and me and Riff follow him.

Barb POV:
-So I'm happy about you and Y/N! Delta says as she watches me set up in the master bedroom.
-You saw that? I smile, knowing she had seen one of the hundreds of videos of me and Y/N holding hands.
-Who hasn't at this point? Trust me it's just what these trolls need, some change, Delta says before we hear the door open.
-We're back! Y/N shouts and walks into the room with a couple of clothing bags, dressed in bright blue jeans and a plaid shirt tied over her belly button.
-Hey there you! You're looking like a real country troll, Delta praises.
-Thank you! Oh and look at the hat I got! Y/N says and pulls a hat from a bag and put it on her head.
-I think it's supposed to be more like... this, Delta says and tips her hat back a little.
-Oh thank you! Also Barb I know you're not a while fan of these clothes, BUT, I got you something anyways, Y/N says and pulls out a big oversized red and black plaid shirt.
-Oh! That's cool! I say and she hands it to me. I try it on and it hangs off of me in a cool stylish way. Y/N giggles excitedly and hugs me.
-Well what do ya say we head for a walk out to the cows stay? Delta suggests.
-Sure, sounds... educational, Carol walks in and cringes at the last word she says.
-There ya go! Y/N snap my fingers at her. Delta looks confused between us.
-Y/N and Carol has a game where they teach each other regular words from each other's cities, I explain and Delta nods surprised.
-Yup. And my word is "radical". Speaking of, Riffs new boots are radical, Y/N says and Carol claps and points back at her.
-Alright before you make me confused, let's go and talk about something I understand, Delta says and we all leave our stuff and head out.

Y/N POV, later that evening:
-I remember this place! It's where Poppy and Branch made each other look like fools! I joke.
-Oh yeah... it was truly awful. Wasn't there something about party rocking? Delta asks.
-Now that sounds like a cool party, Riff says.
-Ugh don't remind me, that song was the song of my childhood, I danced to it everyday before a party, I say.
-Doesn't sound too bad. I mean you don't wanna learn the lyrics to what dad used to play to put me to sleep, Barb jokes and I gasp with laughter and hit her chest.
-Barb! I laugh. Suddenly we hear angry yelling. Pete runs up to us and sighs.
-What in the hay is going on over there? Delta asks.
-They're protesting ma'am, Pete says with a sour tone.
-Protesting over what? If it's the barbecue again I swear... Delta trails off.
-No no no... it's because of them, Pete points at me and Barb.
-Wh-what? Barb asks.
-Now what did you do? Delta asks disappointed at us and crosses her arms.
-We didn't do anything, I swear! I say.
-Delta you should check it out before, you know... start shouting them out, Peter sighs and Delta follows him to the angry mob. We follow them and in turn we see something I couldn't believe existed.

The protesters were angry at me and Barb for... dating. Their signs had crossed out the rainbow flag that represents being lgbtq+ and had other so called homophobic slurs and statements written on them. I quickly grab Barbs and and she puts her other hand on my arm in fear. She gulps and she nervously stares at the group. Delta then looks concerned at us. When the mob sees us, they start screaming even louder. They call us all sorts of things. As they do I see how Barbs face turns from nervous to mad. And trust me you don't want to see her mad. When I feel like I was loosing her, I drag her back a few steps and she takes a deep and aggravated breath. She then looks at me and I shake my head. Delta sees this and she turn towards them to scold them and she shoos them away.

-That was scary... I admit when they're gone. Barb stays quiet.
-Barb say something, I say concerned.
-Please don't leave because of this, she says quickly.
-What? No Barb, I'm not leaving you because some trolls are narrow minded, I say.
-Ok... ok good, she nods.
-Sorry about that folks. What do y'all say we go eat some dinner, hmmm? Delta asks and smiles to brighten the mood. We all nod and she starts walking.
-You guys ok? You looked like you were ready to beat someone's ass, Carol asks and points and Barb.
-Yeah, we're ok... thanks Carol, Barb smiles and Carol pats her on the back. I take a few breather and a tighter grip on Barbs hand.
-Now don't be scared of those ignorant idiots, Delta says as she sees my worried look.
-They don't have the guts to do anything more than to cross out a flag. And Barb if they personally come near you, I give you my permission to beat their ass, she follows up.
-Thank you, it's good to hear that, Barb says and we laugh.
-Oh yes, I agree.

