unstoppable force paradox (mh...

By cosmicnero

"What does power cost?" Y/N is quirkless. In a world of superhumans, that's not a good thing. She decides to... More

ใ€š ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ ใ€›character info
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ ใ€›eating trash and nearly killing heroes
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ ใ€›bananas and a new hobby
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘ ใ€›the past and the future
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’ ใ€›the exam and the results
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“ใ€›uniforms and starting lines
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”ใ€›the bomb and the immovable object
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•ใ€›the quirkless and the strong
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–ใ€›class reps and villains
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ—ใ€›the unforeseen and the predictable
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽใ€›the end result and...
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿใ€›naps and heroes
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿใ€›mornings and nearly killing heroes (again)
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ใ€›apologies and entrances
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ใ€›worries and war declarations
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ใ€›teams and plans
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•ใ€›families and quirks
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–ใ€›countdowns and conversations
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—ใ€›talks and tech
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽใ€›fights and familiar faces
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿใ€›going all out and the consequences therefore of
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿใ€›past foes and past friends
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ใ€›pep talks and problems
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ใ€›fun times and a winner?
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ใ€›the medalists and the meeting?
ใ€š๐ž๐ฑ๐ญ๐ซ๐šใ€›shenanigans and side stories
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”ใ€›trust and business
ใ€š๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐๐žใ€›keita and akinori
ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•ใ€›names and interns

ใ€š๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”ใ€›victories and mistakes

7.9K 460 207
By cosmicnero

𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: will y/n ever get a break? Find out...

Honestly you really hadn't meant to take that many. You were just excited, excited that your dumb plan worked, excited to be part of a team. You just grabbed headbands without really thinking.

Stupid...

You noticed multiple eyes turn towards the both of you. "Uh oh..." You mumbled. That's a lot of people... you'd been planning on getting by with run and gun tactics... You couldn't do that here. Crap... Crap... How were you supposed to get you and Shinsou away from everyone?

"Y/N! Run!" Shinsou yelled, tapping you on the shoulder as he did. That was enough.

"Okay... I'm going to jump. Hold on tight!" You needed to be careful if you overdid it you'd end up hurting someone. With just enough strength to clear everyone, you jumped.

So stupid...

"Shinsou! I'm sorry! I got overly excited! Now everyone who isn't going for Midoriya is going for us!" Your heels skidded unevenly as you landed. "I'm so sorry. I-"

Shinsou cut you off. "Stop apologizing! You have a plan, remember! Just because the first attack went differently than expected doesn't mean it's all over! Focus!"

You shook your head as if trying to shake the thoughts out of your head. You turned over your shoulder and grinned at him. "Right! From here, I'm counting on you!"

—-

'So, after that first attack, we should start slowly climbing the leaderboard. And that's where you come in.'

"Hey! Monoma, right?" Come on...

"Hmm?" Bingo.

'You said your quirk puts people into a trance first. And I assume that if you don't give them an order, then they'll stay like that right?'

'Yeah.'

The blond froze. Shinsou focused all his attention on keeping him under his control (much harder when he was flying through the air.)

'Because that sounds like a perfect distraction...'

"Monoma? You good?" One of his teammates shoved him to get his attention, snapping him out of Shinsou's brainwash. But it was already too late as a Y/N shaped blur was already within arms reach grabbing a handful of headbands.

"What the-" Monoma attempted to snatch them back but Y/N was too fast, deftly catching Shinsou and skidding to a smooth halt.

"Oh? Saitama, is it? With a super strength quirk right?" Monoma questioned. He had a copy quirk... Crap. "Don't mind if I do..." The blond reeled his arm back moving to punch and Shinsou felt his heart stop.

But Y/N didn't move. Instead she grinned at him. "Hate to break it to you but, I'm quirkless."

Monoma seemed to be about to snap back but he hesitated, gaze drifting behind Shinsou and Y/N...

