〚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕〛names and interns

𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: the gang picks names and more of Y/N being surprisingly observant. also, a surprise guest enters the story :)

"Good morning!" You cheerfully greeted the cashier at your favorite breakfast place. You ordered quickly, ordering your favorite and an extra for Aizawa (plus an extra dessert) and stepped aside as your food was prepared. Pulling out your phone you checked the time, class started in about 10 minutes. You could totally make it to UA on time in 5 minutes so you took it easy.

"Excuse me?" You glanced up, seeing an older guy who'd been behind you in line.

"Yeah? Can I help you?" You asked somewhat skeptically. You'd had such a good track record for not running into villains recently. You really hoped he didn't want to fight.

"You're Y/N Saitama right? You won the UA sports festival!" The guy seemed genuinely excited. "You did amazing!"

That was... not what you were expecting. You blinked. "Uh... Yeah? That was me... Hi?"

"Oh wow! That was incredible!" Someone else chimed in. "You really had me on the edge of my seat!"

"Yeah, I was rooting for you!" Another stranger added.

"I'm sure you're going to be an incredible hero someday!"

You glanced around, surprised by all the positive attention. Your face flushed red. This was totally new... you honestly didn't know how to handle it all... You mentally cataloged if you were wearing anything stupid (that would be an awful first impression) and your heart fell through the floor when you remembered you were wearing a baseball cap that said "My other hat is also a hat" on it. You really couldn't catch a break...

"Let me pay for your food!" The guy who'd approached you first spoke up again.

You stared. "Uh, you don't have to do that..." you mumbled, honestly completely overwhelmed by everything. You wouldn't turn down free food...

"Please, I insist. You're really inspirational, you know." The guy continued. "I'm quirkless too, you see, and I was super happy to see you in the sports festival at all, let alone winning it! You're really representing all of us out there!"

You were smiling as you let the guy pay for your food, deciding to toss the money you were planning on using to pay for it into the tip jar. Representing quirkless people... You were honestly so happy.

"Good luck out there, hero!" The server cheerfully added as she handed you your food.

"Uh... I... Thank you everyone!" You forced the words out and quickly made your escape from the building before you died from all the complements.

Rain sucked. Mostly because when you tried to jump through the air, you'd get essentially sand blasted by water. Not fun. But you were already running late so you suffered, stuffing your food under your raincoat and pressed securely to your chest..

You landed just outside the UA walls, and walked from there.

Iida was always early so it was easy to catch him. You walked over to his desk somewhat anxiously. He seemed a little lost in thought and didn't address you so you cleared your throat. He jumped. "Oh? Good Morning! Saitama!"

"Morning... I... uh..." You fumbled realizing that you probably should have planned this out better. "I uh... heard about what happened. I'm not good with words but..."

"About my brother?" Iida interrupted and you jumped. "Don't worry. Everything's fine." He smiled but you noticed it was a little shaky. You decided against calling him out on it. Maybe he didn't want to talk about it. That was fair.