Midnight Memories

By CallmeCristine

• An Eremika Vampire Au The moon turns Vermilion The horror and nightmares Keeps her... More

MIDNIGHT Memories
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 [Bittersweet]
Epilogue [Would they be able to have their happy ever after now?]
Final Note

Prologue

511 28 8
By CallmeCristine

Prologue

Is it crazy to be attracted on a photo?
Is it crazy to feel something just because of a photo, to feel joy, to feel happiness, to feel pain and sadness just because of a photo. A photo taken even before she was born. As she look at it, she can feel the emotions of it, like she was inside of the photo and she was the smiling person and beside her was her lover. The single photo of a couple had so many emotions in them, it's crazy that she can feel it, it's crazy that it brings happiness and joy in her heart but it's also crazy that at the same time, it makes her heart ache. A photo of the lovers taken at the year 1923, she look at the plaque containing the information of the photo.

A husband and wife, year 1923.
Identity: Unknown
History: There is a little bit information about them but people aren't sure. They were rumoured to be vampires.

Mikasa continue to look around, hoping to see another photo of the two lovers. As she found nothing but a thick book, she just stare at the photo with admiration in her eyes. The single photo had so much emotions in them, she supposed it's a newly wedded couple. As she look at it, the photo seems to move. Mikasa watched it as if she is inside of it.

'One more take?'

'I wish, my dear doesn't like the spotlight even though she's a Queen.'

'Oh dear, you embarrassed me. You know how much I hate it.'

'But can I have another photo of us?' he said,pouting at her.

'Alright, just because I love you.' she said, laughing at his cheering face.

Why does her heart aches so much? Why does it bring pain in her heart? Why does she feel so sad about it? A heavy feeling is being put on her heart, a feeling she couldn't take. There is so much pain in her heart by just looking at the photo. She feels like she's watching a movie on it's actual set, just looking at the observing. Everything just feels like shit, as Mikasa look at the two lovely couple. Her eyes suddenly blurred, then it's a complete Darkness.

Mikasa woke up in a dizzy state, she had a wet towel over her forehead. As her eyes flutter open, she came face to face with a very worried Sasha looking at her so closely. Mikasa groaned as Sasha sigh in relief. The brown haired girl have her a smile as she took a chair and sat beside her. " Your finally awake. I was so worried about you."

The brown haired girl smiled at her, her brown eyes twinkling as little tears started pouring on her pretty eyes. She immediately remove it with her clothes and smile at Mikasa at the best way she could. " Sasha, don't act like it's such a big deal."

"It is a big deal, Mikasa! Your always having black outs, I won't probably able to count how many times you fainted at just this month plus you faints at random places." Sasha screamed at her, scared. " Your my best friend. We're always together and I just want you to be safe because it always happen."

" I'm fine, it just felt like I had the craziest dreams of all." She stated confusedly, leaning her shoulder on the headboard before she look at Sasha again. " It...just I couldn't explain it, it always happens but this time it's more vivid."

Sasha gave her a slice apple before biting on the apple she cut for herself, listening to Mikasa as she continue to talk about a dream they used to talk about years ago. Same dreams, and Sasha never felt bored of the same conversation like she could actually imagine what is happening at that place. " Well, tell me what is it this time?"

"It's...about a married couple, a young married couple that is so inlove with each other. The man is teasing his wife and they look so happy with each other, it's so crazy how I could feel the emotions hidden on that photo like I was there and I was experiencing it by myself." She explained as hard as she could, to make it easily understandable for Sasha. Mikasa but her lower lip as she tried explaining again. " ...but at the same time, the picture is giving me a massive amount of pain."

She teared up, " The photo touched my heart yet it's so painful."

" Your just hallucinating." Sasha shakes her head, " Whatever that is, Mikasa. This is reality vampires are not true."

" Then what about the news?" Mikasa argued with her, trying so hard to prove a point to her bestfriend. The brown haired lady just look at her and sip her cup of coffee that she made for herself a while ago.

" What about them?" She ask back.
Mikasa frustratedly leaned on the head board and sigh deeply, their conversation will get her nowhere. " They could be true."

A boisterous and loud laugh made her look at her best friend who looks at her as if she is loosing her mind, the girl gave another round of laugh as Mikasa glared at her. " I'm saying what if they are true."

"Dear, you watch too many vampire movies." Mikasa glared at her, she knows her best friend won't really take her seriously. She gave a deep sigh, annoyed at how her best friend is acting right now.

"Why are we in the hospital?"

"To get your brain check." Sasha replied and she glared at her.

" I'm kidding, the doctor said that you've been so stressed at work and you need rest, leading you to hallucinate."

" I did not hallucinate!"

" Sure, as if I believe you."

_____________

It wasn't just a hallucination, because she can feel it. She could feel the emotions portrayed on that photo. She could feel their happiness and even how the couple look at each other, it's very crazy and it brings peace and warmness in her heart. She knows it's crazy to feel emotions just for a single picture, she don't even know who they are. The woman look at the sky, it was raining. No, not just raining. It was stormy, the lightnings and thunders says so, it feels like a gloomy season. A season of mourning because the night sky seems louder and frightening than before, its like a phenomenon. It happens once a year and it always happen on the same day at the same time every year. It's so crazy that even scientist could not explain what it was.

