『JenSoo Short Stories』

By cupcakechaeyoung

→ A compilation of JenSoo short stories, as you can see in the title. (Some stories have been changed by me)... More

How You Like That
Weather and Seasons
Damaged Goods
Affinity and Chicken #1: Coincidence and Incidence
Affinity and Chicken #2: Fate and Date
Feelings
Home Is a Person Not a Place (1/2)
Home Is a Person Not a Place (2/2)
BP High #1: 1st Encounter
BP High #2: 1st Session
BP High #3: 1st Confession
[M] Lovesick Girls
Prom Night (1/3)
Prom Night (2/3)
Prom Night (3/3)
Ring Says It All
Lend Me Your Hand (1/4)
Lend Me Your Hand (2/4)
Lend Me Your Hand (3/4)
Lend Me Your Hand (4/4)
A/N
Speechless, Breathless, Useless
A Diamond is Forever
Nuages
[M] Captive #1: The Devil Inside
Captive #2: Happy Birthday
Captive #3: The Day
[M] Captive #4: The Night
Captive #5 (Finale): Tied
Living Through You
Strawberry
Aubade (Dawn Serenade) #1: Midnight
Aubade (Dawn Serenade) #2: Demonic Hour
The Girl Who Plays the Piano
Say Ok
How Are You #1: How Are You?
How Are You #2: Someday
How Are You #3: That One Person, You
How Are You #4: Give Me A Day (and I will give you the whole world)
Window of Memories
The Thing About Jennie (1/4)
The Thing About Jennie (2/4)
The Thing About Jennie (3/4)
The Thing About Jennie (4/4)
To Laugh in Flowers (is to bloom in the rain) (1/3)
To Laugh in Flowers (is to bloom in the rain) (2/3)
To Laugh in Flowers (is to bloom in the rain) (3/3)
Broke your heart, I'll put it back together (1/3)
Broke your heart, I'll put it back together (2/3)
Broke your heart, I'll put it back together (3/3)
Paris, La Ville de l'Amour
This love will keep us through blinding of the eyes (or so we hoped)
There's a Sweetness in Hell (1/3)
There's a Sweetness in Hell (2/3)
There's a Sweetness in Hell (3/3)
The Second You Called Me Yours (I had something worth living for)
Asymptote
To The Sea
The Last Proposal (All I really want is a lifetime with you) (1/3)
The Last Proposal (All I really want is a lifetime with you) (2/3)
The Last Proposal (All I really want is a lifetime with you) (3/3)
End.
.. Part Two

Aubade (Dawn Serenade) #3: Dawn

628 54 5
By cupcakechaeyoung

213A, 23rd Floor, Seoul Condominium

Both women are sitting on the sofa facing the huge window overviewing the city of Seoul..

"Look here," Jennie gently touched her jaw to get her attention. "I set "Jichu" as the alarm tone, since I know you liked that song so much you'd get up to jam with it."

"At 5:30 am? And why exactly do I have to wake up at that time?" Jisoo stopped drawing from her ipad and eyed Jennie with a judging look.

"I told you, I wanted to wake up before the sunrise. I've seen thousands of sunsets in my life but I never really get to appreciate sunrises." Jennie pouted and tried so hard to fit her head in between the ipad and Jisoo.

"So?" Jisoo raised her eyebrow as the short haired girl finally succeeded to lay on Jisoo's lap, creating a human barrier between the ipad and her girlfriend.

"So please wake me up when you hear the alarm. You know that I tend to overslept." For a second, Jennie thought Jisoo would curse at her, she knew her girlfriend isn't a morning person and asking her this favor can be considered a suicide mission. But then she caressed Jennie's soft hair before pinching her nose and kissing it after.

"Okay. Are you going to take a nap there?" Jisoo exclaimed and jokingly pulled Jennie's hoodie so it would cover her face. She continued drawing on her ipad as she felt the other began to breathe steadily on her stomach.

"Jennie? Can we transfer on our bed now? I want to sleep too and the two of us can't fit on this sofa."

"Hmm" Jennie just grunted.

She must've fallen asleep. Her face buried in Jisoo's tummy and her right arm tightening its hold on her waist even more when Jisoo tried to rearrange their positions. Jisoo find the sight too adorable and It took her less than five seconds to decide---

"Screw it. Let's just sleep like this." Jisoo set aside her ipad and placed her hands on top of the sleeping Jennie, eventually, she drifted to sleep with Jennie's phone right beside her so she can easily hear "Jichu" blasting from it tomorrow morning.

--

Present time

Baby girl, you're my Jichu, you're my baby.

You're my flower, you're my everything.

My Jichu, you're my baby.

Jisoo jumped up from her seat as soon as she heard the faint music echoing in the entire car. It was a recording of Jennie's voice singing her impromptu song she made for Jisoo one drunken night in their old apartment.

"Damn, where is it? Shit.." Jisoo immediately stopped rummaging in the backseat when she realized the sound came from the driver's pocket who was sleeping peacefully beside her.

"Ouch." Before she got to the phone, she abruptly closed her eyes, feeling the terrible headache that she wasn't really sure if it was caused by the alcohol or the crying.