The next day at lunch:
Barb and I are sitting and eating home made food outside on the porch. The sun warms us gently as we share a meal.
-You know I've been thinking about something. We only ever call each other by our names, Barb points out.
-Uh-Huh? I ask and mention for her to continue her thought.
-Well normally couples have names for each other, like babe, or sweetheart, Barb says and then stops in her tracks and cringes and I laugh.
-Remind me to never say that again, she then says with a disgusted tone.
-Of course, sweetheart, I tease and she points her fork at me.
-Don't call me that. It's now a forbidden word, she says and I laugh even more.
-Well what would you like me to call you? I ask.
-Babe always works, it's kinda normal in volcano rock city. That or Bubba or bubs, Foxy, peach and queen always works, Barb smirks and I snicker.
-I think babe will do, but remind me to write the others down, I say.
-And what about you? Sugar? Barb jokes.
-That's a good one, I say.
-I like poprock, I admit.
-Well yeah but it's not really a couple-y name, Barb says.
-It could be. But if you insist, I can also use babe, or baby. Darling, Princess, queen... beautiful is also nice, I giggle.
-Well whatever you say sugar, Barb says and I smile. Suddenly a loud scream starts again and we see the mob. They're standing across the courtyard and pointing at us, yelling slurs at us.
-Ugh not those idiots, Carol says as she steps outside.
-You tell me, Barb scoffs angrily. I sigh angrily.

The mob has followed us around all day, just silently judging us. And I was starting to get fed up. Not only them but hate comments and other unnecessary comments were made in mine and Barbs relationship. Not only because we're gay, but also because we're different genres, in love and in a relationship. It was all eating at my brain and I was boiling over.
-Y/N you know I can just make them leave. Banish them or something, Delta says.
-No I'll just... I trail off as I hear them whisper behind us. Barb growls and turns around forcefully.
-No Barb, stop. It's my turn to get mad, I say and hold Barb back.
-How is a sweet pea like you going to do that, Delta asks confused.

(Cue dead or alive, cover by first to eleven)
-Watch and learn, I say and turn around, staring straight at the mob.

-It's all the same, only the names will change, I sing, glaring at them.
-Every day, it seems we're wastin' away, they start backing off as I walk towards them.
-Another place where the faces are so cold. I'd drive all night just to get back home, I continue. They start mocking up and pointing at me, making harmful stereotypical country troll moves.
-I'm a cowboy! I exclaim.
-On a steel horse I ride, I point at the motorbeetles parked by the saloon we used to get here.
-I'm wanted dead or alive, I say and angrily point at myself.
-Wanted dead or alive, I point at Barb and the mob starts getting mad.

-Sometimes I sleep, sometimes it's not for days, They back up so much that I run after them.
-The people I meet always go their separate ways, we are out in the middle of town square and I point to around us.
-Sometimes you tell the day by the bottle that you drink, I point to the mob again and other trolls start crowding around us, watching the scene unfold.
-And times when you're alone, well, all you do is think, I say and turn around again.
-I'm a cowboy, I say and hop up on the ledge of the small house in the square.
-On a steel horse I ride, the spurrs on my boots makes a sound as it hits the wood.
-I'm wanted, dead or alive, I remind them.
-Wanted, dead or alive, I turn back to the mob, who's been surrounded by angry country trolls.

-Oh, and I ride! I grin and hop down from the ledge, walking towards them with confidence and the anger fueled me to tease them endlessly.

-Oh, I'm a cowboy, I point as I get up in their faces.
-On a steel horse I ride, I continue and back off.
-I'm wanted, dead or alive, I wave my finger.
-And I walk these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I throw my arms out to the side.
-I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I wink at Barb.
-I've been everywhere, still I'm standing tall, I point out at the mob.
-I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all, I remind them of the world tour.
-Cause I'm a cowboy, On a steel horse I ride! I'm wanted (wanted), dead or alive, Cause I'm a cowboy; I got the night on my side, And I'm wanted, dead or alive, I say and I see my friends and girlfriends chins drop.
-And I ride, dead or alive, I point out.
-I still drive (I still drive), dead or alive, I remind them once again. They are now shaking in their boots.
-Dead or alive. Dead or alive. Dead or alive. Dead or alive! I say as the mob runs away, leaving their signs behind. I turn to Barb.

-So? How did I do? I ask confidently.
-I-Uh-Huh-wow, Barb blabbers.
-You're awesome, she gasps.
-Thank you, I say sheepishly and wring my toes in the dirt under my feet.
-Well my rocking girlfriend, what do you say we eat some luxury dinner tonight? Barb says and holds out an elbow.
-Absolutely, I say and take it. We walk off to the nearest saloon for a nice evening out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 93 4
Marshtato Mary is back! And she wants to get back at the trolls yet again. When she conveniently swings by one day and hears that Branch does not wan...
16K 136 11
When Poppy learns there are five other Troll Tribes scattered throughout the world, She and Ruby decide to bring one delegate from the Country Wester...
38.1K 470 15
Life is all glitter and happiness in Troll Village. Poppy is queen now, and Branch finds himself having feelings towards her he's never felt before...
76.1K 1.4K 36
Many years before Queen Barb set out to destroy all music, Princess Roxanne of the Hard Rock trolls didn't know where she fit in. She loved Rock n' R...