Mikasa look up to the reflection of herself in the mirror, she's still her. Mikasa slap herself to wake her up but instead she felt like she was floating and there she is again, watching the same couple but this time, it wasn't sweet at all. The woman is dying, blood is coloring the muddy floor as the husband carry her in his arms, crying and begging her not to leave him.
The woman even though bloody and dirty, smiled at her husband. She could see that the woman is holding her pain back, she was smiling towards her husband and it's crazy how that simple things pained her.

She could feel a stinging feeling in her heart, as if it was being crumpled and she couldn't do anything but to accept the pain, to watch his face full of sorrow and listen to his cries. She could not do anything, she couldn't move but she wished she could - they could - wipe his tears away and tell him to smile because it will be all over and just like that, the woman slowly become dust. For the last time, she want to wipe his tears away but why does she want to do it?

"I will come back for you." She unconsciously says as the dust was swept by the wind, he let out a loud cry and she's back in her room again, just staring at the mirror. Her face is stained with tears and she wiped those down, the heavy feeling is beginning to spread, a sinking feeling deep inside her stomach. Those were followed by a question, Who am I?

THE king nodded in appreciation for the successful talk he had with the king of the beast palace, everything is going great. Once it's all done, the protestor's could suck it up to their deaths or if they're brave enough, they could go to him and let him kill them. It's all his pleasure, he doesn't need those creatures to stress him out, as he is already stress at the fact that the supply of bloods for the vampires is growing thinner and thinner, animals blood is not as sweet as the blood of humans and humans has been hiding away from them ever since the news, talk about carelessness of a random vampire. The vampire is already given the punishment that he deserved: Death. He was killed just like how humans killed mosquitoes. It wasn't cruel but it will serve as a lesson, unless given approval: only you make a move.

He took his copita, filled with animal's thick blood and smell it. The aroma is wonderful but not as wonderful as the aroma of the human blood, ah, now he is getting thirsty for a human blood maybe he should go to the portal and enter the mortals world. He could get a blood on a hospital there, besides it's been three hundred years ever since he saw the human world.
The king decided to finish his drink and was about to go to his room when his right hand man, Floch Forester came into his direction, panting. He raised a brow towards him, the red head immediately gulp, afraid infront of his majesty.

"What do you want Floch?"

The said man bowed at him, Floch Forester, a man from his right hand, one of the advisors. The man was only three hundred years of age but he was very efficient in his job. Respectful, as all of them should be. " I just want to suggest something since the Blood tree is dying. What if we took humans to produced blood for us."

" Stop right there." The King said and glared at him, " Leave now Floch."

"What?"

"Leave." The young man left confuse. The king sigh, he want able to control his anger a while ago. The blood trees, it's the center of their kingdom and it's what keeps them alive and the blood trees as he reported is dying.

The Blood tree is a tree that produces blood and nobody knows where it came from, it just appear out of nowhere to produced blood for the vampires and now it's dying, if there's no blood the vampires will die and nobody knows how to take care of the blood tree. The first vampire didn't tell them anything before she dies. The king sigh, it seems like there is no other option but to go to the human world and hunt humans for blood. He will sign an official decree for that, as he can't break his own laws.

Once again he become lost in his thoughts.

_______

"May I have this dance milady?" The young Prince Yeager ask the Lady of the Ackerman household. He is a gentleman, bowing before the lady of a lower position. The lady giggled, smiling appreciatively towards her childhood friend.

"Sure, why not Prince Eren, this lady of the Ackerman household agree to your humble request." They giggled as she handed her hands to him.

" You people are crazy love birds." The older Ackerman look at them in disgust. " I mean crazy love bats." He held his copita that contains a red liquid, it's blood. They could smell it from here.
"I'm going to Lady Hange, who knows what that crazy girl will do?"

" I do believe that's your intent brother." The girl holding onto Eren said, her grey eyes is looking at her brother teasingly before she looks up to meet his eyes again.
"Well, Eren?"

She pronounced his name as 'Ereh'

"How have you been?" He awkwardly ask her.

"Cut the crap, we're together yesterday."

"Yes but still.." she shush him.

" Mika..." he pouts and just dance with her.

" I hope this night won't end."

"Well, we could be like this for the rest of eternity Mika." He told her with a dreamy gaze.
" We're vampires after all, we can't die."

"Technically we can die but ..." she wrapped her arms around him. "I get it, I love you Eren. Now and for the rest of eternity, even in my afterlife I will love you."

" I love you too and even if I have to sacrifice everything. I will protect you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 2.3K 24
adopted story. original by @Mijunaa :3 - The afterlife of a dead human that reincarnated into a Killer!Sans variant. The facade of the new owner of...
150K 5.4K 45
Reality has always been a subject to shrug off as we pay heed more on our daydreams. It never really knocked on our windows to remind us about the 'r...
815K 23.9K 56
Sora, a guy who was reading up on "That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime", had not been paying attention when he got struck by a moving truck. H...
116K 3.7K 92
≺≺𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻 𝘅 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿⋆ 橱ぱ I hope you like it -Warning, this story will be long, since I'm going to write the 4 seasons of the anime. ...