"What did I do again this time?" She said as she leaned her back on the car's window facing the driver completely. She can't help but massage her temples as she tried to remember the things she had done last night. So far, the only thing that comes to mind is her crying on the driver's shoulder before falling asleep.

She observed the driver, half of her face was covered because of the cap on her forehead, she was snoring softly, head tilted back and mouth hanging open. The rain has stopped and a gradient of red to orange is painted outside overcoming the previously starlit sky.

"Hmm." The driver grunts and with "Jichu" still playing in the background, her breath hitched as everything felt too familiar. She reached for the phone in the driver's pocket.

5:32 am August 15, 2021

The reddish ray of light stuck her face triggering a well-kept memory to reappear in her thoughts.

--

213A 23rd Floor, Seoul Condominium

Baby girl, you're my Jichu, you're my baby.

You're my flower, You're my everything.

My Jichu, my baby.

Jisoo stirred from her sleep, as she expected, Jennie has disentangled herself from her and now sprawled over the couch. Jennie has always been the crashlander kind of sleeper.

"Ahh Jennie, your voice should be considered a national treasure." She said letting the alarm tone play some more before actually turning it off. Words aren't enough to describe how much she cherishes her voice but she had to turn it off so the actual Jennie can sing to her.

"Yah wake up. Yah Jennie yah!'' She shrugged Jennie's leg which is on top of her thigh but the sleeping girl did not even flinch.

"Ahh what should I do with you?" Jisoo stood up from the sofa, hands behind her hips, her eyebrows creasing as she thought of a way to wake up Jennie without having to hit her or throw a bucket of water.

"The sun is about to rise..." Jisoo panicked as the reddish ray of light stuck her face, she immediately parted the curtains in front of them so they'll get a clear view of the sunrise.

Jisoo decided to just lay on top of Jennie, hugging her gently, placing her head on the other girl's chest then she counted to ten. She knew Jennie would return the hug immediately as if she was programmed to do so when it comes to Jisoo's touch.

After the countdown, Jisoo wasn't wrong, she felt both of her arms crawling its way to her back and eventually clasping it together as if locking it to prevent Jisoo from getting away.

Jennie is still doing these things unconsciously and Jisoo always finds it warming, not only because she only does this to her but also, this is one of those times when she's really convinced it's the red string of fate that's behind all of these.

"Jisoo..." after another ten seconds, Jennie whispered in her sleepy voice.

"Sunrise.." Jisoo kissed her on the lips, drawing smiles at each other's faces and finally, watching the sunrise together at their huge glass window and looking forward to more.

--

Present time

Jisoo can easily remove the cap and look at her face but she was afraid, afraid to move and afraid to touch the woman in front of her, for it may just shatter all her hopes today.

She placed her head on the driver's chest and as soon as she embraced her, she started counting to ten following the rhythm of the woman's heart beat.

"8."

She doesn't know if it was possible but even the way the heartbeat rings in her ear sounds a lot like....Jennie.

"9."

By this second, she realized that what could break her even more than this person not being Jennie is---- if she really turns out to be her.

Five years would mean the red string of fate was cut down and Jennie's heart won't hug her like she used to.

"10."

Jisoo silently swore that she will finally start healing herself, replacing in bits & pieces the hole that Jennie left if this woman doesn't hug her back.

---except that she did. Same arms locked her in a tight hug. She frozed, unable to let it sink in that even after all these years, the heart still remembers.

Yes. It's Jennie.

"Jisoo-ah.." and then it came, the same sleepy voice Jisoo would do anything to hear again, a sound almost sounded like a serenade causing you to fall for her even more.

"Jennie-ah." Jisoo looked up only to catch Jennie's gaze. Jennie's features have changed a lot, wrinkles on the side of her eyes are visible, her hair was longer and she became skinnier too. It was for the first time in five years when Jisoo felt like she was stuck in time and the appearance of Jennie pulled her back to reality. Everyone---even the love of her life is changing except her.

Jennie pulled Jisoo into a kiss, making the most out of dawn, all the accumulated regrets were poured out by both women letting their gestures speak for themselves, by the time they parted the sun had risen completely.

"Do you want me to come back home?" Jennie's voice broke in tears as she asked Jisoo. The older girl tried kissing Jennie's tears away until finally resting her lips on the side of her cheek.

She smiled. Her own tears threatened to spill again.

Finally, Jennie gives her a choice.

-------------------------------

All Rights Reserved to the original author: asulzam (on Asianfanfics)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.8K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
79.5K 1.2K 37
Tác giả: Thiên Mai Giới thiệu vắn tắt Nàng là tiểu thư không có tiếng tăm gì của phủ tướng quân, một đạo thánh chỉ sắc phong quận chúa, nàng trở thàn...
72.8K 2.8K 35
Luna Amemiya, the 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 of Gorou Amemiya. Like her older brother, she was a big fan of the young idol, 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐨 𝐀𝐢. Who...
2.7K 210 9
"Oh yeah, that's a thicc piece a--" "Shut the fuck up pervert!" "Was just gonna say meat" "Were you?" Alongside chaos, drama, crackheadedness and som...