"YOU!!" Shinsou didn't even need to turn around to know what was happening. The explosion kid?

Y/N seemed surprised too but she managed to swirl to face him but seemingly a moment too late, as a massive explosion went off right in front of her.

Shinsou tried to blink and clear his eyes from the bright flash but he still felt Y/N stumble. He braced himself to fall but he didn't hit the ground. Y/N had jumped and managed to land smoothly.

He finally managed to pry his eyes open and he gasped. Y/N had her arms in front of her but they were up higher. She was blocking for him. And her shoulder was smoking.

"Geez dude..." She mumbled. "That was kinda rude..."

You glared down at the angry Pomeranian. He was really getting on your nerves... "Can I help you?"

"Those are my damn points and I still need to kick your teeth in." He snapped back.

"Bakugou! Chill!" Poor Kirishima seems to have been relegated to Pom-wrangler.

You rolled your eyes and were about to respond when Shinsou discreetly tapped you on the shoulder, realizing his plan you just nodded.

"Then come and get us, Uh... Dickbag!" Shinsou clearly needed training for trash talking but...

"HUH WHAT DID YOU JUST-" He froze.

"We're running!!" You yelled and leapt into the sky just as Bakugou was smacked by Kirishima, snapping him out of Shinsou's control.

Your eyes wandered across the field and finally landed on Todoroki's team who seemed to be in a duel with Midoriya's team. Honestly, since seeing how cool he was in the Battle Trial, you were hoping to get a chance to spar with Todoroki. "Hey Shinsou... wanna try one more go?"

Shoto turned and stared back at Midoriya. Then stared at his left arm. 'Is my resolve really that weak?'

"Oh, no! Team Midoriya didn't get the ten million points after all! Time for a countdown!"

He flinched minutely at the sudden loud voice and shook his head to refocus. Fine... it was fine he just needed to guard the points...

"TOKOYAMI!" Midoriya was going for a second attack.

"KAMI-" he didn't even manage the full word before something incredibly fast shot past him. It almost felt like Iida's recipro but... It was off... It didn't feel like an engine.

What the hell was that?

"Time's up! And with that, the second round is officially over! Now, let's take a look at who our top four teams are!"

Todoroki sighed, maybe one of the other teams shot a quirk at him?

Wait... What?

–--

You were quick to catch Shinsou before he hit the ground. You landed safely on the ground and finally let Shinsou down. He dropped to touch the ground with his hands. "Ah... Solid ground." He sat back with a smile. "You know... once you get tossed into the air a good few times... it's kinda peaceful up there..." Shinsou mused.

"I think that's Stockholm Syndrome talking, Shin!" You teased but you knew that feeling. Once you were strong enough to leap this high, you did it all the time.

"Shin?" Oh crap you'd slipped out the nickname without thinking.

"Oh! Sorry Shinsou!"

"No... Shin is fine. Just... fine." He paused. "I guess I've never had anyone call me by a nickname... Never had many friends."

"Me neither." You responded. "This year is the first time I've even been close to having a friend."

So you're not a useless weakling, then? You're worse! You're a lying villain! I can't believe I thought you were my friend!

You withered at the memory. At least you could hope that since almost everyone had seen your strength to some extent, they wouldn't turn on you like that."Well... First time in a long while that is..." You corrected yourself. Then you paused. "Uh, this might be a really stupid quesion but... Uh... Are we friends now? Is that how it works?"

Shinsou shrugged. "I think we're friends but I'm no friendship expert."

You chuckled. "Well, in that case, we can both pretend we know what we're doing!" After a beat of silence you added, "I can't believe you called Pomeranian a dickbag... A dickbag."

Shinsou laughed. "Yeah... not my proudest moment..."

"I thought it was funny." With that you plopped the few headbands you'd managed to snag from Todoroki over Shinsou's head. You chuckled. With all those headbands he almost looked like Aizawa.

"Do you know what place we got?" He asked.

"Nah I wasn't really counting. I just kinda-"

"Uh... Y/N!" Shinsou cut you off. You glanced over and saw that he was showing you one of the headbands... Why? And that was...

Oh...

"Holy fu-"

"In first place is Team Todo- Wait, what?!? It's Team Shinso? When did they get the one million points?"

You stared slack jawed at the million point headband in Shinsou's hand. "Oh... I wasn't trying to get that... huh... I guess they moved them around..."

Oops...

"First place..." Shinsou muttered quietly. "I can't believe it... First place."

You smiled. "Yeah! I couldn't have done it without you! Wait... no... that sounded super lame... I mean I meant it but..."

Shinsou laughed. "Eh... You did most of the heavy lifting."

"And you put up with me throwing you around like a baseball so in my opinion, you had the harder job." You countered. Honestly, Shinsou had really saved you. You would have panicked if not for him so... "Do you do any strength training? Cause you could use that whole 'use your quirk as a distraction' thing on your own if you get a mean punch." You explained, mock punching the air making sure to hold back. "And I've dealt with my fair share of villains and most of them love to talk so..."

"I'll keep that in mind... Maybe we could work out together sometime?" Shinsou replied and you were quick to nod.

You noticed Shinsou glancing over at a few other students. Probably from his class. They probably wanted to talk with him and in all honesty your social skill meter was getting pretty full.

"See you around, Shin!" You waved to Shinsou.

He chuckled. "Yeah sure. Just don't murder me if we face off next round!"

Your smile wavered but you forced it back. "Heh, I promise!" You did an overly exaggerated cross-my-heart gesture. "Bye!"

You didn't have the strength to tell him that he shouldn't worry since you were going to drop out before the last round.

You didn't want to fight.

You still remembered the feeling of broken glass raining down on you...

Seeing your classmate covered in blood laying against the wall...

No...

You didn't want to fight.

You couldn't fight.

Not again...

"Saitama!" You heard Midoriya's energetic voice. "Congrats on first place! You did-" Midoriya was suddenly interrupted by a pink haired girl with weird glasses who shoved past him.

"SAITAMA?!" She was pretty much yelling which was very unnecessary since you were only a few feet away. "Your name is Saitama?"

"Uh... yeah? I'm Y/N Saitama... Hi?"

"Are you related to Keita Saitama?"

You blinked in surprise. "Yeah, he's my dad. How do you know him?"

The pink haired girl gasped.

You noticed Midoriya mouthing the name as if trying to remember something. Then it seemed to click. "Wait! He's the quirkless tech designer right?"

Uraraka let out a soft, "Who?"

"He's pretty much the only semi famous quirkless person in generations!" Midoriya gushed. "Honestly he was a bit of motivation for me..." You couldn't help but smile.

"He works with Nova Industrial, right!" The pink haired girl almost looked like she was vibrating with excitement. "You need to put in a good word for me! I'd love to work with Nova Industrial! Their public use tech is amazing!! I'm Mei Hatsume!"

"He's here actually. So's the CEO and the head of R&D..." you realized your mistake almost immediately. The pink haired girl looked like she was moments away from passing out.

"CAN YOU INTRODUCE ME?!?"

"Uhhh..." You did remember that Tatsu was looking for new recruits. "After the last match, sure!" You gave her a thumbs up awkwardly.

Thankfully that seemed to be enough to get the excitable girl off your case as she seemed more interested in getting all her "baby" designs together to show off.

You glanced over at Midoriya. "My dad was motivation?"

The green haired boy seemed flustered. "Well, yeah! I mean... Quirkless people aren't exactly well known in general... Especially not in such a positive light..."

You smiled at that. You needed to tell your dad, he'd be so glad to hear it. "I'll introduce you some time. Just a heads up, he might start crying if you tell him." Then again, Midoriya might cry too. You may want to buy a boat before that conversation...

"See you around Midoriya, Uraraka!" You waved.

You breathed a sigh of relief as you walked towards the edge of the stadium. Finally some peace and quiet-

"YOU!"

You felt your soul leave your body as you heard a familiar irritating voice. You turned, seeing Pomeranian stomping towards you.

Tired and unwilling to deal with this crap, you responded with a rude, "What the hell do you want now? If it's more shit about how you're going to beat me then save it. I-"

He grabbed your arm and yanked you down the hall, slamming you against the wall. You met his glare with one of your own.

"You." He snarled.

You rolled your eyes. "Me, now that we've established that, can you leave me alone?"

He slammed a hand next to you on the wall, his quirk popping between his fingers. You simply curled your lip at the annoyingly loud sound. "What the hell is your game?"

"My game? You're the one who keeps bothering me." You sighed, rubbing your hands against your eyes. "Look, if it's about the next round... You don't need to do anything. I'm gonna withdraw."

He looked stunned for a moment then snapped again, "That is exactly what I'm talking about. What's your deal?" He growled at your confused face. "Why the fuck are you pretending to be weak?"

You stared wide eyed. "What?"

"I SAW YOU! BACK AT THE FUCKING USJ! YOU COULD HAVE MOPPED THE FLOOR WITH THAT NOMU BASTARD!" He slammed his fist against the wall, actually cracking it. "So why the fuck are you pretending?"

You gulped. Shit. It was easy to forget... But Pomeranian was smart as hell. "I'm not pretending-"

"BULLSHIT!" He cut you off.

You sighed. "I'm not trying to pretend to be weak... I just..."

Were you sitting on all this power before just so you could sneak up on us or something? Were you just messing with us?

Your words died in your throat. Was there any point? You doubted it. No one believed you back then, why would Pom be the first?

History repeats itself it seems...

"I-" was as far as you got before Pomeranian held up a hand. Normally that wouldn't have stopped you, but he had a strange look on his face.

You open your mouth to ask what the heck was going on... but...

"'That's not it at all' is interesting wording. It suggests there is something between you two that you're not supposed to talk about." Huh? Was that Todoroki's voice? Who was he talking to?

"U‐Uh..." That sounded like Midoriya... What was going on?

"My father is the hero Endeavor. You must've heard of him. Which means you're aware that he's the number‐two hero. So if you're connected to the number‐one hero, All Might, in some way... That would mean... that I have even more reason to beat you." So you weren't the only one who noticed whatever was going on with Midoriya and All Might.

You weren't one to eavesdrop but... you couldn't help yourself... you wanted to know what was up with Todoroki...

Apparently his father wanted to surpass All Might... It made sense but it wasn't common. Most heroes were too busy seeing All Might as an unshakable example of heroism to even consider the idea that anyone could be stronger.

He was treated more like a symbol than a person.

That sounds awful and exhausting. All the more reason to not parade your skill around.

"Have you ever heard of... Quirk marriages?"

You froze like a deer in the headlights, your breath knocked out of you completely, the words hitting you worse than any punch. You clasped both hands against your mouth.

Quirk marriage...

Your dad glanced away as he pulled his hands through his hair. "Y/N, honey... Do you know what a quirk marriage is?"

A/N: oh ho ho! The plot thickens! I apologize for the cliffhanger last chapter then I come back with an even worse one.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Also, would you guys like a bonus villain!AU chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

743K 27.1K 31
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...
100K 3.4K 35
*เณƒเผ„ ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, ๐š ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ ๐›๐ž๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐จ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐œ๐š๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ ๐จ, ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฌ๏ฟฝ...
11.4K 213 22
Part 1: Y/n lived with her big sister most of her life. With her parents being gone most of the time and Y/n's already troubling villain-like quirk...
2.2K 63 8
For many being born into the my hero world was hell as all the woman had quirks but the men didn't so they were treated like shit even Y/n, some men...